1st Birthday party suggestions — The Bump
Babies: 9 - 12 Months

1st Birthday party suggestions

My son will be turning one next month. Yes, I know I still have time but I am already thinking ahead. I want to know if anybody had any suggestions of where I can hold the party in the Hamilton area. I am up for any ideas that I could possibly look into restaurants, halls, kids places, etc. I don't really want any place like Chucky Cheese. I am planning to arrange a grand party. I am expecting around 50 guests. I also need to finalize the design of invitation card given by custom signage. They have provided with many designs and it's very confusing and very hard to select one. Can anyone suggest what type of design should I choose? And also if anyone has any ideas that worked well, I would appreciate the suggestions.

Re: 1st Birthday party suggestions

• My son will be turning one next month. Yes, I know I still have time but I am already thinking ahead. I want to know if anybody had any suggestions of where I can hold the party in the Hamilton area. I am up for any ideas that I could possibly look into restaurants, halls, kids places, etc. I don't really want any place like Chucky Cheese. I am planning to arrange a grand party. I am expecting around 50 guests. I also need to finalize the design of invitation card given by custom signage. They have provided with many designs and it's very confusing and very hard to select one. Can anyone suggest what type of design should I choose? And also if anyone has any ideas that worked well, I would appreciate the suggestions.
    I will be blunt: a 1 year old isnt going to remember or appreciate a birthday party.....your "grand party" is not for the kiddo, but for the parents. They have no clue what is going on, dont open their own presents and get cranky.

Each to their own.  Parties on a small scale are awesome and once the child can appreciate and understand what is going on - then it's time to splurge a bit. 

Choose an invite design you like, does it really matter? No, because people will look at it, get the info and it will be trashed. Chose what you want.