August 2019 Moms

WTF Wednesday 1/2

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
IVF
IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
Back on Levothyroxine
FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
1st Beta on 7dpt 93
2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

Re: WTF Wednesday 1/2

• @moon1417 or a real bra! Ugh! 
  • Loading the player...
  • The lady at my OB told me my first appt was Wednesday, Jan 3rd. I didn't flip my calendar yet, so I showed up this morning at 9a. Noooooooope. She meant Thurs, Jan 3rd. I didn't realize until yesterday, but - of course - couldn't call because of the holiday. And I had a HUGE meeting today I needed to prepare for, so it took a big chunk of time I couldn't really afford. Oh well, I surived! But ... WTF. :smiley:
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• @elizabeth_1985 - That is pretty WTF ... maybe he was just so happy he couldn't contain it any longer? I definitely would have liked to be part of the conversation.
    **History in Spoiler**
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Someone at work stole one of my protein cookies. NBD, but I'm fairly annoyed.
  • WTF is the point of work today, anyway? Its the Monday-est Wednesday ever and I'm super over it. 
  • @deecherise - RUUUUUUUUUUUDE! Where do you get these protein cookies? I feel I need this in my life. I have a hard time getting 125g every day and I think this would help. Do you make them or purchase? TIA! Also, next time, label it as a lactation cookie ... no one ever used to touch any of mine ;) #clearlynotforyou

@ash0625 - I feel ya. I will say, though, I'm super pumped about Friday only being two days away. I HATE year-end. I'm still trying to finish 2018 stuff and 2019 is screaming for my attention.

Just thought of another! As per usual, my jack@ss neighbors LOOOOOOOOVE fireworks - #becauseMurica - and it always causes me stress because they shoot them off basically the WEEK of Jan 1st and July 4th, so I don't get much sleep those weeks between trying to keep my toddler from being awakened and my poor dog thinking it's the apocalypse. WTF, people. Now I know why cops question neighbors after SOs when things go down. :|
    **History in Spoiler**

• @MamaK225 His mom is planning an out-of-state trip for the entire family the last week of July. So...He wanted to let them know we couldn't go. So, I understand. But, I was only out of the house 3 hours that day, so could have been on the phone as well.
  • @elizabeth_1985 That is super strange.  I personally would love for DH to deliver the news to his parents outside of my presence, but we definitely would have to have a conversation about that beforehand.
  • We told my mom early because we needed help with the MS with strict "we are keeping it under wraps" conversation. She and her H both slipped yesterday at a HUGE family function & almost gave us away twice. I'm PGAL and 0% ok with sharing this early. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @MamaK225 I loathe fireworks. I would have to move. Lol. 

• @WinchesterGirl sorry you had to deal with that. Unfortunately, this is something I can see my parents doing since they kinda told me about my sister's 2nd kiddo before she actually shared the news with me.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • jmesue1030jmesue1030 member
    edited January 2019
    Also WTF to my DS waking up and not going back to sleep at 5AM this morning. The nausea is terrible in the mornings for me and the more rest I can get the better. It was an especially rough morning and I’m really dragging now. 

Edited because I accidentally submitted mid sentence 
  • @MamaK225 I got them from Walmart because I'm having trouble keeping most foods down. Taste isn't an A+, but they do the job during the work day. Pic below:

• Anything remotely healthy sounds like garbage to
    me, but Taco Bell was my jam tonight. WTF? #muchhealthy #sonutrition #wow
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

• @deecherise I was having some luck with Bolthouse Farms chocolate protein shakes, but this little nugget has decided that those are now bullsh*** and I can’t keep them down anymore 😖😖😖

• @runningisrad there seems to be no rhyme or reason with this bean either. The chocolate chips in the protein cookies I posted are fine, but actually delicious chocolate? NOPE.   Dole orange juice is fantastic, but off-brand OJ from Target? Hell naw. 

I'm working late again and ordering ramen from the local Japanese place for the second night in a row because it is mostly chicken broth and ginger veggies, and that was fine last night. Will it work tonight? Stay tuned...
  • @deecherise omg that sounds soooo good. 

• @runningisrad it was good! Just as tasty as last night, and I was actually able to eat more of it this time! Jury is out on if I'll keep it down all night, but I have a good feeling 😊
  • @deecherise wow. Now I want a cookie. I give you credit for that .I haven't wanted to eat anything in 2 weeks! Haha.

@moon1417 I agree 10,000%!!! Pants are overrated. I get supper annoyed the last few days if I'm expected to take my comfy pants off to wear "real" pants. Pfft. My goal is to not wear real pants for the rest of the week.

Wtf is wrong with the weather here? It was -45C for several days. Now tomorrow is supposed to be +1. Maybe mother nature is as hormonal as me?
  • lapizsklapizsk member
    edited January 2019
    @deecherise so far I've been blessed with little nausea, but instead I have the constipation nasty. Sigh.

My little one has made it so I have zero interest in anything chocolate flavored, nothing fried and apparently I now hate bbq ribs and bbq sauce. Orange juice is liquid gold, and salty chips/pretzels are my to go snack. My biggest craving is soup, all the soups... and caesar salads with lots of fresh parmesan cheese.

Today for lunch my husband got philly cheesesteak from my favorite restaurant. It tasted bland. :( Food disappointment is awful.

Edit: oh yea, greasy food = nausea for the entire day.