July 2019 Moms

Randoms w/o 1/14

Re: Randoms w/o 1/14

• @rgn12 How’s your husband doing today? 

@nopegoat Cute pig!! Are you wanting one? Think you’ll keep it, or will it stay a “community pig”?
  • @jenniferjoy37 we've had pigs in the past and have been wanting a couple more again. We were going to wait though because we need to repair the old pen. If he doesn't want her we'll probably keep her. I'm afraid someone will hit her or she'll be attacked by those dogs up the road (we've had problems with them before killing our animals but thankfully were able to fix our fence and pens so everyone is safe now).
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Loading the player...
  • @mamanbebe I’ll be 32 when I deliver. The first three months I had 8 visits and 7 ultrasounds to monitor some issues I was having. I am 15 weeks and still don’t have a due date because we didn’t have much hope it would get that far. All the problems I’ve been having made me want more genetic testing than what is traditional for my age... it’s our first and I didn’t know about the NT until after I was beyond the window for it. I was pretty upset honestly. 
  • @pregnant_and_paleo that makes sense, I'm sorry they did not give you all of your options during your earlier appointments. I hope that everything continues as you hope for a very healthy baby <3 
  • @greeneyedgirl12 I was not offered NT and I'm 33. They are having me do Quad Screen. That seems to be the standard at my age. 
  • hakelehakele member
    edited January 2019
    Sorry I've been MIA for a couple of days. I was exhausted yesterday after a 3 a.m. wake-up call to head to the airport. Today was an all-day meeting that I was SO anxious about. I really didn't want to be found out and I got through it unscathed. Thankfully I was already overweight, so it wasn't noticed! 
    We talked all about making my interim role, which I've been in for an entire year, official. FINALLY. And I've been so anxious about this happening and I don't want a pregnancy to mess this up. But I know I need to tell my boss soon. I dunno what to do! But I want her to be able to plan for this. I'm just going to have to be trusting about them making the role official with me even though I'll be heading out on maternity leave. 
    No good time to have a baby, right? There's always something. 
  • Thanks everyone! @jenniferjoy37 he’s doing okay today but he’s really sore. He has to go tomorrow after our gender determ. u/s to start rabies treatment, since animal control was useless. We have a suspisciom but it’s not enough right now for us not to do it, because we have no info on the dog’s vaccination records. Even though it’s a slim chance, it’s not worth his life not to do the rabies treatment. Ugh. I’m hoping that we’ll be able to get something done tomorrow with animal control. Then at least if the dog was vaccinated or whatever he just wouldn’t have to do the remaining rounds 
  • @foodislove I didn't see your comment last night. Yes! I would love any tips to keep these pictures safe! Some of them are from the 20's! 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @hakele I'm glad you were able to finally have that conversation! Did you get any timeline out of her yet? Would your boss be ok with a follow-up email your conversation, summarizing what you discussed and let her know that you'd love to get a time on the calendar to talk more about it? That would at least document that the conversation had happened before you have to share the news.
  • @hakele, if they implied the role was official, you told them and then something changes... they’d be vulnerable to discrimination charges. So it’s unlikely something would change at this point.

@rgn12 - that’s all crazy! Have you tried going to the door to talk to them? Or are you afraid it could lead to confrontation? I mean... I’d be mortified if my dog did that. I’d be terrified about what it could mean for my dog... but I also wouldn’t want someone to worry unnecessarily about rabies. 

