Re: Group 1 Check In (7/1-7/8) w/o 1/7

• Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/7-14w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): peach

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): finding out on 2/4

Upcoming Appointments: 1/23

How are you feeling?: a little better 

Rants/Raves:  none at the moment 

Questions: why do I still feel like crap?

GTKY: What are your hobbies/pastimes?  Working out 
  • @gbud630 With my first I waited until the AS to find out. If I hadn't qualified for NIPT this time I would have waited as well. 20 weeks gets here super fast! But honestly with my first (2013) no one was getting the early testing done (I'm not even sure the same options existed) so I wasn't having to be surrounded by people who already knew way before me. If you want to find out early go for it! For me it helped in trying to start to connect with this pregnancy. Not a ton but a bit. So in my PGAL universe knowing early has been good.
  • @brake09 Ha! I ask myself this question every. single. day.
  • @Panaceia thank you, that is super helpful! And it's true I'm only wanting to go elective since I feel like everyone else due in July knows! I booked the appointment, but we will see what I actually do
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 14W 7/8

Baby is the size of a(n): Peach

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): PINK

Upcoming Appointments: Nothing until 1/24

How are you feeling?: Feeling better... back to school today :( Already ready to go home and take a nap. 

Rants/Raves:  I love winter, I really do, but my drive to school - even with my new studded tires - is a nightmare every day. Between the total lack of streetlights during most of my drive and the other drivers with high beams and the super bright LED or whatever lights I literally cannot see the road. Part of my drive is plowed, part is not, and there is black ice every where. I cannot wait until I am driving in sunlight again :(

Questions: Not today

GTKY: What are your hobbies/pastimes?  I crochet and loom knit and craft. I just started a Corner to Corner Rainbow baby blanket for my mouse :) - with self striping yarn because I am lazy and hate weaving in ends. 
  • @indulgentgypsy, ugh, your drive. So nervewracking! I hope driving home goes better tonight.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 8 / 14 weeks exactly!

Baby is the size of a(n): Peach

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Finding out...we think! And maybe not telling anyone?

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow! Just to go over bloodwork, I think.

How are you feeling?: Like I actually have energy! And the nausea seems much less frequent, so yay!

Rants/Raves: No rants. Raves: Yay to the group for starting the likes and recommendations thread! Also, I told the person I report to last week that I'm pregnant and she was so super supportive, which was a weight off my shoulders. I thought she would be, but there was still that part of me that was unsure. However, my company is really great at putting an emphasis on employee happiness, health, and wellbeing, and being supportive of employees through all big life events (and everyday events, too), and also knowing I have that support throughout my first pregnancy is another weight-off-the-shoulders feeling.

Questions: None that are coming to mind right now.

GTKY: What are your hobbies/pastimes? Traveling (trying to get to all 50 states by the time I'm 50!), baking, working out, and writing.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/7, 14+1 (hello, second trimester!)

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Finding out... 

Upcoming Appointments: None this week.

How are you feeling?: Having a really bad time with post nasal drip... It's causing me more trouble than the nausea ever did. Just connected with my doctor who approved me to take one of the approved allergy meds to try to fight it. 

Rants/Raves: I think I'm making progress on convincing the hubby and MIL that I can do things again. Being babied too much was making me question my ability to be taken seriously as a mother... So I am putting my foot down and being more assertive. 

Questions: I have some concerns about our multi generational and multi cultural household and what that will mean for raising this child. Is anyone else in a similar situation? 

GTKY: What are your hobbies/pastimes? I love walking and hiking and being outside. I am definitely an amateur artist, but I love doodling (I've copyrighted a set of Monster Letters which our July baby may be seeing a lot of!) and working on my painting "skills".  I'm really good at starting craft projects. I am not good at finishing them. 
  • @keebler6elf Not exactly the same situation as SO and I have similar heritage (both our mothers immigrated from the same country, our fathers are from different ones) but we do have a multi generational household. We are with my parents right now and my mom has A LOT of opinions on how to raise DD. When DD was a baby my mom was trying to get me to give her water and put her to sleep on her stomach etc. Nope. If it was a safety concern I put my foot down and got very angry about it. As DD got older I got A LOT of comments on my parenting (and still do) but at least boundaries are respected. It is my parents' house so I try not to argue unless it's something I feel very strongly about. Once we move into our home (when it's finished) my MIL will be living with us. She makes faces when she doesn't like something but never actually says anything. Just remember, it is your child and it is ok to put your foot down when it comes to their care and upbringing. But also remember that there will be times you will have to pick your battles. Don't let safety things be ignored and make sure you don't waver on the important things. But try to remember the comments and suggestions come from a place of love and concern. DD has gotten so much out of the relationship with her grandparents that despite the annoyances it has been a wonderful experience. 
  • @Panaceia Hearing you say that.... I feel better already. I know there will be moments, but you are right about picking the battles and everything coming from a place of love. 

I recall a few things I have seen MIL do with one cousin's baby that I would have spoken up about, but the child's mother just let it happen. For the most part, though, I am concerned about having my authority compromised. I am hoping to peacefully assert my authority as the mother and, as you have found, that the boundaries will be respected. 
  • Baby is the size of a(n): peach! Baby chick!

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Pink. Although suddenly convinced I heard her wrong. 😂😂

Upcoming Appointments: Next week, regular OB Visit

How are you feeling?: Suddenly better! It’s amazing. And my energy came back so I cleaned out my basement. 

Rants/Raves:  I’ve really started telling people. And it has me totally freaked out. Can’t wait to see the babe again next week at the dr.... 

Questions: 

GTKY: What are your hobbies/pastimes?  I am also a free time musician, @rgn12 Studied clarinet and piano but now just play them occasionally. I’m teaching 4yo to play piano and it makes me happy. 

I also knit and crochet.

I have a BA in theatre and it takes up a lot of nights and weekends.... but it’s my job, not a hobby! 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 4, 14+4

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): green!

Upcoming Appointments: February

How are you feeling?: Fine! Which is slightly alarming

Rants/Raves:  I know they mean well but everyone always asking me how I feel. 

Questions: I always think of something after I hit submit

GTKY: What are your hobbies/pastimes?  I love my cat, going to baseball games, and remodeling the house.
    FTM
    July 4th
  • @happyin14 that’s amazing! I love music, even more now that it’s not my career haha (I used to be a middle school band director before grad school to be a therapist). 
  • And the exhaustion set in again now that I swore off caffeine completely. I was having a few high BP readings BEFORE pregnancy and had a high one at my most recent visit. I drank caffeine that day, about an hour before my appointment. I'm avoiding it to try and help with my BP. I have a BP cuff at home and it's been ok since I've cut out caffeine.
    FTM
    July 4th
  •   Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  14 + 2

Baby is the size of a(n): beet

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): PINK <3

Upcoming Appointments: 2nd tri blood draw around 1/21 and my next routine check up 2/11

How are you feeling?: a little better everyday but starting to get lower back pain toward the end of the day, I finally bought a pregnancy pillow for sleep so we'll see if that helps with getting better sleep

Rants/Raves:  I'm just so happy to be eating again and feeling better, I finally craved veggies and I officially have put on 2 lbs so far.

Questions: I started getting some cute clothes for baby girl, it's all second hand but Is it soon? I'm a FTM and it's all just so exciting!!

GTKY: What are your hobbies/pastimes?  I like to snowboard and I'm a Certified Scuba Diver. TWO things I can't do while I'm preggers lol.. so I guess I'll pick up knitting :)

• edited January 2019
    @babyginjuly glad you're feeling better! The pregnancy pillow helped my aches and pains a lot.

I'd hold off on buying clothes, you'll get so many for your shower especially with knowing the gender!
    FTM
    July 4th
  • @jenniferjoy37 so glad to hear ur feeling better!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 4, 14w 6d

Baby is the size of a(n): beet/maple leaf 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): girl!

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow afternoon

How are you feeling?: I thought the nausea was gone; I was wrong. Still need to eat pretty regularly to keep the nausea at bay. 

Rants/Raves:  I had a great weekend out of town with some college friends. I didn’t realize how much I needed it, but since I haven’t really made new friends since we moved last year, it was great to reconnect with some old ones!

Questions: 

GTKY: What are your hobbies/pastimes? I like to run, read, and Netflix my life away. 
  • PanaceiaPanaceia member
    edited January 2019
    @sarahtram2018 I'm a back sleeper too. I recently got a snoogle and it has been my saving grace for hip pain, back pain,  and making sure I stay on my side. My hips are still a disaster at night but so much better than they were!
  • @sarahtram2018 the pregnancy pillow helped my aches and pains so much! Hope you get the same relief.

@jenniferjoy37 I love not knowing! I mentally prepared myself for being team green for years leading up to TTC. And I'd be lying if I also am doing it so people don't buy us ALL THE PINK or ALL THE BLUE things. I've been to baby showers recently where mom barely gets any gifts on the registry and only gets clothes. That's great but the baby needs stuff like a stroller or swing etc.
    FTM
    July 4th
  • edited January 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  July 2nd/15 weeks 

Baby is the size of a(n): orange 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): We were not going to found out, but since it has been so long since our last one, I wanted to be able to effectively prepare, plus I wanted to bond with the baby.  We are on Team BLUE and I have already started shopping!

Upcoming Appointments: Wednesday, July 16th

How are you feeling?: I am exhausted.  We breed and show Bulldogs and we had a litter of eight last Tuesday.  So between feeding all of them and getting no sleep, I am running on empty.  One was born super small at 4 oz and I was working overtime to keep him alive, but sadly he passed today, so I am not only exhausted, but really sad. 

Rants/Raves:  See above.  That is basically my rant.

Questions: 

GTKY: What are your hobbies/pastimes?  I enjoy working out and hanging out with friends/family.  I like doing races and reading (when I have time).  With four kids in different sports and activities, we are super busy getting them from here to there, so not a whole lot of downtime. 
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    edited January 2019
    Sooo, I have a new symptom. Today I was talking to a colleague standing for like ten minutes and after five minutes I started to feel nauseous and kind of that cold sweat feeling like you’re about to pass out. I used to have low blood pressure when I was kind of underweight, so I’ve passed out before and know the feeling. I know dizziness can come in second trimester, but is it supposed to be that intense? If I would have stood for another minute I would have definitely passed out. I have my 16 week appt on 1/22 so I definitely plan to tell them then. Is this something I should be more worried about, or relatively normal?
  • @rgn12 Make sure you're getting enough liquids. I get this and it gets especially bad while pregnant due to very low blood pressure. I make sure I always have liquids and something with protein that I can try to eat if I feel it starting to come on. I'd bring it up with your Dr. at your next appointment. 
  • @xtinecatherine I'm sorry about your puppy ❤
  • @xtinecatherine so sorry to hear about your pup

@rgn12 ask your doctor if adding sodium to your diet and wearing compression stockings would be ok to do
    FTM
    July 4th
  • @panaceia and @firecracker_mama thanks! It may have been because I didn’t eat much sodium today’s AND it had been a few hours since my last meal! 

@xtinecatherine I’m so sorry about your puppy! 
  • @xtinecatherine Oh my goodness. I can’t imagine losing a little puppy. I’m so sorry! 

@rgn12 Take care of yourself girl! That’s so scary! 

@sarahtram2018 The pregnancy pillow saved my butt so many times. It’s amazing! I hope you sleep well tonight! 
  • Est due date weeks/days : July 7/14+2 

baby is the size of a baby chick! 

Team (green, pink, blue, finding out): hopefully finding out at my scan on 2/4 but I have a strong feeling it’s a boy 

upcoming appointments: midwife on January 17th and A/S on feb 4th! 

How are you feeling? Still having nausea while cooking so that’s been rough, tons of food aversions still which is making eating healthy very challenging. Tired and moody. But overall not terrible! 

Rants/raves: I’m almost certain the popping fluttery feeling I’ve been having is the baby moving, it’s hard to remember early movements with my daughter so at first I assumed it was just gas but I’ve started really paying attention to it and I’m confident it’s movement. The other day when I felt it I grabbed my Doppler and sure enough baby was kicking around in there so I’m thinking it can’t be a coincidence. So that’s my rave for the week! 

Quesrions: none this week! 

GTKY hobbies/pastimes: I enjoy doing Zumba, I take a class twice a week but I’ve missed a few weeks due to hubby working overtime and having no one to watch DD. I’m a bookworm, and I usually enjoy baking and cooking, but (see above) that hasn’t been happening lately at all. 
  • babyginjulybabyginjuly member
    edited January 2019
    @xtinecatherine omg he’s so cute! Sorry ur having to deal with his death :(
  • @jenniferjoy37 So glad to hear your PND is getting better! I have my fingers crossed that mine will as well. 

@xtinecatherine I am in tears over your loss... What a sweet little thing. 

@rgn12 Dizziness and feeling lightheaded definitely can happen. I had it hit me in the shower once... I turned the temp down, sat down on the shower floor, and poked me head out of the curtain until it passed. I also has a few times where it hit while I was out shopping. Something about being on my feet and getting overheated and probably a bit dehydrated (for me anyway). I agree with the advice on carrying snacks and something to drink! I wear a fitbit, and I will admit I checked my heart rate obsessively for a while. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 15 weeks, due July 3rd

Baby is the size of a(n): magic eight ball

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Team green

Upcoming Appointments: next Wednesday

How are you feeling?: tired but mostly ok. I’ve been getting random dizzy spells lately, so meeting with my ob to discuss causes and treatment.

Rants/Raves: food aversion is back 🙄 so I’m back to forcing myself to eat. I’ve had some luck with smoothies and shakes so I’ve been making protein shakes and making sure I’m still getting the nutritients I need to keep me and baby healthy.

Questions: none really

GTKY: What are your hobbies/pastimes? I craft and paint a lot. I’m current working on a commission piece that’s taking me longer than I originally thought it would. But it’s really coming together and I’m going to have a hard time parting with it lol
  • Est Due Date / Weeks: 7/5

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Havent found out yet.

Upcoming Appointments: This Friday, monthly appointment.

How are you feeling?: Better than the first trimester. Still have a horrible taste after everything I eat or drink, that's driving me crazy.   

GTKY: What are your hobbies/pastimes?  Making jewelry, I run an Etsy shop. I also like doodlong. I used to scrapbook but fell behind and haven't gone back.