August 2019 Moms
Options

HG Club of Sickness

HG sucks. I’m starting to have some good days but still sick all the time. 

Things that helped me:
frozen fruit (sucking on it once it thaws slightly), quadrupling the folic acid dose (at the rec of my doctor).

Things that haven’t helped:
Diclegis (I have no idea? I keep taking it and I’m still puking constantly), Zofran (couldn’t take until recently and then I was so constipated from it that it made me feel nauseous from not being able to poop), all the usual morning sickness advice. 

Re: HG Club of Sickness

• Options
    I commend you for trying to keep this check in going despite how you feel. It’s great to hear you’re starting to experience some good days although not many. I hope the good days grow. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    I was hoping going into the second semester I would be done with the nausea and vomiting. Hope I am not sick the entire pregnancy. My doctor isn’t going to be amused if I have lost even more weight at my next appt. I have been taking zofran and sucking on the pregnancy pops (vitamin b6 candy) and sometimes it helps and other times not. @lilmamabebe3 I know some of what your feeling like though not sure if mine is HG qualified or not.. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well, I've had a really terrible week. 11 weeks now, please God let me be close to the light at the end of the nausea tunnel. We've been to the ER twice for fluids, the home health nurse started & I threw up 22 times yesterday due to a med change. Today I am IV free and keeping food down now that I'm back on all meds. Praying this gets better soon. I look and feel like crap and am spending the day in bed. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    Having a much better few days now that I've recovered from what we have dubbed "hell week". 

I'm a very goal oriented person, so I've set up a bit of a game plan and some goals now that I'm feeling more clear headed. 

1. Focus on hydration. I'm tracking my water intake and aiming for 90 ounces of water, decaf tea, or Gatorade depending on what I can tolerate through the day. 

2. Eating small easy to digest meals at minimum every 2 hours. Never let my stomach be fully empty even if it's just a single club cracker.

These two things are helping me keep my ketones at 0 which means I do NOT have to go back to the hospital for IV hell. 

My question for you other HG ladies - how long did your HG last, and was it any different in subsequent pregnancies? 

My first pregnancy I was sick from week 6-22. After that I felt great and was able to eat and do normal pregnancy activities. I still had occasional nausea/vomiting but was able to come off all meds except diclegis. I'm just wondering if I should expect roughly the same this time?
  • Options
    @WinchesterGirl my first was the entire pregnancy. I barely looked pregnant and lost so much weight. I could only eat at dinner time and would have outback steakhouse every night--filet, baked sweet potato, and asparagus with a brownie sundae for dessert. I still lost weight because of how sick I was.

With my second, it lasted into 18/20 weeks and then I didn't take any meds.

With this third one, I am starting to feel better but I think it's because of my meds and not because I feel better. Nights get really rough for me until I can take my meds again. I take diclegis at night with four folic acid pills. I skip the prenatal because I am up all night puking if I take it, so my dr upped my folic acid and pulled the prenatal. It's about doing the best you can in the moment.I think once I get closer to 16/18 weeks I will see if coming off the diclegis is okay. Once I pass that, I will try the prenatal again. 

I have been drinking pickle juice which helps with my lightheadedness and the horrible taste in my mouth. Lots of black tea (unsweeted, decaf if I can find it), and as much protein as I can stand. Carbs and sugar make things so much worse so no pasta, crackers, etc. It is hard but I keep trying to remind myself that it passes and it'll be okay. But it suuuuuucks.
  • Options
    I am glad you're finding what works for you @lilmamabebe3! It is hard to work out a routine that helps. There are so many variables you just have to find one thing and build on it. 

For me so far it's been hydration, and meds on a schedule (even overnight, I have alarms set). Plus easy foods very frequently and light dinners. 
  • Options
    I I spoke too soon. I had a good bunch of days where I was managing well and working all day. Now I am back to the worst. This is so unfair. I hate complaining because I’m so happy and grateful to be pregnant but omg this is so hard. I just cry all the time because I’m exhausted and can’t eat and can’t drink anything and I’m so thirsty and all I do is vomit and dry heave all the time. This sucks. 
  • Options
    I'm so sorry @lilmamabebe3. It is ok to admit that HG sucks, even if you're glad to be pregnant.  Hang in there and try to rest! 
  • Options
    Yea @lilmamabebe3 I don't think any woman in your position would be able to be all glowy and tra la laaaing. OMG how do you go to work? My ass would be laid up ringing a little bell for service. It seems so unfair and I'm so sorry that you got the shit end of the pregnancy stick. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    Thank you. I don’t know how I’m working. Usually from home but I’m in the office sometimes and it’s miserable. My boss has been understanding but I have a catty coworker that purposely leaves me out of conversations and important updates and it’s so frustrating to deal with on top of being sick and managing my job in general. 

I find that if I stay on top of my folic acid and dickegis I can survive the day. One night I took three folic acid instead of four, because I ran out of tea, and I was sick for four days. It could be completely coincidental but I feel like it actually works.