Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Wednesday 12/12

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO:

Timing:

Typical LP length: 

Testing:

R/R: 

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Wednesday 12/12

• Month/Cycle:  23/5 after bench 

CD/DPO: 16/7

Timing: good

Typical LP length: 15 days

Testing:  probably soon SS is strong and early this cycle

R/R:  not much going on.  I am trying to convince myself go get out of bed and get crap done and it is not working. 

CS/Q:  rockier than normal temps because I have been stuffy and mouth breathing.  My thermometer is also crap and not very reliable.

• @holly321 oh man, I’m right there with you in the SS boat. FX for you. 

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 21/8 or 9

Timing: :+1:

Typical LP length: unknown

Testing: Saturday

R/R: DH and I went on an impromptu dinner date last night. It was nice to spend time reconnecting after we’ve both been so busy. 

CS/Q: Just trucking along...

• Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 6/5 or something. I sort of lost track and don't want to go back and look.

CD/DPO: 36/11

Timing: good I think? Tried to do better but it was really difficult with all of the bad news we were receiving about my Dads health during that time...

Typical LP length: my apps say 14...

Testing: won't be today or tomorrow. Maybe Fri or sat. My apps say I should get af sat or sun...

R/R: what a month. It's been really stressful . We have gotten really awful and scary news about my Dads health and there for awhile it kept getting worse. He's starting treatment today, thankfully, and I'm praying his body reacts well to it. 
    My cycles seemed to be getting regular (37, 35, then 30 days) then last month jumped to like 43 days and now I'm on day 36. Looking back, I'm wondering if I actually ovulate before my +opk. I Didn't think it was possible but apparently it is. My temp seems to rise a couple days prior to my +opk and this cycle I realized my cm seemed more fertile the days leading up to the +opk than the actual day of the +opk. 

Miss you ladies. Haven't been on in about 2 wks...

C/S: chart in spoiler

• b_1029b_1029 member
    edited December 2018
    @holly321 I am also currently trying to get myself out of bed. You can do it!! 
    @themadcamel aw that’s so nice you and YH had a random weeknight date! Glad you had fun. 
    @nightdreamr13 welcome back! I’m sorry to hear about your dads health. I hope the treatment helps him and isn’t too hard on his body. 
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    edited December 2018
    Edited because apparently auto correct doesn’t work on the app

Month/Cycle: 14

CD/DPO: 23/11-12

Timing: great

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: Saturday? I’m not hopeful 

R/R: no real rants today but like holly I’m struggling to get out of bed today. I was exhausted yesterday after being emo Monday night and then I couldn’t sleep last night. The struggle! Rave- only one more day in the office and then it’s my WFH day! 

CS/Q: eh 

• @nightdreamr13 I’m sorry about your dad and I hope that he responds well to the treatment. 

@themadcamel  yay date nights! The impromptu ones are the best, too. 

@holly321 fx for your testing. I’m right there with you with trying to be productive, making coffee was a win this morning. 

Month/Cycle: 63 

CD/DPO: 26/12

Timing: Ok

Typical LP length: 12-13

Testing: when I get home from work if AF doesn’t come

R/R: I think I’m getting a cold, but we have a make your own slime program today and my coworkers would really rather have me share my germs than leave them alone for that.

My soup from last night came out great, but I think my instant pot hates me. It never beeped when it was done.  I need to reread the manual. 

CS/Q: Nope
    Me 36, DH 48
    Married since 9/9/12
    TTC since 9/13
    DX: Unexplained infertility 11/18
    IUI #1: Jan 19, BFN
    IUI #2: Feb 19, TBD
  • Month/Cycle: 2/1

CD/DPO: 21/6

Timing: great

Typical LP length: ?

Testing: Saturday morning 

R/R: not much going on, MH is  making my favorite dinner tonight (cajun chicken pasta) so I'm excited about that. 

CS/Q: not sure why my temps seem to be on a decline 

• Month/Cycle: 1

CD/DPO: 28/9

Timing: poor

Typical LP length: 10

Testing: nope, AF is on her way anyway, all the signs are here.

R/R: I really hate some of the people I work... really self-righteous pompous people.

CS/Q: nooo

@kimmer1412 Others may know better but I'm not sure the temps really mean much before like 8 dpo, and even then they may not mean anything. 

@Noodle9912 FX for you today! Also I really want an instant pot.

@b_1029 WFH is the best day!

@nightdreamr13 I hope your dad responds well to the treatment!

@holly321 FX for you if you test!

@themadcamel I'm glad you were able to get some time with DH!

• @holly321 Hear you on the SS train! What a bummer about your thermometer! 

@themadcamel Awe yay on the date night! That's always so special to do!

@nightdreamr13 Missed you, friend! So sorry about your dad, hopefully he responds well to the treatment  <3. That's good news that you're cycles are getting shorter! 

@b_1029 It must be going around with the struggle getting out of bed! I snoozed my workout alarm so looks like after work workout it is lol. That's awesome you get a work from home day! 

@Noodle9912 FX for you for testing today! Hope you feel better soon! Glad your soup turned out nice! Your IP might have not beeped because the steam might have been too hot still maybe? I know ours takes a bit but it's set up for it to beep when it's safe to open the lid!

@kimmer1412 Oh yum! Your dinner sounds amazing! So nice YH is cooking! 

@creamcheeseplease So sorry you're dealing with those people at work!

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 23/6?

Timing: Okay!

Typical LP length: 7-11ish days.

Testing: WFAF

R/R: Back on track on my diet this week after a two-day hiatus over the weekend. DH's work party was interesting to say the least but the food was awful. Everyone kept saying how good it was but I was kind of angry I blew my diet for THAT haha. But I am picky because I make things a certain way and grew up in a Italian/Irish family. Also finished shopping for DH, now I just have to find some cute stuff to fill his stocking and finish making a basket for my mom!

CS/Q: Discarded the high temps over the weekend since I was drinking and took them at a different time. I also think my body is fighting off a cold (seriously think PNV are really pulling their weight lol). I had my LH tested yesterday so hopefully I can find some sort of clarity lol.

TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Back later for tags.. Apparently there's work to do today :/

Month/Cycle: 13

CD/DPO: 10 DPO

Timing: -2, -1

Typical LP length: 13

Testing: been there done that

R/R: Ugh, still no spotting, unusually high temps and every PG symptom in the book. Finally stopped wasting $$ on FRERs so that's a positive I guess? 

Guys I have a major rant. There's this woman at work who has some sort of stomach problem, I don't know what it is. IBS? Crohns Disease? Anyways... She keeps having accidents at work. And not the easy to clean up kind. Like, the messy kind. AAAALLLLL over the bathrooms, AAALLLLL down the hallways.. The building manager recently had to replace all of the carpet because...well, I'm sure you can imagine. I can't use the bathrooms at work anymore b/c of what I've seen in there. 

It's a catch 22 b/c obviously she can't help it and poor poor woman but I should not be worried I may literally step in shit anytime I come to work. 

CS/Q:
  • @brookert615 Hope your LH test results bring you some answers. My family is also Italian/Irish. My mom (the Irish one) always complains that we're always making Italian food. I mean... there's only so many ways to cook a potato, mom!
    @creamcheeseplease Sorry you have to work with people like that. You do you, girl!
    @kimmer1412 a couple people told me yesterday that downward temps aren't too much to worry about as long as they're above the cover line. Cajun chicken pasta sounds yummy!
    @Noodle9912 FX for your test tonight and that AF doesn't come knocking. I heard there are facebook support groups for the instant pot.
    @b_1029 your chart is looking really good, though. FX!
    @nightdreamr13 sorry to hear that your dad is in poor health. Hope the treatments go well.
    @nomangos23 OMG that sounds awful! I feel so sorry for that poor woman, but also terrible for you and your coworkers for having to cope with it.
  • kimmer1412kimmer1412 member
    edited December 2018
    @nomangos23 that's disgusting, sounds like maybe she needs some depends and a doctors appointment. 

@themadcamel and @creamcheeseplease good to know about the temps thanks 
  • @littleredm - How's your dad doing today?

@holly321 - At the risk of sounding like a broken record, temp vaginally! lol What symptoms have you noticed??

@themadcamel - Aww, glad you had time to go on a date. MH and I need a date soon.

@nightdreamr13 - Welcome back! I hope your dad response well to the treatment. I'm going to agree with FF on your chart. Looks like you might have had a fallback rise right after O.

@b_1029 - Your chart looks amazing, girl!!! I'm SS for you, hahah!

@Noodle9912 - FX for you tonight!

@kimmer1412 - Yum, chicken pasta sounds amazing!

@creamcheeseplease - I hope you can get another day out of your LP. Are you going to do anything to try to lengthen it next cycle?

@brookert615 - Why did you get your LH tested? and what can that tell about your cycle right now? Shouldn't you not really have much LH after O?

@nomangos23 - That poor lady, and poor you!! I wouldn't want to use the bathrooms there either. 🤢

Month/Cycle: 8/7

CD/DPO: 23/5

Timing: ED

Typical LP length: 9-12

Testing: I keep changing my mind. Probably Tuesday? Maybe Wednesday morning if temps look good.

R/R: So many Christmas cookies everywhere!! I'm completely off my diet until January lol. I don't even care anymore.

CS/Q: 5dpo! Let the SS begin!

Also, look at this chart overlay 😍😍😍

• Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD/DPO: 25/15ish my life is a lie

Typical LP length: 14ish

Timing: C-

Testing: There’s a chance my body is more machine-like than I thought, so maybe again on Sunday if AF is still not here...

R/R: Free bagels (and donuts? maybe) at work today. Bring them all on, man! I am hungry this morning!! I think it’s supposed to be our holiday thank you from the site since they are too cheep cheep to throw us a Holiday Party.

CS/Q: How soon after waking up do you temp? If I don’t move, but temp 10 mins later is that okay? I’m groggy in the am and don’t feel like poking the lady bits wrong. I’m “practicing” with a crappy thermometer until I finally order one (perhaps with a backlight). 

• Thanks everyone. The support and well wishes mean a lot. He's one of my best friends so it's hitting me pretty hard. For awhile I was very confused about by ttc journey and what I wanted after this happened bc this will be a very long road.

I forgot to mention earlier that I've had a headache and I'm super tired this week. This could definitely be stress related but I have to say last wk I felt great (sticking to keto and having great success) and yet this wk I could sleep for hours and still want more sleep! The symptom that really has me wondering though  is my right breast is painful. It's not all the time, and Its usually off to the side kind of towards my arm pit but sometimes around the bottom. I was wondering if I should go to the Dr but I don't want to sound silly if we had a successful cycle. Although I feel like timing was good (-5,-2, -1,+1 is good, right?) I just felt like we didn't stand a chance due to stress this month. Should I be worried?

• @themadcamel Haha! Right? I'm lucky we have such good cooks in our family and things come so natural. 

@nomangos23 Oh my gosh! THAT'S INSANE! Hopefully she can find some help to get it under control! I've never heard of it being that bad! FX for you  <3<3<3.

@marebear I have to get all my thyroid/metabolic panel/etc. tested every 6 months or so but I have my endocrinologist appointment on Monday. I have a feeling that something weird is going on with my cycles since I only have gotten one peak day each month and I messed up my temps this month when it actually mattered. But it tells you what levels are normal for each phase and usually gives some sort of insight of where I'm actually at in my cycle. ANYWAYS... your chart look amazing and your BD schedule is so promising!!!! Enjoy all of the cookies!!! 

@lillywonderland Oh girl! Looking at your DPO and your usual LP length! Crossing everything for you! Also, I'm not sure if that really changes anything unless you're really tossing around. I pop my thermometer in my mouth and close my eyes on my pillow until it beeps but I might be over analyzing it all hahah. 
    TW
  • @lillywonderland - I think waiting 10 minutes while you wake up a little is okay, as long as you're not rolling around. I accidentally click your sig thinking it was your chart. 

@brookert615 - Could they tell you about how many DPO you are based on LH? That would be cool! 
  • Sexy SEMP-y September BMB Club? 
  • SEMP-xy September?
    Although now I might want to join August with suzycupcake . Technically my EDD would be August 30th since I O'd a few days earlier than I thought I would. But I'd hate being at the end of the month, so idk.
  • @Noodle9912 GL testing today! I'm glad your soup was yummy!
    @kimmer1412 your dinner sounds so delicious! Yay for a +1 to the Saturday POAS party.
    @creamcheeseplease ugh to stupid coworkers! Sorry for impending AF :(
    @brookert615 same on the snoozing through the workout alarm! Let's get it done after work! Interested to hear about the LH testing.
    @nomangos23 ah man. That sucks for the woman but like...she needs some sort of help. I can't even imagine how mortifying that must be for her, and how awful it is for everyone else who works there.
    @marebear15 with ya on the Christmas cookies! They're everywhere! I'm still so impressed by your BD streak. I would've dropped dead a week ago. Also, now I want to join August BMB too because suzy went in there and organized the ish out of it! I would be 8/26 or so.
    @lillywonderland ahhhh FX for you! I usually just roll over and temp immediately but if you're not moving around, I don't think it matters. And thanks for your kind words, as always!
  • @lillywonderland

And I'm a proofreader too... ugh

PS. I know it's Wednesday.
  • @marebear15 Oh that would be cool if they could! I'll just take it if I'm considered in the luteal phase lol. 

TW
  • lol My fault. I screwed marebear up. 

@holly321 Sorry for the stuffy-ness. Who says you need to get crap done? It's the holidays! A time to relax and rejoice in cookie eating! 

@themadcamel Charts lookin good girly! And yay for impromptu date nights. It is so refreshing to reconnect with DH. 

@nightdreamr13 I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I really hope this treatment works. Take as much time as you need for yourself. Also, I know stress can affect a cycle and it sounds like you've had a lot of that lately. Could have been an ann-o? Also, this cycle 23 and 25 look promising. Also, if stress was truly a cause of infertility, then no one whose trying would have babies :) 

@b_1029 Why are you not hopeful? Do all of your charts look this good? Are you worried about how early you ovulated? Do you temps always have that tri-phasic pattern?

@Noodle9912 I'm telling you, I never have any luck with my instant pot. Glad the soup came out ok. And FX for your test today!

@kimmer1412 Sorry for the temp decline but yay for you fav dinner. That sounds delicious! 

@creamcheeseplease Nooooo. I can't stand a-holes in the work place. It's like you can't get away from them! Hope your day ends up better! 

@brookert615 Ugh. Bad food at a party is the worst. I feel like the majority of people don't even know what good food is so it doesn't surprise me ppl kept talking about how good it was. I'm also convinced my PNVs are doing their work because I usually get sick around this time of year and I haven't caught it yet. 

@marebear15 I agree. I'm not even going to try and watch my diet for the next month. but I will keep up a little exercise. And when I say I little exercise I mean walking my dog 2x a week. 

• @nomangos23 I see that sass 🤣 the reason I’m not hopeful is because I don’t feel any different and if I’m being honest I POAS almost right after I posted this morning. These are my last few charts but this is the first time I’m temping vaginally so idk what normal is. 

• @b_1029 ohhh I forgot it was your first month temping vaginally. I'm sorry you're not feeling great about this month. I've just been very excited watching your chart so was wondering why you didn't feel great about it. FX for you

• The board is busy this week! At lunch now but will come back for tags soon.

Month/Cycle: 23/22

CD/DPO: 28/9

Timing: -4, -3, -1, 0, +2

Typical LP length: Not totally sure (this is an unmedicated cycle), guesstimate is 15 days

Testing: I caved and tested yesterday at 8DPO and again this morning, because I'm an emotional wreck with no self control lol. BFNs, of course. 

