1st prenantal visit at 7 weeks, I'm 36 yrs old, and have had several miscarrages. — The Bump
1st Trimester

1st prenantal visit at 7 weeks, I'm 36 yrs old, and have had several miscarrages.

I'm nervous and excited. I hope there is a heart beat. I am 7 weeks pregnant today and have had 7 miscarrages prior to this pregnancy and only one full term pregnancy. That was 17 years ago and I am 36 years old now! Is anyone else going through this?

Re: 1st prenantal visit at 7 weeks, I'm 36 yrs old, and have had several miscarrages.

• harpseal135harpseal135 member
    500 Comments 250 Love Its 5 Answers First Anniversary
    edited January 28
    I'm nervous and excited. I hope there is a heart beat. I am 7 weeks pregnant today and have had 7 miscarrages prior to this pregnancy and only one full term pregnancy. That was 17 years ago and I am 36 years old now! Is anyone else going through this?

Good luck with everything
  • Do you have an ultrasound scheduled?  It is unlikely that they'll try to hear a HB with a doppler at 7 weeks, as it is typically difficult to get a reading prior to 12 weeks or so.  But if you have a scan scheduled you should be able to see a heart beat.

Have they not had you come in for beta draws?  That is usually the standard of care if you've had multiple pregnancy losses.
    Me: 36 DH: 36
    Married 5-31-14
    DD1 born 6-21-15
    DD2 born 6-11-17
    DS born 9-5-18

wabash15sorarose