Group 3 (Aug 15th-23rd) Checkin: w/o 12/30

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your New Year resolution?
People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
IVF
IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
Back on Levothyroxine
FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
1st Beta on 7dpt 93
2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

Re: Group 3 (Aug 15th-23rd) Checkin: w/o 12/30

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Aug 16 / 7w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): Altoid

Upcoming Appointments: Jan 10 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good! At this point with my first I had pretty bad MS. I just occasionally gag now. Sore boobs, tired and forever hungry (but nothing ever sounds good)!

Rants/Raves: 
    Rants: I’m over everyone in my household being sick. Seriously - it doesn’t stop. Also (in)patiently waiting my first OB appt...
    Raves: I had so much energy to clean today. I cleaned for hours 😌

Questions: N/A

To be more money savvy. Especially since we’ll have 2 babes in 2019. I love to online shop 🙈 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/19 7 weeks today

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry

Upcoming Appointments: 1/4! I’m equal parts excited and terrified 

How are you feeling?: nauseous, especially first thing in the morning, tired all the time, emotional, very emotional

Rants/Raves: Questions: I want to get back to working out but I. Just. Can’t. Right now.

GTKY: What is your New Year resolution? Stealing from @aeubanks9 I also want to be better with spending. We have been sticking to a budget the last two months and I actually really enjoy it. We need to save for my maternity leave and childcare for 2 ugh 
  • Loading the player...
  • @parrothead78 Having everyone at home sick is the worst! Hopefully it doesn't spread to you and they all recover soon!

@jmesue1030 I know everyone says this, but childcare costs are insane! GL to you on your new budgeting plan!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    August 22 / 6w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): As tall as a Reese's cup / between a sweet pea and a blueberry

Upcoming Appointments: First US on Thursday (1/3)

How are you feeling?: Like Pukey Ms. Pukerson. Nausea set in over the weekend and wakes me up in the middle of the night sick. So far sea bands are helping a bit. Also so tired!

Rants/Raves: 
    Rant: *TW loss* My mother keeps recounting her losses to me and I am so over it. Not that her experience isn't valued and I know she and my Dad went through a lot, but don't talk to an anxious woman who recently found out she was finally pregnant about your late pregnancy losses. *TW over*
    Rave: My sister sent me my dream WildBird ring sling after we told her during the holidays. I'm in love!

Questions: Is anyone else planning on doing the genetic screening at 10 weeks? 

GTKY: What is your New Year resolution? To cook at home more. DH and I both commute to work and have a horrible habit of going out to eat because we're tired and it's late by the time we get home. Also to read more.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/23, 6+3

Baby is the size of a(n): chocolate chip

Upcoming Appointments: ultrasound and first OB appt will be 1/16

How are you feeling?: Awful. I can't keep my eyes open if I'm sitting down, no matter how much sleep I get. And I'm so nauseous all the time. Tons of RLP too.

Rants/Raves: decaf decaf decaf... I DON'T WANT DECAF! CAFFEINE IS FINE! 😠😠😠

Questions: None atm

GTKY: What is your New Year resolution? Another money resolution. Now that I don't have an income, we need to find about $350-400 per month in order to be comfortable.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7 weeks

Upcoming Appointments: 1/7 for my first appt and US. 

How are you feeling?: Hungover all the time. Lazy. 

Rants/Raves: I feel like I'm huge already. Im at the same weight I was when i delivered my second kid. Lost it all then gained it back since my heart condition diagnosis. Due to that, I already am uncomfortable. Also some people at work are staring at my belly when talking to me. I wanna say I'm just fat but don't say anything. Raves...dh has stepped up a lot. 

Questions: none

GTKY: What is your New Year resolution? Work out as much as allowed. Eat better and feed my family better. Be more positive and be more present. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Aug 16 / 7w 3d

Upcoming Appointments: first ultrasound at the RE on Thursday 1/3

How are you feeling?: mainly super tired, but yesterday I had some late afternoon nausea and was like noooooo I hope this isn’t the start of a THING

Rants/Raves: Ha @vvitchhazel I am absolutely not having decaf. This pregnancy I’m keeping coffee even in the 1st tri. 

I have the dumbest of rants: I really don’t like the August birthstone (I’m an August birthday myself). I never thought I’d care about this stuff but I’ve really enjoyed the emeralds of my May baby! I hope baby #2 won’t feel neglected in the absence of peridot jewelry, look baby your mom is just shallow 

Questions: not at the moment, but @oklahomak yes I will be doing NIPT as soon as I can. I’m 36, and this pregnancy was an unassisted surprise after years of IF, so I want to keep a close eye on things. 

GTKY: What is your New Year resolution? I’m not making any explicit ones this year after I failed spectacularly at last year’s. I had intended to become one of those people with zero notifications on their apps, in particular bringing my email inbox and unread text messages to zero. Instead I reached the end of 2018 with (checks homescreen) 25,244 unread emails and 245 unread texts. (I mean I glance at them and always have a general sense from the preview, but I haven’t cleaned things up like I intended!)
  • @sourlemon I think it can be so hard to adjust to our changing bodies.... weight gain/loss/changing shape. I know I really struggled with loving my body post kids. and with my singleton I gained nearly as much as I did with my twins. I am hoping to reign that in this time around. Know you are beautiful and that your body is in the middle of doing something amazing so its ok to give yourself a little grace. 
    @cato99 for a second I was wondering what the august birthstone was... well I guess its better than april (the diamond)... my april babies are not getting diamonds from me until their adults... or maybe ever  :D good luck with your US this week!
    @oklahomak hugs, I'm sorry your mom is sharing that with you. It is absolutely not helpful. I know its hard to block out but you are not her... and hopefully this pregnancy will be smooth sailing. Have you tried adding B6? or taking your PNV at night? those can help some with the nausea. 

AFM: US on wednesday... I am so darn ansty. The bloat/lack of pooping has set in and by the afternoon I look pregnant... I even broke out the maternity pants this weekend because I could not even stomach the thought of squeezing into freshly washed jeans until they stretched out. I am also terrible at resolutions...
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/21; 6w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): the post of an earring. Yesterday it was the height of a peanut butter cup. Pretty sure The Bump is drunk because those are just weird...

Upcoming Appointments: ultrasound at the RE on Wednesday (1/2). We’re appointment  twins! @wabash15 My nausea hasn’t  been as bad this week so I’m nervous...but I’d be nervous regardless because pregnancy is nerve wracking for me. 

How are you feeling?: nervous. Nauseous on and off. Boobs hurt. Am a giant slug. Plus I’ve been waking up for a couple hours in the middle of the night for no good reason. 

Rants/Raves: DH has been awesome about picking up all the slack around the house. My SIL’s dad has been in the hospital for almost a month with sudden, serious health problems and has almost no short term memory anymore. It’s just heartbreaking. I’m ready for 2018 to GTFO. 

Questions:

GTKY: What is your New Year resolution? To start exercising again—I was awesome about getting up every morning before work but the nausea/exhaustion/winter break trifecta has really derailed me. 

@oklahomak I can’t believe your mom keeps doing that! Because pregnancy isn’t terrifying and anxiety ridden enough...I’m so sorry!! I did NIPT blood tests with DD and will repeat with this pregnancy—it made me feel somewhat calmer knowing that she didn’t have a fatal trisomy. 

@cato99 my birthday is August 20th and agree peridot is pretty much the lamest birthstone there is. 

@vvitchhazel I would totally drink caffeinated coffee if it didn’t make me gag right now. I almost punched DH for having some in the car on Friday. 
  • @mwmiller4 good luck on Wednesday appointment buddy. waxing and waning symptoms can mess with you... ugg I hate the worry of the first tri
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @cato99 I hear you on the birthstone. I always wanted to get a second wedding band with birthstones instead of diamonds, but DD is garnet and I do not red and green. Have you looked at the Sardonyx? I much prefer that 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/21 6w5d

Upcoming Appointments: 1/10 for a dating ultrasound. I’m so anxious for it. I feel like I can’t really prepare for this pregnancy until I’ve seen a heartbeat 

How are you feeling?: So tired and queasy. Not quite nauseous yet, but definitely queasy. 

Rants/Raves: Rave: I worked out today and had a salad! Rant: I feel so big after the holidays. I’m glad I have 10 days to settle my body down until I get weighed at my appointment.

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your New Year resolution? I don’t really make resolutions, but I do need to be mindful of spending and watch my budget a lot more now that the holidays are over. Also, I hope to keep working out and eating balanced.
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @cato99 I tried going without it yesterday and I was in tears by 4 pm. I didn't want coffee at that point, so I broke one of DH's caffeine pills in half and swallowed it down with a small glass of Diet Coke. Totally turned my day around. (Total of about 145 mg of caffeine.)

@mwmiller4 Have you tried Water Joe? It's caffeinated bottled water... Totally tasteless!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • purplg8rpurplg8r member
    edited January 2019
    @parrothead78 I wish I had energy to clean—or rather, the motivation.   I hate cleaning!

@jmesue1030 I need to get better at saving too!

@oklahomak yeah, that kinda rough of your mom. I’d kindly mention to her how it’s not helping things!

@vvitchhazel we’re due date twins!

@sourlemon hopefully 1/7 comes quickly for you!

@cato99 tomorrow!! So exciting!

@wabash15 @mwmiller4 how did your appts go?

@EmilyA724 I’m jealous you were able to workout today!  I’m still not allowed to run again yet 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/23 6w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): as big as the back of an earring. 

Upcoming Appointments: had my first ultrasound today. Baby is measuring 6w6d (1 day ahead) and heart rate is 128. I have another ultrasound next Wednesday 

How are you feeling?: good. Still really no symptoms. 

Rants/Raves: the whole no symptoms thing.  Rant because I don’t FEEL pregnant so it’s hard for me to believe but Rave because I do not want morning sickness 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your New Year resolution? I don’t do resolutions 
  • @purplg8r Thanks for checking lady!  It went well. baby was measuring ahead by 3 days from my measurements so the MW and I compromised on a new EDD ( then wanted to go off of LMP which wasn't right).  So now my EDD is 8/15 making me 7+6. The only reason I care is I want another VBAC and folks get twichy if you go beyond 40 weeks and absolutely not 41 weeks with a VBAC. Since I went 40+3 with DD2 every day counts at the end!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Aug 19/ 7w 2d

Baby is the size of a(n): Brookesia Micra chameleon

Upcoming Appointments: Jan 8th

How are you feeling?: Still sick with this cough. Maybe it's getting better though?

Rants/Raves: nothing really

Questions: none

GTKY: What is your New Year resolution?: I don't really make resolutions.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/18 (7w 3d)

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry!

Upcoming Appointments: Had one today, just blood work and routine things, DYING to hear the baby's heartbeat  :#

How are you feeling?: Anxious above all, just want to be sure that baby is here + here to stay

Rants/Raves: I really wished my doctor would've let me hear the heartbeat today  :(

Questions: Is 9w 3d okay for a first ultrasound?

GTKY: What is your New Year resolution? Have a baby  :D 
  • I feel the same way about not preparing until I hear a heartbeat 
  • @Mrspeanuthead yes, 9 weeks isn’t unusual. My office does any time between 8-12 weeks for the first US. My original first appointment was at 11 weeks but because I’m PGAL and a hot mess of anxiety they agreed to see me earlier. I now go in for my first appointment tomorrow at 7w4d.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/20... 7+2

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry

Upcoming Appointments: u/s next Wednesday

How are you feeling?: Anxious for u/s next week. I had spotting for about 3 days around Christmas. 

Rants/Raves: Sick of being sick with this cold/sinus crap.

Questions: Nope. 

GTKY: What is your New Year resolution? Didn't make one. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    7 weeks 
    Baby is the size of a(n):
    Blueberry 
    Upcoming Appointments:
    Jan 11th
    How are you feeling?:
    Nauseous, tired, lightheaded
    Rants/Raves: 
    Twins run in my family (my mom is a twin) consequently my biggest fear is having twins. My MIL knows this but and won't stop talking about how she thinks it is twins and how I am already so big that there is no way it's just one baby. Its driving me insane. Where I live we only get one ultrasound at 20 weeks so I won't know until then. I don't think I can take another 13 weeks of twin talk.
    Questions: 
    Nope
    Buy a house and have a baby. 
  • @mrsrebeccacampbell noooooo! That is so rude!! Especially to be commenting that she thinks that because of your size. I would have your DH tell her to knock it off.
  • @mrsrebeccacampbell They won't do a US earlier if you suspect twins? I would think they would want to know that earlier.
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mrsrebeccacampbell just tell her your uterus even with twins is not above the pelvis yet so its just gas/shit and bloat that she is commenting on.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @EmilyA724 I am considered low risk so the only way would be if I am measuring large and even with that its still not for sure lots of people don't find out its twins until the anatomy scan here. I live in the poor part of canada we don't get much for prenatal care unfortunately. 
    @jmesue1030 I have told her no twin comments many times she does not listen I did tell DH she needs to stop hopefully it will help.