August 2019 Moms
Options

PAIF - wk of 1/13-1/18

Note: This thread will include discussion of infertility and loss. If these topics are triggering for you, please take care of yourself while reading and posting here.

This thread is for those of us who went through infertility testing and treatments before becoming pregnant. Many of us have had different struggles to get to this place and face different anxiety and concerns now. This thread is for us to support each other, and we hope it will be a safe space. Though this thread starts on Saturdays, please feel free to post here at any time during the week, whether for good news or bad. Consider this an ongoing conversation. 

This thread is for those who have experienced infertility. The struggles we discuss may or may not apply to those who became pregnant easily. If you have not experienced infertility, please be considerate and sensitive if you feel the need to post in this thread. 

How far along are you?
Any symptoms?
Rant/Rave?
Next appointment?
GTKY: What are some of the things you're not looking forward to in pregnancy?

How far along are you? 9w2d
Any symptoms? Nope.
Rant/Rave? Just ready to be done with these shots. Both sides are so sore and lumpy/bumpy :(
Next appointment? Tomorrow, 1/14 - Final appointment/graudation
GTKY: What are some of the things you're not looking forward to in pregnancy? People asking really weird, personal questions: how much weight have you gained, are you having pelvic pain, do you think it's a boy or girl, how does your daughter feel about this, now that you'll have 2 kids are you planning to stay home, etc.? NUNYA business, people!! :| 
**History in Spoiler**
Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
   IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
   IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
   FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
   FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
   FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
   FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
   FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
   FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
   FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
   FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

Re: PAIF - wk of 1/13-1/18

• Options
    @MamaK225
    jimmy fallon happy dance GIF 
    That is amazing news that your remaining bean is going strong!!!!

AFM:
    How far along are you? 9+5
    Any symptoms? nausea, fatigue, trouble thermoregulating (love those personal summers)
    Rant/Rave? Rave: this first tri is flying by, I can't believe I'm almost 10 weeks already. Rant: the nausea is getting worse... I waited too long to eat this morning and paid for it...
    Next appointment? 2/1 for NT and MW appointment
    GTKY: What are some of the things you're not looking forward to in pregnancy? Really its just the first tri stuff that I don't love... all the nausea/dry heaving/vomiting and fatigue... Life does get better, I just have to hang it a little longer.

*TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 8w4dish (OB is wavering on my EDD) 
    Any symptoms? I am so thankful to be nauseous and exhausted with very sore boobs. Also have had significant cramping lately. 
    Rant/Rave? I wish doctors would automatically review test resulta and call you. My last u/s was on Thursday and today I had to call to request for it to be reviewed by a doctor. 
    Next appointment? Nurse appt tomorrow. OB appt in about 2 weeks, should have another u/s in 1.5-2weeks to monitor SCH. That all may change though due to changing offices. 
    GTKY: What are some of the things you're not looking forward to in pregnancy? At the moment I am on modified bes rest, so that has kind of sucked. Also just not looking forward to all of the anxiety. In the past 10 years we have never prevented and have spent much of that actively trying, and we have 3 losses and 2 healthy kids. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    :D:D:D@MamaK225 We are a Pats household so I approve! 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    @MamaK225 ditto!  Go Pats!  Would he be more open to Gronk?  
  • Options
    @suzycupcake & @becks68 - I would've went with Julian, but that was my least favorite college boyfriend's name. Bruschi has already been my favorite, so maybe a Tedy? Only about 30 weeks before we'll have to decide LOL

**History in Spoiler**
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Options
    Question for my Nov FET mamas: when did your doc have you stopping your meds? I'm on PIO in am, Progesterone suppository at night + 2 Estrace x3 daily + Benadryl regimen. We had our appointment yesterday and my nurse said I could stop my meds, but I feel like 9w3d is early - I thought it was 10 weeks? I can't find my paperwork from my DD, so I was just asking you guys since you're either at that point or very close to it. TIA!!
    **History in Spoiler**

• Options
    @MamaK225 I was an early Dec. FET, but my RE has me reducing my PIO dose at 9 weeks and then reducing again at 10 and then I'll stop once I hit 11. I stopped my estrace and aspirin at my last RE appt and I was 7+5.  

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Options
    @avrilmai - Thanks for that; did you stop Estrace and all that cold turkey? Also, did you only do PIO in mornings and no suppositories? I was also thinking of dialing back for a few days and then dropping off to nothing - I feel strange just stopping EVERYTHING at once.
    **History in Spoiler**

• Options
    @MamaK225 for the estrace, yes, I was taking it 3x a day. I took it the morning of my RE appt and then stopped that day. I do my PIO shots at night, but yes, just once a day and no suppositories. they have me dropping from 1mL to .50 and then to .25. I will say even with decreasing the dose I'm still going to be a nervous wreck when they stop.

