August 2019 Moms

Pregnancy Announcements

When and how do you plan to share the news with family, friends, and/or social media? (or if you already did, share your story here) Please share any pictures if you are comfortable!

Re: Pregnancy Announcements

• Loading the player...
  • For Hs family we made them shirts that said "aunt4" "grandma4" "papa4" and "grandy4" but like, written like to the 4th power. Because it's our fourth kid. We still haven't told my family. My parents have been a little bit of a shit show lately. So I've kind of been waiting. But they just got good news, and my dad will be home from work this weekend, so I may tell them this weekend. For kid #3 we just were like "bye love you, we're having another baby!" As they were walking out of the door. Lol 
  • hillaryo14hillaryo14 member
    edited January 2019
    My family and close friends already know, but I've been looking on Pinterest for some ideas to use for social media. I want to do something with DD holding a sign with something about being a big sister. I'll probably do that on Valentine's Day . 
    When I told my parents about being pregnant with DD, I had found a picture of a card from the game Mad Gab that someone had modifed. When the person reads it out loud it says 'my daughter's pregnant.' 
    eta complete thoughts lol
  • @drmrsthecounselor That is both creative AND adorable. 

Last year we shared the following photo to announce our son, since it hasn't been that long, we'll probably retake the bottom right photo with the baby on my husband's shoulders and do something similar to this. 
  • I’ll be 12 weeks right around Valentine’s Day, so debating a themed social media post but can’t decide between loving it or thinking it’s way cheesy. Here’s one of many options:

• @dogmomma096 That’s been my debate too! I’m thinking about something along the lines as this. Or maybe just a photo of DD saying she got so much love this Valentine’s Day she decided it was time to share 

Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hubby (who knew I was testing the next day,  but I couldn't wait and tested early): I put "baby X coming summer 2019" in a prayer jar that we pull from every night at dinner.  He rustled it around and dug down to the bottom so I got mad and told him he ruined it 😂

My family: visited at christmas,  so when we were all finally here,  I said to our 16 month old "yay,  we are all here together - let's count the family" (not odd....I count all the time with him) and ended with counting/pointing to my belly. 

In laws: over Skype, 16 month old showed baby doll that was in his Christmas stocking and dh asked "why do you think we got him a baby doll?" And they got it right away.

Friends and work we will just tell as we see them likely once I start showing since that will be our first confirmation that things are going well and baby is growing (although I realized if I ask for my blood work results from last week they will be able to tell me if they could tell the blood type of the baby, meaning growing on track or not) we've had no ultrasounds or betas so other than knowing baby's blood type,  we will have no confirmation that s baby is growing until anatomy scan or I start showing obviously....so trying to figure out when to tell is tricky....

Won't tell social media until after anatomy scan if even then. 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• We told my in-laws the day after my first beta. I had some photos of our embryo and us at the RE’s office. So as they were flipping through the last photo was DH giving a thumbs up next to a +hpt. 
    Our sisters & friends that knew about IVF  were all told via text. 
    I wont do a social media post, So I’ll just tell people as I see them. 
    I plan to tell my dad by asking him if we can restore my childhood dresser “for the baby’s room”. (It’s at his house basically as storage and I’d love for my child to have it) 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Most of my family we just told them verbally.  For FB I am planning to set up my 3 dogs with speech bubbles saying some funny things.  
  • Told DD today. She did not quite get it 😂 but she’ll be pumped when I start getting bigger 

Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We didn’t do a social media announcement last time and probably won’t this time either. 

We aren’t telling our parents until after the genetic counseling appointment and results. So probably 12 weeks. 
  • I went out and bought a shirt for DD that said “Best Sister Ever” and put it on her to let DH know. Confused him for a couple seconds 😂

We reused the shirt for my in-laws. Had it on DD when they came for Christmas Eve. 

For my parents, I wrapped up a tiny little box. On top of the box I wrote “The best presents come in tiny packages.” Both their birthdays are in August, so the message inside the box read “This year your birthdays will be extra sweet...since our family is growing by two little feet!”

We weren’t planning on telling anyone else until at least after the first ultrasound, but a lot of my friends figured it out already! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I know some of us are nearing the end of first tri... anybody have recent announcements (or plans to announce) to share?!
  • Told dhs grandparents last night.  dh said "we are visiting in June instead of July this year,  because BigBadWolf will be too pregnant to fly in July." Apparently they have been wondering when we will have another,  and I'm like,  sheesh, DS is 16 months and it took us that long of trying to get him! I didn't even get my PP cycle back until October,  got ku in November, how fast do you want them?  But figured that was tmi and said nothing :/

Will tell friends next week

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• I found some cute announcements on Pinterest to share on social media on Valentine's day.
  • My bff is due in July so we might do something together— like a current bff’s future bff’s thing or may try to think of something more clever. 
  • So... I didnt take a pic of the present I gave my husband before I gave it to him. 🤦‍♀️

I did take one picture of one of the onesies I gave my MIL and FIL.

We gave ornaments to his best friends.  

And I can surrently working of a valentines themed announcements for the general public. 🤗
  • @newmamakt OMG We are having a baby Terry too! And my initials are KT. More baby Terry's for the world!! 💕
  • All these announcements are making me weepy. I'm crying.  pregnancy is so weird. 

Me 32 <3 H 33
    TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

• @cmessamore - I remember you saying you guys made it out there to take pics for it (and visited the HOF). LOVE IT!! We always make a stop by there whenever we visit my family (hoping to make it up in May before any travel restrictions), and always stop by this Irish pub on the way back out to Hingham (where my family lives).
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Yes!! It was so much fun!! We also let the kids skip school and took them to the parade on Tuesday! #badmomfunmom It was crazy, but fun. Next time you go to the HOF you’ll get to see 6 trophies! :heart: