Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Thursday 1/17

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R:

CS/Q:

*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: WTO Thursday 1/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Month/Cycle: 3

CD: 2 

WAYDTGKU: pre-natals, opks when the time comes, tracking cm

R/R: I'm so tired, I slept so badly last night, probably mostly related to the wine I drank. I need to go get tea and then drink a ton of water to rebound. Nothing much else going on, just got a lot of work to do today and tomorrow. Potentially getting a storm this weekend so really not looking forward to that. 

CS/Q: nope

@kimmer1412 I have dishes in my sink almost daily, lol. I'm sorry you're feeling blah. 

@brookert615 I'm sorry you're so swamped with work right now. Great job on the weight loss even while AF is here!

edit to fix tag
  • Options
    @brookert615 wahoo for being down a pound with AF.  Work has been crazy for me too,  hopefully it gets better.

@creamcheeseplease I have sleep issues when I drink too which sucks because when I was young I could get wasted and pass out lol. Hopefully extra water will help. Blah to a weekend storm. 

On the bright side I have every intention  of treating myself to Thai for lunch. Yummy 
  • Options
    b_1029b_1029 member
    edited January 2019
    @creamcheeseplease that wasn’t me 🤣 but good morning! I’m with you on the sleeping badly due to wine. I only had one glass, crazy how much it disturbs your sleep! 
    @kimmer1412 sorry you’re feeling so frustrated...hopefully cycle 3 will be successful for you. 
    @brookert615 boo I’m sorry for CD 2 but am selfishly glad you’re here with me! Hopefully we follow each other right along to a BMB. Awesome job on the weight loss! Hope you have a very relaxing weekend after a stressful week. 

Month/Cycle: 15/16

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: opks, CM, EPO, SMEP

R/R: I’m waiting for an ultrasound right now and am so freaking uncomfortable. If they don’t register and take me back soon, I’m going to pee on this chair! Nothing better than starting your day getting poked with the dildo cam 🤣  rave- I took the whole day off work today so I can 1. Get this ultrasound and then my lashes done later and 2. Not be scrambling around trying to get ready to leave for California this afternoon! 

CS/Q: nope. Just pumped AF came a day later than expected so that the night I get home is CD 8 and we can get to SMEPin! Also, @daffodil_shoe I remember you asking about AF after clomid. Mine was basically just 2 days and 1 super light day :/ 
  • Options
    @b_1029 hahaha oops yes that was @brookert615 I think I decided I only need to read the first letter of peoples usernames! haha. I will fix tag. I hope you get taken back for your u/s soon!
  • Options
    inthewoods23inthewoods23 member
    edited January 2019
    @kimmer1412 it's okay, I think some of my dishes are from the weekend.

@kbrown2385 I feel like this week has flown by too. And thank God it has 😂

@b_1029 the RNs dim the light in the room at my US's and I can't not comment that we're setting the mood 😆

Month/Cycle: 19/18

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: letrozole, IUI #2 and stuff

R/R: slept on opposite sides of the bed last night because DH has been sleeping with my big U pillow the last couple nights and I wanted to steal it. I was in bed before him like usual. A few times I've had a small sliver of the bed because the darn thing is so big. I was also a bit mad that he'd rather work on stuff that stresses him out over having some stress relieving fun. I woke up a total grump. The saying "woke up on the wrong side of the bed" could not be more true this morning. I had a number of things irritating me since last night so that didn't help.

ETA: I forgot to add that even though I've been a sad grump this morning, DH made me avocado toast. Which I've never actually tried before!

CS/Q: due to above, I did not have my thermometer nearby to get another temp. Meh.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 Avocado Toast is so yummy! I hate when I wake up on days like then, then I am just in a bad mood the whole day. Hopefully your day gets better.

Month/Cycle: 9/7

CD:3 (benched)

WAYDTGKU: nothing this month, we are benched until March or April, but taking part in daily threads just because! 

R/R: AF will likely be here during our cruise and I am irrationally ill about it. 

CS/Q: Nope.
  • Options
    brookert615brookert615 member
    edited January 2019
    @creamcheeseplease Sorry about your rest last night! Hope you have a productive next few days! We are supposed to get hit with some snow this weekend, too. No fun!!!

