Options

Group 4 Check In (Aug 24-31) - W/O 01/20

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: what is the last book you read and what has been your favourite book to read? 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

Re: Group 4 Check In (Aug 24-31) - W/O 01/20

• Options
    8/24. 9+1

Baby is the size of a(n):
    Canape

Upcoming Appointments:
    Not until February

How are you feeling?:
    Mostly good, still exhausted, and crying at the drop of a hat.

Rants/Raves: 
    My sons keep insisting on waking up at 5/5:30ish, and even when I get them to nap they are ready to fall apart by bedtime. If you don't want to be so miserable just sleep later.
    But they are getting to the stage where they'll play nicely together for minutes at a time, so that's nice.

Questions:
    Any one else craving runny sunny side ups? I miss sushi and wine, but for me the hardest thing to give up when pregnant is my runny yolks.

GTKY: what is the last book you read and what has been your favourite book to read? 
    The last book I read was Version Control by Dexter Palmer. It was really freaky, but really good.
    Picking a favrite is hard. Probably something by Tamora Pierce or Patricia Briggs.
  • Options
    @mrosek91 The thought of runny eggs makes me 🤢. I miss the taste of wine - I wish the non alcoholic version had the same taste!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/31, 8+1

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry!

Upcoming Appointments: NT scan 2/15

How are you feeling?: Still pretty good, very fortunate.

Rants/Raves: We are sharing the news with H’s parents this week, then extended family and close friends! Will wait until 14ish weeks for social media. I’m both nervous and excited for more people to know. I’ve been avoiding conversations or making plans with my friends for weeks now!

Questions: Have you shared the news with people beyond immediate family yet? Boss at work?

GTKY: what is the last book you read and what has been your favourite book to read? Currently reading Every Breath by Nicholas Sparks. My favorite book by him is The Guardian, one of the few that wasn’t turned into a movie. Harry Potter series is also an all time fave. I want to read Michelle Obama’s book Becoming soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/28 EDD

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry/Grape

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow I go for bloodwork ordered by my OB to prepare for my first appointment with him, and Tuesday we go for our second ultrasound appointment with our RE. OB appointment isn't until February!

How are you feeling?: Exhausted! I can't seem to get enough sleep. Nausea and dry heaves come and go, and typically come around 2pm until late in the night. Emotional.

Rants/Raves: I am SOOooo over the PIO injections and estrogen supplements. Praying I get the all clear to begin to wean off on Tuesday when we are at the RE office.

Questions: None!

GTKY: what is the last book you read and what has been your favourite book to read? It's been a while since I've read a book - I can't remember which was the last! Horrible of me, considering I'm a teacher! haha (I teach middle school math... I read a lot of books to help get ideas for teaching, but I won't count those!) My favorites were the Hunger Games Series or Harry Potter - loved both series.

@dogmomma096 We've told our parents, close friends, and I've told my work. Since we did IVF, I didn't have much of a choice not to tell work because of all the early morning doctor's appointments. Also, our families knew we were doing IVF, so of course they'd check in on us. I plan to post on social media after our next ultrasound, after we get confirmation all is continuing to go well!

@mrosek91 haha! No runny eggs for me!!! That would be on my avoid at all costs, and could make me sick list. I'm craving ice cream, fruit, sour lemonade, and potatoes!

• Options
    @mrosek91 I missed runny eggs a lot with DS. I think I'll miss them once I feel a little better! 

@dogmomma096 I've only told one of my best friends, otherwise no one knows except DH and myself. We will probably tell my parents this weekend when they come visit and then my inlaws when we go visit them in a couple weeks. I'll probably tell our board chair in February.

@telda715 I hope you RE gives you the green light to start weaning off the meds!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/30

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry

Upcoming Appointments: dating US this Wednesday. Looking forward to finally getting a peek. My pregnancy with DS I had some issues early on so I feel like we saw him a ton. I'm thankful for no issues so far, but ready for an US. 

How are you feeling?: Meh. Nauseated and tired. I feel like I am functioning at like 50% and I feel guilty about slacking at home, work and parenting. 

Rants/Raves: I had a dream that they found twins at my US. I know we'd figure it out, but the prospect of twins with already having an almost two year old is reallly overwhelming. To put it mildly. 

Questions: nope. 

GTKY: what is the last book you read and what has been your favourite book to read? I'm reading I am Lucy Barton by Elizabeth Strout and I am really enjoying it. I have a lot of favorites but I think Franny and Zooey by Salinger is my all time favorite, maybe more for sentimental reasons now. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days : 8/29 / 8 wks 4 days
    Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry

Upcoming Appointments:
    This week is my first appointment and ultrasound in one! So excited it is finally here! 

How are you feeling?: looking forward to letting my family know this week after the appointment!

Rants/Raves: 
    Hmmm.... my dh shows interest in baby, but not in books or reading or anything like that. I hope this week with the appointment helps him to feel more involved and interested.
    My last pregnancy I was alone, so I don’t know what to expect of dh. Any suggestions? 

Questions:👆

GTKY: what is the last book you read and what has been your favourite book to read? I am currently reading Betsy Bosom’s Baby Book.
  • Options
    @MarchGal, I bought my H a pregnancy for dads book and asked him to read it. It’s the least he can do since I am going through being pregnant and giving birth. He has been and I am so glad. But now he also asks me the most random questions because his book says this should be happening. 😂😂

@Amdogger82, I also Have twin fear even though we had an u/s and there was only one baby. 🤦🏽‍♀️

@telda715, good luck at your appointment! 

@mrosek91, haha no runny eggs here either. Food is still precarious, especially with stuff like that. I also luckily don’t miss alcohol (yet) since my last drinking night before finding out I was pregnant was an insane one and I was turned off alcohol. 

@dogmomma096, I’ve been sharing a bit with some people. My bff knows. One of our friend couples know from home. Our friends we spent NYE know since I wasn’t drinking. 3 of my classmates know. I had to tell my roommate in China since I was so sick haha and then told my friend I travelled with yesterday and one of my closest friends in the program. I just tell them that it’s super early. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Aug 27 / 8w 6d

Baby is the size of a(n): jelly bean! 

Upcoming Appointments: Jan 31. It’s our big one. I am nervous and excited. Also can’t wait to see the little bean again. I hope everything is ok in there. 

How are you feeling?: sooooo much better that I could cry. Still very exhausted (and jet lagged on top of it) but otherwise feeling really decent. 

Rants/Raves: My in laws so generously offered to pay our midwife package, which costs €750 and we couldn’t be happier. I can’t wait to know everything is ok with the bean so I can tell my cousins that I am pregnant. I am sooo excited to tell them. 

Questions: 

I just read Becoming by Michelle Obama and it was so good. I really enjoyed it and she is such an inspiration. I want to raise my kids the way she has raised hers. 

My favourite books are of course Harry Potter series. I used to read sooo much but with life I fell off. I hope to get back into it once my mba is finished. 

• Options
    I'm jumping in so late this week, it seems!

@mrosek91 I'm sorry your sleep schedule is being thrown off! Forgive me if you have already mentioned this in a previous week - are your sons twins? 

@dogmomma096 I second your feeling on runny eggs. Used to love them, but now... no thanks. GL telling your families! Such an exciting time! Is this going to be the first grandchild for either side? 

@telda715 Did you get the all clear to start easing off of some of your meds? I have heard the PIO shots are horrible :/ I'm just on progesterone suppositories and those are bad enough! Also, I love your cravings list and am having so many of those same ones! Also add snow cones (incredibly inconvenient this time of year) and grilled cheese sandwiches. As far as the nausea, mine was hitting at early morning hours like that, too! Just started calming down this week. I hope yours does, too!

@Amdogger82 So excited for you to have your first US! Also impressed by your ability to wait this long! 

@MarchGal Hooray for your first appointment! Have you been able to keep it a total secret thus far?! I'm so impressed lol. We planned to wait until after our next appointment to tell family, but both of us just couldn't hold it in haha. As far as what to expect of DH - what do you mean? In terms of support?

@AKuzReve Are you just so glad to be home? Also, that is so wonderful of your in-laws! You were already planning on using a midwife, correct? 

August 29 / 8+5

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry

Upcoming Appointments: US and appointment with our RE on Thursday afternoon. We're supposed to decide if we're staying with him (he also practices as a regular OB. Small towns, I guess! Anyway, I'm still not sure what we'll do. We're so comfortable with him and trust him completely, but I fear becoming just a "normal" pregnancy patient, which I know is ridiculous. I've just heard much better things about him as an RE than an OB.

How are you feeling?: Pretty good! The nausea is slowing down a bit, mainly just tired.

Rants/Raves: Typical MIL stuff. She swears the baby is a boy (she likes boys better), so for that reason alone, I'm hoping it's a girl, lol.

Questions: TMI, but is anyone else miserably constipated?

GTKY: what is the last book you read and what has been your favourite book to read? I just read "Belly Laughs" by Jenny McCarthy and it is hilarious. Strongly recommend to any pregnant woman! "I'll Have What She's Having" is one I loved and resonated with, especially when we were TTC.
  • Options
    @oklahomak - I'm alternating being constipated and ... not.... so yeah, not awesome. 

@Amdogger82 - let me know how My Name is Lucy Barton is, I LOVED Olive Kitteridge. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8w + 3d.  I also just realized I wrote 7w in another thread, soooooo...... doing great y'all. 

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry! 

Upcoming Appointments: 1/29, next week! 

How are you feeling?: Awful. But I always do, so I'm trying to remain positive.  Currently drinking lemonade and eating blueberry bread, which sounds pretty pleasant if I do say so myself. 

Rants/Raves: I spent all day Sunday feeling awful. My lower back keeps popping when I stand up and it's quite disturbing. 

Questions: anyone got any tricks to share for the morning sickness?  And oh my god if one more man gives me a suggestion..... ("Drink 8 ounces of lemon water immediately upon waking." Okay, dude, I will literally vomit if I do that, but thanks.)  

GTKY: what is the last book you read and what has been your favourite book to read?: Last book I read was "Small Animals" by Kim Brooks.  It was interesting and insightful regarding parenting in our fear-based culture, but will likely not change my helicoptery tendencies.  As far as favorite, I'm absolutely suffering from recency error, but I loved "Little Fires Everywhere" by Celeste Ng.  I'm having a hard time thinking of other books but I try to read at least 12 books a year! My next book is going to be "Beartown"  by Fredrik Backman. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    @oklahomak This is the first grandchild for my parents (we told them at Christmas - they’re thrilled!) and the first biological grandchild for H’s parents. My FIL has step-daughters with kids that we treat just like they are his grandchildren and our niece and nephews. My SFIL (H’s mom’s husband) also has grandkids but is not very close with his daughter so doesn’t see them very often. I know everyone will be thrilled, just anxious for them to know!!
  • Options
    @oklahomak. No they are 19 months apart, but they share a room, when they started it was nice I would wake up and hear them entertaining each other, but now that the older one is in a bed he immediately comes to find me when he's awake, sometime just because, and sometimes to very helpfully tell me that DS2 is crying. (Their room is right next door.)
  • Options
    @Marchgal I was alone for my first pregnancy as well. It was almost easier knowing I was alone - I had no expectations of myself. Haha! My hubs has been a bit emotionless, but I think it’s hard for him because he is a bystander. He does light up at the ultrasounds. He is a very nurturing guy though, I know he is just processing it all his own way. It is a big adjustment, especially for first timers, as they think about the financial responsibility and all other changes that are coming. Hopefully your DH opens up soon! 

@oklahomak TMI doesn’t exists with pregnancy. 😀 I wouldn’t describe it as miserably constipated. For me, more like wonderfully constipated. Lol!! I have Crohn’s Disease, which goes into a remission when I am pregnant. I don’t like the constipation bloat, but I cannot say it makes me miserable. The glass is half full on this for me!! 

@peachy0709 Candy canes helped me during Christmas season. I now suck on Preggy Pop Drops or Jolly Ranchers. Hard candy, especially sour or mint, help take my mind off the nausea and eventually makes it subside. I also started making sure I ate whenever I can or am in the mood, small meals. Since I started snacking more I’ve felt better overall. Hopefully you find something that works for you sooner rather than later! 🤞🏼

AFM: We had our US today. We saw our little one kicking and rolling around! Rather feisty thing already. However, the bruising behind the placenta is still there. They are keeping me on pelvic rest. My ovaries are still huge (From IVF meds), but they want me to stop the estrogen which should reduce it. I’m getting switched to every other day progesterone injections until I go to OB in two weeks. Sounds like they will be keeping me in a high risk protocol, but seeing the kicks and squirming is reassuring. 
  • Options
    Sorry guys, super late to the party this week. Had lots going on...

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Aug. 24th / 9w + 4d

Baby is the size of a(n): tater tots

Upcoming Appointments: Jan. 31 with our nurse practitioner

How are you feeling?: Nauseous and a bit overwhelmed. 

Rants/Raves: So in case anyone missed my post in the ultrasound thread....I'm having twins. So @Amdogger82 your rant/rave became my reality this week (my kiddo is also almost 2). Mind blown. SO much to think about. BUT - everyone's reactions when we tell them have been priceless. 

Questions: How on earth am I going to survive this? (Totally rhetorical question, BTW). 

I love nothing more than a good book, but sadly I haven't been reading nearly as much since DD was born. I received Kate Morton's latest book, "The Clockmaker's Daughter" for Christmas, and I've been trying to get through it, but I can only read about half a chapter in bed at night before I pass the heck out. Favourite book ever? "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" by John Berendt. Like just about everyone else, I also loved the whole Harry Potter series!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @mrosek91 - Sorry, can't commiserate on missing runny eggs. The thought of runny eggs makes me nauseous even when I'm not pregnant! I'm with you on the wine....although I miss it less than I thought I would, probably because I'm so nauseous.

@dogmomma096 - We shared with immediate family right away, and several of my friends figured it out pretty quick since I wasn't drinking and kept showing up to stuff with crackers and Gatorade, lol. We waited to make sure our first ultrasound went well, and now we're starting to spread the news to extended family and the remainder of our close friends. DH told his boss the other day, since he's been showing up later in the morning so he can help me out by getting DD breakfast. 

@MarchGal - I had a hard time getting DH "into" our first pregnancy. Honestly, I just don't think it feels very real to them. It might help to take a childbirth class together in a couple months? I've worked in healthcare, so a lot of the info was old news to me (and probably would also be to you, if you've already given birth before!) but I think it helps the guys learn a lot.

@oklahomak - I was constipated, now I'm not. I'm sure I will be very miserably constipated by the end of this journey. 

@peachy0709 - I have DH bring me a bowl of applesauce and a glass of Gatorade to have before I get out of bed in the morning. Substitute my food choices for whatever sounds remotely appealing to you. It kinda helps. Being hungry makes the nausea 1000x worse. I also started wearing Sea-Bands this last week. Hard to tell if they help...but they don't hurt, and some people swear by them, so might be worth a shot if you haven't tried them yet!

@telda715 - congrats for a reassuring US! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @peachy0709 Does bowel function become more normal in the second trimester? This is my big question lol. What kind of normal person keeps fruit-infused water at their bedside at all times?! Ridiculous.

@dogmomma096 Aww, how exciting, for both families!!

@mrosek91 Well I hope you get some sleep soon! Maybe the new baby will tire them out and at least two out of three will be sleeping in!

@telda715 Oh, sweet woman. I do not envy that part of your life lol. Well, I'm glad you have some relief for now? 

@aecm What a crazy, huge surprise! Did you have any reason to suspect twins prior to the ultrasound? 
  • Options
    @oklahomak, I’m actually travelling again. I’m in South Africa but much happier. It’s sunny here, food is good, and I’m with my close classmates. Life is much better. Yes, we were using a midwife. The basic insurance here covers 2 ultrasounds: 1 at 10-12 weeks and 1 at 20 weeks. That’s it. My midwife centre offers additional packages so we’re doing the €750 one.

• Options
    @AKuzReve I'm so jealous of your travels! At least for the adventure, I'm sure this is an exhausting time to be on the move so much! Are you with a study abroad group, or research group? 

That's so nice that you'll get to use the additional package. I'd be itching to see my little one between weeks 20 and 40!
  • Options
    @oklahomak This first trimester has been a lot tougher my first trimester with DD...nausea started earlier (6wks vs 8wks) and has been more severe, I’ve been more tired, and dizzy (which never happened with DD). Kinda made me wonder if it was just a boy, or I figured “different pregnancy, different experience.” TBH, the possibility of twins did cross my mind. But I didn’t ACTUALLY think it was twins...until I saw them 😂. Now it all makes sense!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @peachy0709 I finished it on Monday--I really liked it and would recommend it!

@aecm Oh my goodness, wow! I was trying to be sensitive in my post to those who might be experiencing an unexpected twin pregnancy, so I hope I didn't offend or cause any additional stress!  It's crazy, I know of at least 3 families who have had twins with an older sibling three or younger...it has to be overwhelming, but they all seem to be doing pretty well. Sending you lots of encouragement!

@MarchGal My DH didn't really do much in the way of preparation for our first. He didn't read anything, but did come to my ultrasounds and to the hospital classes. He was excited, but I think since I was reading 5,001 books and telling him everything, he didn't feel the need to do anything on his own. 
  • Options
    @Amdogger82 I’m not offended at all! Your comment made me chuckle. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @oklahomak that'd be nice, but I'm not counting on it. When this baby (#3) comes my current youngest will be 20 months. DH and I know we want a large family, so our philosophy has basically been, let's have them as fast as we can because if we remember what it's like to get a good night's sleep we may chicken out.
  • Options
    @aecm, have you had an u/s before or was this the first one and it confirmed twins? So exciting and so crazy!! 

@oklahomak, exactly! I couldn’t go that long. I’d go insane. Our package now gives us u/s every 3-4 weeks plus some fun ones (3D and 4d) as well as yoga credits, massage credits, and some other cool stuff. China was a 2 week trip with school for a consulting project but only 6 of my classmates. This trip is a 1 week study trip to learn about doing business in Africa and is all my classmates including my close friends. It’s  much better to be with them in a sunny place vs. China. 

I realized this baby will have travelled to more places before it’s born than many people haha. 4 continents as I will have gone to China, South Africa, Portugal, UK, Canada, Germany, Luxembourg, and hopefully one other place by July. 

• Options
    @AKuzReve This ultrasound was the first one. They weren’t hiding either. Wand touched my belly and you could immediately see both of them, and the ultrasound tech confirmed it right away. 

Also - I’m incredibly impressed with that amount of travel while you’re pregnant! That’s amazing!
    BabyFetus Ticker