Trying to Get Pregnant

Newbie Intro: w/o 12/17

Please read The Ultimate TTGP Guide pinned at the top of the board (https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12685680/the-ultimate-ttgp-guide-newbies-read-this-first/p1). It's full of information about TTGP and about our community here on The Bump. Please introduce yourself and share as much or as little as you are comfortable with. Once you're ready, feel free to jump into any of our daily/weekly threads to start participating in the community!

Ages (you and SO): 

How many months have you been TTC?: 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.):

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

Re: Newbie Intro: w/o 12/17

• Loading the player...
  • Hi @wcolemanaz! Welcome! I'm 34 too--& DH is 39. Just wanted to share that since us/our partners are fairly close in age. I hope that yr RE appt tomorrow goes well. 
    Hi @ellie-grace! Welcome! I am sure someone who more recently came off BC would be able to give you better advice, but (as you *might* know from lurking) there are a few ppl on/new-ish to this board in a similar "recently coming off BC" position. 
  • @kagesstarshroom Thanks for the welcome, always nice to meet other on the same path! 

@ellie-grace I was on BC for many years as well...took a few months to adjust to a normal cycle and figure out O and whatnot, but OPKs and tracking apps really helped start to see some trends. Good luck! 
  • Hello  :)  I guess I go here. I'm not truly a newb... I was on TB wayyyyyy back... like 2011 to 2015ish. I deleted my old account when they changed a lot of the TOU and many people peaced out. Anyway... we are TTC again so I decided to come back!

Ages (you and SO): Me- 33; DH 31

How many months have you been TTC?: This is cycle 4.

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: Charting on FF (not temping yet...will explain below), PNV, OPKs, and baby aspirin (also explained below). 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.): I'm a SAHM of 2 and have been married almost 10 years. DS is 5. I had him at 37 weeks due to severe IUGR. That's why I have to take baby aspirin when TTC or pregnant. He is a kindergartner this year. DD is 3. She is currently in a phase of sneaking into our room at night and sleeping with us so being reliable with temping just isnt happening. *TW for loss* I had a MMC with my first pregnancy. I ended up with a D&C bc I was 12 weeks. That was 6 1/2 years ago but sometimes it feels like yesterday. *end TW* Other than that, I love swimming, summer, chocolate, and Survivor. 
  • wcolemanaz best of luck at your appointment!

Been creeping the boards for a while so thought it was time to introduce myself.

Age  (you and SO): both 28

How many months have you been TTC?: 2 months

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?:
     app tracking, first month with OPKs ...supposedly O day is the 21st so will be helpful to have opk to verify. I thought i felt ovulation cramping last month but it's been so long that who really knows.
    @ellie-grace I also came off bc at the end of October! Not sure if my body is back on track yet but I did have af as usual.

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.):
    This would be first kid for us but we have 2 fur babies. Love all things outdoors but have been spending a lot of time fixing up our 1940 home.  

• @ellie-grace I highly recommend Wondfo OPKs  :)
  • @mommyshark13 thanks for the recommendation! 
    @marissakv That's good news things are getting on track for you! I'm hoping my cycle isn't completely out of whack! 1940s home?! That sounds amazing! I love everything home reno and interior decorating! 
    @kagesstarshroom thanks for the welcome! The search function has been great to see other's experiences coming off BC! 
    @wcolemanaz Good luck at your appointment! That's amazing you work at an animal shelter! I can imagine how tempting that would be! 
  • @ellie-grace hi fellow Canadian - I'm from Winnipeg originally!!
  • @mommyshark13 I'm not sure if Ava is an option but I really like that I don't have to temp at a specific time. While the ovulation prediction is still iffy (this is only my second month using it), I do love being able to transfer my temps to FF which has been reliable in confirming O after the fact.
  • @mommyshark13 it's like a fitbit that also tracks BBT. You put it on before going to bed and then take it off in the morning. It also tracks breathing, RHR, etc. I like that I don't have to set an alarm to temp and that my pattern is a little less like a rollercoaster than it was with oral temping in the am. It's not cheap, maybe around $200-250 but to me it was worth it.
  • Somewhat of a newbie here. Lurked a lot during my first TTC/pregnancy in 2014 but never posted much. TTC #3 now!

Ages (you and SO): me 30, DH 31

How many months have you been TTC?: this is our first month actually “trying”, I’ve been off birth control and only semi-preventing since October. 

What are you doing to get knocked up?: OPK and temping

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.): SAHM to 2 kids 3.5 and 1.5, former pharmacist. DH is in the military and we live across the country from all of our family. I love running, baking, reading and solo trips to Target. 

Im looking forward to getting to know you all!
  • @cdnrunning I wish I had heard of it earlier bc i definitely would have put it on my Christmas list for DH to get me.

@sarahk620 Yesssss to solo Target trips!
  • Howdy!  Kind of nice being back here :)

Ages (you and SO): 31, 32

How many months have you been TTC?: this is our first cycle.  Mirena out 2 months ago.

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: OPKs primarily.  My shift work job (and lack of solid night sleeps in general) has limited temping.  Also CM tracking.  

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.): TTC #2!  We have an 18 mo DD who is just a doll and makes me think there is no way we will get lucky twice, but we shall see.  Took 6 cycles to conceive her in 2016.  I work as a physician and we love to spend time outdoors and manage a 50 acre farm.  We are also renovating which is a HUGE stress- we planned to delay TTC until it was done but its taking so long... oh well.  Happy to be back, this group was a huge help and support with #1.
    Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24

• @sevenn i was also debating waiting on ttc until we complete the next planned reno (kitchen- FINALLY) ...but the past couple years have been ''waiting" on one thing or another. There is only so much we can plan or wait for. We'll figure out how to navigate whatever the situation may be 😊

Best of luck on both endeavors!
  • Ages (you and SO):  I’ll be 29 soon and my SO will be 30 soon

How many months have you been TTC?:  this is our first month of trying. 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: I’m starting to track my cycle though just came off of b/c like many of you and I have been tracking cm. I will be tacking temps once I get the bbt thermometer I ordered. 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.):  I just got married in May. I have 2 dogs. A 8 year old pug/Boston terriory mix and 8 month old Husky. They keep us quite busy especially the husky. I have a home base business so I get to spend a lot of time with them.