Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Tuesday 1/15

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: WTO Tuesday 1/15

• Loading the player...
  • @galentine hooray for +OPK! I get antsy until I get that +OPK too, because I never know when it will be.

@b_1029 something similar happened to me when trying to get my Clomid refill last week! Except Walgreens said they had to get it from a specialty pharmacy?? Hopefully your doc’s office calls back today, especially if you start on CD3!
    And now I’m craving Mexican! 🌮 
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Month/Cycle: 4

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: Took my last Clomid today, B6...nothing else to do until the weekend.

Rant/Rave: Exhausted from my 12-hour shift yesterday, especially because I was the only one on (normally two). So on top of my other duties, I had to do 3 sections, one of which was urgent and I was still trying to finish my set-up at incision. It was draining 😩

But now I have today off to chill 😎
  • @b_1029, I don't know if that "I just had sex" gif is too much or not.... but it is accurate!! 😉

• @daffodil_shoe, sorry for the draining day yesterday, but yay for a day off to chill! Enjoy! 😎

@b_1029 (again, LOL), hopefully you get the clomid script figured out soon so you can get started on time! Also I am majorly jealous of your Mexican food. Mexican food is my all time fave. YUM! 🌮🌮
  • @stephanie123456 I remember that show but I didn’t really watch it. Enjoy! Hope it brings you back to your youth!
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• sorarosesorarose member
    edited January 2019
    @galentine- I always do this. No matter how many times I promise myself this night will be different, it's not.

@b_1029- I hear ya. I'm trying to cook more at home because there are too many places we love to eat out that don't help the diet. 

@daffodil_shoe- Enjoy your day off!

@inthewoods23-Sorry you're tired. Hope things start to perk up for you.

@lcking82-I'm in education too, and tardiness is the worst. Awesome you made a stand like that!

@stephanie123456-I was OBSESSED with that show, but I'm underwhelmed by the new one. I don't feel willing to give it a shot because I know it will fail to live up to the last one.

@misshelen86- Books and massages. Sounds like a blissful couple of days!

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: prenatals, Wondfos, new thermometer and pre-seed on the way, reactivated FF

R/R: I totally forgot how addictive FF is. Was up late last night just looking at random charts. Also, I decided to indulge in a sushi lunch special today because it has been a long couple of days with the snow and I'm CD 2, so why not?

CS/Q:None yet. Definitely will as I get reacquainted with FF.

• @galentine ha! funny you should say that about getting all the things done around the house last night. We need to HIO tonight to stick to our SMEP plan so I told MF this morning to expect some sexy times tonight and his response was "Does that mean I don't have to do the dishes?" Fine. No dishes, as if that's going to make any difference in his energy levels lol. // YAY for + OPK! Sounds like we're not the only ones gettin' it on tonight. 

@b_1029 mmmm, queso. So worth it. Hope you can get in touch with the clinic to get your prescription refilled! That's so annoying. That's why I'm doing a natural cycle this month, my day 1 fell between Christmas and New Years so the clinic was closed and the pharmacy wouldn't fill it. *shrug* Feels like a "waste" but as long as I ovulate I suppose it's still ok?
    @daffodil_shoe that sounds like a stressful day, but glad you can relax today. 
    @inthewoods23 I think it's just this time of year. Dreary, cold, dark. It feels like the only time I'm not tired is the hour before I try to go to bed, then I'm wired.
    @lcking82 I LOVE that you put that sign on the door. Haha that's awesome. FX for your follie! 
    @stephanie123456 heck yes, I loved that show! Back before Katie Heigl was super famous. I don't think I'll watch the reboot, same with Charmed. It just isn't the same. 
    @misshelen86 What book are you reading for your book club? Enjoy your massage, I was just saying yesterday that I need to book one too.

