Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS 12/10

daisy0322daisy0322 member
edited December 2018 in Trying to Get Pregnant

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.** 
**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

Number you are trying for: 

Month/Cycle:

WTO/TWW:

Ages of other child(ren):

Thoughts about this cycle:

Questions:

Rant/Rave/Brag:

GTKY: how does the santa tradition work in your house? Does he bring all the presents? Just the biggest gift? Only the stocking? Do you celebrate St. Nick day?  Or I've noticed a lot of people are forgoing santa altogether these days...

Re: TFAS 12/10

• Morning,

Number you are trying for: 2

Month/Cycle: 1

WTO/TWW: TWW

Ages of other child(ren): DS 21 mo

Thoughts about this cycle: nope!

Questions: nope!

Rant/Rave/Brag: Took DS to a breakfast with Santa thing this weekend.. he was a total terror, running around and trying to take stuff from other people, he hit my friend's daughter's hand away from the bunny she was petting, and then he freaked out when it was our turn to take a pic with Santa. Another rant, so over this week at work already, I've been so busy and don't think it will let up for another few weeks. I'm so mentally checked out though, lol. 

GTKY: DS is too young to get it really. We didn't label any presents last year and I doubt we will this year. WE've tried to talk about Santa and stuff and we will read some books about Santa and Christmas and we will put out cookies for Santa this year. When I was a kid Santa brought some stuff and mom and dad brought some stuff too. Each gift was labeled as to who it was from lol. I'm not sure what my DH would want to do for next year. I'll be interested to see what others responses are!
  • @creamcheeseplease lol about your DS this weekend. Sugar turns my usual sweet DD into a terror, and there's a lot of that around during the holidays. 

What number are you trying for? 2 

Month/cycle: 7

WTO/TWW: WTO

Ages of other children: 25 months

Thoughts about this cycle: all the usual thoughts. I have my OB appt in a couple weeks (got pushed back for insurance reasons) and I'm going to bring up a few things and see how she feels about doing some testing.

Questions: nope

Rant/rave/brag: made cookies with DD yesterday which was so much fun. She still can't help much, mostly just ate M&Ms and danced to Christmas music. It was fun! She's fun to hang out with these days. 

GTKY: We haven't really decided yet (maybe you ladies can change my mind about this) but I'm thinking we'll just tell her the truth about where her presents come from, and if she starts asking about Santa. 
  • Loading the player...
  • marebear15marebear15 member
    edited December 2018
    @creamcheeseplease - Ugh, I'm sorry your DS was being a terror this weekend. DD has started throwing tantrums and I'm already worried about how bad it's going to get when she get's older.

@jennifer_louise - I was hesitant to bring this up in case it was a really unpopular opinion, but I don't think I'm going to teach DD that Santa is real. I hate the thought of lying to her when she gets older and starts asking questions, so I think I'll introduce him as part of Christmas, something that's fun to pretend, and also tell her the real story of St. Nicolas. 

Month/Cycle: 8/7

WTO/TWW: TWW, 3dpo!

Ages of other child(ren): 14 months

Thoughts about this cycle: Very very hopeful. Which probably means I'm not KU  :(

Questions: When did y'all move your LOs to a toddler bed? DD is cot-trained at nursery, and I was thinking if I did it before she's done with naps, then it might work, but idk.

Rant/Rave/Brag: DD's newest phrase is "see it!" as she's pointing to something. It used to be "dat"="that", but some time last week she's changed her phrase.

GTKY: We haven't really introduced Santa yet. She saw him briefly at the mall, but was more impressed by the stuffed bears than him even though he waved at her and tried to get her to go to him. 

ETA tags
  • Amdogger82Amdogger82 member
    edited December 2018

@creamcheeseplease Our DS is also beginning to hit here and there, and he bit a another child at daycare a couple weeks ago. I have to keep telling myself it's just a stage, but man it is tough sometimes!

Number you are trying for: 2

Month/Cycle: 2

WTO/TWW: TWW I think

Ages of other child(ren): DS is almost 20 mo

Thoughts about this cycle: Not too optimistic. I have been sick, so we BD less in the fertile window than we would have otherwise. I am temping this cycle, but between being sick and DS going through a bit of a sleep regression, it's shaping up to be a pretty fugly (and useless) chart!

Questions: Nope.

Rant/Rave/Brag: It's really cold here. My office is in a big metal warehouse, and it gets pretty miserable sometimes. Today is one of those days.

GTKY: how does the santa tradition work in your house? Does he bring all the presents? Just the biggest gift? Only the stocking? Do you celebrate St. Nick day?  Or I've noticed a lot of people are forgoing santa altogether these days...

DS is also too young to get it, but I think that when he's old enough, Santa will bring his stocking and a couple of presents. We also got a mix of presents from Santa and our parents growing up, so I think we'll do the same.

• Number you are trying for: 2nd bio (3rd counting neice)

Month/Cycle: ..... 17 months

WTO/TWW: benched pending re but tww. 

Ages of other child(ren): DS is 3, niece is 10

Thoughts about this cycle: ....

Questions: 

Rant/Rave/Brag: DS has been doing great with potty training and sleeping in his own bed all all night. Yesterday he went most of the day in underwear and even woke from his nap dry. My cousin got him all worked up and that's where he lost it 🤷‍♀️. I wish him staying in his bed ment I started to feel better but nope. Still dragging a.. tired.

GTKY: how does the santa tradition work in your house? Does he bring all the presents? Just the biggest gift? Only the stocking? Do you celebrate St. Nick day?  Or I've noticed a lot of people are forgoing santa altogether these days... Santa brings a few toys and fills stockings. We give clothes and other "necessities". I don't want the kids being ungrateful (though Neice is....) so we try to keep the whole event small. No if only MIL could understand that....
  • Number you are trying for: 

Month/Cycle: 7

Ages of other child(ren): 1.5

Thoughts about this cycle: Hope.

Questions: Nah.

Rant/Rave/Brag: We went and visited DH’s  grandmother this weekend and DS was so scared for the first 15 minutes. All he wanted to do was be in my arms the entire time. I secretly LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT because he’s normally Mr. Independent and I don’t get a ton of cuddles. Plus, he’s sooooo cute when he does his little lower lip pout.  After about 15 minutes, DS was comfortable and was running back and forth, going around the Christmas tree (very carefully) and basically just being adorable. Also, I was thisclose to buying a tiny recliner at Sam’s Club for DS. OMG so cute!!

GTKY: I plan on keeping the Santa tradition alive in our household. That being said, DS is still too young to know what the heck is going on so we have until next year. I think we’re gonna have Santa bring the stocking and a couple toys (but not the “big” toy). There are many people that aren’t in a good place financially and I know kids talk, so I don’t want DS to talk about all the toys and awesome stuff he got from Santa when his friend only got a small thing and start wondering why Santa liked DS so much more than him/her. 
  • @prpl11butterfly:  I have the same MIL issue.  She just gets SO MUCH stuff.  My mom does one "big" grammy-and-peepaw gift (a baby doll this year). MIL gets so many things.  And it all makes noise. Ugh!!!  I'm ready for BIL and his wife to have a kid to take some of her attention!! (only grandkid right now)

@marebear15:  my DD moved to her big bed (a "real" Ikea twin) at around 17 months, I think.  She never really slept in her crib anyway, and the bed has a trundle.  We started her sleeping on the trundle, and now she's on the "top"part with a bed rail, with trundle out as a step down.  We lie down with her to go to sleep, then she usually comes to our bed between 2-5am to snuggle, but now she doesn't wake up us (just crawls in).

@jennifer_louise: we're doing cookies this week.  Glad to hear your LO had fun!  

Number you are trying for:   2

Month/Cycle:  cycle 5

WTO/TWW:  TWW 

Ages of other child(ren):  2 years (29 months!!  -- almost 2.5!)

Thoughts about this cycle:  Would love this to be "the one," but just feel like it's not, you know what I mean? 

Questions:  None right now.

Rant/Rave/Brag:  We did all the fun Christmas stuff this weekend, and it was so wonderful.  Makes the return to work suck more.

GTKY: how does the santa tradition work in your house?   We will do Santa, but I plan to tell her the truth when she asks about it (that he lives in all of us, as goodness and fun, and that we all are Santa for each other).  Santa brings one big gift (the *special* one), and the stockings (Santa gifts are unwrapped, and set up on Christmas morning).  Other presents are from family.  DD is getting a play kitchen from Santa this year, and we (parents) are giving her the play food for it.  Can't wait!!!  (I have had so much fun fixing up the used kitchen I found, and adding little hooks and accessories)
  • daisy0322daisy0322 member
    edited December 2018
    **This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.** 
    **If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

Month/Cycle: 2

Ages of other child(ren): 15 months 

Thoughts about this cycle: well I'm a day late but I have the flu and I'm far too sick to pick up a test I'm barely able to take care of my kiddo. I'm not super hopeful as I've had really high fevers and my test 3 days ago was negative. I think being sick just hijacked my cycle.

Rant/Rave/Brag: I feel like I have the plague but we are closing on the house today!!!! So I need to get It together.

so when i was a kid santa brought it all and same for my husband. I am torn I love the magic of it and neither of us felt lied to about santa when we found out plus the financial aspects for some. I think we will do the santa bit but when he's seeming to figure it out I think I'll tell him santa isn't real but he lives in all of us and he's the spirit of the holiday. Now your a big kid so you get to be santa too. And have him pick someone to do something nice for anonymously every year. As far as presents go we like to keep it smaller. He gets a small, medium, and big toy gift then a book, new clothes, and a something he "needs" like this year it's a potty chair. His stocking just has little toy cars and snacks/candy. I think we may just say santa brings the toys and stocking but I don't know.

will tag later
  • @creamcheeseplease Oh no! My DS was the same way when he was that age... actually he still is kind of that way. But now I can kind of reason with him. Did you both have a mostly good time? 

@jennifer_louise Glad you had a good time baking with DD. 

@marebear15 Keeping my FX for you! Also, my DS still sleeps in his crib at 4 years old because he's never tried to escape. It's worked just fine for us. We are definitely going to transition it to the big kid bed with the one side removed soon (just need to get a gate for our upstairs).

@Amdogger82 Sorry that you are sick! That was totally me last cycle. 

@prpl11butterfly yay for potty-training! 

@lillywonderland Get those DS cuddles! And omg, a tiny recliner... sign me up!!

@lcking82 Glad you all had a fun Christmas-filled weekend!!

@daisy0322 So sorry about being sick. Keeping my FX for you and yay for the house!

Number you are trying for: #2

Month/Cycle: 3/3

WTO/TWW: WTO... CD3  :'(

Ages of other child(ren): 4

Thoughts about this cycle: Super hopeful... this whole TTC process is seriously mirroring when we were trying for DS in 2013... having déjà vu for real. Also would it be totally weird to have two kids with birthdays within like a week?? DS is Sept 17 and when I look at what my (hopeful) EDD is if we were to conceive this cycle and it's Sept 14.

Questions: not really

Rant/Rave/Brag: Got our tree and decorated this weekend, and DS helped a bit. We also made sugar cookies with my twin sister on Saturday night and DS had to be involved with everything. He's been having some issues at school with sharing and getting inconsolably upset and part of me wonders if we had started TTC earlier and he had a sibling if he would be better at that. I don't mean to coddle him but can't help it since DH is a little stern.

GTKY: Same as PPs. He will get a stocking and a few small things from Santa. He's honestly not getting very much this year from us too since he's gotten a lot of new toys recently (I'm a mommy/style blogger and I've gotten a few free things to post about so he has to play with them in pictures which means I can't save them until Xmas). Plus his grandparents and aunts/uncles will get him gifts too so I don't want too much in our house.
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• Number you are trying for: 2

Month/Cycle: 0

Ages of other child(ren): DD will be 17 months on Sunday.

Thoughts about this cycle:  I opened my stash of OPKs over the weekend. I was happily surprised to get a flashing smiley on the CB Advanced and some promising wondfos, but that was on Friday night and I got the same results this morning. At my appointment last week when I had my IUD removed, MW advised that I wait this cycle out to give my lining a chance to thicken up again.  So now, it's just a waiting game to see when I'll O and when AF will decide to arrive. I'm hoping the answer to both of those will be soon. In addition to officially starting TTC, it would be nice to have an LMP for FF to go off of because right now, it's a hot mess. 

Questions: None

Rant/Rave/Brag: We finally got our Christmas tree yesterday and we'll be decorating it tonight. H and I have lived together for 10 years and this is the first time we've had a real tree. After the lights on our fake one stopped working last year, we decided that we'd get a real one this year. 

GTKY: We are fully continuing the Santa tradition here. We'll leave cookies and milk for Santa and a carrot for Rudolph before going to bed on Christmas Eve. As for gifts, Santa brings one toy and fills the stockings. DD will only be little for such a short time and I want her to just enjoy being a kid and believing in all of the magical things while she can: Santa, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, etc. I know I for one never felt lied to and now that I'm an adult, I have all of these funny stories about how I found out about each one.  Like when I was 8 and I realized that Santa and my Mom had the same handwriting. lol. 
    Me: 36  DH: 40
    Together since 2007 | Married June 2013

TTC #1: June 2015
    BFP: 11/9/16 |  EDD: 7/22/17
       <3 DD born 7/16/17

TTC #2: December 2018
    BFP: 2/26/19 | EDD: 11/7/19
    <3 DS born 11/3/19 

TTC #3: January 2024
    Mirena out 1/23/24
  • @jennifer_louise I'm glad you had fun making cookies with DD! I want to try that this weekend.

@marebear15 I've been thinking about the bed thing too - but I have no idea how daycare gets DS to sleep on a cot! I guess herd mentality or something. I don't think he would do it at home. 

@amdogger82 yeah my DS was a biter too a few months ago. I felt awful! My office is freezing too, there are huge windows and its really uncomfortable. 

@prpl11butterfly wow great job to DS on his potty training! I don't think we are anywhere ready for that. 

@lillywonderland Aww about DS at DHs grandmother. My uncle unexpectedly showed up at my moms house when we were there visiting and my DS was the same.. just screwed up his face terrified for about 15 minutes!

@lcking82 play kitchens are the best!

@daisy0322 I'm sorry you are sick! Feel better! Congrats on closing on the house!

@stephanie123456 I've had the same thoughts about my DS, like maybe he acts out because he doesn't understand sharing and would be better if he had a sibling. How fun that DS helped with the cookies with your sister! I am going to do cookies this weekend as well I think. I also really just want to eat Christmas cookies.

@klstone25 hahaha my brother and I had the same conversation  - hey, mom's handwriting is exactly the same as Santas... haha
  • Number you are trying for: 3

Month/Cycle: 2/3 

Ages of other child(ren): DS 3.5, DD 1.5 

Thoughts about this cycle: Absolute trash 

Questions: None 

Rant/Rave/Brag: My whole family is sick. I’ve had a fever for four days so my chart is a disaster. I’m finally fever free today but now my husband is going downhill and it’s my fertile window. 

But I do have a braggy comment to insert. 

I woke up Friday morning with a fever and awful cough but decided to push through and run the Ragnar Trail relay I had signed up for. Drove my minivan full of friends and camping gear 1.5 hours out to the state park the relay was being held. We set up camp and got started around 1:30 PM. We had a team of 8 and each person ran three trail loops (~15.5 miles total). It was so fun but I really wish I had been healthy. I didn’t mingle or enjoy the “Village” area much because I mostly laid down every moment I wasn’t running. 
    GTKY: We do pictures with Santa and he does bring one of two small gifts for the kids. But he isn’t the focus of Christmas for us. 

• @creamcheeseplease omg. haha. That's hilarious.  I still make fun of my Mom for her response to this day. She claimed that Santa ran out of wrapping paper at the North Pole and she offered to help wrap presents. LOL. 

@jennifer_louise Aww that sounds so adorable. I'm happy you two had such a fun time making cookies. I'll have to try that with DD this weekend. 

@marebear15 DD is still in her crib. Unless she discovers how to climb out of it soon, I don't plan to transition her until she's at least 2. 

@Amdogger82 I hear you. My office is freezing too. I always keep an extra sweater in the office for really cold days. 

@prpl11butterfly Great job on potty training! 

@lillywonderland We're also going to have the small toys and stocking from Santa for the same reasons that you listed. Also, the tiny recliners are so adorable. I googled it after reading your post and am now eyeing one for DD. lol

@Icking82 I hope this is the one for you! 

@daisy0322 Oh no.. I hope you feel better! And congratulations on the house! 

@stephanie123456 So sorry about AF.  :'(  And it's definitely not weird for kids to have birthdays the same week. My cousin has five kids and three have birthdays the same week.  When they were really little, she would just have one huge birthday party for all three. 

<3 DD born 7/16/17

<3 DS born 11/3/19 

Mirena out 1/23/24
  • edited December 2018
    @creamcheeseplease Sorry your DS was a handful at Santa Breakfast. This age they’re all sorts of feral and uncivilized. 

@marebear15 I really want your hope to turn into celebration. Fingers crossed for you!! 

@Amdogger82 I’m right there with an ugly chart due to illness. Also, my son went through that hitting phase exactly at your son’s age. You’re so right, it’s a phase! You’ll all get through it. But it’s so dang hard when you’re in the thick of it. 

@prpl11butterfly Hope your son keeps doing well with potty training. 

@lillywonderland Those tiny recliner chairs are precious. And when they sit in them they’re even more precious. 

@daisy0322  Congrats on closing today! Sorry you aren’t feeling well, though. 

@lcking82 I think everyone should have the full month of December off. Sadly, I don’t make those decisions. 

Edit: corrected a hideous grammar error 
  • @creamcheeseplease even the sweetest kids have rough days! I'm sorry the santa breakfast didn't go well. I don't Im always super embarrassed when my son is a hellion. 

@jennifer_louise awe cookie bake day sounds like it was Fantastic!

@marebear15 we've not done it yet but we plan on putting the toddler bed in his room with the crib still up and just seeing what happens. Once he starts using the bed consistently we will move the crib out. 

@Amdogger82 sleep regressions are the worse. I hope you get some rest soon.

@lillywonderland yes! Baby snuggles are life. 

@Icking82 I like the idea of santas presents being unwrapped and assembled, totally stealing that.

• @daisy0322:  Pretty sure my parents did that so they could steal a few extra minutes of sleep, too.  When I was ages 4-12 years (you know, could get myself up and downstairs, but not so old that I would just sleep in) I would just sit and stare at what Santa left until I would go wake up my parents!  (I wasn't supposed to touch....but I always did!)

Now, for my DD (and hopefully her sibling(s)), I will expect kiddo to stay on the stairs (where you can see the gifts, but just barely) until DH and I are downstairs to watch!  ;)
  • Number you are trying for: 2!

Month/Cycle: 6/6

WTO/TWW: CD 1 :( 

Ages of other child(ren): BB just turned 2 on Saturday!

Thoughts about this cycle: I am going back to temping and hope i can do it without any anxiety. 

Questions: I posted in the WTO randoms but if anyone has any suggestions about OPK brands I would love to hear them after I received some defective cheapies on Amazon I am wary.

Rant/Rave/Brag: Bells was in the best mood yesterday she was dancing and singing and spinning all around before the doctor visit. Then she got her shots and she needed so many cuddles and I felt so freaking guilty. On the other hand she has grown SO much in the last six months! The doctor was so impressed by her vocabulary at her 2 year visit it made me feel like we aren't failing too bad.

GTKY: how does the santa tradition work in your house? So far Bells wants NOTHING to do with Santa. We saw him at the grocery store yesterday and I asked if she wanted to go say hi and her lip started trembling and she said no no. He brings the stocking stuff, and a present, and so does Rudolph and the Book Fairy. She will get one little present from us too. Last year she was too young to understand Santa but this year she is starting to get it. My husband and I will not have any presents only stockings. We try to keep the random stuff in our home to a minimum and have enough crap. 

@creamcheeseplease Bells is quite often a terror – it’s so hard!

@jennifer_louise Love making cookies but it is such a mess with a toddler J The only concern I have about telling about Santa is that she would tell her friends. Kids have no filter at that age.

@marebear15 DD (2) is still in her crib. Is your daughter already done with naps? I’m so sorry! I am keeping my kid napping and in a crib as long as possible. Most people I know switch once they can climb out.

@amdogger82 are you allowed to have a space heater? That sounds brutal.

@prpl11butterfly good news with the potty training! Bells wants to sit on the potty all the time but rarely uses it and still goes in her diaper. Have you tried character underwear? Santa got Bells some trolls underwear for Christmas and I’m going to tell her she can’t pee on Princess Poppy – I’m hoping that will get her over the hurdle. 

Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• @leksiL - No DD is still taking 2 naps, but is about to drop to one. I was just thinking if I switched her before she dropped naps, it might be easier? I'm probably thinking way to far in advance, lol.
  • Number you are trying for: 3

Month/Cycle: 13/13

Ages of other child(ren): 4.5 & 2

Thoughts about this cycle: Just trying to HIO as much as possible this week

Questions: Just the age old when the heck am I going to get KU

Rant/Rave/Brag:  Just wanted to introduce myself! I’m from the Midwest and work from home in marketing. We have 2 dogs and a cat. No one IRL knows we have been trying. Whenever we get asked we kinda brush it off and avoid the topic. I would love 1 more baby but DH is 36 and doesn’t want to keep going much longer.

GTKY: how does the santa tradition work in your house? Does he bring all the presents? Just the biggest gift? Only the stocking? Do you celebrate St. Nick day?  Or I've noticed a lot of people are forgoing santa altogether these days... We do presents from Santa and mon and dad. I tend to have the “bigger” items or requested items come from Santa and we usually get clothes or books. We do not do St nick’s day

• Just wanted to also add I look forward to getting to know you ladies and share in our journeys together to expand our families, best of luck to you all!

@creamcheeseplease Sugar makes my kids go crazy too, god things cookies and sweets are surrounding us lately lol

@jennifer_louise I also have an OB apt but this month. I plan on asking if I can get some add’l bloodwork to rule out anything.

@marebear15 we moved my oldest into bed around 26 months and currently our youngest is still in the crib.

@amdogger82 fingers crossed for you. Sleep regressions are the worst! Also my office is like an ice box too. It’s a big building so the temp control is nonexistent

@prpl11butterfly Great news on potty training. My oldest still sometimes has accidents but it gets better and more consistent. Sorry to hear you don’t feel well, hoping you get better soon <3

@lillywonderland those baby snuggles are so hard to come by now so yes I secretly love it too when I get those cuddles. We have a chair from pottery barn kids and it is awesome. Is your heart set on the recliner?

@icking82 Glad you had a fun weekend. Going back to work always stinks but esp after a great fun filled weekend.

@daisy0322 Sorry about the flu, hope you can feel better to enjoy the closing. Congrats on your new home.

@stephanie123456 Good luck, I think having birthdays close would be nice. Could do dual parties and what not.

@klstone25 Good luck with your first cycle trying and yay for your Christmas tree. We can never commit to a real tree plus I’m too afraid the dogs will piddle on it

@motherofdragons sorry about the family sickness, hoping everyone gets better soon. Awesome job on your relay!

@leksil Sorry about cd1…good luck this cycle. What’s your LO’s vocab like?

our comment
  • Number you are trying for:  2

Month/Cycle: Well, this is the first time we have actually TTC, but I'm not sure that DH even knows that we were active during my fertile window   :o     I have been off of BC since we had our DS almost 2 years ago, and keeping track of my cycles to a degree since then

WTO/TWW:  TWW

Ages of other child(ren): 2

Thoughts about this cycle:  I have ALL the feelings.  anxious, freaking out, is this really what I wanted? yes this is really what I wanted.  are we really ready for this? I don't know we are really ready for this. feeling like the bloating I've been having, gas, and now some head cold type stuff are messing with my mind about early pregnancy stuff.....our timing was damn near perfect- so, it's a little crazy but have a few more days to wait.

