August 2019 Moms

Preggo Noms, week of 12.16.18

Hey, y'all!! How's it going? 

Whether it's because your cravings are out of control or it's the only thing you can stomach, we want to know: what's been on your menu this week?

What's your favorite meal from this week?

What's the least healthy thing you've noshed on?

Any recipes/food prep tips you would like to share?

Re: Preggo Noms, week of 12.16.18

• Whether it's because your cravings are out of control or it's the only thing you can stomach, we want to know: what's been on your menu this week?
    Not much. I haven't been cooking because I'm too busy barfing.

Buffalo chicken dip at a work party.

French fries and hashbrowns. The combination of grease + carbs seems to calm my nausea!

Food prep tip: don't. All food is gross. (*vomits*)
  • what's been on your menu this week? Lots of simple carbs.

What's your favorite meal from this week? I made chicken & dumplings this week, and it was so satisfying. Still carbalicious and easy on the stomach, but actually a semi- healthy option. 

What's the least healthy thing you've noshed on? McDonald's cheeseburgers. I literally have not eaten McD's since my last pregnancy. That "supersize me" movie really killed it for me, so it's very unusual. But man was that cheeseburger amazing. 

Any recipes/food prep tips you would like to share? Chicken & drop dumplings are not the most traditional southern method, but they are working really well with my nausea limitations. 

Basic method:
    Fill a large pot 1/2-3/4 full of water.
    Salt well. 
    Add 4-6 chicken thighs & bring to boil. 
    Chop veggies of choice (I used diced onion, froze  corn, and carrots) & add to pot. 
    Season with minced garlic, bay leaf, and thyme. 
    Allow to simmer until veggies are tender. 
    Remove cooked chicken, remove skin & bone, then chop chicken & return meat to pot. 
    Add additional seasonings if desired (adjust salt, pepper, turmeric, thyme, garlic, & parsley)
    Bring to low simmer while you mix up drop dumpling batter:

2 c. Flour
    4 t. Baking powder
    1 t. Salt
    1 t. Garlic powder
    1 1/2 t. Parsley
    1 egg
    1 c. Milk, less a few tablespoons 
    1 T. Melted butter

Once pot is simmering drop in dumplings. Cover & simmer 15 -20 minutes. Do not stir! 

Once dumplings are done swirl in some heavy cream to taste. Also can thicken with a cornstarch slurry if needed. 

Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Loading the player...
  • Whether it's because your cravings are out of control or it's the only thing you can stomach, we want to know: what's been on your menu this week?

Every time I am pregnant (even with losses) I cannot stomach chicken unless it is spicy AF and fried (I'm talking to you, Church's chicken, nom nom nom). So I have been eating a lot of chipotle with the hot sauce.

Chipotle!! I get the shredded beef, all the salsas, and guac. The spiciness is really what calms my nausea. Last night H made balsamic chicken from a hello fresh and I ate all of the potatoes and green beans with chili flakes and that was pretty good.

Jolly Ranchers to keep my nausea at bay.

Hello fresh has been super helpful lately because my H hates to cook but he can follow along to the HF cards. I have almonds, cashews, and pistachios stocked at work but the thought of them makes me want to vom so I haven't been eating them.
  • @WinchesterGirl I saw that you had Chicken & Dumplings and was immediately jealous...then i scrolled down and saw that you included the recipe! I'm excited to try it. Thanks for that!!

Whether it's because your cravings are out of control or it's the only thing you can stomach, we want to know: what's been on your menu this week? we've had spaghetti with homemade sauce this week, but I've only eaten it 2xs. I had toast for dinner one night

What's your favorite meal from this week?  we had a holiday party and I was boring and had grilled chicken but it was delicious

What's the least healthy thing you've noshed on? Pizza dip & fritos for dinner last night. that wasn't the plan but I didn't want anything else after I ate that. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Thanks for the recipe, @WinchesterGirl!
    @ElcaB I feel you on the grease/carb combo, and @lilmamabebe3 I love spicy stuff right now too!

Whether it's because your cravings are out of control or it's the only thing you can stomach, we want to know: what's been on your menu this week?

Nothing good. It all comes up anyway, so...

I made chorizo burgers at 7 am the other morning. They were so spicy and greasy and yum!

My latest craving has been burgers....so I had another Wendy's baconator.

Not this week!
  • @deecherise Burgers are life right now. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • edited December 2018
    Allll I crave is carbs & cheese! So potatoes and cheese, bread and cheese, Mac & cheese etc etc haha I’m typically a pretty healthy eater and meal prep but I have been forcing my veggies down. 

I’ve been making “healthier” fries at home! Cut up potatoe or sweet potato and lay as flat as possible on a tray, roast at 425 for a good 40mins to get as crispy as possible! Then I melt cheese on top 😋
    if we feel fancy, we add some sautéed peppers/onions and meat on top. So loaded fries. Literally all I want is fries 😍 

*edit to add* 
    still sticking to my plan of eating my healthy meals at work (salad, rice/veggies/ground turkey, cauliflower etc!)
    I am loving cliff bars. They’re so good and filling.

Just made roasted carrots with honey, barbecue jackfruit, and cheese. Such a delicious combo of sweet and spicy. Most and fasted I’ve eaten in a week.

What's the least healthy thing you've noshed on? Wendy’s chicken sandwich, fries, and a frosty 🙈

Any recipes/food prep tips you would like to share? Does anyone use Hungryroot meal delivery service? I would definitely recommend it. Good flavor and almost everything is ready in 10 minutes. It’s plant based and I’m not even a vegetarian, but I really like it.
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @EmilyA724 those carrots sound SO GOOD