August 2019 Moms

Preggo Noms, week of 12.10.18

Whether it's because your cravings are out of control or it's the only thing you can stomach, we want to know: what's been on your menu this week?

What's your favorite meal from this week?

What's the least healthy thing you've noshed on?

Any recipes/food prep tips you would like to share?

Re: Preggo Noms, week of 12.10.18

• edited December 2018
    What's your favorite meal from this week? I just made a giant pot of corn chowder last night. It is simple, tasty, and warm for these stupid cold days Florida is having. Give me back my beach weather!!!

What's the least healthy thing you've noshed on? *Edit: So my brain totally read this as "last healthy thing". Lawd. I went to McDonald's yesterday on the way home from work because I felt sick at lunchtime and didn't eat my lunch, and I got a cheeseburger and small fry. :-/ Oh well.*

I have been eating whole wheat english muffins with natural peanut butter and chia seeds for breakfast (trying to get things moving) and have been addicted to green grapes. I have eaten like 3 lbs of grapes this week and I have no idea why!!!

Any recipes/food prep tips you would like to share? Usually I prep on Sunday afternoons for the coming week. It makes it easy to pack my lunch in the morning, and I try to make one protein with 2 different things (so I grilled a bunch of chicken breast and then had some brown rice burrito bowls and some brown rice Asian bowls). That way I don't get bored of the same thing over and over!
  • Loading the player...
  • What's your favorite meal from this week? I made a keto chicken tortilla soup on Monday for lunches this week... It's to die for. And super unhealthy if you're not on a keto diet. Which I decided to abandon after my BFP. So it's very heavy on the cream and cheese, but it's delectable.

What's the least healthy thing you've noshed on? See above. 😂 Otherwise, I may have eaten my weight in chips and salsa the last couple days.

Any recipes/food prep tips you would like to share? Crock pot soups are life. Fresh produce makes me so sick when I'm pregnant, so it's nice to be able hide vegetables. And they're not super time consuming to make, but they're cooking for a long time, so there is a lot of depth of flavor!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • What's your favorite meal from this week?
    Hmm...  honestly food hasn't been tasting great. I'm more on the aversions side of things right now. Even stuff that sounds great tastes off when I actually get it. I had a salad last night that was cold and crunchy and amazing though! Which is good, because cooked veggies are grossing me out.

What's the least healthy thing you've noshed on? I had a five guys burger & fries that actually tasted amazing. Also reese's peanut butter cups.  :# 

Any recipes/food prep tips you would like to share? I'm trying out a recipe for soft ginger cookies this afternoon to see if they help the MS. I'll post the recipe later if they're good!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • What's your favorite meal from this week? I made quesadillas for dinner last night, and they were delicious.  

What's the least healthy thing you've noshed on? I was dying for Ramen noodles on Monday so I indulged.  Empty calories and a ridiculous amount of sodium.  yummmmmmmm.  Oh, I also had two double decker tacos from Taco Bell on Sunday.  Not healthy at all.  

Any recipes/food prep tips you would like to share?  I've got nothing right now.  I have been living on various forms of pasta and mexican food over the last two weeks. 
  • Favorite meal of the week has been honey bunches of oats, vanilla and almond flavor.

Last unhealthy thing was Burger King for breakfast yesterday. Bad I know but it was one on the few things I could stomach.

Tips/recipes/etc. I wish but I do NOT have my life together in that department at the moment. 
  • @Perfectypo Wow, honey bunches of oats sounds so good right now.
  • What's your favorite meal from this week?: Homemade tacos (I regularly crave Mexican food when I'm pregnant)

What's the least healthy thing you've noshed on?: Ummmm probably homemade tacos  :D 

Any recipes/food prep tips you would like to share?: I'm making this for dinner right now, it's an old standby recipe that I love: https://www.skinnytaste.com/pasta-fagioli-64-pts/
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    3 egg omelet with shredded cheese, topped with really hot sauce, sour cream, and a side of fresh avocado. 

Hmmm.... restaurant food? I don't know.

https://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/gingery-berry-and-oat-smoothie

This is seriously so yummy. I made it once with yogurt and it was really good. Now I make it with three table spoons of peanut butter instead. This recipe will almost fill a 16 oz glass. You can put avocado in there, a little more ginger if you want. Definitely allow the oats to soak in the water first unless you don't mind a chewy smoothy. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @suzycupcake that omelette makes me really wish that eggs weren't on my gag list right now!
  • What's your favorite meal from this week? Last night I had a burrito from baby salsa and it stayed down for almost an hour so that’s a win. 

What's the least healthy thing you've noshed on? I had mcds for the first time in almost a year. 

Any recipes/food prep tips you would like to share? I’m all about the snacks. I decided to not bring things that have to be prepared or heated up to work because If I’m actually hungry I just need to eat not cook. So raisin bran cereal with coconut almond milk has been a life saver. 
    I've been eating whole wheat English muffins topped with Laughing Cow cheese or guacamole for lunch along with a cheese stick and either fruit or carrot sticks.  Dinners haven't been exciting at all.

What's the least healthy thing you've noshed on? Probably the cranberry bread that I made last weekend. I also ate about half of a bag of popcorn yesterday afternoon.  

Any recipes/food prep tips you would like to share? No recipes, but I can highly recommend Trader Joe's guacamole to go.  It comes in individual servings and is really tasty.  No giant chunks of peppers or onions, mostly just straight up avocado with some seasoning and a little onion. 
  • @emeraldduchess TJs guac is so yummy! I'd love to get your cranberry bread recipe. Never made a bread, but would like to try for my husband.

We can now add Panda to my unhealthy list. What? The baby was craving chow mein and orange chicken. Okay I did get a medium side of mixed veggies. Also add chow mein to the list of things that hot sauce can go on. Their chili paste, mmmmm! 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

Hands down lentil soup! I am like where have I been living all this time? I did not know lentil soup could be so delicious. The plus side is it's healthy. Its packed with fiber and protein! 

None really, I have been trying to be as healthy as I can this time around. I have been eating more vegetables, fruits, whole grain and protein. 

I don't know if it is because I am from the carribean, we just don't do recipes like that. We pretty much eyeball everything. But I will try though!

Here we go:

4-8 cups of water, 1-2 cups of dry green lentils (I prefer the french organic brand), 3-4 carrots, 1-2 handful of spinach/kale (whichever you like best) boil all of them togeher for 35 mns or until they are tender enough. Then blend all of them for 5-10mns (depends on your blender speed). Then put it back on the stove for 5-10mns and add some seasonings (to your liking). Notice I did not even say oil, I never add oil to mine... I feel like there's no need for it anyways!

To really get more protein in your lentil soup, put in some already made chicken breast in it and serve it. My meat always have a little extra kick to it. (Seasoning is the key)... And voila this is my own little way of making lentil soup! The entire thing shouldn't take more than 1 hour!
     It really is tasty!

• @suzycupcake here's the recipe.  It's a quick bread, so it's really more of a cake.  It's tasty, though!

https://www.crunchycreamysweet.com/2013/11/26/cranberry-bread-recipe/