September 2019 Moms

Vanishing Twin

Hello Momma's!
Has anyone ever experienced vanishing twin syndrome with one twin. I went for early ultrasound and that was revealed. Baby A with viable 164bmp HB was measuring 7wk 3d. baby B was measuring 7wk without HB. Never expected this at the ultrasound and still processing. Share your experiences and positive thoughts for Baby A. Sounds like it is very likely Baby A will have a perfect pregnancy!

Re: Vanishing Twin

• I am so sorry to hear that! I haven’t experienced that but ever sounds so awful. I’m so sorry!
  • I have not experienced this personally but have heard of others who have and it is quite common. Before early ultrasounds, it is belived many people didn’t even know that they had twins, they always know only of the one. Now with early and better technology, it is a double edge sword. The ones I know of have all turned out fine so here is wishes to you that yours will be smooth and no further worries!!! 
    Me: 30   DH:31 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    9/2016-transferred two donor embies
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
    BabyGaga BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I think I might have had a vanishing twin? I'm not sure if this is the same thing: My Mom told me once that when I was born, they found remnants of an extra placenta, and the doc was like, "ah, this one absorbed her twin"--but yeah that was back when they didn't have the technology to know beforehand that there was twins in there. And I'm totally fine.