@nopegoat, remind me where you live? I’m trying to decide if you live like on this large farm where your “neighbor” is actually a 10 minute drive away or if somehow your traditional cul-de-sac has random animals everywhere. No middle ground in my head. Please confirm I’m correct. 
  • Does anyone have any recommendations for kit sheds that are really sturdy? We are fixing up our yard and replacing some small sheds with a bigger one.. but everything within a reasonable price has terrible reviews about collapsing from wind storms. 
  • @mamanbebe we are doing a time study to provide the hard data. Our dept director is super data-driven, so we are going to create a narrative that will speak to him. And that will be done in Feb, with a revisit in mid-February. Then it will go into the FY20 fiscal planning meetings which will start in March. And then a decision will be made at the top leadership level. Then it would probably be something that happens in FY20, which I will only be there for 2 weeks if babe doesn't arrive early. Which I'm totally expecting to happen. So yeah... its all a little weird, timing wise. Ugh. 
  • @happyin14 well, the main issue is we don’t know for sure. The people across the street used to have a grey pit bull that would be loose sometimes. And then today we saw a brown pit mix roaming, and my hubby thought it could’ve maybe been that one too but he had some doubts. It was in the same spot too. Then we found out the brown one lives behind our friends on a completely different street, which was new info to us. That’s when we called animal control again to give them that update and they didn’t do anything yet (as far as we know). I think we’re going to pursue them, because I haven’t seen any other dogs matching his description today and our friend said the dog is very aggressive and recently hadn’t puppies so might have been on edge from that. But since we couldn’t get an answer about the rabies vaccines in time for us to feel good about waiting any longer for hubby to go ahead and at least get the first round done. Better safe than sorry. Tomorrow it’ll be two days since the bite! 
  • Also disclaimer, it was at 9pm last night and very dark at the area where the dog attacked so hubby isn’t sure if it is for sure grey or brown or a brownish grey. He wants to be sure when he sees it that it was the same one, we have no intention of starting a witch hunt for pits in the neighborhood! 
  • @hakele Agh! I totally forgot about the bureaucracy of changes when you have a highly structured company. I hope everything chugs along as planned. Would this mean that your role would go perm after maternity leave? 
  • @mamanbebe I hope it would happen before it so that I could get the pay bump and vacation bump of the salaried role... and also for my old team who is having to deal with extra work of me being on this interim assignment and dealing with temporary team members. I want them to be able to move forward with their stuff, too. Highly structured is an understatement. I work for a VERY large organization. Like everyone in the world knows the organization. Our average hiring process takes almost 2 months. It is crazy. 
    Last year they had some role changes that happened before the fiscal year to be in place at the start of the FY, and those interviews and decision were all made before so that they would start on the first day of the first pay period after the FY. So, my fingers can be crossed for that. 
  • nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited January 2019
    @Happyin14 we live on 2 acres in a semi rural neighborhood ?! Ha! Green rectangle is us so you can kind of get an idea of what I'm talking about. 

We have neighbors all around us but they aren't right up your butt. No HOA and our property is completely unrestricted. 

We had to put a ton of thought into our layout of our property because we do have so many animals and smaller acreage. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat Send me a PM about what kinds of materials (photos, paper - what types, etc.) and sizes you are dealing with, and I can send you some links to supplies and articles on how to properly get them in order.
  • Anyone else starting to feel like they could open a natural deodorant store? I'm about to try my 4th brand... Hormonal BO is winning and I feel SO bad for DH and anyone else who comes around me.

Also, me this morning: I don't feel like s***, I'm going to go out and do a bunch of errands I need to do. *30 minutes later* Ooops I sat down and now I am tired and will be here if anyone needs me.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I really like native for deodorant. My husband is a gym rat and he uses it too so I know it’s good for stinky sweaty pits haha

• @foodislove there's so much in there that it's going to be touch. It ranges from few colored photographs to the ones printed on tin/copper lol. I'll start on the list probably tonight once the boys go to bed. Thank you so much! ! 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat I'm excited for you! Probably more than I should be :D 

Is anyone following the catfish investigation on the F19 board? o_O It started on page 3 of the January appointments thread.
  • @hestia14, now I am! Thanks for the flag!
  • @hestia14 Our board needs some spiciness!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @pregnant_and_paleo That’s one of the ones that barely works for me... Maybe I need to try a different scent.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • It’s always amazing to me what is always consistent. Spelling it ladys seems to be a trend. And the digging for compliments. That whole c/s thing begs someone to say “it’s not so bad. It’s okay...” which is also... standard. Hilarious. 
  • @greeneyedgirl12 @pregnant_and_paleo Native doesn't work for me either!! I keep wearing hoping that it'll start working or that people will just have to deal with it.  I guess my sticky hormones are worse than a sweat gym man.  :|
  • @hestia14 Damnit girl, I need to get some work done!  :p
  • @rgn12 Oh no, I am so sorry about your husband. If your husband has puncture wounds make sure he keeps it incredibly clean. Even without rabies a dog bite can cause a soft tissue Infection due to the ammount of bacteria in their mouths. If anything starts to feel worse over the next week, make sure he goes in to have it checked. 
  • People really have too much time on their hands, how do you go from 4 kids back to three and now having 4 again and expect people to never catch on.....

I then I wonder, is it some fat ol guy with a pregnancy fetish?

• @babyginjuly, I generally think it’s a lonely woman looking for a shared bond. I wonder if she was ever pregnant? 
  • Good find @hestia14 ! I needed to work but that tangent was worth it! 
  • @indulgentgypsy that is so terrible :( I'm sorry it happened to you. I always wonder how much to share or not on boards because there's a fine line between not wanting to post a bunch of personal info on the web and not being fully accepted by the community because you aren't sharing enough of your personal life.  
  • @ameliabedelia-2 funny you dread Seattle as that is one of the only other places I'd live in the world besides where I am now (Northern California). It always reminded me of a Cleaner less hipster San Francisco. I'm glad you're enjoying your babymoon <3
  • @indulgentgypsy that's terrible! what a bunch of biatches