Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Wednesday 12/19

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO:

Timing:

Typical LP length: 

Testing:

R/R: 

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Wednesday 12/19

• Month/Cycle:  23/5

CD/DPO: 23/11 according to FF today.  

Timing: good

Typical LP length: 14-15 days

Testing: probably today 

R/R: I am officially done messing with discarding temps and such.  I truly feel a few were off, but honestly ff has changed my ch so many times, I am confused.  It doesn’t really matter, because I wasn’t convinced I O’ed so we continued to HIO.  But the mind games and hopeless to hopeful is getting to me.    In non ttc r/r... I still have a little shopping to do for Christmas, which is not a big deal, I can do it after my works Christmas party tomorrow. But I feel overwhelmed.  I haven’t wrapped anything and I haven’t bought any food.  Tw.... also I found out yesterday one of my childhood best friends committed suicide.  Saturday is the 2 year anniversary of when my brother did, so I am not handling crap well.

CS/Q:

• Month/Cycle: 2/1

CD/DPO: 28/13

Timing: obviously not good 

Typical LP length:? 

Testing: I refused to test today, no point with the temp drop 

R/R: today is our Christmas luncheon at work and I'm excited to eat all the good food. 

CS/Q: temp drop this morning so hopefully AF will come soon so I can move on 

• Loading the player...
  • @holly321, I'm so sorry for the news about your childhood best friend, and the upcoming anniversary. That's a lot to deal with all at once. Hugs <3
    @kimmer1412, sorry for the temp drop. Treat yo self with all the free work food today!

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 24/5

Timing: -4, -2, -1, O

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: maybe Christmas Eve/Day at 10 or 11dpo

R/R: Rave: Tonight my H and I are delivering gifts and groceries to the family we adopted for the holidays. We had so much fun picking out gifts for everyone based on the interests/hobbies they mentioned, so I'm really excited to finally hand over the presents!

CS/Q: no
  • edited December 2018
    @holly321 I'm so sorry! That is too much to have to deal with at the holidays. :( 

@kimmer1412 sorry for the temp drop, lady!! Eat some extra good food for me. 

@galentine that sounds like an awesome idea to adopt a family over Christmas! I'm sure they're super grateful. 

Month/cycle: 7 

CD/DPO: 19/ my best guess is 3dpo

Timing: -5,-3,-1,0,+1

Typical LP length: 9-12

Testing: idk. Usually I'm team WFAF but I'll check back in on my mental state in a week. 

R/R: I did something impulsive yesterday and bought tickets home for Christmas even though we weren't planning on going anywhere. I decided that life is short and my parents won't be around forever. I told my siblings, but we decided to keep it a secret from my parents, and I'm so happy to have a little holiday surprise in the works!

In other news, me on day 2 of puzzle:

Stuck in the box so bonus chart! I think it's becoming clearer that I O'd on Day 16.

• @holly321 So many hugs to you, friend ❤️ I’m sure you are feeling all the things and I hope that this holiday season isn’t too painful for you. Be kind to yourself.
    @kimmer1412 I’m sorry about the temp drop, but it sounds like you are ready for a new cycle. Enjoy your work luncheon!
    @galentine I’m glad that you and your H had so much fun shopping for a family in need. What a great thing to do!
    @jennifer_louise What a great surprise!!! I love family surprises like that. Enjoy your holiday!

Month/Cycle: 8/6

CD/DPO: 30/12

Timing: great

Typical LP length: 15 days 

Testing: t.o.m.o.r.r.o.w.

R/R: H’s repeat SA is tomorrow, so I’m waiting until he leaves to test in the morning. I haven’t told him when I’m planning to test, although I think we’re both past the point of getting our hopes up.

Also, we might be getting a puppy!! We have a 9y/o pug and have been talking about getting her a sibling for several years. We are going to check out some puppies this weekend and may be able to bring one home by New Years! I bought our pug years before I met H, so I’m interested to see how he handles the puppy stage. Decent training for eventually having a new baby 😂

CS/Q: Temp rise today... obviously it means nothing.

• @holly321 - I am so sorry to hear about your friend, and your brother.  Especially during the holidays :(
    @dogmomma096 - another pug?  pics are a must!

Month/Cycle: 2/1

CD/DPO: 25/11

Timing: "good"

Typical LP length: 14d

Testing: BFN today

R/R: Quiche turned out great yesterday!  about 3/4 was consumed at the holiday party and the remaining 1/4 when i got home :smiley: day off today and tomorrow in preparation for working for 72hrs this upcoming weekend.  have to spend the day trying to check major things off the list... always a bummer when a day off is actually far from it.