Questions: I have questions about those who have used natural family planning methods for other pregnancies before, hoping that @supermom34482  and that maybe @Mother0fDragons have some insight with this.  With our son, I pretty much knew or figured that I HAD to be pregnant a few days before I tested and a few days before my temps would have said otherwise.  I had terrible indigestion after dinner one night, and then the next day.  I had eggs for breakfast I think 3 days in a row, and they just didn't sit right. I knew something was off, not right.  My temps stayed up, I tested, and we got a positive.  I KNOW that each pregnancy can be different, but if you have been using natural family planning methods like this, do you think that you "knew" before you were able to actually test or see a temp drop or anything like that???? As mentioned above, I've been constipated, and gassy- which none of that could mean jack squat in the big picture here, i know those are also common PMS signs too.  But I have some cold like stuff going on, but not full blown necessarily cold like stuff.....just wondering if anyone has had any experience with having a funny feeling, and then being right about it

Rant/Rave/Brag: Not much, I shared all my stuff......I have not been super active on the board because we have not really been actively TTC.  I really am not even sure that DH had any clue that I was in my fertile window, and I was expecting him to use his tried and true method of BC when we were physically active- so I'm just all over the place because I didn't really think we'd potentially be here, and I wasn't sure I'd ever be here again, and we were going to be OAD.  I was very active on the TTC boards in 2015.  And it's brought ALL the feelings.

GTKY: how does the santa tradition work in your house? Does he bring all the presents? Just the biggest gift? Only the stocking? Do you celebrate St. Nick day?  Or I've noticed a lot of people are forgoing santa altogether these days... ****We just had this conversation about a month ago.  I don't want Santa to bring the biggest gift, DH thinks Santa brings gifts that need to be assembled or would be hard to wrap- which I guess in some ways equates to something that could potentially be the biggest gift.....I'm trying to actively teach him about other the real meaning of Christmas, as the opportunities present themselves.   I feel like we could be better about teaching it aside from when those moments come along though.  I know this was a hot topic in another mom's group I'm part of- and kids going back to school were feeling left out or that Santa didn't care about them as much as they cared for their class mates because they didn't get x-boxes or a tablet of some sort or new phones.  I don't want it to be about that at all.  I want him to enjoy the "magic" of the season, and Santa, but I don't want it to be about that either.  And I don't want there to be any expectations either that he's always going to get extravagant, over the top gifts.
  • @marebear15 we went with the toddler bed at like 16ish months. The transition was really a non-issue for us. DD seemed to understand that even though she could get out of bed, she should stay in there until somebody came to get her. She was happy to be in a new, beg bed. Even now she usually waits for us to get her, except when she has bad dreams. I hope your transition goes smoothly too!! 

@supermom34482 Welcome! You too @MNturnsVA

I like to hear what everybody's saying about Santa! My hubby does not seem concerned "we'll wing it" lol. Not helpful. I was talking to an adorable and smart 6yr old at a Christmas party last night. "Santa" was there. He said "I know Santa isn't real but I wish he was" which made me cry a bit inside. 
  • MNturnsVA I used opk's to help me get pregnant...for child 1 it took 6 months, then when trying for #2 took a year ***TW*** but I lost that baby, and then trying again took 8 months to get KU. This time we just hit the year mark so I am getting concerned something more might be going on. I am 34 and DH is 36 soon to be 37. 
  • @riff323 I'm glad you made a choice and that you're at peace! If you ever do want to TTC again, we'll be here! (well, I sincerely hope not *us* exactly) ❤️ 
  • @riff323 I sorry to see you go, but I am glad you made this choice for YOU. Sometimes we can get caught up in what others want for us (society included....) and think it's actually what we want too. I'm very happy that YH is on bored and that you both feel relief with this decision. Feel free to PM if your ever looking to chat!
  • @riff323 I’m glad that you and YH are at peace with the decison to put TFAS on hold. I’m not gonna lie, I’m going to miss you immensely, friend! I will always be available via PM though. Good luck with everything! ❤️
  • @supermom34482 and @MNturnsVA Welcome!  :)

@riff323 I'm glad that you made a choice that you felt was best for both you and your H right now. Although I've only been active on this thread for a short time, I am sad to see you go. I've loved reading your posts over the past few weeks. I wish you the best of luck with everything going forward!  <3

