Trying to Get Pregnant

TTCAL w/o 12/10

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage/spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and/or stillbirth may be mentioned.** 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

GTKY? What is your dream job? 

Re: TTCAL w/o 12/10

• How is everyone!?

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. MMC 6/18

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? I've been feeling pretty down and haven't been in a good place to be supportive. I really thought I'd be pregnant again by my EDD and that doesn't look like it is going to happen.  Rave: I have been so busy with work travel and family stuff the last couple weeks, so that has been good. We have a bunch of parties to go to this weekend, so I'm excited to dress up and have fun. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? I'll test on Friday at 11dpo. We were technically supposed to be benched this cycle, but I didn't do a great job at following directions lol. 

GTKY? What is your dream job? I think an artist. But only if I didn't have to worry about money... 

• @kgg2241the hope to be preg prior is a deep seated one. I'm sorry that it's not looking promising. It's good that you've kept busy. Have an awesome time this weekend! My work party is Sat and I'm pretty excited too, always a good time watching coworkers get drunk!

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. 3 losses this year (mmc in Feb, CP in Sept, MMC in Nov)

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? RE tomorrow. I'm useless at work because I have too many thoughts. I'm excited and worried and all sort of other things. I had a brutal migrane for 4 days (Fri to Mon) and I'm out of triptans until the 27th. The MC hormone issues caused way to many of those.... After my appt we are taking the day to do some shopping and just hang out together which will be great. We are also planning a weekend trip that I'm pretty stoked about.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? RE tomorrow so I'm assuming lots and lots of tests.....

GTKY? What is your dream job? To own my own aquatic pet store. It's probably my retirement plan 😊

• Loading the player...
  • @prpl11butterfly haha yes, work Christmas parties are always a hoot. Last year a coworker went up to his boss drunk and said "nice to meet you" while shaking his hand. He was soooo embarrassed the next day. Who doesn't remember their boss! Good luck at your appointment tomorrow. And I'm so sorry about the migraine. I get them too and they are just the worst! 

@shamrocandroll I am so sorry for you loss. You are definitely welcome here. I'm also sorry about the announcement milestone. That is so so hard and just so unfair.

@ruby696 good luck tomorrow! It is definitely scary, but hopefully you can get some answers or at least know you are doing all you can to move forward. 
  • @ruby696 I hope your appointment goes well w/ the RE & gives you some good info/answers! <3

@shamrocandroll I'm sorry about your limbo & YH's schedule. I hope you figure something out via the OPKs/answers come soon! <3

@prpl11butterflyI am glad you have a solid plan for what to do after RE, since it sounds like those tests can be stressful--I am not sure which results you'll know immediately and which you might have to wait for, so retail therapy and a fun weekend = good choices. <3

@kgg2241I love dressing up. I'm sorry that you haven't felt able to be the support that in turn gets you the support you might need--it can definitely be so hard, but it's gracious of you to know that about yourself. I very much enjoy the dressing up part of parties--you'll look bomb & have a great time. <3

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. 1 CP in early Oct. of this year.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? I was hoping (foolishly, I know, I know...) I'd be KU by the holidays so I could tell my one cousin who's KU I was too & shhh not to tell anyone. Her EDD is right around when mine would have been (which I told her--she was in my wedding & we're decently close. I really struggled whether or not to tell her, but I knew she'd be supportive, and I'm glad I did bc she really has been.) I am not sure how/if that's going to affect me in any unexpected ways when I see her (holidays will be the 1st time we've seen each other IRL since the summer). I also will be on the TWW during xmas & I know, I know, I knowwww one can have drinks then even if you're trying, but I am paranoid, esp. since my CP, & won't want to but also I don't want to have to tell my fam why I'm not drinking bc I don't need them knowing we're trying--it will add to the stress of whether or not it happens for me. I think I might fake drinking-- some seltzer & ice in a clear cup couIddd be an alcoholic beverage, no one would know it wasn't. I never get ¡[[{DrUnK}]]! anyway.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? I am using OPK/charting for the first time this cycle (we were NTNP before the CP), and so that's got this whole learning curve built into it, but I *do* enjoy learning.

GTKY? What is your dream job? I want to teach creative writing at a small arts college, preferably somewhere warm. Or own a bookstore that is also a cafe & art gallery. Or--both.

• @kgg2241 sorry you’ve been feeling down. I totally hear you on being busy with other things, it can be a weird blessing.

@prpl11butterfly good luck with the RE tomorrow. I hope it gives you some answers and helps you relax your minds with all the thoughts 

@shamrocandroll so sorry for your loss. I understand missing family when times are tough. I hope you get to spend more time with DH soon.

@ruby696 good luck at your appointment tomorrow. I hope it helps you answer some questions.

@kagesstarshroom if you want to hold off on the alcohol during TWW, then you should do that. I think it should be whatever makes you feel right. People can put so much pressure about drinking, it can drive one nuts!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMe: 40  H: 38

***TW***

****trigger warning****

1 LC, girl 5 years old

TTC #2 Summer 2017

BFP 1/5/2018, MC (D & E) 2/23/2018

TTCAL May 2018

BFP 9/20/2018, MC (D & E) 11/16/2018 :'(

• @shamrocandroll I'm so sorry you're here. Just know that I am thinking of you and sending huge hugs <3

@prpl11butterfly and @ruby696 good luck at your appts tomorrow!

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. MMC at the end of Oct.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?

Rant: I honestly have no idea where I am in my cycle. I had a totally normal period (heavy-ish and 5 days long) which was nice and then I've been using OPKs but have only had relatively low levels for the last week and a half. I should have ovulated the other day, but I highly doubt that happened, so we'll see if I get a later surge or something. 

Rave: We had our office potluck and white elephant gift exchange and it was SO FUN! So much amazing food and a lot of hilarious gifts (squatty potty being one of the best). I walked away with a 40 oz. bottle of Rosé, so I'd say I lucked out. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nothing coming up until I get a BFP again.

GTKY? What is your dream job? I've always wanted to have a job in the medical field. I am really great with people, so being a doctor would be amazing, but that life just isn't for me. I opted out of being a nurse after I took some nursing classes in HS and got too attached to a patient that passed away. I just can't distance myself emotionally. 

*TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @zuuls_mom I hope you start to learn your cycle again soon so you can get a clear picture of what's up. I love the White Elephant game. We had a Dirty Santa exchange at work recently and I walked away with a turkey hat and, compared to the other gifts, I think I walked away a winner.

Picture of similar hat in spoiler
    Image result for turkey hat

Introduce yourself : 2 MMC this year. 2nd was in mid-November at 12 weeks.

How are things going? Yesterday was not a good day for me. I think drinking alcohol might be making my grief worse and I cannot control the tears when they start to come, even in public. I swear my heart is in my throat these days. When I got home, DH told me he had client drinks and wouldn't be home for dinner and, really, all I wanted to do was spend time with him. When he got home, pretty late, I tried to talk to him and he said he thinks I need professional help--- not just for this grief (which he says he's also feeling) but for all of the general complaining I do about shit like the weather, commutes, work, etc. I told him 'I don't need him to solve my problems and when I tell him something is bothering me, I am looking for him to give me some love and just tell me it's going to be okay. I can handle my own shit but it's nice to have some emotional support'. He basically said if he cannot give me good advice (read: solve my problems) and have me take it, then he doesn't know how to help me. I said, 'I just told you how you can help me. I need you just to listen and support me. But, from what you're saying, it doesn't seem like you can or want to provide that.'

I think there is a difference between grief and depression, but I'm not sure when one ends and other begins. I am still getting up in the morning and doing all of the things I normally do, taking care of all my responsibilities. I'm not really doing it with a smile on my face and, geez, the holidays are tough when you have just had a tragedy. Who doesn't have a hard time feeling cheerful after someone you love dies??

I guess I just ranted a lot there. My head is all over the place. Thanks for reading that, if you did.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? I have an appointment with a recurrent miscarriage person in January. 

GTKY? What is your dream job? I've always wanted to be a dog sled guide. I did it once in Quebec and loved it.

***TW***

****trigger warning****

1 LC, girl 5 years old

TTC #2 Summer 2017

TTCAL May 2018

• kbrown2385kbrown2385 member
    edited December 2018

Totally late to this thread, it’s been quite the week so far.

@prpl11butterfly and @ruby696 good luck with your appts! 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. 5 losses 11/13, 1/17, 11/17, 4/18, 9/18

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? I had my first appt with my RE yesterday and I am very happy with the direction we are going. I learned a couple things about progesterone supplementation that kind of annoyed me and I’m glad I’ve learned. Since I am in the tww we’ve added some in to see if that helps. Also getting further testing done for both myself and dh. Overall, very happy with my experience and looking forward to getting some kind of answer. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Preliminary testing came back normal, just got bw for karyotyping done and will schedule a SIS next month. 

GTKY? What is your dream job? A librarian, ever since I was young. 

Edit for tags

• Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: MC 8/18

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? Holidays are hard since I picture what it would be like to be 6 months pregnant. But overall I'm doing ok. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Had an appt with my endocrinologist and he upped my thyroid meds since TSH was high. He said could help with getting pregnant and with weight loss. Fingers crossed. 

GTKY? What is your dream job? I would love to be Secretary of Health of the US but will settle for California. 

@radiohd18 I am also thinking about going to therapy, not just for the mc but for anxiety, which was made worse by mc. My dh was very supportive since he too felt helpless trying to make me feel better. You have to give yourself time to grieve. Its totally ok. Hope it works out for you.

@kagesstarshroom I'm right there with you. Xmas and New Year fall into my TWW. I will also have to fake drink. I don't want to deal with all the questions either. Helps to have my dh play interference. Good luck.

• @radiohd18 I'm sorry you're having a hard time. I think its completely normal to feel negative about all kinds of random things when the universe just shit on you (at least, that's how I feel about my losses). A month is nothing - its certainly not enough time to grieve your loss. I also think therapy might be beneficial if YH can't support you the way you need him to. Or if not therapy, maybe a good friend? I've also found that writing down my feelings is very cathartic. 
  • @radiohd18 I agree with DPJennifer - be kind to yourself, you need it the most right now. DH says those things b/c he honestly doesn't know what else to say. I will 100% say I could not drink alcohol after any of my MCs for a good two or three months otherwise I would end up crying myself to sleep. Also, my therapist has been GOLD for me. It's not a bad idea. Not to say you NEED one. But if there's anything that can make this shit time easier, why not? Big hugs  <3<3
  • @radiohd18 I'm so sorry you are feeling so down. Like the other ladies, please be easy on yourself. It really hasn't been long at all since you last MC. It is a lot to process and I feel like sometimes it gets worse before it gets better. I wish I could give you a big hug. 

@dpjennifer I am so sorry about where you find yourself. I cannot imagine. I've been a bit MIA, so sorry if you've already updated everyone, but how did your last therapy appointment go with DH? Still putting a hard no on the adoption conversation? I'll be thinking of you and hope you can find some sort of peace in how you decide to move forward.  <3

@maserrano714 Holidays are the worst. I feel like at other times I don't think about how far along I should be, but with all the family and kid centered stuff my mind automatically goes there during the holidays. Good luck with the new thyroid meds. Hopefully they make a difference. 

@kbrown2385 So glad you liked your RE and feel comfortable with how you are moving forward!

@zuuls_mom I totally get it about the nursing thing. I had the same experience and decided it wasn't the right career for me. Good luck figuring out your cycle. I've had a super short LH surge since my MC. I could test just once a day before, but now I test in the AM, at 5:00 PM, and at 10:00 PM before bed. 
  • kgg2241 He's still pretty adamant about the no adoption thing. But he'd be ok if we kept trying biologically, although I'm pretty much done with my body. So we have a lot of conversation coming up to determine what we're going to do...

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @dpjennifer Would he be open to a surrogate or to donor eggs? I know of all that gets really expensive, but if you can swing it, it might be a good compromise. 
  • @dpjennifer @maserrano714 @ruby696 @nomangos23 thanks all for the support. 
    It's really nice to hear from people who can relate in some way.

I was in therapy for a year after my dad died; this was about 10 years ago, and I knew I needed to talk to someone when it had been 8 months and my grief was worsening. Along with talk therapy, they also gave me an anti-depressant which completely suppressed any physical emotions... it actually kept me from physically crying. I'm not sure I am ready to talk to someone again, although I do generally recommend it. I agree with all of you, a month after a loss is nothing in the sense of time! 

@dpjennifer I am so sorry to find yourself at this point and what you might be thinking is the end of the road?? I have been following your journey and also wonder like kgg2241 what became of adoption consideration with your DH? I hope you find some peace.  <3

***TW***

****trigger warning****

1 LC, girl 5 years old

TTC #2 Summer 2017

TTCAL May 2018

• @dpjennifer dang I'm so sorry you have such a tough decision to make. That is hard. I'll be thinking of you. 
  • @dpjennifer We're currently NTNP.  My OB said the biggest reason she recommended waiting until after AF is just so I'll know where I am in my cycle.  But there's no real reason we can't start trying now.  So I guess we'll see what happens in the next couple of weeks.  

I'm really sorry to hear you're reaching such a hard decision point.  Wishing you the strength to get through it.  Be kind to yourself! 
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @prpl11butterfly I’m so glad your appt went well. Good luck with testing and I hope you’re able to get some answers.

@maserrano714 I completely feel you on how hard the holidays are. I go off social media (except here) for a little bit because it helps me mentally not to be reminded with all the announcements that come along this time of year. Good luck with your med changes.

@dpjennifer I’m so sorry you are in this situation. I hope you and th are able to come to some kind of agreement that works for both of you.

@radiohd18 I agree with others who suggested therapy. After my loss last November, I developed anxiety. Once I started therapy I was able to handle subsequent losses much better as well as dealing with the day to day anxiety and anger I was feeling. I’ll be keeping you in my thoughts.

@ruby696 I hope your appt went well!

• @radiohd18 Definitely a difference between grief and depression, and I agree with everyone that after only a month you can definitely cut yourself some slack. But if it is persisting, or you and YH continue to struggle with it, I thought therapy was outrageously helpful. Not only did I learn how to manage my grief, it also really helped my relationship with MH because then I wasn't asking him to carry this emotional burden that neither of us was really equipped to carry. Working with a professional gives me a predictable time and place and person to put all this angst and anxiety and grief, with the added benefit of teaching me from an evidence-based perspective how to be better at managing it myself. Hang in there. It's a scary time, but I hope you find the right strategies that help you. And, there's no time limit on sadness. My last MC was in July 2017 and I still get sad about it. 

@dpjennifer Ugh. I don't have good words for where you find yourself but I am hoping that you and DH continue to have productive conversations. Thinking of you.

@prpl11butterfly @kbrown2385 @ruby696 So glad RE appointments went well! 
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. 2 MC in 2017. Diagnosed with uterine septum August 2018 and had that sucker removed in Nov with a hearty "do not let the cervix hit ya on the way out!"

Status: Benched. Beginning to feel like I have been and will be benched forever, even though I know it's not true. Finishing up this cycle's AF, which means I only have to wait one more cycle, but we might push it out another month or two.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? I am coming in to this thread late this week because things have been BUSY. Work is a little crazy, DH started a new job, the holidays make home life and the to-do list a bit nutty, and all I really want to do is read a book! :) I have never really loved the holiday season even before I added grief to the mix, but I am working really hard to find and sort of name the things about the holidays I do like and that is helping my mood a bit. I love getting Christmas cards and sending ours out and I love how our cat sleeps under the Christmas tree all season and I am just reminding myself of these little, peaceful things to get me through the drama of the rest of it!

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nope.

GTKY? What is your dream job? A writer. Preferably of funny stuff. Maybe a "misadventures" writer where I could write about all the little humorous mistakes I make while traveling/camping/backpacking/etc. 

• @ruby696 I'm glad your appointment went well AND that you feel like being benched is going to be worth it for you not only physically but emotionally. i'm really glad for the insight that the appt help you get. but oh that breaks my heart that you felt that way when you saw the nurse! when got my BFP before my CP, I went to the university clinic to get it confirmed bc I was like "this isn't happening" & the Nurse was so so excited to tell me it was a go--I imagine a university nurse doesn't often get to give good news to patients that come in for pregnancy tests? When I had the CP, though, a big part of me felt like I let that particular Nurse down. I couldn't understand at all why I felt/still feel that way, so--short story long, I understand that you felt that way, though I hope you can recognize that shame as irrational, as I am trying to reconcile the same for myself when I think of that Nurse and my feelings about her. I'm glad both you and DH left feeling pretty good--that's a good sign! <3

@minnek8 You should write if you want to! I think everyone who wants to write should. It's not like... sewing or something where if the end product sucks there is no point--at the very least, writing is something that can be cathartic for people, and if it's not as good as you want it to be, there are plenty of workshops out there for you to share it with other writers & teachers & get the work to the point that it is worthy of sharing. Again, not like sewing where you'd have to start from scratch likely to make something good. Also, you gave some great advice re: therapy to @radiohd18, so I am here to second that with a hearty hearhear! <3

@prpl11butterfly Also glad to hear your appointment went well! (&...I'm grateful for these follow-ups! It's one thing to say "I have an appointment" and another to let us know it went well.) I'm glad DH can bring you again on Mon., and then sorry he'll be away, but away 'til Wed. night doesn't sound toooo too bad? <3

• So so happy to hear you both had good RE appointments, @ruby696 and @prpl11butterfly!!!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

Hi there. I'm happy to be joining a network of support but sad to be apart of it. I was active on the bump back in 2014 but am starting fresh now. We started TTC for #3 in August and have had 3 back to back losses. MC at 6.5 weeks in September, CP in November, CP  in December.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? I'm really sad to be having this third loss in a row. I was so hopeful that it would work out and that the first two were just bad luck, but now I'm sure there's more to it.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? I have an appointment with an RE scheduled for January 8th so I'm sure we'll have a lot of testing coming up soon.

GTKY? What is your dream job? I'm currently working my dream job. I've wanted to be a veterinarian since I was 4 and that's what I currently do :)

• @drdolittle22 Hi there and sorry you've found yourself here. My third loss was very hard for me too. Like once, a fluke, twice bad luck.. but three times?  That was a hard pull to swallow. Good luck on your upcoming RE appointment. I found just talking to a fertility professional who was so thorough so helpful. 
  • @drdolittle22 welcome and sorry you find yourself here. I agree that the 3rd loss is a sharp knife of reality. I'm hoping the time between now and your appt goes quickly. Like nomangos, just talking to mine this week was helpful. I hope you find the same.
  • @nomangos23 and @prpl11butterfly thank you for the support. I’m really looking forward to the appointment to get a plan in place. It’s been such a dark few months that I actually have a ray of light with some hope. 
  • @zuuls_mom Woohoo!  I hope your date went wonderfully and your TWW goes by quickly!!!  <3 

@drdolittle22 I'm so sorry for your losses.  I hope you have good fortune from here on!!!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19