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• Options
    @Avrilmai - That makes me feel so much better. I think I'm going to drop to 0.5ml tomorrow through Friday, then eliminate it (I'm dying to get rid of them). I'll take suppositories every other day until a few days past stopping PIO. I think I'll drop Estrace altogether though (and reduce the Benadryl to just at night - stupid allergies).
    **History in Spoiler**

• Options
    How far along are you? 9w 4d

Any symptoms? Sore boobs occasionally, and some moodiness

Rant/Rave? ARGH first trimester! Last week I was miserable from symptoms and now I feel way better so of course the anxiety sets in that something's wrong. So basically for me it's not the first trimester unless you're in abject misery: either physically from symptoms or mentally from no-symptoms

Next appointment? OB intake phone call with nurse, where we'll discuss history/concerns/etc, and then a week from today I'll actually go in for the ultrasound (and hopefully NIPT draw)

GTKY: What are some of the things you're not looking forward to in pregnancy? For me the main answer is gestational diabetes, since I had it last time and that pretty much means I'll have it this time, BUT the weird perverse thing is that I maybe wouldn't mind? Once I adjusted to the shock and blow of the diagnosis (it really threw me for a loop), I fell into the habit of the strict diet and non-negotiable exercising and overall it was a really good disciplinary framework for me. I reached the end of my pregnancy super healthy and in shape (for a pregnant lady), and it contributed to making labor and recovery more manageable. Also, returning to pastries and fruit and pasta after DD was born was magical! I still remember the almond croissant and basket of fresh raspberries my mom brought me the first morning in the hospital.
  • Options
    @cato99 your not alone in the first tri back and forth... feel good = anxiety, feel bad=wish you felt better....
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    wabash15 said:
    @cato99 your not alone in the first tri back and forth... feel good = anxiety, feel bad=wish you felt better....
    So glad to know this is the norm for the first tri! 

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• Options
    @MamaK225 I stop every cold turkey.  I stop estrace on the last day of week 8 (Thursday), stop on the last day of week 11 and stop aspirin on the first day of week 12. I’m so nervous about stopping since my levels have been low.  They said I could come in to have it tested and I was thinking maybe a week after I stopped but they scheduled it for my last day.  I might ask my OB to test a week after (or if it went up since the placenta should be taking over, I’d feel better too)

How far along are you? 8w4d

Any symptoms? Not really.  A little heartburn. And stomach shrunk or something so I can’t eat as much as I used to. 

Rant/Rave? Ready for the shots to be done

Next appointment? My last appointment with my RE is tomorrow 

GTKY: What are some of the things you're not looking forward to in pregnancy? I’m already worried about maternity leave. I’m a first grade teacher and I’m due at the end of the second week of school. Parents are not going to be happy when they come in to meet the teacher.
  • Options
    Oh I thought of a question. Does anyone have a problem with some of the PIO medicine leaking out after the injection? The past couple times I’ve given myself my own shot on the right side, some has leaked out. I’ve tried leaving the needle in there and counting to 10 and that hasn’t seemed to help at all. It doesn’t happen when I do it on my left side and it doesn’t happen when  capital H does it. ( he works nights so I have to do my own shots most the time) 
  • Options
    @purplg8r I haven’t had issues with leaking, but I’ve had some pretty bad soreness and bruising on the right, all of that is to say that I’ve started doing shots on my left several nights in a row. Is that an option for you? Maybe it is just the angle when you give it on the right side, so do it on your left when you do it and have DH do the right side when he’s home? I’ve had some ladies in know irl say they just draw up a little bit extra bc of the leaking. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• Options
    @MamaK225  I had a Nov 2018 FET. I have been lurking for a long time but have finally decided to come out. My RE had me stop estrace at my 9w4d appointment (1 was taking 2mg 3 times a day). The PIO shots I take at night only and stopping that at 12 weeks. The aspirin has no end date on my paperwork so I'm going to call and ask. 
  • Options
    @purplg8r My hubby gives me the shots every night and I'd say I have had leaking maybe a handful of times. I do immediately press on the spot with a tissue though so I doubt much leaks out.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 11w5d
    Any symptoms? Random nausea that I'm so over.
    Rant/Rave? Yay for shots being done in 2 days. 
    Next appointment? 1/28 first tri screening, 2/1 first OB appointment.
    GTKY: What are some of the things you're not looking forward to in pregnancy? Already hating being on limited activity as I'm usually very active outdoors.
  • Options
    @purplg8r The same thing happens over here at times and I do all of my own shots. The only thing I've done to make this go away is leave the needle in when it's finished purely to get the alcohol wipe ready, to take it out, and immediately apply the wipe with pressure. That keeps it in there. Hope that works for you too! 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    Welp ... this morning was a - near literal - shit show and we totally forgot to do my PIO shot. So I'm going to definitely do the suppository tonight. I did stop the Estrace, though, but am keeping my nightly Benadryl (and may add to it if my allergies kick up again - which is likely with this crazy weather we're having).
    **History in Spoiler**

• Options
    @calee633 is there a complication going on that has you limiting your activity? If not you should be able to do all of the non-contact things you were doing prior to pregnancy. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    @Avrilmai I’m still hurting so much for the 36 hours after that I’m not sure I could do the same side 2 days in a row!

@calee633 I think I need to get quicker with the tissue!

@suzycupcake I’m going to try that tonight!!

i did ask my RE today and she said the placenta should have taken over last week so we’re technically doing these shots just to double up/cover everything so a little bit of leaking is ok
  • Options
    @wabash15 thanks!! (And I love that gif!!)
  • Options
    @wabash15 No complications. My RE says that the progesterone makes the ligaments loose and she's worried that I could get hurt doing activities. My main activities are tennis, hiking, and mountain biking but tennis was what I was most missing doing. Funny story, I asked her if I could walk. She asked me what that meant because she said in her mind walking was from the house to the car and car to the house. I didn't find that too amusing but she was actually serious.
  • Options
    @calee633 I don't know your history but pregnancy allows for increased flexibility in all women, so yes it is possible to push yourself too hard but if you have been doing all of these things pre pregnancy I have not heard of a doctor not telling you to keep it up post pregnancy unless their was an issue. Exercise is good for you. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx