April 2019 Moms

GTKY: Weddings (100% stolen from May)

2»

Re: GTKY: Weddings (100% stolen from May)

• My friend does yearly photos with her husband in their wedding attire for their anniversary.  I so want to do that, especially since my dress is non-traditional anyway (of course, nursing boobs may mean I won't fit in it this year...).  Maybe you could also do something like that, @booksandlace, and find a dress you really fall in love with to use for photos?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • What month/year did you get married? April 2011
    What were your colors/theme? Aquaish teal and bits of orange here and there and ivory. 
    What was your favorite part? Seeing all of my family together and the actual wedding being over. Haha. 
    Any drama?
    We got married in FL to be near my grandparents (Floridians, not snowbirds) and there happened to be a storm a few days before. We were in the courthouse getting our Marriage license and all of a sudden sirens go off and the lady at the desk gets a call and says “if the siren goes off again then they opened the vault and we will all go inside” so a little tornado went through the town we were in. It didn’t damage the camp we were getting married at thankfully. 

Then, my wedding band arrived in the mail the day before we got married (my hubs had tried to get it before but back in CA where we flew from there was also a storm and the power and phones were out for the week before he flew to FL to join me.

also he never asked his best man to be his best man so there was a last minute switch there too.

Then, at the rehearsal the night before the wedding we were getting the computer afterwards and I tripped on the stage and landed on my shins and either severely bruised the bones or broke them a little... they hurt for months. Our honey moon was walking all over Disney world  and then exploring San Fran and it was very painful to walk. 

Any regrets? Not really? 
  • Loading the player...
  • @kbirchtree I find it totally plausible that mine would never ask the best man to be the best man either. Currently saying “I don’t want to ask one of my oldest friends because he’s starting a company so I’m not even going to text him to ask about the date...”
  • Oh shoot! I forgot two semi-drama moments. There was a big ice storm two days before hand which knocked out our power, the power of our venue, and the rehearsal dinner restaurant. We live 30 minutes from both so it’s not like it was a small zone without power. It also left two groomsmen and a guest stranded briefly in Baltimore. The guest rented a car and drove but the groomsmen got in about 20 minutes before the RD. Our venue got power back but our RD restautant didn’t. My MOH and mom were trying not to panic me (as I tried to do last minute cleaning and packing in a 50° house) so my MOH spent her two hour drive up doing math on prices, negotiating menus, and getting us a semi private area in a restaurant I love. It ended up working out perfectly. 

Also one of my friends was so drunk by like, 10 minutes after the ceremony that one of our other friends had to drive her home and deposit her at her townhome. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers