July 2019 Moms

Group 2 Check-In, W/O Jan 21st (July 9th-July 16th)

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out):

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

GTKY: Are you a night owl or an early bird? 
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Group 2 Check-In, W/O Jan 21st (July 9th-July 16th)

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  July 10th/15+5

Baby is the size of a(n): pear?

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): finding out!!! The wait is killing me! 

Upcoming Appointments: next appt it Feb 6th I believe  

How are you feeling?: I'm still feeling like poo. Still super tired, random puking, and just blah.

Rants/Raves: I'm getting over a cold and this freaking cough is the worst. I'm coughing so hard at times that I'm puking and peeing. So ready to be done with that crap. 

Questions: Na. 

GTKY: Are you a night owl or an early bird? Definitely a night owl!
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 13th/ 15+2

Baby is the size of a(n): Orange 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Team Green! Had a moment last week where I wanted to change my mind, but going to keep strong! 

Upcoming Appointments: in a week, on the 28th

How are you feeling?: pretty well overall. Nausea and puking hit me yesterday after nothing for two weeks, but hoping that is just a fluke 

Rants/Raves:  our weekend was packed full of stuff so it feels like we didn’t even have an actual weekend which stinks! 

Questions: nope 

GTKY: Are you a night owl or an early bird? Before kids, night owl! Now an early bird, not always by choice haha! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/15, 15w

Baby is the size of a(n): maple leaf

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): finding out 

Upcoming Appointments: today was a prenatal checkup. Next appointment is mid February 

How are you feeling?: Fine. Tonight I've been all weepy reading a pregnancy book.

Rants/Raves:  none

Questions: not right now

GTKY: Are you a night owl or an early bird? I love my sleep. I go to bed as soon as I can without being rude and sleep as late as possible. Someday are better than others. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 15. 15w 1d

Baby is the size of a(n): orange 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): finding out today hopefully! 

Upcoming Appointments: today for the elective ultrasound and feb 15 for the anatomy scan 

How are you feeling?: better. Just tired still. 

Rants/Raves: just hoping my sick kids get better soon. I hate seeing them so miserable. 

Questions: 

GTKY: Are you a night owl or an early bird? Neither. I don’t like staying up late and I don’t like getting up early. I want to be in bed early but can’t go to sleep for a long time though. Lol 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 9th / 16+0

Baby is the size of a(n): Wait for it... a Philippine tarsier - google a picture, you won't be disappointed!  :D  (Side note, I'm loving my "weird but cute animals" category to describe baby's size!)

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): We find out on February 12th, but are then keeping it a secret. I'll probably tell yall, anonymous internet friends though! Has anyone else done this? It's my husband's idea and he feels really strongly about it. I don't really care to keep it a secret, but am not strongly against the idea either, so I decided to defer to him on this one!

Upcoming Appointments: 2/12 - anatomy ultrasound and monthly checkup

How are you feeling?: So much better - really grateful to be seemingly over the worst of my nausea, etc. Still not super hungry/can't eat a lot/have some aversions, but still the improvement is amazing!

Rants/Raves:  Making my baby registry is overwhelming! I feel greedy registering for so much stuff, but then I also figure, why not ask? The worst that happens is I buy the leftover stuff off the registry myself and get the completion discount! Right?

Questions: No - but for the rest of you guys... I don't know that I've mentioned it in our Group 2 chats, but I'm a nurse anesthetist, meaning that part of my job is placing/managing labor epidurals. So if anyone has any questions about the medical side of that (I've never been on the receiving end so can't help there...), I'm your girl!

GTKY: Are you a night owl or an early bird? 100% night owl. Unfortunately, my job requires me to be up and at work in the 6am hour, so I'm always in conflict with my nature! 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 15 weeks 4 days

Baby is the size of a(n): Navel Orange

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Finding out

Upcoming Appointments: Feb 11 (my birthday!)

How are you feeling?: Great

Rants/Raves: The temps haven't gotten out of the teens the last two days and the wind is brutal😨

Questions: Just wondering when I will actually need maternity clothes. I feel like it was earlier than this with my first two, but maybe I forget!

GTKY: Are you a night owl or an early bird? More of an early bird. I love mornings!
  • edited January 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  July 10th/15 weeks 6 days

Baby is the size of a(n): Avocado

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Can't wait to find out!

Upcoming Appointments: 16 week on 1/24

How are you feeling?: Ok, some aches and pains. I think it is round ligament pain.

Rants/Raves:  Pregnancy has made my nasal allergies so much worse!

Questions: Is it normal that I have only gained 2 pounds? Started at 175 now 177. Will be 16 weeks tomorrow.

GTKY: Are you a night owl or an early bird? Night Owl, trying to become an early bird.
  • @expectinginseattle yes perfectly normal! With my first 3 pregnancies I lost weight in 1st tri and didn't start gaining until after 20wks.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/16, 15+0

Baby is the size of a(n): Magic 8 Ball

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out):Pink

Upcoming Appointments: Check up on 1/30 and then anatomy scan on 2/19

How are you feeling?: Overall a lot better. But I am still having some nausea at night and the exhaustion hasn't let up all the way.

Rants/Raves:  SO glad I bit the bullet and bought a pregnancy pillow. I thought they seemed kind of silly but I have been sleeping so much better and I've had fewer aches and pains since I got it.

Questions: When did you/are you planning on announcing on social media? I think DH and I decided we want to wait until 16 weeks but I feel like there's a really wide range of when people decide to do it.

GTKY: Are you a night owl or an early bird? Definitely a night owl (mostly because I am NOT an early bird). Early mornings are rough for me and it's one of the things I'm most worried about becoming a parent.

• @expectinginseattle Totally normal - for the longest time I had only lost weight (5 or 6 lbs), and now I'm back to where I started at 15 weeks. But honestly, weight fluctuates quite a bit anyway.  As long as it starts trending up over long term I wouldn't worry.

@msimi +1 with the pregnancy pillow!  I love that thing!  As far as social media, I don't know if I'll "announce" at all. If I did I would probably wait until 20 weeks or so.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/16, 15w

Baby is the size of a(n): Orange

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Finding out.....getting impatient!!!!

Upcoming Appointments: 2/4

How are you feeling?: Better. In fact, not feeling super pregnant anymore which is making me a bit anxious lol. Still congested, though.

Rants/Raves: Work has been slow lately, we got 2 feet of snow this weekend, and I just want to hibernate until May.   

Questions: Nope.

GTKY: Are you a night owl or an early bird? Was a night owl, but I've transitioned to early bird, mostly due to my asshole dogs who wake me up at 5am every day :s

• msimi said:

Questions: When did you/are you planning on announcing on social media? I think DH and I decided we want to wait until 16 weeks but I feel like there's a really wide range of when people decide to do it.

GTKY: Are you a night owl or an early bird? Definitely a night owl (mostly because I am NOT an early bird). Early mornings are rough for me and it's one of the things I'm most worried about becoming a parent.

Me too @msimi ! I'm really concerned about my grouchiness in the mornings. My husband keeps reminding me that I'm going to have to be nicer to the baby in the mornings than I am to him, which mostly just serves to make me feel bad and me want to be even less nice to him  :D

I also haven't quite figured out the whole social media announcement thing. I think I want to do it, but I haven't decided when or exactly what to do... 
  • edited January 2019
    @msimi I think we will wait to announce on social media until after the 20 week scan. I'm itching to announce it sooner though!
  • @quinniebear I was scrolling and thought it said you were team orange. It took me a minute to realize that was size and not team. :) 
  • @wineandcoffee +1 to thinking @quinniebear was team orange! I had to stop and think about that for a second!

@msimi we aren't announcing anywhere. We've told those who we are close to and figure everyone else will learn through the grapevine.

@expectinginseattle I am the same weight now, as I was when I got KU. Admittedly, I gained 10 pounds and then have gone back up.
  • @msimi we announced in social media around 11wks. It was after our second good appt.

There's no right or wrong answer. I have friends that have announced as soon as they got their positive, friends that announced after they delivered, and everywhere in between. Do whatever you are comfortable with. 

We announced with a picture of my boys holding the ultrasound pics. Nothing elaborate or clever.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • So I do have a question.....is anyone dying their hair??? I need highlights so bad. I know it's supposed to be fine but not quite sure if I want to go for it yet. 
  • @quinniebear I have an appointment next Friday for a cut and color touch up. I also had color done back in November when i was 5-6 weeks
  • I’ve been horrible with keeping up with this board for the last month or so - some serious hyperemesis left me couch bound :( 
    I’m feeling better now, finally, and have enjoyed catching up on your responses! 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: changed to July 12th | 16 weeks exactly 

Baby is the size of a(n): CD today! 💿 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): still waiting to find out, the suspense! 

Upcoming Appointments: have a reg appt on Friday, and will schedule 20 week scan then

How are you feeling?: finally not so sick! Zofran is a god-send and my energy is finally picking up. 

Rants/Raves: I miss being pregnant with my first and not having to chase after a toddler when I’m feeling like death :( 

Questions: I skipped genetic testing this go around, has anyone else done the same? 

GTKY: Are you a night owl or an early bird?
    I’m very much a night owl 🦉 I love my alone time at night after everyone’s in bed.