CS/Q: i managed to temp the last 2 days!  unfortunately too late to be helpful but maybe i will start getting in the swing of it again.
    Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24

• @dogmomma096 I hate the TWW it feels like forever but WTO seems like it flies by lol. Hoping AF shows up tomorrow, this was my first true cycle since removing mirena so I'm hoping my body has regulated some and this next cycle will be our winner. Switching to SMEP this cycle too.
  • @elle-0409 Your chart is looking great!! And I am allllllways convinced AF is here any time I feel the tiniest twinge (IRL, not usually in my dreams) and it's the worst! I wish I could just trust my body not to start AF at CD19.

@dogmomma096 yes! Live up to that screen name of yours! And +1 for dog pics.

@sevenn Sorry about the BFN today. :( you have to work 72 hours this weekend?! What do you do?! (I'm imagining an elf at a 24-hour Santa's Village)
  • grangerhp37grangerhp37 member
    edited December 2018
    @sevenn Not another pug unfortunately (they shed a TON), but they do have the best little personalities! We are looking at a Shih Tzu or a mix, currently looking at Shorkies (Shih Tzu/Yorkie). We desperately need a small dog that doesn’t shed.
    @elle-0409 @littleredm These are the ones we are looking at Friday!

• Lurky lurker alert!

@holly321 I’m so sorry about your brother and your childhood friend. Sending you love and hugs today for the rough days ahead.❤️

@littleredm Sending you some strength and a giant hug, friend! ❤️

@elle-0409 For the love of all things, please write a comedic memoir about your baby making journey! You are a ball of laughter and energy!

@jennifer_louise Oh boy, puzzle gotcha down? LOL!!

@galentine Just so you know, every time you talk about you and YH I’m imagining you guys like this (but not the drunk part - just like L&B)

• @lillywonderland I was trying to find a gif of the scene from New Girl where Schmidt comes over to Winston's puzzle and says "is that an almond? Did you fit a whole almond into the hole of this piece?" because lol. But alas, they didn't have it. 
  • On mobile, so tags are hard
    Month/Cycle: 8/7
    CD/DPO: 30/12
    Timing: ED, but not good enough
    Typical LP length: 9-12
    Testing: WFAF
    R/R: I forgot how buggy the mobile app is, and since I'm off work until after the New Year, I probably won't be on here much. 
    CS/Q: Doom drop today, AF probably tomorrow (while I'm traveling 😤)

• @holly321 I'm so sorry about your friend! I'm sure that hard going through all the emotions again from your brother.
  • * Lurking from the shadows *

@holly321 Im so sorry to heard about your friend and brother. I can't imagine how hard that is especially around the holidays. If you ever need someone to listen feel free to pm me. (Just let me know so I look I only ever Mobile bump)
  • @galentine, that is so kind of you making someone else’s Christmas a bit nicer.
    @jennifer_louise, what a sweet surprise for your family, I hope you have a wonderful trip!
    @dogmomma096 good luck testing and good luck with getting a puppy, we have been half heartily trying for about a month.
    @littleredm. *big hugs*. Firsts are always hard.  I hope today goes well for you.
    @marebear15 Mobile is crap, which is why I often post and ghost, even though I have the best of intentions!

thanks for all the love and support ladies!
  • *I can’t stop lurking*

@marebear15 I will miss you greatly on your tiny bump break!!! HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS!!

@jennifer_louise You get me. 😜
  • Sorry I didn't come back to tag yesterday. I dunno where my day went. 

@holly321 I am so sorry for the news about your friend <3 and right around the anniversary of your brother, I hope you're able to find some time for yourself amidst the holiday chaos and allow yourself the space to grieve and just process everything. *hugs* 
    @kimmer1412 sorry about your super frustrating cycle. While I still don't wish AF on you, I do hope you have a perfectly normal, ovulatory, fertile cycle!! That is my Christmas wish to you. Also, enjoy the noms today!
    @galentine have fun giving out gifts tonight. I know the holidays aren't about presents but you're going to brighten that family's year so much with your gesture and it warms my heart.
    @jennifer_louise awww I love surprise visits!! Your parents will love that. 
    @dogmomma096 PUPPY!! That's so exciting. OMG they are soooooo cute. I don't want another dog but I do love other people's pups. Also, FX for your POAS tomorrow and YH's repeat SA. Your chart is still looking so good. Still so weird about RHR. 
    @sevenn hi there! Sorry for the BFN :( Hope you can get a good chunk of your to do list squared away before you have to work this wkd! 72hrs?! Oh the joys of being a Doctor. 
    @elle-0409 your SMEP titles crack me up. I hope you're keeping a record of those for your book. Also, when do you expect to hear about your callback? 
    @littleredm I hope your day goes by quickly. Big hugs!!
    @marebear15 mobile bumping is the pits. I lurk but don't often post. I'm so sorry for the doom drop today. Wishing you so much love to you and your family over the holidays. Safe travels! 

Month/Cycle: 12/9

CD/DPO: 25/5

Timing: Great 

Typical LP length: unknown 

Testing: b/w to test progesterone Friday. I'll start POAS Monday. 

R/R: Raves: MY RENO IS DONE!! They still need to come back to touch up a few things and install the undermount lighting but the cleaners are there now dealing with the chaos and I'm basically dancing on my desk. And my mini-MOH proposal went well yesterday, my BFF cried when she opened the card, then cried some more when she read what I wrote. She's more like a sister to me but lives on the other side of the country because of grad school/job/life. She's been trying to fight her way back East but her bf is a little resistant and she loves her job so she is hesitant to move.  
    Rant: I've been mildly crampy all week and it's stressing me out. Also not all my gifts are going to arrive in time for Christmas and I'm sad. 

CS/Q: My temps are a dead giveaway of how well I'm sticking to my diet so as you can see... I've been living in Carb County this week. One of our wholesalers dropped off a 5lb jar filled with my favourite choc chunk shortbread and altho I've restricted myself to one a day, that plus all the other carbs I've been eating is not good for my metabolism. I'm determined to clean it up after today though because I HAVE A NEW, FUNCTIONAL, CLEAN KITCHEN Y'ALL!

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @dogmomma096 OMG THEY ARE SO CUTE! GET THEM ALL AND THEN GIVE ME ONE! <3
    @lillywonderland Thank you so much! <3
    @kiki047So glad your reno is done! I know it's taken a long time so I'm sure you're over the moon too!

Update: I ended up taking a test and BFN. Part of me was really hoping that it would be a miracle but the practical side of me knew better. I do have a question though, last week when I found out about my dad I thought there was no way I'd move forward with an IUI, but now that I saw the BFN I'm starting to lean more towards pushing forward with it. I guess I just know that my grief isn't going to subside in a month or two and maybe it'd give me something to focus on instead. Do you think that's crazy? Is it something I should consult the RE about? I don't know. I feel like AF is coming in the next day or so so I'll need to make a decision either way soon.
  • @littleredm that really is such a personal choice, but if it were me I'd just want to ask myself if I felt ready to move forward and if not trying (or continuing to do what you've been doing all along) would be any more or less stressful than an IUI. The nice thing about the IUI is, as much as it's a little more hands-on in terms of monitoring and any meds, etc, it also takes all of the guesswork out of the whole process. Andplusalso, if he were here, would your Dad want you to put your life on hold for him? You were already preparing to take on the role of his caregiver during the recovery after his surgery, maybe now, with your Mom staying with you, this is just the kind of support you'll need? Whether you choose to share that with her or not? 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @inthewoods23 I think @kiki047 has said it perfectly. I especially love asking "What would your dad want for you"? That's not to say though that this is all still VERY fresh. Either way, be kind to yourself through the process. I'm sorry for the BFN this cycle :( 

@kiki047 I'm going to say the cramping is a good sign. I'm also confused why your RE doesn't have you on progesterone during your TWW, esp since you haven't been Oing and don't really know what your post O levels are. And omg what a relief that the reno is DONE! We've been waiting for this day for months! Did he get the vent hood worked out??

• @jennifer_louise, that's great you bought tickets home for Christmas! What a great surprise for your parents!
    @dogmomma096, good luck testing tomorrow! Also, a shorkie sounds adorable. I should probably not Google them, because then I would probably buy my husband a shorkie for Christmas. Annnnnnd I just saw the photo you posted. SO CUTE!!!!!
    @sevenn, I'm glad the quiche turned out well. Care to share the recipe?
    @elle-0409, your SMEP puns kill me  :D
    @littleredm, sending hugs <3
    @kiki047, yay for finished reno!!
    @lillywonderland, LOL my husband is pretty Ben-like!
  • @littleredm, I don’t have any advice, but I can share my personal experience.  TW...  we had been supposedly preventing for a few months, before my husband was going to  get a vasectomy.  Then my brother died.  It put things and life in to a different perspective.  It really hit home that you only live once.  So we decided to try for another child that we were too scared to have (both my kids have autism so the next will likely too). We started trying and I stopped ovulating and getting periods.  Based on my bloodwork, it was most likely stress that caused it, and I used clomid a few times to get pregnant.  
    I need something focus on, because I have an unhealthy habit of avoiding negative emotions.  Plus, I have true obsessive compulsive disorder and will obsessive over something, and I wanted to be in charge and make it ttc.  Since you are doing an iui, hormones and stress I don’t think would be an issue, but I would discuss it with your doctor. And since you are already ttc, you won’t have a mental breakdown trying to figure out if you are doing things for the right reason.