September 2019 Moms
Options

Introduce Yourself

First time mom from Wisconsin. Celebrated 1 year of marriage with my husband in September, started trying at the end of October and got pregnant at the end of November! Been a whirlwind so far. Since we were trying, I took a few tests before my missed period but wasn't too upset when they were negative. But then I missed my period and was still getting negative tests...for 18 days!! I have very regular, but very long cycles (41 days) so it threw off everything they tell you about dating and guessing your ovulation date. It made for a very weird 18 days, but I was comforted hearing at least a few other stories of women who had the same experience. When we did end up going in for our ultrasound, it made sense because they only dated me at 6 weeks and 5 days, which meant that when I was taking tests, I was about 3-4 weeks pregnant. Now we are just waiting on things to move along, very anxious to start doing things but afraid of doing too much. I'm sure we aren't the only ones. We have our second check up next week. Husband's parents already know, telling my parents this weekend!! Not much for symptoms other than just constant nausea. Ginger ale is my best friend. Found an aversion to the smell and taste of eggs, which is all my husband eats unfortunately, so I'm obsessively spraying Febreze in the kitchen multiple times a day. My husband is overjoyed and terrified at the same time, he has so many questions and doesn't know what to ask first. Happy to be reading some of these stories and seeing other women with situations and stories like mine. Congratulations everyone!

Re: Introduce Yourself

• Options
    dolewhipperdolewhipper member
    edited January 2019
    Welcome @bbaatz ! Please make sure you are commenting in the already created threads and not creating a new one. Long cycles suck, I'm glad you didn't have to wait very long while trying!
  • Options
    @bbaatz welcome! Navigating the layout of the board can be a little tricky at first. When you're responding to a particular thread, scroll to the bottom of all of the comments where it says "Leave a Reply" in Tiffany blue, and then type your comment into the box. If you click the pink box at the top that says "New Discussion," it starts a completely separate thread on the board.

Congrats on your pregnancy!