July 2019 Moms

Group 1 (7/1 - 7/8) Check In 12/10

Hadn't seen one started yet, hope no one minds that I jumped on to start.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Do you have a crazy holiday sweater? What does it look like?

Re: Group 1 (7/1 - 7/8) Check In 12/10

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/8/10 10W0D

Baby is the size of a(n): a strawberry or a guitar pick

Upcoming Appointments: Genetic blood testing 12/13/18

How are you feeling?: PGAL brain messing with me. Feel crummy enough to actually throw up this morning, but I am in class in front of students, so I really have to fight through it. 

Rants/Raves: Rave - I have to take 2 Alaska Studies courses to maintain my teaching certificate in Alaska. I have to be done with the classes, have the grades turned in, and submitted to the state department of Ed along with an extension request for my license by 12/31/18. I have seriously procrastinated on these classes. Totally online, signed up in May, didn't start working on them at all until October. Finished the first class 2 weeks ago, got my grade yesterday - A! Started the second class yesterday, turned in 6 of the 8 assignments, have the 7th ready to go, and should be able to finish the 8th by the end of this week. So I procrastinated, but I should still be good on my professional credentials :)

Questions: More of a "tell me I'm not alone" than a question. Anyone else having trouble getting stuff done?

GTKY: Do you have a crazy holiday sweater? What does it look like? I have an awesome teal Christmas sweater with a hipster reindeer girl in cute glasses. She has bells on her antlers and the jingle whenever I move. I love it. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 4th/ 10+4

Baby is the size of a(n): No idea today:)

Upcoming Appointments: Had my 3rd US this morning. Baby measured 11+1 with HR of 174. Also got my NIPT testing done.

How are you feeling?: Sick. Tired. Sick.

Rants/Raves: So thrilled that baby is looking so good and that the US went so well.

Questions: Not today:)

GTKY: Do you have a crazy holiday sweater? What does it look like? I don't. But my DD has one that looks like ELF clothing. I love it and wish I had one in my size.

• Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    July 8th / 10 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n):
    Strawberry 

Upcoming Appointments:
    December 27th is our second ultrasound and appointment. It’s the NT ultrasound. 

How are you feeling?:
    Still sick, but I’ve actually been eating. I’ve been more hungry since the end of last week. The best thing I ate this weekend was guacamole, and amazingly I didn’t throw up! 😂. I’m also getting a little nervous about announcing to the rest of our family at Christmas, and social media after our next ultrasound. It’s going to make it so real! It’s been our little secret since Halloween 

Rants/Raves: 
    They finally approved my Diclegis rx, after weeks of waiting. At this point I’ve already missed several days of work and was just kind of pissed to see it approved. Like why did that take so long? One positive is it’s free, so at least I can have it on hand to take for the last little bit of the first trimester (hopefully it’ll be gone soon!). 

Questions: 
    None right now, 

GTKY: Do you have a crazy holiday sweater? What does it look like?
    I don’t, I’m pretty lame. 😂
  • @Panaceia I’m so glad your ultrasound looked good!!

Est due date/weeks: July 7th 10+1 

Baby is the size of a.... strawberry 

Upcomimg appointments: December 28th is our ultrasound, if that goes well we’ll be announcing on New Years! 

How are you feeling? Gross. Nausea is back after taking a break last week and I basically don’t want to eat anything which is making it worse. Major food aversions and then when I do want to eat usually all I want are carbs or junk food. Also super vivid dreams almost nightly. And headaches/exhaustion. 

Rants/raves: a rant this week, they’re pushing a job at hubbys work so he just found out hes doing 12hr days 6 days a week at least until Christmas. It’s a long day for him and a long day of solo parenting for me. I guess I can rave about how wonderful the overtime paycheques will be! 

Questions: none I can think of! 

GTKY: do you have a crazy holiday sweater/what does it look like? I don’t but DD and I have matching Christmas PJs! 
  • This is my first post on these boards, so I hope I'm doing this correctly! :)

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 8, 2019 (10 weeks, 0 days)

Baby is the size of a(n): Strawberry

Upcoming Appointments: Not until January 8. Just got in last week to confirm I'm pregnant.

How are you feeling?: Tired. Bloated. Not super hungry, but trying to eat something small and healthy every few hours. No nausea or vomiting, thankfully! @indulgentgypsy, I can totally relate to having trouble getting stuff done! Started writing lists to help myself remember, and that's made some difference. My motivation is pretty much zero, however. I'm supposed to be training for a half marathon that's in January. Hahaha. It's my 19th half, and there's a ton of people that run or run+ walk it, so I'm not super worried. Yet, maybe I should run further than 3 miles at some point this week? My goal is 6 on Wednesday, so we'll see how I feel at that moment in time!

Rants/Raves: None right now

Questions: I'm still taking this all in, so no questions at the moment!

GTKY: Do you have a crazy holiday sweater? What does it look like? I don't! My hubs and I moved a couple years ago to a new state and still don't know a ton of people, so don't have any parties or places to wear those to (we both work from home).
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/3, 10w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): kumquat 

Upcoming Appointments: Friday 12/14!

How are you feeling?: still so tired and still super nauseous all day long 

Rants/Raves: I thought my energy was going to pick up by now. I could go to bed at 8pm every night but it’s tough working full time and having other kiddos to take care of 

Questions: anyone getting the genetic blood test? I should be offered it when I see fetal medicine on 12/21. Curious how long results take to come back 

GTKY: Do you have a crazy holiday sweater? What does it look like? No mine just has a cute cat in my opinion singing lol 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 10w4d EDD July 4

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry (I have no idea what that actually)

Upcoming Appointments: had one today, NT ultrasound next Thursday

How are you feeling?: gross. Nauseous all the time and so, so tired. I was given a prescription for unisom and b6 today so I'm hoping that works. That, plus creeping up on 12 weeks should both help.

Rants/Raves: I have to say, H has been great. He's really picked up the slack on housework that I just can't seem to keep up with and has really put up with my "morning" sickness and my mood swings.

Questions: anyone else on the unisom/b6 combo? 

GTKY: Do you have a crazy holiday sweater? What does it look like? I just got one this year. It's sparkly and loud but not as obnoxious as it could be. If I add some bells or even lights or something I could really put it over the top. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/5, 10+2?

Baby is the size of a(n): paper clip and a Brussels sprout, apparently. 

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow with my old OB. I’m excited to see her again! I think....

How are you feeling?: I have actually suddenly started feeling slightly better. (Slightly.) so I’m glad I’ll have an u/s tomorrow. 

Rants/Raves: none.

Questions: nope! 

GTKY: Do you have a crazy holiday sweater? What does it look like? I don’t. I almost bought one this weekend and I’m totally bummed I didn’t. 
  • @Tippy05 my office recommended that combo but I haven’t tried it. I get sleepy easily before so I feel like it will throw me over the edge. So I just keep getting nausea and keep on puking 
  • @applegirl19 I just got the NIPT done today (the Panorama test). My doctor said the results take around 7 to 10 days.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 1 July 2019, 11+1

Baby is the size of a(n): Brussel sprout 

Upcoming Appointments: 17th Dec - NT Scan, and I guess bloods a few days before

How are you feeling?: nauseas, tired, cranky hah. Still haven’t figured out what I want to eat! Hopefully the food aversions are coming to an end.

Rants/Raves: rant - over this hormonal acne! Rave - my partner and I have decided we are moving back to our home town 6 weeks before the baby is due 🙂 which is awesome as I’ll be close to all my family and friends (no family or friends where we are living)

GTKY: Do you have a crazy holiday sweater? What does it look like? These are not big in australia! Plus it’s super hot at the moment so it would be strange to wear a jumper. I’m always so envious of northern hemisphere people who get to wear them and have a cold Christmas!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/8/19 // 10w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): kumquat

Upcoming Appointments: next appointment is after Christmas.  next scan after new years.

How are you feeling?: moody

Rants/Raves: Who the hell ever came up with this reindeer food crap?  We're doing it for scouts and I just don't get how you make it disappear.  Instead of the kind you throw in the yard i've always done an edible kind that my husband can just eat to make it disappear but of course we're doing a different recipe for scouts and I hate it... wait did I say already about how moody I am?

Questions: 

GTKY: Do you have a crazy holiday sweater? What does it look like?  nope, don't have one
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 10+1

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry 

Upcoming Appointments: Friday 12/14

How are you feeling?: Most of the day nausea, exhausted 😩 I second the complete lack of motivation to get anything done. Pretty miserable. 

Rants/Raves: Getting so sick of feeling sick! 2nd tri can’t come soon enough! 

Questions: @Tippy05 My OB offered the unison/b6 at my last appt which I declined but now I think I’m ready to try it. Let me know how it works for you! 

GTKY: Do you have a crazy holiday sweater? What does it look like? I don’t! 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 10+6

Baby is the size of a(n): baby sea turtle shell

Upcoming Appointments: next appointment is january 3rd

How are you feeling?: I’m alright, tired mostly

Rants/Raves: the bloat is real 

Questions: none

GTKY: Do you have a crazy holiday sweater? What does it look like? No, we do crazy holiday jammies. Mine has a butt flap lol
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/7/18

Baby is the size of a(n): Brussel sprout

Upcoming Appointments: Friday... Maybe first US

How are you feeling?: yesterday was rough, better today. Trying hard not to overdose on carbs. Working hard to include more dairy, protein, and veggies

Rants/Raves: My husband travels during the week for work, but he cooked several simple meals for me while he was home on the weekend

Questions: 

GTKY: Do you have a crazy holiday sweater? What does it look like? I have one that has a penguin body on it (my head becomes the penguin head... It sounds really weird to describe). It's definitely not going to fit this year!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 6 / 10w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): Strawberry

Upcoming Appointments: NT u/s on the 27th and follow-up blood work to check my thyroid again.  Met with an endo last week and my TSH is down to .01 and T3/T4 both elevated.  Antibodies checked out ok though so they are saying it's just the pregnancy and my high hcg throwing everything off.  Hopefully it will start leveling out as hcg starts dropping.

How are you feeling?: Nausea has gotten much better but still super tired.  

Rants/Raves:  Oh I'm full of rants this week.  My family comes into town today for early Christmas (and staying with us) and we have our son's 2nd bday party on Saturday.  We did alllll the grocery shopping for these events on Sunday and then our 3 year old LG fridge decided to go out on Sunday night which we discovered Monday morning.  It didn't just like go out, it was pumping 55 degree air into the fridge/freezer so everything was trash.  They can't fix it until tomorrow.  We have a backup/beer fridge in our basement, which in the process of moving a few random things down there, we discovered that fridge was also not working properly.  They ordered the part for that one which should be in by the end of the week.  So, um, awesome.  Having family in town and a party to throw and no working fridge.  Thanks, life.  

Questions: Nah.

GTKY: Do you have a crazy holiday sweater? What does it look like?  I have a couple of great vintage ugly Christmas sweaters.  I am annoyed by the mass produced ugly Christmas sweaters these days, those aren't real!  
  • gembudgembud member
    edited December 2018
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/1, 11w 2d

Baby is the size of a: lime

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow! I'm so happy, because my anxiety has been high - but, no US till the 22nd.

How are you feeling?: Better, definitely much less nauseous. However, I just feel off in a way I'm having issues explaining so that makes me nervous 

Rants/Raves: I'm just getting excited to share the news over the holidays!

Questions: None right now

GTKY: Do you have a crazy holiday sweater? What does it look like? No, however, this is the first year my family is doing wear a fun christmas shirt/sweater so I got a cute one from motherhood that says tis the season to be pregnant and that's basically how I'm announcing. I'm sure with my family it won't be noticed for a bit!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 1, 11+2

Baby is the size of a(n): Kiwi

Upcoming Appointments: Next one is 12/20.  No US, just a check-up.  Not totally sure of the purpose, but they told me to be there.

How are you feeling?: Feeling much better.

Rants/Raves:  Been a really tough week due to some stuff I can't go into.  On the plus side, we're headed to Florida for Christmas week, so at least I have that to look forward to.

Questions: Nah.

GTKY: Do you have a crazy holiday sweater? What does it look like?  I have an ugly Christmas sweatshirt that I wore at an annual pub crawl my friends and I used to do.  It's about 5 sizes too big, forest green, and says Joy in sequined red letters on the front.  It's truly terrible.
  • Thank you so much for starting this @indulgentgypsy - I've been travelling for work and haven't been able to get on much the past week!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: EDD 7/8; 10+2

Baby is the size of a(n): Lego man!

Upcoming Appointments: 12/19 and NIPT on 12/21

How are you feeling?: The nausea is starting to let up although it still rears its head whenever I'm around strong smells. I'm still exhausted most of the time.

Rants/Raves: Just have to get through ONE more week of work before I'm off for 11 days and set to take all the naps in the world!

Questions: Does anyone else find themselves eating like a little kid? I only want certain things lol

GTKY: Do you have a crazy holiday sweater? What does it look like? Nope but every year I say I'm going to get one!
  • edited December 2018
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/2/19-11 weeks, 1 day 

Baby is the size of a(n): lime 

Upcoming Appointments: 12/21 NT with u/s, OB, etc. 

How are you feeling?:  I felt like complete garbage the last two weeks-nausea, dizziness, exhaustion.  Better this week, but still more tired and a bit more nauseous today.  

Rants/Raves:  I'm just tired and my clothes suddenly don't fit. I know that comes with the territory, but I hate it taking an hour for me to get dressed.  Plus I am super short tempered.  Santa apparently just put me on the Naughty List for my attitude, per our elf. 

Questions: Nope 

GTKY: Do you have a crazy holiday sweater? What does it look like? Argh!  I have to buy one for work next week. Sigh. . . They are pricey for such limited use.  Maybe this year, I'll wear it for Christmas. 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/7 (10 weeks 3 days)

Baby is the size of a(n): Prune

Upcoming Appointments: fmm for us and cell free dna testing

How are you feeling?: Crampy and Hungry 

Rants/Raves: my husband bought me a piece of exercise equipment for our gym that I’ve been eyeing for months and surprised me with it. Totally sweet since he knows how important it is to me to stay active during this pregnancy since I don’t have a thyroid and have to try my best to watch my weight gain, but I have to watch the types of exercise due to my heart condition and swelling. I was incredibly touched that he was so thoughtful. 

Questions: is it normal to have cramping and pressure this early?

GTKY: Do you have a crazy holiday sweater? What does it look like? A crop top sweater with huge red and white snowflakes. It is itchy and obnoxious making it a great ugly Christmas sweater!
  • @thycapanj, pressure for sure as hips start to expand and ligaments and such expand. Cramping... also possible and probably more from gas. My gas pain is pretty intense and constant. 
  • @applegirl19 and @lilyan1522 I started taking the unisom/b6 and so far so good! The b6 is twice a day  the unisom is only at night and the nausea is almost gone. I still don't have much of an appetite and if I try to force myself to eat I feel sick  but the nausea itself is really being kept at bay.

I 100% suggest getting on this. It takes a day or two to kick in but once it does it's night and day. She said it wouldn't help vomiting, but really helps the nausea.  If you're feeling gross, give it a shot!

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 10w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry 

Upcoming Appointments: ultrasound 12/21

How are you feeling?: starting to feel a little better - still nauseous and VERY tired - like going to sleep at 730 for the night, the same time as my almost 3 year old. But finally seem to be getting over this awful virus which I’m so thankful for! 

Rants/Raves: my son just started preschool and even in the past few weeks I’m so so amazed at how big he’s getting and how much he’s learning! “My teacher is going to show me how to write” 😍😍😍 they aren’t too overly intense about the “academics” there which I am glad for but I keep realizing how much stuff he’s actually old enough for...

Questions: anyone else with diarrhea? I have IBS but my first pregnancy I just dealt with constipation - I seem this time to be having the opposite problem. Trying to make sure I stay hydrated but the intestinal cramps are no fun.

GTKY: Do you have a crazy holiday sweater? What does it look like? Haha sadly enough I don’t think I’ve been to a single Xmas party since my son was born...one of these years I’ll get a new sweater for the occasion 
  • @anomasqrl - me! Lol. Well. Some days. Other days, the opposite.

Anyone ever deal with elevated thyroid? Mine is apparently only slightly and they’ll do the full panel tomorrow. Just curious what it could mean... 
  • Anyone else's nausea ramping up? I'm 11+0 today and it's getting worse daily. I had HG with DD and it's looking like I'm heading down the same path.

