August 2019 Moms

TTGP Grad Check-In 12/27-1/10

AvrilmaiAvrilmai member
edited January 2019 in August 2019 Moms
@suzycupcake @smmatt08 @purplg8r @oklahomak @celticknotfire @kels0091 @dogmomma096 @zamora_spin

Wow looks like there are 10 of us here. Hope I got everyone! please tag if I've missed anyone.
feel free to answer some or all of the questions below or just make general conversation. 

What's going on this week? 

How far along are you?

Anyone have an appointment this week?

Cravings/Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Randoms?

Questions?

GTKY: Do you have plans for NYE? if so, are your people in on you being KU or will you have to be creative?

TTC#1 10/2016
TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

Re: TTGP Grad Check-In 12/27-1/10

• Loading the player...
  • @Avrilmai I’m reading Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis right now (it’s ok..I’m not usually into non-fiction).  I find out after my ultrasound on Wednesday when I can stop meds. 
  • Sorry for being MIA this past week! We were visiting family out of state and I never hop on here from my phone. So excited to hear how telling families during the holidays went for everyone!

@purplg8r FX for a great first appointment this week! How are you liking Girl, Wash Your Face? I picked it up recently but haven't started it yet. 

@zamora_spin Unexpected compliments are the best! Maybe that's a good sign you can take the lazy hair route during pregnancy and it will be just fine, lol. I hear you on the drinking or coming up with an excuse today. Did you end up deciding on a game plan? 

@celticknotfire Hang in there waiting on your first US! Mine got pushed from today to Thursday and it's driving me crazy. Just let us see that little bean! Also. Sperm Sisters  :D

@Avrilmai Do you have a first appointment scheduled? Are you doing progesterone suppositories, or taking the capsules? I know you've said this somewhere before, but I couldn't remember! I'm on the suppositories through week 12. 

@dogmomma096 I hope your trip was/is relaxing! I totally feel you on dreading the over-involvement from your MIL. Hopefully it's not as bad as expected. Will YH be able to interfere and help if she drives you nuts? We live three miles from my in laws and I'm expecting the same thing.
  • @oklahomak Our lack of deciding means we will be staying home, lol, which is fine. DH is off from work today and apparently made plans for the early evening to play games with some friends and then will be home. That's interesting that your RE still practices as a regular OB. Mine of course is trained as an OBGYN (I believe that is a prerequisite to becoming an RE) but she releases pregnant patients I think around 10 weeks and she does not deliver babies anymore. It must be hard for a dr to juggle IF patients and pregnant patients. At the same time I love my RE so if she would keep me I would be pretty tempted to stay. I'm going to be in the market for a new OB if we make it that far - I had one I liked ok but he's now out of network and so far I haven't liked any of the ones I've seen since. Do you have a relationship with the OB you had before your RE and do you like them? 
  • @oklahomak the book was ok. There were funny little anecdotes but all the advice I’ve heard before. And very interesting that your RE also practices as an OB. I think I’d want to have an appt to ask how that works—is he super busy and would be hard to see him. I’d love to stay with mine.  After everything I’ve been through, I feel like my RE and the nurses know me way better than my OB does 
  • @oklahomak neither of my RE's recommended anyone, I was just cut loose and had to find someone for myself. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @purplg8r I was not overly impressed by that book & thought I was the only one. Everyone else I’ve heard LOVES it.  I hear you on the RE office knowing you better. I’m anxiety ridden about the thought of becoming another pregnant woman in an OB office. 

@Avrilmai I will be on progesterone through at least week 10. I know yours is from a FET, so a bit different. 

@zamora_spin The pretending is exhausting. Nobody has time for that with pregnancy exhaustion. 

What's going on this week?  Not a lot. I’m working all day today and am over it. I want to be home cleaning & organizing or laying in bed. 

How far along are you? 5+3

Anyone have an appointment this week? No appointments this week. I had 3 betas, so now I’m waiting until first scan on 1/7. 

Cravings/Symptoms? I’m exhausted during the day & wide awake at 3:30am. Nausea & vimiting hits hard in the afternoon & evening. 

GTKY: We were going to my v tame friend’s for dinner & board games. Due to illness in her family, we aren’t going. I’m secretly hoping we stay home now so I can go to bed by 9pm.  
  • @oklahomak Hope you enjoyed your visit with the family. I'm on PIO (progesterone in oil); It is an IM injection. And I think I'm going back to my previous OB. I don't know that my RE would make a recommendation. 

@jrm_14 AHHHHH! I'm so excited that you're here!!!!

@purplg8r I actually saw an end of year list that had that as one of the worst books of 2018.

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• What's going on this week? Just trying to get my house more and more organized and unpacked. Seems like an impossible task though. 

How far along are you? 8 weeks and 6 days 

Anyone have an appointment this week? On Tuesday I have my first ultrasound. I’m freaking out you guys. 

Cravings/Symptoms? Tomato based dinners (spaghetti, chicken Cacciatore) but the moment I have them I feel incredibly sick. I haven’t had a single day since finding out I’m pregnant that I haven’t felt sick. And now I have a horrible head cold. I’ll survive and I’m thankful for symptoms but I need a break. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms? Rant being sick always. Rave my bf has used his days off this week to totally pick up the slack around the house that I haven’t been able to do. 

Questions? Not right now but I’m sure I’ll have a bunch. 

GTKY: Do you have plans for NYE? if so, are your people in on you being KU or will you have to be creative? It was just the bf and myself and we realized we hadn’t ever actually stayed up till midnight together hahaha. So we pulled thru and had our kiss then fell asleep. I know we had something really great to eat but I can’t remember what it was lol. 
  • **lurky loo** I’m so sad I’m like 5 days from being with you ladies!! I'll continue to lurk August tho :) 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @chichiphin :o Hi!!!!! There’s no rule that says you have to go to S19 ;) 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @oklahomak I think my H will be able to talk to his mom if it gets to be too much, but he also highly values her opinion (even when I think she’s being ridiculous) so we don’t always agree on what’s “too much”. I can definitely talk to him about it when she’s not around, but extended visits with them can get stressful and I’m sure it will only be worse when pregnant and with kids! I hope you enjoyed your holidays and GL with your appointment tomorrow!!

@jrm_14 So glad to see you here!!! I hope you got to stay in for NYE!

@kels0091 I’ll be thinking about you on Tuesday!! I hope you get some relief from symptoms soon!
  • @jrm_14 I’m so glad to see you here!

@Avrilmai interesting! I don’t think it’s bad, just not mind blowing like some people made it out to be
  • @jrm_14 yeah, that was my bad, :# I didn't start one for last week. Maybe I'll just change the dates on this one. I'm so glad to hear that the u/s went well. 

@zamora_spin that is awesome! Graduating from the RE is legit terrifying for me. 

I'll admit I'm super jealous that you've both had u/s. I only have to wait one more day...I think I may lose my mind if they don't do weekly after this. everyone I've talked to is having them weekly with their REs. i don't care if she's not in the office. There is another doc there. I'll work with him. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• @avrilmai I hate that you have to wait basically an extra week. I'd be real surly about that too. I hope everything goes well tomorrow I know you will be anxious. My RE told me we graduate after a good scan around 8 weeks - or in my case two more scans. Eek. I hope your RE keeps you longer. 
  • @avrilmai both of my RE's would only do one maybe 2 if you BEGGED US before releasing you....

@zamora_spin and @avrilmai graduating is scary but at least it means they consider you a normal pregnant lady. Though I will say loosing the RE security blanket is tough
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @jrm_14 @zamora_spin I’m glad things looked good today!!

@Avrilmai I’m not sure I could have handled waiting that long