Preggo Noms, 12.28.18

deecherisedeecherise member
edited December 2018 in August 2019 Moms
Sorry ladies, it's been a rough week.

What's been on your menu lately?

Any new cravings/aversions?

Any recipes/food prep tips to share?

Re: Preggo Noms, 12.28.18

• I'm not huge on fast food (especially with a food allergy little) but Taco Bell's Chicken Power Bowl is ah-mazing. I think I'm going to try to make a copy cat version at home. 

Otherwise, I am obsessed with my instapot. Less dishes to clean up and it doesnt take long. But this week I've been eating Christmas left overs almost every day. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I want all the salt. Pretzels, chips...Also, sub sandwiches. (Previous two pregnancies, I ate all the ice cream and had girls. Maybe this one is a boy!)

Adversion to the smell of coffee. My husband made soup and spent a lot of time on it. Also a no-go for me. 
  • All I want to eat is bread. Alll the bread and Gouda or beemster cheese. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• I'm so happy to hear that I'm not the only one on the bread/cheese/salty things train! PIZZA IS LYFE.

Also @elizabeth_1985 I am also having a strong aversion to coffee smells, which is funny because I was a coffee junkie prior to this pregnancy.
  • Menu lately hasn't been much. Second pregnancy and I forgot how much my appetite drops in the first trimester. Just try to be mindful so that I get enough protein and fats in a day.

No notable cravings or aversions as of yet, maybe preferring sour (see: Now & Laters or feta) or acidic things, but it's hard to tell if that's just me or the pregnancy. I'm thinking something will pop up in a week or so.

Current recurring thing: hot chocolate. I bought an awesome variety pack that has candy bar inspired hot chocolates: Tootsie Rolls, Charleston Chews (vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry), Junior Mints, and Sugar Babies. And only 60 calories and 12g sugar a pop. #winning
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• What's been on your menu lately? Everything.  I feel awful, then eat, and then feel worse.  Breakfast sandwiches have been big in the mornings.  Last pregnancy I needed all the carbs, this time I feel like I need more protein.  Chick fil a nuggets with buffalo sauce yesterday was probably my favorite meal this week.

Any new cravings/aversions?  We made lasagna for Christmas Eve and the thought of it just completely disgusted me.  

Any recipes/food prep tips to share? Maybe once I get into second tri I'll eat like a normal person again and have something to share. 
  • Basically anything unhealthy. Broccoli made me sick. Coffee is needed but only half a cup before that makes me sick. The only thing that seems to help is lemon water. Same as the last 2 pregnancies. I'm over it and have so far to go.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• this kid wants cheesy eggs... and has an aversion to sweets.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• I'm mostly struggling with keeping liquids down right now. What are y'all drinking right now? 

Water makes me sick, Gatorade tastes too sugary, & Sprite/ginger ale are leaving a metallic taste in my mouth. I'm at a loss. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • I'm also having issues with the gross metallic taste, especially after I eat anything sweet. However, I'm loving apples lately and they don't seem to bother me as much as most foods.
  • @WinchesterGirl have you tried orange juice? That's been my go-to as of late.
  • Milk .. I cannot drink enough milk And salty/citrus/vinegar foods ... pickles , limes, etc Basically I have a three hour window to eat .. I’m terribly sick before and after

sweets are ano go and meat is disgusting right now 

image imageimage 

September Siggy Challenge : Favorite Childhood Movies ( Sorry I have two)

• @WinchesterGirl lemon water is about the only thing that doesn't taste awful right now. Sometimes it needs to be cold and other times room temp. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• I currently just want everything carby and as bland as can be

No two days are the same in the cravings department, I want this today,and then can't stand it tomorrow

Major aversions: meat, haven't had any in over 2 weeks and just can't stand the thought.. also having a love-hate relationship with eggs

Can't wait to actually enjoy a meal when this phase is through
  • @deecherise I used to love coffee as well. Nobody at work knows I'm pregnant yet and a co-worker dropped coffee off in my office. That was rough.
  • @WinchesterGirl pickle juice (small sips) has been helping with the metallic taste.

i don’t want anything. I am so sick it’s insane. And I know it’s going to get worse and I am barely surviving. Yesterday I felt better and had drunken noodles, my fave Thai food, and even that wasn’t that good to me. 

Im so over this. And I have so much further to go. 
  • I just caved and ordered a torta + tacos from the local hole-in-the-wall Mexican/Mediterranean  fusion restaurant. I'll probably regret it in an hour or so, but right now? BEST DECISION EVER.
  • @WinchesterGirl Carbonated water? 

Coconut water and water is really all I’ve been drinking but that’s usual for me. Cranberry juice became a thing for a few days earlier this week which never happens. Oh and a banana milkshake sounded good at 9am on the 23rd. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• I'm having serious inner conflict everyday because I'm gluten and dairy free but all I want is a big juicy grilled cheese sandwich. :/ 
    When I can't stomach anything else, orange and passionfruit juice with plain potato chips seems to work. :) 
  • @database6

Me, too x100000. Only thing I want is bread, pasta and pizza and I typically don't eat these things! Send help!
  • I've started this new thing. Put a tray of tatter tots in the toaster for about 15 minutes, then top with a shredded mix of cheddar and mozzarella and put back in for another 5. Transfer to bowl and devour. The tots fall apart and the cheese gets all stringy, and it's just so good! Probably pretty unhealthy...
  • @mrosek91 that sounds magical....I wish I wanted any sort of food today
  • I am loving cereal, specifically chex, Rice Krispies, and Cinnamon Toast Crunch mixed. It is perfect for my morning queasiness. Also, poached egg with a half piece of croissant bread from Trader Joe’s. 

The thought of soup, specifically potato soup, makes me want to run straight for the bathroom. And of course I keep thinking about it too. I can’t get it out of my head.

Yesterday I had a huge craving for lettuce, carrots, and ranch. It tasted so good. 
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Food and I are not friends right now. But fries, bread, and pickles aren't so bad. 
  • I am so Fing happy that there has been no aversion to hot sauce. Just puttin that out there...
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• Has anyone tried Kodiak cakes? The high protein muffins and pancakes seem really intriguing, but I’m nervous it’s gokng to taste like puffed up cardboard. 
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @EmilyA724 I don't love Kodiak cakes. They're just ok in my opinion. However, if you are already all whole wheat everything they might be ok? I personally aim more for sprouted things than "whole grain" only, and the texture was a bit off for me. 
  • Nothing sounds good, at all. I thought I would be wanting to eat everything not nothing. I'm worried I'm not eating enough of the right foods. Hope this feeling goes away! 
  • The past 3 weeks or so I’ve only wanted carbs - cereal, pita chips, cinnamon raisin bagels - but today was the first day I ate three totally normal meals (plus some rice cakes and pita chips as snacks), so I’m giving myself a pat on the back. I’ve been feeling a little better each day this last week, so I’m hoping this is a good sign. Just hit the 8wk mark today 🤯

@deecherise I saw in another thread you posted about those Lenny & Larry cookies!!! I need to remember to buy some next week. For some reason I had it in my head that protein snacks/protein powder was a no-no, so glad that’s not the case!
  • I had a spicy chicken sandwich last night and it broke my brain, it was so delicious. That is the only thing I've eaten in 3-4 days that was actually good; most things are just blah right now. 
  • I want McChicken's so bad. Like, they're all I can think about during lunchtime. Of course, I'm not gonna pack my kids up to run to McDonald's... But only because I just drowned plain ramen noodles in Sriracha and peanut butter and I'm too full for a McChicken now.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have been craving an original chicken sandwich from Burger King with the lettuce and mayo for weeks. I've tried to have substitutes, but nothing has curved that craving. I'm definitely going to have to give in soon.
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Right now, I'm eating fried cinnamon plantains with maple syrup that my husband made for me. I love him. Also, there is a side of chips and salsa. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• I literally never know what I’m going to be in the mood for 😭 it’s pure survival these days and lots of going out to eat/take out. 
    However one thing I haven’t tired of is plain Greek yogurt, drizzled honey, strawberries/blueberries and granola. I could eat that every meal.
  • I have to be the only pregnant woman without donuts. Nobody will bring donuts to me.  :'(

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Aww, @suzycupcake...it is past 10 pm though 🤣🤣🤣 

Is there a Hy-Vee near you? I go there for donut cravings at weird hours.
  • No @deecherise I live in California. It's 8:45 here. Our grocery stores are open until 10/11 and some stay open until 1am. But look at some of the bakeries near me https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/top-lists/14-best-donut-shops-in-los-angeles/

Oh em gee nom nom nom. Maybe if I call them, someone will have compassion for a pregnant lady. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Everything tastes extra delicious. Pickles, apples, oranges, carrots, fruit snacks, soda, pasta. Ugh I love food.