R/R: I work for the state and we have a VIP visiting the office today, so everyone is freaking out and being ridiculous. My boss dropped the annual report on my coworker's desk (which is in progress, but nowhere near finished) and said she wanted it completed to give to the VIP today, which was a three-hour notice. So she's trying to design and I had to copy edit the entire thing in next to no time at all. Also, she's known about this visit for a few days, apparently. 

CS/Q: Had some weird sharp pains on and off yesterday. SS way too hard lol.

• @nomangos23 thanks lady! I wasn't trying to be rude or anything :) it's just much easier for me to not have hope (and be pleasantly surprised? one day?) than to be super hopeful about it and be crushed when AF arrives! The only thing I am happy about is there was no fake out "implantation drop" this month  :D
  • @nightdreamr13 I am sorry about your dad’s health and hope the treatments help.
    @b_1029 I hope you found your motivation!
    @marebear15 i have my reasons for not vaginal temping tw in spoiler
    There is often at least 1 child in my bed and my daughter is often “sick” and uses my thermometer..... so I would die if she did, it’s too risky, lol
    I have given up on trying to avoid foods too!

• I will not be posting for awhile. My father passed away sometime during the night. As you know from my post last night he was having issues with his diabetes and we suspect that is what he passed from. My whole family is still in shock and just trying to take it day by day.
  • @littleredm I have no words to say except I am so, so sorry. Thinking of you and your family at this difficult time. 
  • @littleredm - Oh no! I've been thinking about you all day after your post last night. I'm so so sorry! 
  • Month/Cycle: 2

CD/DPO: cycle day 32 (my cycles are usually 26 days) who the hell know what's going on anymore lol

Timing: TTC: Where the rules are made up and the points don't matter  :D

Testing: negative as if yesterday 

R/R: so I've been in the hospital with the flu the past two days so I've been a tad miserable. Luckily today I'm feelin pretty good though! Getting pretty frustrated with AF though, she's never this late and now she's also denying me a baby so w re not really on speaking terms. This army wife doesn't do running late. 

@themadcamel hope you had fun on your date!

@nightdreamr13 Im so sorry to hear about your dad. I'll say a little prayer for him <3

@noodle9912 how do you like your insta pot? They kind of make me nervous with all that pressure.

@lillywonderland my work won't do a holiday anything since it's not politically correct so we just get extra assignments to complete for bonuses. Everyone is really shitty about it.

@marebare15 seriously hoping this is your month! You deff put in the work haha

• I’m late to the party today so I’ll do my best with tags.

@themadcamel glad you were able to have a nice dinner!

@nomangos23 I have no words for your poop issue at work 😬

@holly321 +1 for SS. I’m really trying my best not to but I can’t help it.

@oklahomak fingers crossed for you! That bs at work is the worst! Why do they always wait until the last minute! 

@kimmer1412 feel free to share that recipe! Sounds so good! 

@lillywonderland free food in general is awesome. Hope you were able to enjoy some!

@marebear15 I’ve been making a conscious effort to stay away from the Christmas cookies...until I bought macrons at aldi. They are all that I want right now haha.

Month/Cycle: 25/idk

CD/DPO: 21/7

Timing: idk

Typical LP length: 13/14

Testing: wfaf

R/R: I had my first RE appt this morning and I am so happy with the dr. She was fantastic and really wasted no time on getting me set up for testing as well as dh. All my preliminary bw from last month came back normal and I did a draw after the appt for karyotyping. We discussed the possibility of low progesterone being an issue and since I’m in the tww, I’m starting progesterone ahead to maybe offset that. If I’m out this round, we will do an hsg and SA next year. It was so nice to talk to someone who actually had some answers to my questions and spoke to me like a human being. 

CS/Q: none
  • @littleredm I’m so so sorry. 
  • @littleredm I am so sorry for your loss. Sending you lots of hugs ❤
  • @littleredm I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. Sending you all the strength and love in the world for today and the difficult days ahead. ❤️
  • @littleredm I'm so so sorry. Nothing anyone can do it say will ever make this easier but please know you are not alone. Lean on us if you need to. We are here.

@daisy0322 Thank you
  • @littleredm oh I am so sorry. Sending you lots of love ❤️.