Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Thursday 1/17

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: TWW Thursday 1/17

• Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: CD23/3DPO

Timing: -2, -1, O

Typical LP length: 10-11 days

Testing: I usually wait until my period is due to test.

R/R: Its supposed to snow this weekend and the temp is supposed to drop below 30, yuck....we have had a pretty mild winter so far in Michigan so guess I have been spoiled!!

CS/Q: Not right now!
  • @jennifer_louise , we will never run out of parks and rec gifs for each other! Enjoy breakfast for dinner!

@elle-0409, good luck on the pee train!

@Spartanrd4, I am getting hit with that same snowstorm this week. I'm annoyed but at the same time excited for an excuse to hibernate!
  • Good morning ladies and happy Friday Eve!

@jennifer_louise glad you don’t have to travel during your FW! Parents downstairs beats no BDing for sure 

@galentine enjoy ALL the wings and fries! And that email is certainly a mood booster, always nice to be complimented :smile:

Month/Cycle: 2

CD/DPO: 17/3

Timing: -1, 0

Typical LP length: 14 days

Testing: nope

R/R: After my rant of timing and husbands wasting of specimen yesterday I’m focusing on the positive today. :smile: I know it’s only 3DPO so things could still change BUT so far this is the nicest temp rise I have had since starting to temp! It’s usually all over the place post O and I’ll get a raise 1 and 2 DPO and then it dips again and is a staggered mess til AF. I’m hoping this means my body is starting to produce enough progesterone to hold higher temps throughout the LP after getting off birth control in October 

CS/Q: see rave above and cautiously insert celebration emoji. My pre-O temps range by about a full degree, half a degrees if i eliminate one random high temp (but then I don’t have enough data points for FF since I have to eliminate 2 from this past weekend due to terrible sleep and ALL THE WINE!) But my current LP rise is .4 degrees over that highest temp and 0.7 above baseline. Still don’t know how to do a spoiler to add my chart.
  • @elle-0409 I'm losing my nerve now that testing time is so close. I'm much more chill than my usual self at 8dpo, so I might try to WFAF. She should be knocking by the end of the weekend anyway. And that's awesome you're going to see Celine Dion! I hope your weekend is just magical.

@Spartanrd4 lucky you've had a mild winter so far! I hope you make it through the cold.

@kopp5988 you just click the Paragraph backwards P symbol and select Spoiler. Then you can insert the pic! 
  • @jennifer_louise What a random, albeit lovely, email to get! And hooray for not traveling during your FW (though I hope you're KU this time around so it won't matter). GL whether or not you decide to test. I'm normally pretty good about not SS, but since doubling up on the progesterone it's impossible to keep a level of chill.
    @spartanrd4 and @galentine GL with the snow and freezing temps! It's 59 degrees here and I've lived in warm climates for too long so I have the heater on.
    @kopp5988 I'm glad that your chart is looking pretty!  
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• samashley1samashley1 member
    edited January 2019
    @jennifer_louise yay for no travel!

@galentine eating out is the best. We just moved to the suburbs from downtown so we've been eating out less. It's a good thing, but also sort of sad. We just loved walking to all the amazing nearby restaurants in the past, so we have to adjust to that change. Have a blast and eat everything delicious.

Honestly, I'm unsure if I belong here today. But only time will tell.

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 27/14

Timing: "good"

Typical LP length: ~13 days

Testing: Tonight, if AF doesn't show

R/R: AF is due today. So far, she hasn't shown. Then again, I haven't checked since this morning. So, totally unsure. I don't really have symptoms, but I suppose my back is a little achy? I suspect she'll rear her ugly head later today. Also, I joined a gym yesterday and it's super bougie. I think I'm going to try to go for the first time tonight if the weather doesn't get awful and I don't have horrible AF symptoms.

CS/Q: Temp drop, sure it's AF. But not TOTALLY sure yet so I haven't jumped over to WTO yet.

EDIT (2pm): So far, no AF. However, weird pelvic/upper leg pain that I've never experienced before. And the back pain is getting slightly worse. So, I guess it's inevitably AF. But that pelvic pain is so weird? 
  • @cdnrunning - I hope you at least get to enjoy your weekend!

@emeraldduchess - So weird! I swear I'd be so much more productive at work if I always had 3 day weekends.

@galentine - I love food and I love it even more when I don't have to cook it lol

@jennifer_louise - That's called payback from your childhood! Seriously - I shared a wall with my parents room growing up and it was THE WORST.

@elle-0409 - I love playing card games and classic board games! 

@Spartanrd4 - We're getting a big storm here in Boston on Sunday as well. I plan on Marie-Kondo-ing my clothes and pantry while I'm snowed in. 

@kopp5988 - Fingers crossed for you!

Month/Cycle: 6

CD/DPO: 32/11

Timing: Good

Typical LP length: 16-18 

Testing: Was trying to hold off until Sunday, but I'm so tempted to test tomorrow. 

R/R: Rant - I have a night meeting tonight - so I'll be at work till about 10:00pm. Rave - I'm taking that comp time and leaving early tomorrow - which extends my 3 day weekend by a few hours lol. 

CS/Q: I'm cautiously optimistic about another temp rise last night. 

• @feather_heather Damn, that chart is PRETTY! I hope the meeting goes well for you.
    @samashley1 Have fun if you decide to go to your super bougie gym. :D
    @marbellie "Crypt keeper husband" made me LOL! And vacations TOTALLY deserve vacations!
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• @marbellie I guess that's the only slightly creepy part. He Googled everything he could remember about me and found my work profile, so the email actually came to my work email. And yes, lol, vacations deserve vacations. Maybe you should take a chill day on Tuesday (:

@feather_heather you heard your parents at it as a kid??? Grosssssss. About 5 years ago I saw some lube in my mom's toiletries bag and I almost killed myself. Just from that.

@kiki047 I forgot to tell you yesterday that your dog story majorly had me lol-ing at my desk. And yes, slightly creepy but he didn't come off as a creep in that one interaction so I'm just assuming he was genuine about it. Also, yay for your functioning ovaries!! I'm hoping that's a sign for you this cycle - that it's a real good egg!! 🍳 
  • Oh @marbellie I've been meaning to ask about your screen name! Have you ever seen Jane the Virgin? When I see marbellie I always of the Marbella from that show. 
  • This is my first post on here, still getting the hang of it. Been on Ovia for the last year and was looking for something different. Officially been TTC for a year. 

Month/Cycle: 12/12

CD/DPO: 20/3

Timing: 0, -2, -5

Typical LP length: ~13 days

Testing: in 10 days but we all know that's a lie...

R/R: I hate the 2WW

CS/Q: anybody else have really strong ovulation pains?? Every cycle it feels like someone is clutching my ovary in their fist. 
  • I guess I should change my username lol i dont know what that is
  • galentinegalentine member
    edited January 2019
    @kopp5988, glad you are feeling more positive today!

@marbellie, you definitely need an extra day of vacation to rest from your busy vacation. I fully support a day off for rest! Also HOWWWW do you have the ability to wait to test until February?! That's a whole other month from now! 😉  and I second @jennifer_louise question if your SN is based off the Marbella hotel in Jane the Virgin. I have always wondered this (quit reading my mind @jennifer_louise!) If so, @marbellie, then we have love of sloths and Jane the Virgin in common!!

@samashley1 good luck testing tonight!

@feather_heather, your chart is so pretty 😍

@kiki047, ugh sorry the dog foiled your efforts last night!
  • daisy0322daisy0322 member
    edited January 2019
    i will go back through and tag!

Month/Cycle: 3/2

CD/DPO: 67/?

Timing: ?

R/R: hubby is still doing the whole 30, Im super proud of him but I'm having a hard time making dinners he will like. 

CS/Q:so i started temping yesterday and i FINNALY got a negative OPK after 8 days of positives! I don't know if it means I O'd or not but I'm trying g to be optimistic. I'll try to add my chart! I did notice that if I O'd yesterday it would line up perfect with my 27 day cycle (just with two missed periods) 
  • @kiki047 and @jennifer_louise yupppp I specifically remember asking for a walkman cd player and headphones for christmas when I was about 7 and had realized what those noises were [insert puking emoji here]
  • @emeraldduchess what bad luck! I have one out and I keep forgetting to replace it.

@galentine I love date nights! Where are you going? 

@elle-0409 how fun! My grandma use to host game nights all the time but since she passed we've not done it. Maybe I should plan one soon! So glad you had a good time :)

@kiki047 I had do much fun planning my wedding! I hope you enjoy the process <3

• kopp5988kopp5988 member
    edited January 2019
    @feather_heather that chart looks so promising FX for you!

@alikat1021 I had really strong ovulation pain this month and two months ago, but nothing last month. I like it, as painful as it is, because it helps with timing, it’s almost like a last call, train is leaving the station

@kiki047 sorry your dog saga continues 
  • @jennifer_louise whoooaaa, you mean you didn't give him your contact info? Ok slightly creepier that he remembered enough details to actually find you, still kinda sweet cuz if you weren't married maybe this would be the cutest love story. It's something straight out of a romcom. // Cluck cluck, let's hope this is one super egg because I'm ready to be a human incubator. 
    @alikat1021 Hi there! Welcome! You might want to go do your intro as well just because not everyone in TTGP reads the WTO/TWW dailies so they might not know who you are. We encourage everyone to intro first, then jump right in when you're comfortable. // re: O pain, I had horrible O pain last month on letrozole because my follies were huge by the time they released, over 30mm. This month I was super crampy for about 12-24hrs post-O then it went away. I used a heating pad both times but it didn't help much. I described it as feeling like someone is wringing my ovaries out like a washcloth. 
    @daisy0322 yay! I hope that means you actually O'd! So ready for your neverending cycle to come to an end either way, hopefully with a BFP... your timing is fan-freaking-tastic if you did O yesterday. 
    @feather_heather noooo. Well, maybe someday you'll traumatize your own kids that way and it'll come full circle :lol: 
    @kopp5988 oh thank you, I appreciate you guys listening to me bitch about the dog without judging me lol. My friends IRL definitely just roll their eyes. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• *lurking from WTO* @Daisy0322:  Oh, FX that this is really O for you!  I'm also in the midst of a long cycle (although not quite so long as yours)...feeling your impatience/frustration over here!
  • @kiki047, random question for you: when you had O pain, was the pain on/near both ovaries or just the one ovulating? Or maybe you had follies on both sides? I only ask because I *think* I noticed O pain this month too, but it was definitely only localized on the right side. I am intrigued by this whole feeling O pain thing, because I definitely never noticed it before TTC! I'm paying a lot closer attention to every twinge and pinch these days.
  • @Icking82 I'm so sorry the long cycle witch hit you too! Hopefully I'm toward the end but I'm not getting my hopes up. 

@kiki047 FX we've really been putting TTC in full gear since we found out about the deployment 
  • @galentine I love me some good wings. The spicier the better! Enjoy your night out!

@emeraldduchess that's some crazy luck - maybe buy a lottery ticket lol

@jennifer_louise isn't that just the best? Those types of acts can really warm the heart and make someone's day.

@kiki047 I'm not going to lie, it still gets my hopes up every time lol. Damn pretty charts. Screw you.

@alikat1021 I don't always get O pain but when I do it can sometimes be the "bent over clutching my ovary" type pain. And then there are other cycles where I have no pain at all, like this cycle

@daisy0322 if you tell me what types of ingredients your husband likes, I'd be happy to give you some suggestions of what we've really enjoyed
  • @cdnrunning omg you would be a life saver I'll PM you! 

• Hello! New to posting after lurking for a while. Excited to jump in! 

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 21/10 or 11

Timing: every other day after period, then every day with egg whites and then SMEP. 

Typical LP length: just started temping and the first one was 13 days.

Testing: debating tomorrow but might wait till Sunday.

R/R: Okay, so I started spotting today which concerns me a little. I’m worried my progesterone is low because I’m only 10 DPO (although I tested positive on OPK 12 days ago so I might be 11 DPO. It’s been 10 since temp shift). It is possible that it’s implantation bleeding but for many years I’ve spotted 3-5 days before AF. I’m not sure if it’s a concern tho since my temps are still high. Either way, I’ve had some wonky spotting months lately (8 and 10 days before AF) which may be after a chemical but unsure. Either way I’m seeing a Gyno soon so hopefully it clears it up.

CS/Q: Don’t know how to attach from period tracker app but they look good- clear temp shifts, the only thing concerning is the early spotting before AF. 
  • @galentine I am crampy and achy all across my abdomen but the pinchy/squeezy feeling is usually localized to one side or the other. And since I've been told which ovary is releasing the last 2 cycles it has lined up correctly (now whether I imagined that or not is another question lol)
    @daisy0322 is the plan still to try provera at some point if you don't actually O? I recall you were concerned about timing because of the deployment if you did take it (and understandably so). 
    @stargazer100 hopefully your gyno can help shed some light on the spotting. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23