AMA (advanced maternal age)...not really — The Bump
September 2019 Moms

AMA (advanced maternal age)...not really

janesansiblejanesansible member
Eighth Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Love Its Photogenic
edited January 12 in September 2019 Moms
I am 4 weeks today and the baby will be due September 21st. This would be my second child and I am 40!
MsBeachNJleksiLmaserrano714ternsetcklpv415

Re: AMA (advanced maternal age)...not really

• Hi @janesansible welcome! If you haven't already introduced yourself please do. Also, we don't do one-off posts on this board, so perhaps you can change this to a topic that will include more people - such as "AMA (Advanced Maternal Age) Thread"?
    married 11.1.14
    bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone
    due sept 2019

janesansible
  • Hi @janesansible & welcome! I am also, AMA, this will be my second child, and I will be 37 when I'm due! Looking forward to getting to know you & commiserating over our "ancient" status in the maternity world!
    STM - EDD 9/15 - Team Green <3 
    janesansibleleksiLmaserrano714ternsetc
  • Okay will do
    chichiphin
  • hey @janesansible - nice to meet you! I am due the 23rd with my 2nd and will be 38 next month - but I was AMA with my daughter so not worried and glad to have extra coverage for tests, etc. I'm more worried about doing this with a toddler at home haha!
    Me: 37, DH: 35 
    Married Jan 2008 

DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3

Baby #2 EDD 9/23/19

maserrano714ternsetcMsBeachNJ
  • Hellooooo!

I am 37. Will be 38 when baby is due. I was 27 with DS so wondering how different this will be!

also interested to see how much testing is pushed.  i see midwives so maybe it won’t be as much? I’d like to do the serum testing and a nuchal scan and go from there. 
    maserrano714MsBeachNJternsetc
  • Hi, glad to see this AMA thread up & running so quickly! I was AMA w/my previous child at 38 years old. She’s brilliant so I’m not too worried about this one—except definitely expect to feel more tired with a demanding 3-year-old. 
  • I'm AMA as well! I'll be 37 when the baby is due. Also worried about doing all the pregnancy stuff with a toddler at home!  :# 
  • Hi everyone. I'm a FTM and I'm 40 so it's scary. Having people constantly comment on my age and not having kids doesn't help. I'm planning on taking all the recommended tests. Glad to have you all for support.
    keikiloveternsetcMsBeachNJdahliasanddogs
  • Hi! I'm AMA this time around - will be 36 when this baby is due. I can echo being nervous about going through pregnancy with a toddler - he doesn't slow down for the fatigue and nausea, I can only imagine the difficulty hoisting him in and out of his carseat when I'm in the 3rd trimester! Curious what differences there will be in prenatal care.
    maserrano714keikiloveMsBeachNJ
  • @leksiL thanks for the reassurance. I just have to learn how to deal with the comments. My DH is much better at it than me. 
  • Well heck, I just realized I’ll be “advanced maternal age” too. I’ll be 35. I know SO many people that have had children in their late 30’s, so I guess it’s just normal to me! I’m aware of 1 of the tests done for a “geriatric pregnancy” but are there several!? 
    MsBeachNJternsetcmaserrano714
  • @blitzybee At my intake appointment yesterday (phone call with a nurse) she said that the NIPT would be available, and that if nothing cropped up the only other difference coming to mind was I’d be scheduled to come in for non stress tests a couple times a week from week 37 on. I wonder how much it varies by provider.

• @ternsetc good to know! Thank you😊
    ternsetc
  • edited January 18
    I'm an elderly 37 yo and FTM. I'm anxious for NIPT testing to know if my old eggs are broken or not. 
    ternsetcrms924