Also screens are making me super nauseous so that makes life fun:/
  • @Panaceia oh no! Mine has been better this week (10+3). But tonight I feel moderately queasy again, and kind of unsettled. I hope it’s not coming back!! This has been a total B🤬 since 6 weeks. Ughhh
  • @rgn12 I hope it doesn't come back for you! I was throwing up constantly last time until DD was delivered. I was feeling a bit better last week but this week has been horrid:/
  • @panaceia oh no! I am so sorry. Have you tried the unisom/B6 combo, or the delayed release version (diclegis)? I hope you don’t get sick again like last time! 
  • @Happyin14 thanks so much, this makes me feel a lot better! 
  • @rgn12 SO has this fear of me taking anything during pregnancy. Which I respect. It's the only request he ever makes of me during pregnancy so I do my best to just sort of survive it. Last time I filled the prescription and just stared at it on my shelf every day. If it gets unmanageable I'll ask the doctor for a prescription but I'm trying to just deal right now:/
  • @panacea thinking about you ❤️
  • @rgn12 It didn't help that I had to cover part of a boys phys ed class today. I swear the smell is sticking to me and has followed me back to my classroom. I always forget how bad high school boys can smell when not doused in cologne:/
  • @xtinecatherine You're a little ahead of me and you're giving me hope that M/S will get a little better shortly.

@anomasqrl I'm a FTM and reading things like this just makes me smile and think of this little one inside of me growing up. 

@rgn12 I hope it goes away soon for you!!

@Panaceia Oh no!! I hope this is not a repeat of last pregnancy and everything starts looking up for you soon <3

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/7 so I am 10 wk + 5 days

Baby is the size of a(n): Kumquat, not even sure what this is?

Upcoming Appointments: 12/26 for the NT US and 1/4 for next prenatal check where I get to hear the heartbeat hopefully!!

How are you feeling?: still a little queasy on some days but it seems like the nausea is getting a bit better, I actually didn't puke this morning.

Rants/Raves: We booked a trip to Las Vegas the last week of January and I'm excited to get away for a bit and wind down in a hotel room and just hang out.

Questions: Nothing this week, I'm mainly curious when we're all going to start getting better LOL

GTKY: Do you have a crazy holiday sweater? What does it look like? I'm buying one today on my lunch break for my work holiday party tonight!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • EST DD: July 6th based on LMP- 10 weeks +6 days

Baby size of: kumquat 

Next appointment: yesterday for initial visit, but not again until 6 weeks 😭due to doctor availability 

How are you feeling: 50 shades of green all day long 🤢🤢 hoping it goes away soon 

Rants/raves: 1) unable to sleep d/t crazy dreams and husband snoring and keeping me up all night, 2) Had my 10 week appointment/initial pregnancy visit and was hoping for a dating ultrasound (had an abdominal u/s at 6 weeks and saw a flicker but not good enough to measure/date or get a print out), but they didn’t do one and are just going off LMP. Did get to hear peanuts heartbeat on the Doppler which reassuring, but kinda bummed not to get another look or dating but seems like I won’t get another u/s until the anatomy scan 

Questions: anyone else having to wait so long between visits? This is my second pregnancy but for some reason I’m more anxious than I anticipated 

GTKY: Buying one this weekend! 
  • @Sparty18 oh girl, that sounds terrible! I hope everything goes well this weekend! 

@hoodevil0611 I hope everything is okay! 

@blsparks2010 I do feel like they made me wait longer for my first US this go around. Also, I do feel like they’re not as concerned with a second pregnancy as they were with the first. Maybe it’s just a 2nd child thing, who knows!? 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 10+5, due 7/7

Baby is the size of a(n): LEGO man! 

Upcoming Appointments: I just had my first US appt on 12/13. Got to see little peanut. Still a growing baby! They changed my due date to 7/7 from 7/5. I’m not complaining, but I’ll most likely deliver in June. Next appt isn’t until after the new year. 

How are you feeling?: I am still pretty nauseous and exhausted. I had to stop breastfeeding because I pretty much dried up. I’m a little sad about that. My cough has gotten better, but on Wednesday I felt a pop in my ribs, which probably means I tore some more cartilage between my ribs. Yay for an increased healing time! 

Rants/Raves: Rant: My OB told me I cannot have a VBAC and I’m a little upset. I was really hoping for one, but their policy is you have to wait 18 months before you can try for it. I think we’ll be at 16 months at time of delivery. The only positive I see is that I will still have my non-natural birthed vagina... 

Questions: anyone had a VBAC before the 18 months? I kinda want to dispute them, but I love the OB staff and hospital itself and I don’t want to have to go to another hospital. 

GTKY: Do you have a crazy holiday sweater? What does it look like? I have one that’s grey with a super cute penguin on it. I am completely obsessed with penguins. I also have this one that I made. I put jingle bells on the wrists so anytime I moved them I jingled. It was awesome, but I’m pretty sure I can’t fit into it anymore. Pre-pregnancy body was 25 lbs lighter than post baby/2nd pregnancy.