@kbrown2385 Hope you can get some sleep during all of the busy! So exciting the saline sono is coming up so fast!

@b_1029 Not going to lie I have the same selfish feeling LOL. October BMB is going to be hoppin' :D! Good luck during your appointment! Maybe threaten to pee on someone! Ah! The trip is already here! Enjoy your travels!!! 

@inthewoods23 Sorry you had a rough night/morning - hope your day is only uphill from here!!! 

@klmcguire AF always likes to make an appearance on trips? WHY?

Edit: Tags!
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    @klmcguire AF while on a cruise? That's a bummer!

I am getting dinner with a friend tonight so I'm excited about that!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    rikiteacuprikiteacup member
    edited January 2019
    Month/Cycle: 10/10

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPK, Prenatals, all the FertilAid pills for men

R/R: as I was filling out the forms for the RE clinic, I had to circle yes for asthma and of course I got curious and Googled. Turns out that recent studies show that women with asthma controlled with short-acting relievers like Ventolin (my case), take 20% longer to conceive and for 30% of them it will take over a year. But, if you take the long-acting relievers like Symbicort, there is no difference vs. women with no asthma. Great. Another thing working against us.  

CS/Q: boring chart. My temp was stuck at 98.1 for 3 days, it finally moved today.
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• Options
    @kimmer1412 don't worry too much about the dishes. January is a hard month if you live in the cold. It sucks all your energy/motivation.
    @brookert615 sorry to see you here again. Woohoo for losing another pound while on your periods though!
    @creamcheeseplease this sounds like a good plan!
    @kbrown2385 good luck with your saline sono. 
    @b_1029 hopefully you didn't pee yourself!
    @inthewoods23 I hope your mood gets better! How did you like the avocado toast?
    @klmcguire I hope AF doesn't show up on your cruise.
    TTC#1
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2

• Options
    Yum yum! Don't look at the spoiler if you're hungry. For a first attempt he did it really well. Made me feel deeply tied to my millennial roots 😂

*TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @kimmer1412 Sorry that you are feeling ick about everything. We are here for you!

@brookert615 Wow, that does sounds super busy. Hope you can take a break this weekend. And yay for the weight loss!!

@creamcheeseplease Sounds like you have a good game plan. What kind of tea do you drink?

@kbrown2385 GL for your sono next week! 

@b_1029 Yay for having the day off. Hope everything goes well with your appt! And thank you for making my day with your dildo cam reference  :D:D:D

@inthewoods23 Yum to avocado toast! That is too delicious. And I'm sorry about waking up on the wrong side of the bed. Hope the rest of your day gets better.

@rikiteacup Wow, that's kind of crazy that you found that out. Do you think the RE will ask you to switch meds (if that's possible)? 

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPK, CM, PNV, EPO, mucinex, no coffee (green tea instead), raspberry leaf tea, preseed, softcups

R/R: Another lovely day of rain in SoCal. Super excited for the impending Monday holiday and my FW during the weekend. This is kind of how I picture telling DH that we are BDing...

CS/Q: FF is a crazy person today, when I recorded my temp this morning, it tried to tell me that I already O'd... even though I haven't had a +OPK or EWCM.. just based on my temps. It's a liar.

TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: All the things.

R/R: Lots of wake-ups last night and forgot I had to wait for a signal with my new thermometer, so temping was a no go today. Hoping to get in the habit during AF, so I'm good for when it starts to really matter in the coming days.

CS/Q: Nope

• Options
    @inthewoods23 that looks delicious! I have so much trouble picking avocados!
  • Options
    @stephanie123456 I will likely ask my PCP to change. My asthma isn't bothering me too much except when I am running (50% of the time) but I am wheezing every night. The research found out that Ventolin and the like only control the symptoms of asthma when they are bad. It doesn't prevent them altogether like inhalers with corticosteroids. They believe there is inflammation in other places in your body on top of your lungs caused by asthma like the lining of the uterus, which prevents implantation.
    TTC#1

TTC #2

• Options
    kimmer1412kimmer1412 member
    edited January 2019
    @rikiteacup sadly I'm in FL so I cant even blame winter weather lol just a good combo of busy/lazy 
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 I knew I shouldn't have looked. GAH THAT LOOKS GOOD. 

