July 2019 Moms
Options

Cell phones...

I’m a nurse, and I keep my cell in my scrub pocket. A coworker on my floor freaked out and said omg is that where u keep your phone as she pointed to my pocket. She said cell phone near belly can lead to problems etc. I googled it, looks like no definitive research on that. My daughter is fine and I’m pretty sure I had my cell in pocket while I worked. We also use cells for work and that’s in my other pocket. What’s your opinion ladies. 

Re: Cell phones...

• Options
    The world is filled with electronic waves. Think of all the wifi routers sending out waves, radio waves (both radio stations and CBs and stuff), and whatever else is travelling through the air. While your cell is closer to your body, what it emits is minor. If electronic waves are harmful to baby, we'll have to be holed up like the brother in Better Call Saul.

Also, everything will give you cancer, so surely everything is harmful to baby. (Pure sarcasm there.)

• Options
    She totally freaked out on me lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sounds like one of the many unwelcome opinions that are thrown at pregnant women and moms. I'm not sure I would have been able to hold my tongue.

Also, just put 2 and 2 together. You're a nurse! You're working around all sorts of x-rays and other things that are actually harmful to baby. Probably should focus on those things first!

I'm sorry you were accosted in such a manner.
  • Options
    I typically carry my cell around in my back pants pocket, sweater or jacket pocket. My first two turned out fine.

Just unsolicited advice from someone who probably believes a lot of bs. 😂 
  • Options
    Oh man, I was a worry wart my whole first pregnancy. I worried about the waves from the heating pad I used on my butt after progesterone shots. I worried about the waves from the laptop I occasionally set on my lap in bed. My daughter turned out fine!

I know this is anecdotal evidence but my point is, you can drive yourself crazy worrying about every little thing. Just stick to the big stuff that is proven, listen to your doc, and let your body do what it does. That is just my two cents.  
    Pregnancy Ticker