July 2019 Moms

Re: Weekly Randoms of 12/10

• Got home from taking my boys to school and our main buck was out of his fence. Chased that effer for 20mins before I caught his ass. So now I'm basically done moving for the day. I was not prepared for that this morning at all. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat Oh man that sucks. 

This is my last day of orders and I can officially do Christmas shopping this week and take naps in the morning.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thankfully he doesn't get out a lot. But one of our girls is in heat and we have them separated so he's been extra crazy. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Anyone have cute ideas for how you are announcing a July baby?? Was thinking of unveiling via baby related Christmas gifts to close family, but want a cute announcement for friends and social media. Something unique to July... 
  • @julybaybay Are you in the U.S.? Could do something 4th of July/patriotic-ish. Or, something involving a watermelon since that's a summer fruit and our bellies will look like one soon!

Smoothies are saving my life. I know I'm getting nutrients, so I don't feel guilty, and it's easy for my nauseous self to handle!
  • Had to drive to Orlando this morning for work, it’s about a 1.5 hour drive. I drove with my trusty solo cup in case i got sick. Pregnancy is so glamorous! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • In at work even though I'm still woozy and have the smallest of fevers. Being a working mom sucks sometimes, but the COL in this area is ridiculous. I'm always worried something may happen to DH, he travels to work to some unsafe places. Even with my masters degree, I don't make enough to rent a one-bedroom apartment and also pay for daycare. 
  • @mamanbebe Oh nooooo.  Haha, I remember that from my NT u/s last time.  I was such a rule follower drinking all the ounces and then I was in SO MUCH PAIN from having to pee.  The u/s tech couldn't believe how full my bladder was lol.  I'm only going to drink like 10 oz this time.  
  • @Sparty18 That is a wise move. It's like medieval torture! It seemed like only 1/3 of that was in my bladder when I peed after. Definitely way way way too much, esp if you're already drinking water first thing in the morning! 
  • The girl I provide aftercare for is on a tear today. First she told my son that he wasn't smarter than anyone, in response to him saying that he is smart. Then when he gave her a sparkly craft bracelet that he had made for her, she thrust it back at him and told him it was not fun enough. I feel like I should start charging extra for the etiquette lessons that I'm providing. 
  • @mamanbebe she sounds like a total turd. Your poor buddy. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat Seriously. I just cannot get with the cruddy attitude. She takes things from my son, won't let him choose what to play and throws stuff around my house. My son is a wild child but he is also very sweet and respectful. I just keep hoping none of this will rub off on him. 
  • Today was such a shitty day. More escaped animals and just nothing went right. Totally overdid it trying to fix a fence, a pipe, and move things around to keep everyone in their proper places and happy. My whole body hurts. Plus our main buck's horn caught my leg and it's so sore and going to turn into a nasty bruise.

I really want all the wine tonight which is insane because I don't even drink when I'm not pregnant.

@mamanbebe I try to use other kids acting like that as an example to my boys. We usually talk about the behavior, how it made them personally feel, talk about why it's not nice, and what to do instead of they ever feel that way. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @mamanbebe I feel your pain with the ultrasound! For my first one last time they had me drink 32oz then somehow the scheduler had mixed up the time so they told me to come back 2 hours later and drink the water again!
  • @acw452 oh my goodness that is terrible! 
  • @nopegoat sorry you had a rough day, girl! I hope tomorrow is better for you! 

I just want everything salty. Chips, pickles, nuts.... omg, give it all to me! 
  • @jenniferjoy37 just your posting that has me craving salt & vinegar kettle chips!
  • leendennyleendenny member
    edited December 2018
    Ugh. I’ve been so pissy at work today. Why? I’m pouting because all I want to do is take my damn pants off and let my belly just be without restriction! IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK FOR?!?!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• @mamanbebe I’ve been eating so many salt and vinegar chips. Love them!

A lunch place near me has a veggie grilled cheese sandwich that I’ve become obsessed with. I see it as a regular lunch for me for the next 32 weeks
  •  :s  :s:s:s:s:s:s

Okay - I LOVE winter... normally. But in Alaska they do not put salt on the roads, they put sand (does not work nearly as well). My school is 25-30 miles from where I live. I am STILL waiting for a much needed check, I still need studded tires for my car. I had to drive in low 30-35 mph the whole way to school this morning, because any time I tried to go faster or switch gears I started to slide. The borough transportation department had not sanded or plowed the roads at all even though it started snowing last night. It took me an hour to get to school. To top THAT off, my passenger side door did not want to close after I opened to put stuff in. I wasted 5 minutes getting it to finally close so it did not slide open on the way to school. 

If it weren't for the fact that I know I'm going to need a lot of time off for doctor's appointments and stuff, I would have 100% called in this morning and gone back to bed.
  • @indulgentgypsy Oh girl, I’m so sorry. What a rough day already! I hope you can get those tires soon! I had friends who lived in alaska at one point and I know I could never do it. I did go visit in August and it is GORGEOUS! 
  • @jenniferjoy37 honestly, at this point I am going to ask my dad to borrow some money. I can't afford to wait much longer for these tires. I am an anxious mess by the time I get to school every day. Some of the check I'm waiting on was going to things like snow tires, getting our other car fixed, paying the final bill for my 2 courses I took to keep my certification... if that check does not show up by tonight, I am going to have to borrow money from my dad to get these things taken care of before I run out of time. 
  • And I just got called a bitch on another website because I refused to be a unicorn and spread fairy dust to someone who was 21 days late for their period and getting negative pregnancy tests. 

Fine I'll be a bitch. Fight me. I am NOT in the f^cking mood today >:(
  • @nopegoat hope you're having a better day today.

@indulgentgypsy I can't image driving in that. I hope you get everything sorted with your check.

Im babysitting for my sister and she is just a ball of energy non stop. All I want is a nap. Dd is at school so I'm entertaining her until then. 
  • nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited December 2018
    @asupernovablizzardstorm thank you! I am slightly. Both of my bucks are totally acting stupid but at least they are staying put today.

My mind has been preoccupied today as well which has been nice though I'm a ball of nerves. Appt today in just a little bit.

@indulgentgypsy sorry girl. How frustrating!
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • When I was at the store this week I saw ultra pasteurized, non-alcoholic egg not. I figured "what the hell" and got it. Tonight, it tastes like heaven! If I close my eyes I can almost pretend it's helping keep relax like wine would. I'm nursing this glass like it's the last thing I'll ever drink. Mmmmmmm
  • @indulgentgypsy Did that check come for ya? I’m so so so sorry you are dealing with this! A small loan from your dad is easier than a loan from a bank. 
  • @jenniferjoy37 🤬 no. I called the office that sent it, it was returned as "moved, left no address" last week. This happens with ALL the mail that has my maiden or hyphenated name on it. Dad will loan me $, but it won't clear until Monday. Check is being resent, with only my first initial and married name, because my husband's mail is delivered without issue. I talked to the postmaster at our local post office and he promised we will get this fixed.
  • An acquaintance of mine got pregnant and I received an invite to her baby shower. I thought, "Wow, I don't know her very well, so she must not have a lot of friends. I'll go and support!" Then she sent a follow up email asking people to RSVP soon because she invited 300 people (!) and needed to know the final number, oh by the way, here's the DRESS CODE and links to the 3 baby registries (she had the nerve to say that she put it in the original invite but some people couldn't find it, like they were idiots or something). Also she reminded us not to buy gifts not on the registry. I immediately declined.

Today, I received an invite to her baby's dedication, along with a link to the registry. Just shameless!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @tsa208 That is so terrible :( What a turd. 
  • I was looking for a cozy knit wool jumpsuit, like the Hatch onesie only not several hundred dollars.. and I came across this lol :D:D:D:D

OH and it's over $500! 
  • @mamanbebe Sooo... you ordered two?  :D
  • @Sparty18 haha group xmas gift for all of JLY19?
  • @tsa208 Sheesh! Who ever heard of a dress code for a baby shower? I mean, I'm pretty sure people know not to show up in sweatpants and flip-flops. She sounds like a real control freak.
    Side note, is it common to put registry info in shower invites? I remember in my Knot days that it was OMGsotacky, but I never understood what the big deal was.
  • tsa208tsa208 member
    edited December 2018
    @hestia14 It's really common nowadays. I don't think I had it in my invites and it was annoying because then everyone had to ask. I mean, we all know everyone is getting the baby a gift, just tell us where to look dangit! It doesn't bother me when people add it to the invite. She just had so many rules about gift giving, it was offputting. I had go back and look at the invite: Nothing off-registry, no diapers or formula (purchase credits on her diaper service instead), no animal print anything, include the gift receipt. It was just a bit much for the invite. The section was literally titled "FAQs".

And it wasn't just "dress nice" it was a specific dress code. "Cocktail Day Chic. Nautical Fashion Colors: Navy, White, Crème, Gold, Hues & Shades of Blues"  :D Look, I love me a good theme party, and if this was just her closest friends, go for it. But to invite dang near everyone you know and then put together a booklet on how to attend, it's too much.

Pregnancy Ticker