@rikiteacup That is crazy about the asthma meds, hopefully they can change them for you. 

• Options
    @kbrown2385 the avocados were on sale when I bought them for no reason other than they're on sale so I picked up some not so ripe ones figuring if we eat them in a day or 2 they'll be good. And thatst what we got 😃
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @brookert615:  I was wondering where you were!  Sorry work got so crazy...yuck.  But WOOHOO on the weight loss!

@inthewoods23:  oh.....yummy.  Wow.

@rikiteacup :  Whoa - I'm surprised about the asthma med info.  Def interested to hear what the plan is with that!

Month/Cycle: cycle 6

CD: 33

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, HIO EOD starting now (in hopes that the dominant follicle seen on Monday will do something magical - or even just do what she's SUPPOSED to do), inositol, and PNV.  Will restart BBT too (meant to restart this before now...whoops)

R/R: Nothing much to say here.  Just want to get on with things.  Limbo land is no fun.

CS/Q: None

• Options
    @galentine Bacon bits!

Full ingredient list:
    Bread
    Mayo
    Avocado
    Tastefully Simple Seasoned Salt
    Bacon bits
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @klmcguire it's not so much the meds, it's more about how controlled your asthma is. Inflammation from asthma is thought to be the main culprit. They found out it's not just the lungs that are inflamed but also the lining of the uterus (preventing implantation). Ventolin and Co. don't treat the overall inflammation in your body which Symbicort and Co. do.
    TTC#1

TTC #2

• Options
    @inthewoods23 hahaha that’s hilarious! I’m sorry for the rough start to the day, but major points to YH for that delicious looking avocado toast!

@klmcguire ugh that’s so annoying about AF on vacation. AND on a cruise! Rude!

@rikiteacup I would’ve never thought that about asthma meds! I’m sorry :/ hopefully they’re able to change it up! 

@stephanie123456 I think I got the term “dildo cam” from @lillywonderland and @marebear15 (miss you guys) and I’ll never go back! That is quite a spike with no other fertile signs, were you tossing and turning a lot or something? 

@sorarose it’s so hard to remember sometimes! Better luck tomorrow!

@lcking82 sorry you’re still in limbo! Hope something happens soon. 

1. For all that were concerned, I made it to my appt without peeing on anyone or anything 🤣 it was close though and the tech made a comment during the internal u/s that my bladder must’ve been really full because it was already filling back up. Finally, my baby bladder has been validated. 

2. This is one of the only times I’ve flown since starting TTC and starting all the additional stuff after like 6 months...all I could think while packing was GOOD GRIEF I’ve never had so much sh*t to remember to bring! My OPKs, EPO, hormone supplement, decaf green tea, fish oil, RLT, and PNVs are ready for California!
  • Options
    @rikiteacup That is so crazy about the asthma and TTC being tied together like that! 

@stephanie123456 FW on the weekend is the best! Love the GIF! 

@sorarose Hope you can get into a rhythm of using your BBT!

@lcking82 Hope that follie does her thing! 

@galentine I always feel like I end up getting super busy when I would be testing LOL. If only! 

@b_1029 Glad you didn't pee on anyone LOL! Safe travels, girl! 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    samashley1samashley1 member
    edited January 2019
    Well, I think I belong over here now. No actual AF yet today but I’m doubled over in pain, i have the chills, and trying to not vomit. It hit me all of a sudden after feeling fairly normal the majority of the day.

This has happened the last two months (since we first started ttc) where I’m honestly questioning going to the ER because my pain is so intense.

im literally in the fetal position on the couch with a heating pad on me trying to distract myself here. SO just brought me some meds and water and I’m praying to every God, spirit, and Mother Nature for some relief.

Ill be polite and tag people in a bit when I don’t feel like I’m on deaths doorstep.

EDIT: Ok, I'm 25% of a real human today so I can respond to others.

@rikiteacup Interesting! I take Advair every day but it seems like that's ok? I'm going to ask my OBGYN about that. 

@b_1029 Always a plus when you're not giving the doctors a golden shower. I once had an emergency gyn issue and my doctor insisted on doing a transvag ultrasound (or "dildo cam") while I was bleeding. It was not pleasant and I'll never forget how terrible I felt for him.