August 2019 Moms

Is it ok to take Tylenol 3 while pregnant?

i have an infected tooth and I have Tylenol 3 from when it was nothing me a few weeks ago but I didn’t know I was pregnant then I’m going to dentist next week 

Re: Is it ok to take Tylenol 3 while pregnant?

• That is an excellent question for your OB/doctor. Also, if you're looking for specific drug info you can always google the name of it & "pregnancy category". 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • **lurking from July BMB**

scarlett0417 I'm so sorry you're dealing with an infected tooth during pregnancy. 

You should not take opioids while you are pregnant, especially during the first trimester when the nervous system and organs are being developed. 

You can take regular tylenol though, and if you're in a lot of pain, you should call your dentist asap and get in sooner. If you need antibiotics, there are a few that are safe to take during pregnancy.  

https://www.marchofdimes.org/pregnancy/prescription-opioids-during-pregnancy.aspx
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you so much for sharing this with me I’m going to call my doctor tomorrow and dentist but just wanted to check since they are closed at the moment . I appreciate it a lot :) 
  • @scarlett0417 Please introduce yourself in the board's intro thread so people can get to know you and don't forget to read the board organization thread. Hope your tooth gets fixed soon!
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• I had Tylenol 3 prescribed to me by my OB during my last pregnancy for migraines, but it didn't come up until the second trimester. So yes, it is possible, but I would definitely check with your doctor about the first trimester timing.