April 2019 Moms
Options

GTKY: Weddings (100% stolen from May)

We haven't had a GTKY in awhile. Let's wake this board up.

I HAVE STOLEN THIS FROM MAY BECAUSE I SUCK AT THINKING OF MY OWN GTKYs.
*I know not everyone here is married, but please chime in if you are planning a wedding, not planning but have a dream wedding, or if you went to a crazy wedding and have a funny story. Everyone loves those.

What month/year did you get married?
What were your colors/theme?
What was your favorite part?
Any drama?
Any regrets?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: GTKY: Weddings (100% stolen from May)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sheknows6 I also freaking love weddings. I was for SURE on TK.
  • Options
    PLANNING A WEDDING! 💍👰🏻🤵🏻

September/October 🍂🍁

Country Chic Sunflowers 🌻 
    Burgundy and Navy 

What was your favorite part? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Any drama? God, I hope not! 

Any regrets? 🤷🏻‍♀️

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options

What month/year did you get married? July 2011!

What were your colors/theme? We had green & yellow/ sunflowers as the them. We grew our own and they were blooming right on time when we got married.

What was your favorite part? We had a fun reception. I love dancing at weddings in general, so dancing at ours was extra special.

Any drama? DH and I wanted a low key wedding, and we had maybe 10 people at our actual ceremony in my mom's backyard. We weren't originally going to have a reception, but my MIL threw a huge fit about It and made it all about her, true to form. The actual wedding day was mostly drama free.

Any regrets? We both kind of wish we would have just eloped. I am proud of the amount of DIY I threw into this wedding, and it turned out really well, but it was also stressful and wasn't exactly what we wanted. We're hoping to renew our vows at 10 years...in the mountains, alone...lol.
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    What month/year did you get married? May 2011

What were your colors/theme? Yellow and coral, some orange. We wanted bright and cheery colors against all the white.

What was your favorite part? It was so great to see all our friends and family in person, since everyone is scattered across the country.

Any drama? We did (heavy) passed hot and cold appetizers as a meal- it was a ton of food. When MH’s uncle found out it wasn’t a “real” sit down dinner, he and his family (about 6 heads altogether) peaced out to go to a restaurant. It was pretty rude, and I was mortified and felt like the worst host. On the petty upside, when we saw them the next day it turns out their meal was crummy and took forever. MH still holds it against them, but we never really see them anyway.

Any regrets? I had some trouble with my maid of honor- she really didn’t help at all, didn’t do anything for a shower, and almost got the wedding day wrong (thankfully I caught it when we were getting our nails done THE DAY BEFORE). It kind of lowkey soured my relationship with her and we’re not nearly as close anymore. She’s generally a sweet person, but I should’ve known better than to give her any kind of responsibility.
  • Options
    So I have been married twice...

The first time (EX) I did the whole big thing. It was fun but expensive

The 2nd time, DH did not want a wedding at all. So we 'Eloped'
    What month/year did you get married? April 2015
    What were your colors/theme? DH wore a blue suit and I had a few peacock and purple accessories. We had a used a few books as props and it was in a book store
    What was your favorite part? We got married at this hipster coffee shop/book store/restaurant. We did it after they closed and it was just me, DH, the photographer and the officiant. We had a quick service and then took lots of pictures. I LOVE my pictures and they are all over the house! Afterwards we ate a famous steak house in town.  
    Any drama? Only a little since we eloped
    Any regrets? ZERO. It was amazing. 

Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Options
    May 2018 :smile: .

Sage green, lavender, and grey.  My dress was a light green, the groomsmen wore gray suits, and the bouquets/boutenneires had lavender and lots of greenery.

We had a mutual friend officiate, and the ceremony was really personal to us.  We erogenous own vows, even DH who is not very good at being sentimental.  I cried before even starting reading my vows.  We included DS in the ceremony, and everything about it was perfect.  It had rained/threatened to rain all day, but held off long enough for the ceremony.

Any drama?
    Only drama that I learned about after the fact that is still messing with me.  Apparently three of our guests (including one of my bridesmaids) brought and did coke at one point.  DH learned about it that night but kept it from me because he didn't want it to ruin our friendship with bridesmaid and husband.  I'm still trying to come to terms with how I feel that it was done around my family and my kid.

Any regrets?
    We did our own music, and it was all personal and special for us, but it didn't really get a lot of people dancing.  Most of the guests were either older, adults with kids, or my nieces and nephews, so I tried to do a variety but it fell a little flat.  That being said, DS and his friends danced the night away and I had a blast just enjoying the food and everything.  I also was so nervous about getting ready on time that I completely forgot to have my mom help me get dressed/put on jewelry.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kangstadt said:

We had a mutual friend officiate, and the ceremony was really personal to us.  We erogenous own vows, even DH who is not very good at being sentimental.  I cried before even starting reading my vows.  We included DS in the ceremony, and everything about it was perfect.  It had rained/threatened to rain all day, but held off long enough for the ceremony.

I wanna hear more about these erogenous vows!

We also had some people doing coke at our wedding. I was annoyed but it wasn't COMPLETELY unexpected given some of the guests that were in attendance. Just disappointing that the free food, great music, unlimited booze, and awesome company wasn't enough for everyone to have a good time  :|
  • Options
    What month/year did you get married? May 2009
    What were your colors/theme? Purple, sage green, brown
    What was your favorite part? Dancing at the reception. I was really into ballroom dance in college and DH took dance lessons so that he could dance with me. We had a blast!
    Any drama? DH didn't want to do a mother son dance so I didn't plan one. MIL's feelings were hurt.
    Any regrets? I wish I would have been more present at the reception. We had a blast but I honestly don't remember much about it.
  • Options

Thanks for bringing this over from May! Our anniversary just passed so I’m feeling super nostalgic and this might get a liiiiittle long, sorry! 

What month/year did you get married?December 5, 2015. We’re actually celebrating our anniversary tomorrow! 

Purple and gold. It was gorgeous, and a lot more tasteful than it sounds! Plus I threw in a few Christmas touches, like a little tree on the gift table and purple ornaments as favors. Waaay back when I was just a knottie on TK, I mentioned wanting to do ornaments as favors and I got into it with one lovely person in the board because they thought ornaments as favors was insensitive to non religious people. One of my brothers is an atheist and LOVES Christmas??? It was a nonissue for us and our guests as literally everyone celebrates Christmas in our families/friend groups, but the whole board argument was hilarious. 

What was your favorite part

In spoiler below. 

My dress. I spent so, SO much money on my dress and veil but it was absolutely gorgeous. 

I loved our flowers, I loved the weather. It was awesome! It was a dance party from start to finish. It was also the last time my brother was completely healthy, or rather non symptomatic - it was the last big event in our family before he ended up getting diagnosed and passing away from cancer. I will forever treasure the pictures of us dancing. 

Any drama?

Too much liquor, but it was more funny than dramatic. We had our wedding and reception at a local church. The liquor situation was simple - have a cop there, bring your own liquor. So it was essentially an open bar without the crazy cost of one. My best friend threw up in a bush, and I demanded that the dj play Beat It by Michael Jackson. I stood in the middle of the dance floor, completely by myself, doing the dance. The only issue was that you couldn’t see my legs, so it looked like I was just flapping my arms around. I was so, so drunk! Thankfully, I didn’t get sick and I felt great besides not eating more than two bites of food all day. We got drive through burgers later that night. 

Apparently there was drama with a lack of ice, too few chairs, and the venue coordinator being a bitch and yelling at people. But I had hired an outside coordinator and she fixed every single situation, including purchasing ice herself at the nearest gas station. What a gem. Love that woman! 

Any regrets?

I don’t feel like I spent enough time with my mom. I barely have pictures with her and it still hurts. I also think we spent too much money; but I think everyone usually feels that way. 

• Options
    Yesssssss I have been stalking this thread in May!
    @kangstadt I want to see the green dress. And i’d totally be ticked off about the drugs.
    @kosmo86 sounds like Kramerbooks in DC which would be so cool for a wedding!
    @lin0442 definitely rude of the uncle!

Planning the wedding:

What month/year did you get married? We’re looking at next month. Six weeks is enough time to plan a party, right? My parents aren’t replying to my inquiry about whether they’re available on the date that the church and reception site are, though.

What were your colors/theme? Nautical: navy, hydrangea blue, silver-gray, plus hurricane glasses and monkey fist knots for table decor

What was your favorite part? I’m really enjoying planning the menu/bar for a luncheon wedding

Any drama? Mostly already occurred as the first two dates we tried to plan for passed and the baptism of DD was a disaster of a test run. DH (okay okay, fiancé) and I agreed that henceforth our mothers will not be involved in planning parties for us, because MIL and my mother were furious at each other the night before the baptism, and DH and I were mad at each other for taking our mothers’ sides. 

Any regrets? This is not going to be the September island wedding of my dreams, but with DD, a pregnancy, and a sick FIL, that is unrealistic. And at this point (nearly 2 years into the engagement), literally any wedding that gets me some pretty photos on a dock and seafood in my meal will make me happy.
  • Options
    April 2012

We just did a justice of the peace wedding with my parents, 2 of my sisters, and DH's mom, brother, and sister in law in attendance, so there was no actual theme.

I loved how intimate it was. I hate being the center of attention, and having just immediate family there was really nice.
    Also, I loved my dress. I get a kick out of telling people I wore a "pink snakeskin" cocktail dress to my wedding. Really, it was a very light and shimmery blush dress with a subtle snakeskin print. And it had pockets. <3

Any drama?
    We got a call on the Friday before the wedding date that the JoP who had agreed to officiate for us was going out of town instead. It was after 3pm on a Friday when we found out, and my family had just traveled to Alexandria, VA to be there for our wedding on Monday morning. We had to call around to so many people to finally get someone who was available for it. It actually ended up working out better for us though, because instead of meeting in an office, she suggested the Carlyle House garden down the street from her office. The museum was closed on Mondays but the garden was still open to the public, so we had a nice and quick little ceremony in the gazebo there.

Any regrets?
    If I could change one thing, it would have been getting a professional photographer. All of our pictures from the day were done by my then-teenage sister and she tried to do all these weird, artsy angles and stuff. Thankfully I was able to edit them and get a few decent ones out of it.
  • Options
    @lyse01 it was a place called oxford exchange in Tampa, FL. Google it! Its really AMAZING

• Options
    @kangstadt I love that dress! And my DH's suit was a couple hundred bucks more than my dress (including alterations!)  Yeah - ours was at a jazz club/restaurant so definitely different than a friend's property. 
  • Options
    April 2012. We started dating in May of 2011, got engaged in Feb 2012. Wouldn't have worked out for many but it did for us.

I let DH pick the accent color and he chose red. Maid of honor wore a black dress with red accents. Red ties and hankies for the guys. Red roses and red sequin flats for me(the one thing i was adamant about). We did basically the whole wedding ourselves. We rented chairs, tables and an arbor to decorate, did all the flower arrangements and table decorations, my cousin (who's a chef) did the food and my aunt (who's a pastry chef) made the cakes and sweet treats. We only had about 40 people max in my parents backyard. I picked all the music and my uncle was Dj. We ended up with leftover booze, and i kept a bottle of the champagne in my fridge for a year and we drank it on our 1st anniversary instead of having cake. 

The daughter of a friend that i grew up with came up to me and said that we had perfect twirling dresses and therefore had to dance. So we did a lot and it was adorable and it one of my most favorite memories. Also we have a picture of me holding DH bridal style cause we are non traditional like that, lol.

Any drama?
    I didn't want to do the wedding in the first place, but DH convinced me we would want those memories. We ended up making 4 different cakes because every time we settled on a flavor someone in my immediate family threw a fit because they didn't like it and wouldn't get to have cake. We ended up with red velvet with cream cheese frosting, white with raspberry filling and white frosting, white with white buttercream filling and white frosting and chocolate with white frosting. Also my MIL showed up in jeans and a black long sleeve shirt and left early. I still have not forgiven her for it. Also we had a contingency plan in case it rained but it ended up being the hottest day of the year so far and we were not prepared. Also my mom was driving me nuts and i walked around referring to her as "Captain Chaos" for most of the day. I also wanted to walk down the aisle to the theme from Indiana Jones but my mother had a fit so i choose the Sundays' cover of  "Wild Horses" instead. It puts a smile on my face every time i hear it now.

Our officiant called me Amber in the middle of our ceremony, which is no where near my name. He paused and was like "wait that's not right..." everyone laughed and we moved on. 

Any regrets?
    We did it fast and on a budget, which didn't really account for a photographer. Most are expensive and booked out far in advance round here. Well my mom had a friend of a friend offer to do them cheap and they are awful. I don't have any up and it's the one thing i really wish i could do differently.

@MRDCle I had 4 different people get in touch with me in the days afterwards saying they had a song from our wedding stuck in their head. For all of them it was "Home" by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros!
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • Options
    @kangstadt, that’s an awesome dress! 
  • Options
    HGRichHGRich member
    edited December 2018
    Enjoying reading these! I love weddings too! 

Late July 2012

Bright royal blue and orange. The blue was the main color on the bridesmaids and the groomsmen’s ties, and the orange was from the flowers. I had big gerbera daisies and zinnias and loved the bouquets. 

We had a great gathering of just the right size, stayed under our limited budget, and picked the people to be in our wedding party who are still in our lives today (I have no sisters and DH has no brothers so we had to go with friends, and for me, only one of my four maids isn’t really in touch still.) I also loved my dress. 

Any drama?
    No, though I did almost all of the work myself, because my maids were busy and my MOH was studying for her CPA exam the summer before we got married and I was overwhelmed. A lot of it was diy and my mom was hours away. I had a little resentment that I didn’t have more help. But I also didn’t want to look like a bridezilla. Also I don’t think my mom enjoyed the day. She was so stressed and also experiencing a really heavy and painful period that day. I feel bad for her, since I’m her only daughter. 

Any regrets?
    Only that we didn’t get to greet all of our guests. The DJ announced we were leaving before I was really ready. I wanted to party much longer. Oh yeah, and I was really disappointed in my cake. It tasted great but the baker didn’t really design it how I wanted at all. 
  • Options

What month/year did you get married? 8/8/16

What were your colors/theme? We did navy and gold with a Star Wars theme. The Star Wars theme was a surprise for DH. I also kept it subtle because I still wanted a traditional style. 

What was your favorite part? Hmmm, I was so stressed that day and there was a lot drama so maybe when I actually got to sit down and eat. The speeches were good too. My MOH’s phone went off a few times during the speeches which had everyone cracking up. 

Any drama? So much. At my bachelorette party my sister in law got drunk and told me I wasn’t good enough for her brother and that she originally didn’t like me but she was ok with me now ( um thanks?) She also repeatedly called my MOH a bridezilla which started sooooo much drama between the two because my MOH paid for the trip to Reno and basically everything we did there ( cabana, two bottle services, two bedroom suite). Also my parents forgot DD at the venue so she was 3 and roaming around the place crying until my friends husband found her and carried her to our hotel. I’ve never felt so awful in my life. 

Any regrets? I wish I spent more time enjoying the day than running around getting things ready. 

• Options
    @lilpotatomama love the veil! I think we had the same one or very similar!
  • Options
    Ohhh I forgot. DH's twin brother totally roasted me in his speech. I was crying from laughing so hard. I love that we had paid someone to video everything so we have it on tape.
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty - my first marriage we did the same with a photographer and she took 3 months to get the pictures back and they were eh. The 2nd time around I spent $900 for our elopement pictures just for 2 hours alone with a wedding photographer and they were worth every penny!

• Options
    This is so fun to read! I love weddings!

What month/year did you get married? April 2013

What were your colors/theme? @mrstmoose we choose gray and yellow too! We had gray bridesmaid dresses with yellow flowers and the groomsmen had black suits (couldn't get DH to do gray). My mom made the arrangements for the reception which were yellow hydrangeas and other wildflowers that we picked out at Hobby Lobby. She made me wreath that I put on my front door each April that are from those flowers. 

What was your favorite part? Honestly, my favorite memory was seeing my husband's face when the doors opened for me to walk down the aisle.  He was tearing up and had so much love in his eyes. The photographer got a photo of it which I cherish dearly.  I loved my dress,  I never felt more beautiful in my life.  We also got married in the church I grew up in.  My grandparents, parents, brother/SIL, and other family members have also gotten married there. 

We only had roughly 3-4 months to plan the wedding and sometimes I regret that we got married so quickly because we didn't have a great budget. But looking back it really was good timing because it was right before my MIL got very sick and our pastor passed away from cancer the next year. So the timing really did work out just fine.

Any drama? I didn't know about it till later but my BIL invited his estranged wife (we specifically did not invite her) and she caused a bunch of drama - getting lost right before the ceremony and my FIL had to go pick her up because my BIL doesn't have a license.  My wedding coordinator didn't know where he was and he cause the ceremony to start late.  Luckily, my wedding coordinator didn't let her into the sanctuary because her hair was wet and she was wearing a pink track suit. I'm also still pissed that my DH's best friend left early during the reception because he had to go write a paper. He's not really a great friend and my DH can't see it. 

Any regrets? Sometimes I wish we would have done the big reception with dinner, dancing, and drinks but other times I'm glad we didn't cause we saved a bunch of money keeping it simple. One of girls that was my bridesmaid stopped talking to me for no reason about 6 months after the wedding. I wish I hadn't asked her to be in it. Overall, I loved our wedding and have really good memories. 
  • Options
    @kosmo86 I really want to renew our vows at some point (ideally on a beach in Hawaii, lol) and a good photographer is an absolute must. Maybe for our 10 year.

We are seriously lacking good photos, or really photos at all of us. I still haven't gotten professional ones of DD and they've been something i've wanted for years.
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • Options
    What month/year did you get married? April 2011
    What were your colors/theme? Orange and purple. Birds of paradise. 
    What was your favorite part? We had a casual 50 person ceremony and reception but it was all fake. Our friend “married” us. My favorite part there was rapping Gin and Juice and watching my in laws jaws hit the floor. 
    A few days later we flew to Japan and got official married on our honeymoon. It was amazing. 
    Any drama? At the fake wedding there was a huge bee hive and some how 20 bees ended up in the bridal suite and I stung my foot walking around bare foot. 
    When we got home from Japan there was a ton of drama about how we ruined my in laws life with our fake wedding. Everyone in attendance knew it was fake, except them I guess?  They thought they weren’t included in the real thing but no one else was either. 
    Any regrets?  The PA system was buggy and If I had know I would have done something else. We didn’t have a dj just my iPod which I loved but the sound was terrible. And I wish we had a videographer. But we couldn’t afford it. 
  • Options
    What month/year did you get married? March 2014
    What were your colors/theme? Hot Pink and Turquoise, sounds.. loud... haha! I loved it!
    What was your favorite part? My nephew who was probably 6 at the time making fire alarm noises in the middle of our vows. 

Any drama? One of the groomsmen was sooo drunk and just being a complete ass. I think we've only talked to him once after the wedding.. And H's uncle tried to fight the DJ. Open bar just really messes people up!  :D
    Any regrets? It went by SO fast. I wish I would have slowed down and just enjoyed it more. also, I wish I would have danced with H more.. and our cake SUCKED. It looked sooo pretty but had no taste.

Here are a couple pics in the spoilers--

• Options
    What month/year did you get married?  December 31, 2008, 10 years! 
    What were your colors/theme? Black, red, white, and I used black and white polka dots as my “theme”
    What was your favorite part? People still talk about how much fun they had.  Everyone was dancing all night. 
    Any drama? Not really, I think I remember something about my sister fighting with my parents (she was 16 at the time) because she wanted to party with friends, but that’s it that I recall. 
    Any regrets? Not hiring a videographer- we bought a camcorder and DH set it up...but it was on night mode, and we look like robots moving around.  Also not spending more on the photographer.  He was fine, but I wish we had splurged and got amazing pictures. 
  • Options
    llamamamanycllamamamanyc member
    edited December 2018
    September 2016; we had been dating since December 2012

There wasn’t really a theme, but we got married on the ocean, so my bridesmaids wore navy and the guys wore navy ties/grey suits. Flowers were white with little touches of light pink/peach and succulents.

Our ceremony was wonderful! My husband’s cousin (who writes professionally and knows us both very well) served as our officiant. His service was perfect parts sentimental, sweet, and hilarious! Husband and I wrote our own vows, and we did our best to keep everything really personal. A dear friend who is a professional musician accompanied us up and down the aisle on classical guitar, we had my brother and goddaughter recite readings, and we kept the bridal party very small, despite having a large guest list. The party and dancing that followed was incredible! We had a fantastic DJ and the dance floor was packed all night! Husband and I entered the reception to “Controversy” by Prince and opened up the dance floor with Prince’s “Let’s Go Crazy”, followed by “Let’s Dance” by Bowie. Everyone was out of their chairs!

Any drama? 
    No drama at the actual wedding, but during the planning (on Thanksgiving, no less) my cousin’s wife made a huge stink about her teenage sons not being invited. It was a NO KID wedding minus our nieces who were flower girls, and my goddaughter who was my bridesmaid (my best friend was MOH; my BIL was best man, and that was it for wedding party!). I have an enormous Greek family so we decided early on it would be kid-free. A. it would have been easily 30 extra people and B. I really didn’t want a bunch of kids running around! It kind of ruined whatever relationship we had before. She said some very rude and hurtful things.

Any regrets?
    My only regret is that it didn’t last longer and I only got to spend about 5 minutes with each person who was there. We had about 200 people at the wedding. I’ll never have all those people together in a room at once ever again. It was magical!

• Options
    lilpotatomamalilpotatomama member
    edited December 2018
    @squirttheturtle @Llamamama I love both of those pictures by the water! If we didn’t live so far from a beach, I totally would have done a beach wedding. I love the ocean. 

@harveyisaboysname that long veil was a bitch to walk in, but so worth it! Did you feel like it was getting stuck when you walked? I was so sure it was going to get caught on a pew when I was walking down the aisle, and I just kept picturing myself rolling all the way down. 
  • Options
    June 2010

pink, silver, and white. With orchids and lilies

My dress, it had a beautiful train. And our honeymoon. 

Any drama?
    Just my MIL gave a stupid drunk toast because of course she was wasted. And my dad had to get stitches after doing the alligator dance and accidentally getting kicked in the face
    Oh and a few months before the wedding I had to get a new maid of honor. My former college  BFF was jealous and couldn’t accept me being in a different place in life than her. It worked out for the best because my MOH ended up being my best friend since kindergarten and she still is now and is DS godmother 

Any regrets?
    I always wish Pinterest was a thing back then lol. 
  • Options
    What month/year did you get married? 4/2010. Want to wish huge congratulations to all you newlyweds!!!!
    What were your colors/theme? Wizard of Oz (very subtly - red ruby peep toe shoes, and I walked down the isle to somewhere over the rain bow) my color was ruby red of course but accented with a soft pink. 
    What was your favorite part? Traditional Catholic ceremony, it was so beautiful and our priest gave such a wonderful homily about walking down the yellow brick road of life and marriage, partnership with your spouse and God. 
    Any drama? My BIL passed out drunk at the wedding party table at the beginning of the reception and slept through the whole thing. My husbands whole family know him as the guy who took a nap lol.  

My mom left our overnight bag in the car which got locked behind the gate at the church (she car pooled leaving the church for some reason and forgot it). So after the reception I had nothing to wear/charge into. And we couldn’t check into our hotel room because my wallet was in there too!!!  We got it hours later.... My mother was beyond stressed!!! She also arranged the limo- which was some sort of stripper-tactic, mirrored, disco SUV. I was afraid I was going to get VD sitting there in my dress!!!  I never told her how terrible it was...

(note our ceremony was at 10am and reception followed - lunch and was very small 38 people total, and it was a pretty reserved event: no DJ, no Dancing, it was more a family reunion meets upscale luncheon).

