July 2019 Moms

Symptoms of the week 12/31

How is everyone feeling this week?

Re: Symptoms of the week 12/31

• The nausea is still there, but the puking has lessened significantly!! Also, my coffee aversion is gone and i could cry tears of joy 😂. I only ever drink a cup a day, but man was I missing that morning coffee!! 

With my first two pregnancies, these symptoms didn’t lessen until 16 weeks, so I’m pretty excited that just maybe, I might feel better before then! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Same with the nausea, it’s still there and I still puke a couple times per week. I have also been starting to get these horrible headaches that don’t let up without a Tylenol. I have been sleeping for 2-3 hours in the afternoon during this holiday vacation and I am dreading returning to work this week because it’s goodbye naps. I wish I had more positive things to say, but today is a really bad day symptom wise so I’m really just distraught right now.
  • Loading the player...
  • @julybaybay I've been getting headaches too. I remember them from last time and they didn't let up either. This time I'm just drinking more water when I get them. Luckily last night's went away with sleep. 

@nolemomma14 Do you find you're more sensitive to the caffeine now? I got a serious hankering for a cappuccino this morning and ordered an 8oz decaf at the coffee shop near my house. I was seriously WIRED. I moved to decaf in the spring and quit completely a few months ago but it seems like I can't even go back to decaf now. 
  • @mamanbebe I haven’t noticed a difference, but this weekend was the first time I’ve had coffee probably since about week 6 or so. my coffees are also a lot of cream and some sugar lol. 

@julybaybay I’ve had headaches as well. Don’t remember them with previous pregnancies though. At first I thought it was because I stopped drinking coffee, then maybe thought my contacts were bothering me, so wore my glasses for a while. Still have them though. I think mine are due to dehydration. I’ve been able to keep water down much better than a few weeks ago, so really hope that upping my water intake helps. I plan on mentioning it to my dr at my next visit though 
  • I got off the progesterone suppositories last Friday, and felt AMAZING for a week straight. Not 100%, but pretty damn close.

Then Friday night, it all came back, and I puked and felt like crap again, and still do. I thought I was done  :(, but it's all back, the taste in the mouth, the nausea, the puking, the general s****y feeling...

At least my body waited ALLLLL day yesterday, including through a flight home from seeing the family, until I got to my house at 10:30 p.m. to puke, and it even let me keep some food down.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Almost 12 weeks and still puking every. Single. Day. 

Also ive been having random outbursts of me blacking out (but not passing out) can’t see or hear anything. I shake uncontrollably and my brain does not connect to my body. I’ll be telling myself to hold on to my phone or to find something to hold on to so I don’t fall down but I’ll drop my phone or knock everything over because I can’t control my movements. It lasts for 15-30 seconds and it’s terrifying. It’s happened 3-4 times so I’m definitely calling my doctor when they open. 
  • @bartonolivia On the blacking out.. you might need to take extra iron? I have that issue too and with my last pregnancy my OB had me get on slow-release iron to help with it. Now that I take an iron supplement I blackout less but I am still week and shaky when I first stand up. 
  • @mamanbebe that’s what everyone is saying but I don’t think anyone really understands what’s actually happening. Like I’m not passing out (I passed out a TON with my first 2 pregnancies) I don’t get like hot and dizzy before these. It’s extremely random, no warning. It just happens super suddenly. The closest thing I can compare it to is a seizure really. That’s why I’m so scared. I was talking to my family about it and my aunt said that my grandma had issues with seizures during pregnancy and it really made me think. 
  • Nauseous, constipated, bloated, and still so tired. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @bartonolivia it could be different for sure. There is also something called orthostatic hypotension too where when you get up your blood vessels cannot pump hard enough to keep blood moving through your upper body and you can have temp loss of vision. 
  • Better, but nausea can come and go. Still taking unisom. I’m still exhausted most of the time, and I’ve noticed a few headaches recently. Some mild cramping and back pain. Acne was kind of getting better, but I woke up with a new angry friend this morning.  Overall, better than before! I hope it sticks!

13 weeks today! 
  • @bartonolivia oh no! I hope you find out what’s going on!
  • @bartonolivia I know exactly what you're talking about. It's happens to me too. A few times over the years I didn't have anything to hold onto and literally hit the ground. But the shaking is bizarre...zero control over my body. I notice it comes around most when I'm dieting... but now it's kind of back and I'm not dieting... I didn't even think to mention it to my doctor because it has been happening my whole life. 
  • @bear14+ I didn’t have this issue at all when I was dieting. Well I wasn’t really dieting, just eating Whole Foods and counting calories. It happened the day I found out I was pregnant and I was getting plenty of nutrients I needed and it happened before the morning sickness started so it just doesn’t seem like it’s food related! It has only happened to me since I’ve been pregnant and it’s sooo weird! I’m definitely going to mention it to my doctor bc if it is seizures it can hurt the baby apparently and that scares me. 
  • My nausea and throwing up is getting so much better, thank the universe!! I still am not a fan of super smelly food or intense flavors but I’m at least starting to not eat like a 5 year old anymore.

The constipation is REAL, though. I only have a BM once every three-ish days and it never feels like it’s a fully satisfying and complete one (sorry if TMI).

I’m still pretty damn sleepy and have been taking naps every day during this holiday break. Like @julybaybay I’m not thrilled about returning to work and going without naps.

Also like @mamanbebe I can handle occasional caffeine again and I got a tiny iced cappuccino yesterday and was positively buzzing!! I was like HOLY HELL! There is my energy again!!! Weeeeee!!! But then the come down was hard. Womp womp.

@bartonolivia I’m so sorry you’re experiencing that!! I hope it gets sorted out ASAP!!
  • Still so so nauseous. All movement makes me sick. Car rides are horrible as is scrolling on my phone:/ Also my blood pressure has gotten stupidly low (I had this with DD so I know the drill...but it makes everything a little harder).

@bartonolivia I'm sorry you are experiencing this. Have you had your blood pressure checked? Some of this sounds like side effects I get during pregnancy with low blood pressure. Yours sounds much more severe than mine though. Definitely a good idea to talk to your doctor so that if it is something they can manage that they start doing so sooner rather than later.
  • I had this death stomach bug that I picked up from littlest DS.  Thankfully that is gone and I am back to feeling like a normal person.  For the most part, things have been looking up the past week or so.  Bathroom issues are there and I feel like it takes four trips to the bathroom in a day to get it all out on the back end.  My sinuses are nonstop going and have been since before I knew I was expecting. 
  • @Panaceia yes! It was normal at the doctor and my moms a nurse and came over and checked too. It’s all normal. As well as all of my bloodwork. It’s so I really have no idea lol 
  • Nausea seems to have really subsided. I have pretty significant indigestion like I did with my daughter- thank God for tums! Chocolate milk with crushed ice is my big craving at the moment.
  • Still occasionally queasy and avoiding acidic foods, still tired, still burping like crazy. But finally a positive symptom: my boobs look great! Fuller, perkier, and shiny. I look like I had work done :D too bad I still have no sex drive...
  • I’m finally not throwing up EVERY day just occasionally now. So I’ll take that as a positive. Still somewhat nauseous in the morning but not nearly as bad as it’s been. I’m still exhausted. Like others said, going back to work on Wednesday is not going to be fun since I’m used to my afternoon naps now 😂 I’m starting to get horrible headaches the last few days. At first I thought it might be because I’m dehydrated but I’ve been downing water like no other and they are still there. So it looks like I’m trading in throwing up for headaches 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • @nopegoat that is hilarious!  Reminds me of when I was sick, the first thing I could stomach was saltine crackers and I ate them lying on the couch.  When I finally felt human enough to take a shower, I found a ridiculous amount of crumbs in my bra.  
  • @bartonolivia I'm glad to hear your mom's a nurse so you at least have someone who can check in on you. I hope you can get in to see a doctor soon. If it is pregnancy induced seizures is there something you can take to help stop them?
  • Haha @nopegoat ! This was me at MIL's last week. I thought I was being sneaky eating cookies without anyone seeing me...then I stood up and just showered cookie crumbs all over the place!
  • Much like I feared, my dear family brought the plague to our house. DH and I are both sick and we're both babies when we're sick. It was rough getting our ashes out of bed to go to work this morning. 

Pregnancy-wise, I'm still exhausted and no matter how hard I try, I can't take a freaking nap. It's been bed for me about 8:30 every night recently and I'm still dragging when I get up. 
  • Ughhh note to self, peppermint bark is a no-go during this pregnancy. Major acid reflux. 🤢
  • I am so glad I'm not the only one on a donut binge!
  • My boobs are soooo sore. And firm. And like stabbing pains!!!! I don’t know what happened, but I’ve like went up another cup size over night. My husband’s comment today was “good god.” (In a good way I think 😂)
  • @cindler I’m the same with sleeping. Sooo sleepy 😴
  • Only nauseous occasionally now, thank goodness! Super bloated and still so tired. Kind of itchy... can't tell yet if it's in my head or if it's the dreaded cholestasis itch. This is around the time it started with my second pregnancy.
    @nolemomma14 I also have a coffee aversion this time. I'm so depressed I've completely missed out on chestnut praline season!! 
  • So glad the nausea has subsided significantly and I feel human again. Praying for those on here that are still vomiting. No one seems to really understand how awful this makes you feel.
    Still not craving any foods and still have nasty taste in my mouth. 
    Getting some bursts of energy but am still just plain tires.
    Nose bleeds and this cough/cold are no fun!
  • My body tricked me. The puking came back in full force yesterday 😢. I knew it was too good to be true 
  • @nolemomma14 I thought mine was done when I had 3 good days over Xmas. But now if someone even mentions a food I have an aversions  to it sends me running to the nearest bathroom. Definitely worse than before:/
  • This is my 3rd pregnancy and will be my 3rd c section, anyone else feel pressure around your incision site? I don’t remember this with my previous pregnancy! 
  • @nopegoat All the giggles, my family is looking at me fjnny.

@cindler @rgn12 Still constantly exhausted here too.

Nausea has completely subsided, which I am grateful for as I'm on my third viral illness in four weeks. 😷 Hard to tell what's me being sick and what's the pregnancy. I am decently but not ravagingly hungry, enough that I know I'm pregnant because I'm eating a higher amount of calories but not gaining weight (thank you preg gods). 

Anyone else having sciatica flare-ups yet?
  • 13wks today, haven't puked in probably 2 almost 3wks. Woke up this morning feeling like death. Super nauseous and dizzy and have now puked twice. Blah. So blah.

@foodislove I have but I feel like my sciatica never fully went away from my last pregnancy. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