Is okay to let my 2 week old sleep for 5hours at night without feeding? — The Bump
Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Is okay to let my 2 week old sleep for 5hours at night without feeding?

So the last few days my son has been sleeping great 🤞🏼! He’ll sleep for about 4-5hours, nurse for 20mins, then go to sleep for another 4 hours. Is this okay, or should I be waking him up sooner to eat? I read that as long as they were back at birth weight +, that you didn’t have to wake them to eat. The main reason I ask, is because the last few days he’s been extremely fussy! When he isn’t eating , or sleeping, he’s normally crying a lot, it gets worse at night. I’ve tried everything, but he still seems upset. I’m not sure if the sleeping pattern plays into this at all, but it’s the only change that’s happened. 

Re: Is okay to let my 2 week old sleep for 5hours at night without feeding?

• Unless there is a medical reason for you to wake them, I wouldn't wake a sleeping baby. Many babies will cluster feed at night, eating what feels like non-stop in the evening hours leading up to bedtime. That's so that they can sleep longer stretches. If the crying/fussiness bothers you call your pediatrician.
    ME: 31  DH: 31 DD: June '16 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
    **Ticker Warning**
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker