Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

February Randoms

Re: February Randoms

• Options
    @shamrocandroll Meringue cookies are actually pretty easy to make, if you’re ever interested in giving it a try 😊 Almond cookies are great. I think my favorite ones are these butterfinger cookies I used to make at work. They were fantastic. 
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited February 2019
     I saw an article about new Peep flavors that included pancake syrup flavor.  I'm on the fence about that one! 
    ETA @marebear15 there are no Kroger stores in my state, either.  I wonder if I am missing out?  
  • Options
    brookert615brookert615 member
    edited February 2019
    @b_1029 Happy to hear your trip is going well!

Now you guys are talking about Easter candy! I was super tempted to get a Cadbury egg the other day - caramel filled of course! The OG creme is a little weird but I still ate them when I was younger lol.

edit: typo
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    @kels0091 that sounds bomb! I would be excited too!
  • Options
    @rachelredhead:  WHY HAVE I NEVER FROZEN CADBURY EGGS?!?!?!  What a genius idea.

• Options
    @rachelredhead that is brilliant. I need to find all the Cadbury eggs now. 
  • Options
    I guess some people were out at the Oreo talk, some were out at the Peeps... for me, it's at Cadbury creme eggs.  The filling skeeves me out big time.  I like the caramel ones, though!
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    @rachelredhead:  I’m dying over here. Pure amazement. 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Non-candy related random ALSO: big TW for sexual harassment: I run a magazine, and we accept submissions of art and creative writing for free using an online system called Submittable, and I was on a roundtable a while ago that they did to help decide what they should do about online sexual harassment perpetuated through their system. AND I just got this DISGUSTING email from a dude whose poetry we rejected that is like... rapey cartoons and dick pics and stuff. I opened it without reading who it was from --like, this person is A KNOWN dick pic sender AND he hit us up with gross cartoons in replies to rejections in the past ugh. Anyway, I emailed Submittable about it through the (not very aggressive) system they created to help stomp out abuse and also put the guy on twitter blast. But like. Now I'm distracted from my grading/work by all the responses I'm getting there and waiting for gmail to respond. I'm MORE annoyed than anything else at two things 1) that I'm so distracted now! and 2) that this guy has been doing this so long and still gets away with it/gets off on it than I am that I opened the email--and I hope my tweets and contacting the company help to prevent other editors from getting harassed. That's the most important thing to me. A dick pic is certainly gross, but my trauma is located elsewhere. I am so worried about other editors getting triggered by some a-hole like this. OoOoOooooo I'm so mad.

I wish this random was about candy, geez.

ETZ: edited out curse words...
  • Options
    wow @kagesstarshroom way to bring down the mood. 

Seriously though, that guy is disgusting. I hope you get it taken care of. 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 lol here is a fun cookie fact to bring it back up: oreos are vegan. 

but yeah seriously. still waiting on a response from the company. :taps fingernails:
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom:  it's just crazy how people lose all sense of decency when they are hiding behind a computer.  
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 chocolate chip cookies are my favorite 🤤. I’ve been wanting to make some. Maybe we will do that tomorrow. 
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom I was surprised when I first learned they were vegan some time ago. Perfect for anyone with an egg allergy.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @b_1029 ummm you were reading my mind. I was going to look for a recipe for a quick fix tonight.
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom That's disgusting.  People are so disgusting sometimes!  So sorry you're dealing with that!

@bakerstreetboys Mini eggs are my jamn!  I bought a huge bag of them a couple of weeks ago and was really rpoud of myself because I split it up into individual snack bags so I wouldn't accidentally eat half the bag in one sitting.  This way, I would have to consciously go and get another snack bag.  It worked great!  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @shamrocandroll You're better than me!  I'd just go back and get another snack bag :)  I bought a Costco size bag one year...that was a terrible idea.
  • Options
    @bakerstreetboys Normally, that would be me too.  But I'm trying (key word) to be a little bit healthier for our next go at TTC.  One year, I bought a case of them online and then hid them around my house.  MH kept catching me with mini eggs way after Easter was over and was like "Where are you getting those from!?"  :lol:
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    Ugh. Just had the worst lunch. I work on a college campus, so my staff id card lets me into the cafeteria. Somehow my id card went missing, but I went to the cafeteria anyways because they have these computers that let you sign in with your id number. Except the computer was down. And the student on duty said her supervisor doesn't let them write down id numbers anymore. Ugh. 
    So I'm currently eating a noodle bowl that I picked up from a campus convenience store.
  • Options
    @marebear15 that's aggravating! How could they not let people eat!?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    Ugh... I have a cold sore for the first time in like 2 years.  Luckily I have a Valtrex refill ready to go, but it's already progressed pretty far in just a couple of hours while waiting for the script.  BLAH...
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @inthewoods23 I think TB was down all over. I couldn’t get on my computer either. 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 good to know! I use the app when I'm at work so I had no idea if it was just an app thing.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 Happened to me too today.