August 2019 Moms

Mental Health Discussion 12.12.18

Whether it’s grief, depression, anxiety, or some complex and overwhelming situation, this thread is for talking it out and getting some support. Use it whenever and however you need it. Answer the questions below, start your own conversation, let US support YOU! (I borrowed some of this from other BMBs to create this thread so any and all feedback on formatting is appreciated.)

How are you feeling this week?

Is anything bothering you? Any stressful things happening or coming up?

What are you doing to take care of YOU this week?

What are your goals for the next few weeks?

Questions/comments/concerns?

Re: Mental Health Discussion 12.12.18

• Loading the player...
  • How are you feeling this week? At times, on edge. Definitely anxious. 

Is anything bothering you? Any stressful things happening or coming up? I am just anxious to see this first u/s. Our first pregnancy was a MMC, and the first appt was when we saw that. My in laws are coming on Friday and staying til Jan 4. Looking forward to their visit, but 5 extra people to keep entertained in my house only 6 months after an international move is intimidating.  

What are you doing to take care of YOU this week? I've slacked on housework and taken naps when my 2 year old naps. 

What are your goals for the next few weeks? Try to get more sleep while I have ILs here to help, watch my nutrition as best I can, and work on breathing for anxiety.

Questions/comments/concerns? Not really, just trying to be mindful and avoid anxiety medication this pregnancy.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • How are you feeling this week?

Super scattered, SO freaking tired, on edge. I’m also cold turkey med withdrawal and caffeine! @deecherise Anti depressants/anxiety & ADHD. Friday not only did I make it to work without my laptop AND my phone, but when I turned around and went home I decided to take care of some work fires before going back to work. When I was done, I walked out to my car and realized that I had left it running in the driveway for the 30 min that I was inside. 😳 I was also fighting a 3 day headache at the time. I think I’m finally over the hump now though and seem to be evening out now.

I will add add that I don’t suggest stopping cold turkey. Always, talk to your doctor about any med changes. ...stepping off soapbox now.

Is anything bothering you? Any stressful things happening or coming up?

yep. 

What are you doing to take care of YOU this week?

I finished getting all the Christmas decorations up, put away those totes, and did a general house cleaning. I always feel better when I’m not surrounded by a mess. I imagine my boys will have the house destroyed tomorrow, but at least I had tonight! 

What are your goals for the next few weeks?

1. Savor the last Christmas as a family of four.
    2. Tell my boys about the baby and prey that they don’t spill the beans to the fam before we can tee it up as planned.
    3. Try not to eat all the chocolate. 

Questions/comments/concerns? 

• @boymom312 same med combo-- it's really rough without my Strattera!! Doc said it's safe to keep taking my antidepressant/anti-anxiety med, but that risk of pulmonary hypertension in the third trimester is too scary to me. Things are finally evening out for me as well--glad to hear that you're doing better too!
  • Can I just say that having a thread like this is amazing?! I am a licensed mental health therapist so I really appreciate any considerations taken for mental health, especially at a crazy time like this! It also makes me think about scheduling with my therapist because it has been a minute lol

How are you feeling this week? Emotionally mostly okay. I am a little nervous about our first US on Friday and just want everything to look okay. It is the last week of school and everyone is crazytown so I am looking forward to being on break!

Is anything bothering you? Any stressful things happening or coming up? Christmas is always stressful for my husband and I because our families are a little nuts and don't always get along. At least this year we are sharing some awesome news (we are the firsts for everything - first marriage, first house, and now first baby/grandbaby for both sides!!) so I am hoping that goes well. We are telling our super close friends first just because we will see them all together Friday so hoping they can keep the secret.

What are you doing to take care of YOU this week? Give myself a break. I have been so fatigued and feeling nauseous and I keep beating myself up over not eating 100% healthy and not trying to exercise every day. I have to remind myself I am not being lazy, I am growing a baby!!!

What are your goals for the next few weeks?  To relax!!!

Questions/comments/concerns? None right now, but thanks for this thread!
  • @drmrsthecounselor agreed! My last bmb had similar check-ins and it was perfect. (We also did “why my family is driving me crazy”, since a number of us had some toxic situations!)

Pregnancy can do a number on us in so many ways. I was in the mental health field as well, it’s such important work ❤️
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers