August 2019 Moms
Options

What My Pregnant Self is Eating 1/31/19

What are you eating this week, ladies?

Re: What My Pregnant Self is Eating 1/31/19

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Cereal. It’s literally the one thing that tastes amazing to me. I ran out of my favourite kind and I’m so sad. I found an expat store that sells it and ordered 2 boxes. Hopefully my H will go pick it up for me. 

Also fruit especially grapes, apples, and kiwi. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    edited January 2019
    Still on a steady diet of fruit, bagels, and PB&J over here! Not much else because it all sounds awful. 

I MISS FOOOOOOOOOOD. 

ETA: @AKuzReve, what's your favorite cereal? I'm partial to frosted mini wheats!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Bread. Goldfish crackers. Fruit. French fries.  Really, really well balanced diet. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    @ElcaB, lol cinnamon toast crunch. 🤦🏽‍♀️ I’m a fake grown up. 

• Options
    @AKuzReve ME TOO! I make my husband by cinnamon toast crunch, trix, cocoa puffs, all the stuff that we weren't allowed to have growing up except "special days"
    I keep thinking that I don't know how much longer I have to enjoy it, because "This is Mommy's special breakfast, you have to have cheerios" will only work for so long. In fact I'm kind of surprised it's still working.
  • Options
    @mrosek91, yessss! It just tastes soooo good and refreshing to me. I ordered some and my H needs to go pick it up but is busy with work. I just want my cereal. I’m hungry! I also think lucky charms will go well too. I might ask him to grab that as well. Thank the universe for expat stores since they don’t sell that stuff here. 

• Options
    I've been trying really hard to get fruits and veggies down.  I have trouble digesting them so I've resorted to liquid intake and dried fruits.  I think its a fair compromise.   We had burgers last night, bbq chicken the night before, fish tacos made with fresh lingcod caught locally.  Brussel sprouts, salads, greek yogurt, hella bananas, oatmeal, avocado.  I usually eat pretty well except for the lack of most fruits and veggies.   I've never been one to splurge on sugary things but I do love salt and vinegar chips.
  • Options
    Red Gatorade is amazing (I’m so tired of trying to push water). 

Thin mints (the knock off kind bc our cookies aren’t in yet) are amazing. 

Red gatorade + thin mints = NOT amazing

I will not make that mistake again. 
  • Options
    @mrosek91 I make it very clear what’s “mommy’s special snacks”. I think the kids are scared to touch! 😂😂
  • Options
    @ElcaB I have a box of frosted mini wheats in my desk drawer. 

I’m with everyone in loving breakfast foods and fruits. I’m still struggling to eat more veggies. Chicken salad has been a favorite this week, I’ve had it for lunch or dinner every day. I can’t live without cold OJ with breakfast. 
  • Options
    Breakfast foods (especially McDonalds bacon egg and cheese biscuits and Chik Fil A chicken minis), Lucky Charms, rainbow sherbert, and cranberry juice mixed with ginger ale. 
    Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • Options
    @thirdtimesacharm2019 - RED GATORADE IS LIFE. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @kellyrn9956 Yes. I love McDonald's biscuit with egg and cheese (I don't eat meat). I had one for lunch today. Idk why it is the only form of eggs I can eat...

Also, I will take all the fruit I can get. And also lemonade or limeade. 
  • Options
    @heml chicken salad sounds good!
  • Options
    Bread. Goldfish crackers. Fruit. French fries.  Really, really well balanced diet. 
    @peachy0709 this ^^^ was my diet last week, until we ran out of gold fish  :(

this week it has been cereal, bread and baked potatoes. with some fruit thrown in .  

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Options
    @Avrilmai - ooooh a baked potato could be a good change of pace for me....

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @peachy0709 the "potato" button on my microwave has become my best friend. hot "baked" potato in about 5-7 minutes. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Options
    suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited February 2019
    I made a kale salad with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and a few squeezes of orange. So yummy!

Edit oops forgot to say there are diced things in it. Cucumbers, almonds, and tomatoes. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    As many breads as I can fit, the occasional apple, and pretty much any potato without dairy. 

Not the healthiest rotation, but it's staying down. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    Kraft macaroni and cheese, and a lot of apples.
  • Options
    @law_and_little1, I found kraft Mac and cheese at the expat store and made it yesterday. It tasted soooo good. 

• Options
    @AKuzReve It's really something else!!
  • Options
    Im not sure why but I am in this weird place where I don't have much of a dinner appetite but I force myself to eat at least a little. But in the morning I am famished. I get up just to inhale a banana.  I wish it was more balanced.  
  • Options
    @agpandme I was that way all last week. One night it took me until 8pm to be hungry enough for half a bagel, but the rest of the day my appetite was normal. For me it passed after a week or so and now I have a pretty normal appetite and ability to eat.
  • Options
    I'm craving beef like no tomorrow! I'm assuming it's the rapid increase in blood volume making me crave iron, so I'm going with it. Also still loving potatoes. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    I really like pickles. And today I’m really wanting sausage. ?? So weird! I survived on Mac and cheese but I think I’m sick of it now. Also really enjoy Lucky Charms. Wish I craved something more healthy but oh well!!