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16
    <3 BB Girl Expected 7-10-19 

• @quinniebear I am. My OB said as long as my salon is well-ventilated and there's no bleach/REALLY bad chemicals involved, it's okay.
    My salon is super-airy with like double-height/two-story ceilings, and I'd never touch bleach, so I figure I'm okay.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @mamahmh2 glad to hear you’re feeling a bit better! Being pregnant and chasing a toddler is so exhausting! I never realized how much I would miss my first pregnancy lol

We skipped the genetic testing with our previous two pregnancies, and this one as well. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/12; 15w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): apple

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Green. I wavered a little this week, but I think I can hold strong.

Upcoming Appointments: 2/13 for anatomy scan? I think? It's at my normal OB, and I thought those were at MFM, but she said something about doing it.

How are you feeling?: Still really effing tired, but not sleep tired. Also still nauseous in the evenings and not eating after 4:30 p.m. or so if I can help it because that seems to trigger puking.

Rants/Raves: I'm just waiting for the 2nd tri energy spike everyone talks about. I need to clear out some stuff and we need to shuffle furniture, but I just don't have the energy right now...

Questions: 

GTKY: Are you a night owl or an early bird? Early-ish. My dogs like to get me up at 6:30 or so, but since I got KU, I try to let them out and then get them back to bed for awhile.
  • @quinniebear I got mine done last week. My doctor said it was totally fine but I waited until I was out of the first trimester just to be extra safe.The main risk is ventilation related and I know tons of hairdressers that worked throughout their whole pregnancy so that made me feel better.
  • Est due date: July 13

Baby is the size of a(n): orange!

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Just scheduled anatomy scan Feb 19- excited to find out!

Upcoming Appointments: feb 19

How are you feeling?: Great. Food looks/sounds good again and getting enough energy back to get back to running a bit.

Rants/Raves:  cant think of anything

Questions: 

GTKY: Are you a night owl or an early bird? I Just like to sleep.. whenever 😊  
  • Est due date: July 10th

Baby is the size of a(n): an avocado

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): finding out

Upcoming Appointments: next week, jan 30th

How are you feeling?: like blah and tired. Mainly from babysitting

Rants/Raves:  nothing new yet

Questions: none

GTKY: Are you a night owl or an early bird? kind of a night owl. I'm tired at night but just stay for some alone time.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 16+1 July 9

Baby is the size of a(n): avocado? I've lost track 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Green! Holding strong I think. 

Upcoming Appointments: Feb 13 will be both anatomy US and my first group appointment 

How are you feeling?: pretty good. tired by the afternoon but overall much better. to the point it was an especially big relief to hear baby's heartbeat yesterday. 

Rants/Raves:  The effing Bump app.  Is anyone else having problems? It has me logged in but won't let me participate on the boards and doesn't have the little yellow new responses thing. It's super irritating the the reason I've fallen so behind here. :/ 

Questions: Any one having varicose veins yet? Mine got pretty bad last time and so I"m not shocked that it's going to be a thing again, but damn they're lame. :( 

GTKY: Are you a night owl or an early bird? Early bird for sure. 

On the social media front, I'm toying with the idea of not announcing? Or maybe at like 9 months? Announce from the hospital check in? idk.... 
  • @erynpdx I'm struggling with when to mass-social media announce, too. We told important people (both personal and at DH's work) and aren't denying it if someone asks (especially as it's getting harder to hide), but IDK about social media. I don't want to announce until at least after the anatomy screen, and possibly after, but I also know if I want to invite people who aren't super-close but are still friends to a shower, I have to, you know, tell them. Trying to find a balance...
  • @erynpdx, I've seen messages that if you're having problems with the app to log out and then log back in. Or maybe it was uninstalling the app? I don't remember. I tried to see if I could get the message again and didn't.
  • @nolemomma14 thank you!!! I never thought I would either but holy moly!
    maybe it’s because it’s not my first, but I’m a lot more relaxed with skipping it than I anticipated. Whatever happens, happens. We will make the best of it :) 

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16
    <3 BB Girl Expected 7-10-19 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 11. 15w 4d

Baby is the size of a(n): orange 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): The anticipation is killing me, finding out ASAP

Upcoming Appointments: Jan 30th, next ultrasound

How are you feeling?: Dare I say...better? Still very tired, look like I've aged 15 years overnight, headaches are a new constant, but the unrelenting nausea has improved. 

Rants/Raves: Still displaced from our apartment fire, that is taking its toll on me and my husband and not helping give me a stress free pregnancy! Raves...I'm not good at finding raves right now.  

Questions: None

GTKY: Are you a night owl or an early bird? Night. Owl. But pregnancy has made me change my ways.