My niece was experimenting with her sexuality and tried to bring her GF as an unexpected guest. I wouldn’t have minded if she had RSVP’d that she was coming and ‘come out’ to her parents and the family before my wedding day.... so my mom policed the situation and told her it wasn’t the time or place... so they were both sour (but I had no idea until the next day lol) 

Any regrets? Not really, especially not looking back. 
  • Options
    @lilpotatomama I just remember it being very heavy. I had to walk down three flights of stairs to my aisle and was terrified of it snagging on something so I had a guest carry the end down so it never touched the stairs. It was way too expensive and beautiful to let it get damaged. I immediately took it off after the ceremony and put it on for a short period during pictures. So worth it though!
  • Options
    @lilpotatomama Happy Anniversary!
    @lyse01 your wedding details sound similar to mine. We used hurricane lamps as center pieces and planned to have them light during the reception but the rain put them out. Our song was an acoustic version of "You Won't Relent" by Jesus Culture with a verse of the lyrics being "Come be the fire inside of me, Until you and I are one" and the center peices would have been subtle but perfect with the song. Didn't happen haha
    @aqualicious Happy Anniversary!

What month/year did you get married? May 2017

What were your colors/theme? Navy Blue and White at my in-laws farm in front of the barn

What was your favorite part? How much money we saved? Lol My favorite part was probably our First Dance

Any drama? One of my brothers couldn't be there for my wedding because he was arrested the night before for Drunk in Public. He was 22 at the time and visiting from being stationed (Go Army). My mother called me the morning of our wedding and basically said "I'm not going to go pick him up, but if you want to he's at the ______ city jail." We couldn't pick him up because we were already on our way to the farm, heading in the opposite direction. I later learned that she was the one who called the police on him; they were hanging out together before he was arrested.
    Also, a wife of one of my brothers-in-law helped put on my wedding dress and made a couple comments during the process about how it was too small for me and didn't fit. Well, it fit fine every time I tried it on at the bridal shop and during alterations, plus I was on my period the day of my wedding. Those comments were unnecessary, but I didn't say anything to her about it.

Any regrets? I wish I had gotten a photo of the rainbows at my wedding. There were 3 at one time and it was amazing. Because it rained on my wedding day too haha
    I think of it as a sign from God that He was a part of our marriage and blessing our marriage.
  • Options
    What month/year did you get married?  October 2009

What were your colors/theme?  Spice and brown.  It was fall and the leaves were in the middle of changing colors so it was perfect!  We had sunflowers for the bouquets.   My favorite flower! DH’s cousin worked for a florist and was amazing at arrangements.  So we got a discount on having her make them and my bouquet was gorgeous!

What was your favorite part?  The whole day was perfect.  My dress.  The veil.  The weather.  The ceremony site.  The cake. Loved it all!  Also DH’s friends brought their old restored police cars (~10 in total) and from the ceremony to reception site we went lights and sirens. It was so cool!  My Dad also had just started showing signs of dementia but had a great day that day.  He really enjoyed himself especially the father/daughter dance.  It’ll be 10 years for us next year and we still have people tell us how fun it was.  

Any drama?  Barely because it was an oversight on DHs part.  He thought he paid the bill for the ceremony site but didn’t.  So on the day of, they asked for final payment.  FIL had to cover him until he could go to the bank the next day.  

Any regrets?  I would have splurged on a videographer.  DH’s uncle offered and since it was free we took him up on the offer.  The quality was ok but I wish we had hired a professional.  I would have loved to spend more time at the reception but we were taking pictures instead.  They came out great but we missed out on spending more time with our family and friends.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    booksandlacebooksandlace member
    edited December 2018
    St Patrick's Day 2012

Purple and Green, my favorite and his favorite colors. Storybook theme

Probably the food, loved our caterer and our cake was amazing too. I'm still in love with our cake topper  <3

Any drama?
    Not necessarily. We did have one guest bring an uninvited person and they apparently pre-gamed before the wedding. So I didn't mind too much when that uninvited person got tipsy, fell off a chair and hit her head on the bar (she was okay just thoroughly embarrassed)

Any regrets?
    Yes ugh my stupid DJs. They were awful, completely screwed up the ceremony music were pretty bad at the reception too, even playing dubstep like wtf.

I really liked my wedding dress too but it wasn't love, I mostly chose it for the price. I'd love  to renew our vows someday, something smaller and more intimate but exactly how I want it next time around