Month/Cycle: 13/10

CD: 19

WAYDTGKU:  PNVs, BBT/RHR, CM, Vit C & D, Vit B12, Omega 3s, CoQ10, Metformin, Ovasitol, PCOS/ getting back on my low carb diet, HIO, softcups, monitored natural cycle + TI

R/R: Rant: I decided to hire a regular house cleaner to come once a month leading up to the wedding to reduce my stress/work load at home. I went with a friend who's had her own business for 20+ years. She didn't show up this morning. I went all the way to the clinic for 8am, then came home to meet her (had to take the morning off work) and when she was 30mins late I messaged her and she said she "tried" msging me last night to ask if she can come tomorrow instead but it didn't work. Ummm, so when was she planning on telling me she wasn't coming? I can't take tomorrow off work AGAIN and I don't want to spend my morning driving back and forth from the clinic. Grrr. Not a good start. 
    Raves: We haven't made much progress in socializing the dog and cats in about a year, he's still so bad with them but I think we've had a breakthrough! He was so good and gentle and our one cat even let him sniff her butt and now he seems totally content to just co-exist with her. The other cat still doesn't understand the concept that sneaking up behind him and meowing will cause him to chase her. *facepalm* 

Also this is neither a rant nor a rave but one of the ladies ahead of me at the clinic this morning fainted after getting her b/w done. I saw her go cross-eyed then she put her head down on her arm while still sitting in the chair but next thing I knew she had keeled right over and just fell on the floor. It was scary, and there was hardly any staff around. Normally the clinic is full of nurses and staff but apparently it was only the technicians this morning. They hardly even reacted, meanwhile one of the other girls in the waiting room worked in a hospital so she ran to get a pillow and I ran yelling down the hall for help. WTF. She was fine, thankfully, but I didn't feel super confident about the staff's reaction. 

CS/Q: Big dip this morning, hopefully that means I'll O soon. Follie measuring 23mm. Right on track.

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• *knock*knock* anybody here?

Month/Cycle: 10/10

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPK, Prenatals, all the FertilAids pills for men

R/R: I am so glad I got this board because let me tell you I want to punch people in the face sometimes. I only told 2 of my best friends about our TTC struggles and they keep saying "well, if you just relax and have fun, it will happen!". There is no more TTC talk with them. They just don't understand that being relaxed and having fun will do nothing if there is/are medical issue(s).

CS/Q: Nothing to see. Just one blue dot.
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• Hi @rikiteacup. Sorry for CD1. Hope AF isn't too unpleasant. Definitely KWYM about not wanting to talk to friends. I've got a few of those too. It's easier just to say nothing at all. Although I'll admit, I'm using TTGP as an excuse to not have to go to a bachelorette next weekend that I've been dreading. It's easier than pretending to be sick 10 days out, or coming up with fake plans. lol. 

TTC History:

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @galentine Yay for a psotivie OPK!! You just reminded me I need to order new ones from Amazon.
    @b_1029 I love the lonely island! And I want queso now!! Good luck with your refill, sounds like a nightmare.
    @daffodil_shoe enjoy your day off!
    @inthewoods23 good luck this cycle! I am crossing my fingers!
    @lcking82 30 minutes late?!! Good thing you kicked him out. Next time he/she will probably try to be on time.
    @stephanie123456 I remember that show but never got into it. What ever happened to the main girl cast? Kristen something.
    @misshelen86 glad you had fun at your book club!
    @sorarose welcome here!
    @kiki047 hopefully this means you're about to O!!
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• b_1029b_1029 member
    edited January 2019
    @daffodil_shoe oh man, that shift sounds horrible! Glad you made it and have the day off today. 

@inthewoods23 hope all the baseline stuff goes well!

@lcking82 STFU apps! Ha! Good job on telling that student to go away. I hate when people walk in super late to things, I can’t imagine if I were the presenter!

@stephanie123456 agreed about Mexican! It’s always nice that DH doesn’t act shocked at how much I eat lol. Hope you enjoy Roswell! I’ve never watched it!

@misshelen86 I’m glad you had fun last night and hope you enjoy the massage!

@sorarose mmmmm sushi. Hope it was delicious! 

@kiki047 wow that’s so annoying about your house cleaner! I would be so angry. Also, teach me your dog / cat socialization ways! One of our cats tolerates the dog now, but the other one freaks out when he walks in the room. And of course he chases them which doesn’t help haha. That’s pretty crazy about the lady at your clinic, hopefully she’s ok! I would be a little worried at their response too. It’s not normal...? 

@rikiteacup that is the absolute worst! It’s so hard to hide my b*tch face when people say that to me, especially my cousin who *TW* got KU on accident *end TW*
    Even my mom always tells me to stop stressing and it’ll happen and I have to bottle up my annoyance. I’m sorry about your friends (and CD1) :( we are all here and understand!!
  • @b_1029 if it's any consolation my friend who has been my biggest supporter during all this *TW* also got KU on accident when she was about 19. She had to drop out of college as a single mom *end TW* so she at least understands the struggles of being outside the norm and in a non-ideal situation.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23, I agree, I'd much rather some extra sleeping hours than extra get-stuff-done hours. It's very un-LeslieKnope-like of me!

@lcking82, I am so angry just reading about your interaction with the pharmacist re: twins. Mind your own beeswax!! Also, way to go on not allowing the late student!! I like that you stuck to your rule and didn't give in. Now everyone knows you mean business!

@stephanie123456, I'm absolutely going to start another petition, great idea! First up: 3 day weekends. Second up: 30 hour days.

@misshelen86, enjoy your massage!

@sorarose, I'm glad you enjoyed your sushi! I feel like every CD 1, I'm like.... gimme all the sushi and lunch meat and soft cheese and wine BECAUSE I CAN. It's like, the only silver lining to AF 😂

@kiki047, ugggghhhh I'm sorry for the housekeeper situation. So frustrating when you thought you were starting a service to make your life easier,  and it's starting off by doing the opposite. Grrr! And how scary about the lady fainting at your clinic! Glad you were there at least, to yell for help.
  • misshelen86misshelen86 member
    edited January 2019
    @sorarose I try to limit my time on FF or I’d get nothing done! Glad you found a way to treat yourself on CD2!

@kiki047 We read The curious incident of the dog in the night-time. It was fantastic! That’s really annoying about the house cleaner! Doesn’t sound like she tried very hard to get a hold of you. Scary that it was the girls in the waiting room that responded to the girl who fainted. The techs should have basic CPR/first aid training I would think?

@rikiteacup I’m sorry to see you back here again. That’s the exact reason why I haven’t told anyone yet that we are TTGP. I’m getting enough rude comments/questions about my reproductive status as it is without people knowing. I get that sometimes people don’t know what to say, but sometimes it’s better to just not say anything. 
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• *lurking*
    @galentine I'm reading The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin. I started it before bed and couldn't put it down. One thing led to another and now I'm 3/4 finished. :# 
  • @b_1029 I'll put this in a spoiler just cuz it's long and other ppl may not care lol.

the dog is verrrry territorial and protective of us (especially me) so he isn't bothered by them unless I go near them or they make any sudden movements. I started by feeding him treats when we were standing near the cat tree, and patting the cats with the other hand. That took literally months to get him to sit that close without freaking the eff out and trying to climb the tree to get them.

Then it was months of making him sit on the bed with MF (while losing his mind crying and trying to get to me) while I stood near the cat tree. Now he'll at least approach the one cat (that doesn't really seem bothered by him, she just hisses when he gets too close - see above photo lol) and let me pet her and as long as I'm doing that she'll let him sniff her. The other one is so, so dumb and doesn't follow any of the rules of engagement. Like she panics and runs AT him, then realizes her mistake, shits herself - literally - and takes off. But she does dumb things like runs into the wrong bedroom that has no hiding places. He chases her because he's a dog and why not? 

I honestly didn't think we'd ever get to this point. It's been a year and a half and we're only just starting to make progress. The best solution to a well behaved dog is tiring him out, lol, that's the only time he isn't triggered by them at all. We also moved their tree out of the bedroom, which the cats are super bummed about but he sleeps with us and it's stressful when we're all in the same room and he takes off in the middle of the night after them. 

@galentine I was pretty freaked out after she fainted. I don't like that tech to begin with, she's inexperienced and I had a terrible experience with her the last time. And yeah, super annoyed by the housekeeper, if she wasn't a friend I would've told her not to bother coming tomorrow. She's all apologetic, offering to bake me cookies or something but we don't eat sugar or gluten soo thanks but just show up tomorrow and clean my damn house thankyouverymuch. 

@misshelen86 Ooh I started reading that book a while ago on vacation but didn't get around to finishing it. I liked it! I swear I'll start reading again... soon... // and yes, I should hope the techs would be trained but I guess people faint often enough when they have blood drawn that they weren't that concerned? She was responsive, but still literally fell out of her chair and was rolling on the ground. 

TTC History:

• @rikiteacup *side eye* Jerks! So sorry. And good plan... no more TTC talk with them anymore. 

@kiki047 Scary! I would have freaked out a little too, especially without any nurses around! 

R/R: I have had the stomach bug for the past two days (thank you DS2 for passing this gem to me a few nights ago). My window is about to start this week and the LAST thing on my mind is BD. Kill me.