<3 DD born 7/16/17

<3 DS born 11/3/19 

Mirena out 1/23/24
  • @shamrocandroll this is SUCH a fun age. Bells is 24 months and is always dancing and singing and just having fun! Except tantrums. oh well :)

@supermom34482 BB's vocabulary is pretty awesome. She speaks up to 6 word sentences but isn't super articulate yet. They moved her up to the 2 year old classroom about 4 months early and I think it has really helped with language. She repeats everything we say which I tell DH he needs to be careful about!!  
    Married Jan 2008 

• supermom34482supermom34482 member
    edited December 2018
    @leksil that's awesome and yes def need to watch what's said...I have such a hard time while driving so I say Cheese and crackers or you ca-ca head! Sometimes when I slip up and cruse my oldest will say Mommy that's a bad word you shouldn't say that...Also I had the kid that said the f work at daycare when about 2.5 so that was super embarrassing lol
  • @supermom34482 I am TOTALLY going to be that mom. :neutral: My husband said Jesus Fing Christ the other day and she repeated it...syllable by syllable. And THEN he got all angry with her. I was laughing so hard. Parenting is hard.
    Married Jan 2008 

• klstone25klstone25 member
    edited December 2018
    @shamrocandroll Welcome! And I'm so sorry for your loss.  :'(

@leksiL @supermom34482 DD just started to repeat things that we say.  On Sunday after hearing my H say "shit", she repeated it.  I guess it could have been worse.  :# lol   

eta: typo

<3 DD born 7/16/17

<3 DS born 11/3/19 

Mirena out 1/23/24
  • @supermom34482 @leksiL @klstone25 My DD repeated "Dammit Dog!" after me the other day.  I just about died laughing!  I'm surprised it took that long, my poor dog probably thinks her name is DammitDog.
  • I’m kind of late on all these threads. I intro’d myself on the weekend & feel like I’m running behind ever since hahaha. Like @shamrocandroll I feel like I’m intro’ing myself or jumping in everywhere...

Number you are trying for: 2nd together (although I have a 3rd who is grown up) 

Month/Cycle: We started TTC in June. *TW-loss* We had success in July but lost her in Oct. *End TW* So TTC with passion this month. 

WTO/TWW: TWW torture

Ages of other child(ren): 3 

Thoughts about this cycle: It’s been longer than the usual 22-25 which would normally convince me I’m getting healthier than ever. But when TTC it’s just annoying that everything is taking so long.  

Questions: Asked a bunch already. 

Rant/Rave/Brag: See above about the extended cycle. 

GTKY: how does the santa tradition work in your house? We used to have an annual Christmas party that anyone & everyone was invited; most people brought a potluck dish or a wrapped gift for a child. We’d sing carols & drink cider. Then Santa would come down the stairs as a surprise and hand out gifts to all the kids. We are reviving the tradition this year with the next generation. 
  • @keikilove  Welcome to the group, sorry for your loss.

How often does everyone participate in this thread specifically?? Do you all participate in the regular WTO/TWW  threads too?  I was pretty active on here in 2015 but I've found things have changed a bit.

I'm feeling down today- temps are dropping.....our timing was almost spot on if my temps and OPKS were right- so frustrating.  and the whole roller coaster of emotions I have been on the last 2 weeks really makes me not want to go through all this again....I was just in a somewhat ok place if it was just the 3 of us (DH, DS, and me) and now I'm bummed with the thought that AF is on her way......hormones are the devil.
  • @MNturnsVA it's really up to you how you want to participate. Many of us do join in on the dailies, and have always been welcome there. For courtesy though we don't casually mention our LOs like we do here, since they're supposed to be a safe and trigger free place for all. 
  • marebear15marebear15 member
    edited December 2018
    @MNturnsVA - Most of the participation in this thread happens on Monday and Tuesday. It continues throughout the week if someone brings up a topic or questions or a story. The rest of the time we participate on the WTO/TWW threads. 
  • Joining very late in the week, but didn't know about this thread!

Month/Cycle:1...kind of

WTO/TWW: I have been WTO since the last period before my pregnancy.. what the actual F

Ages of other child(ren): my son will be 15 months this weekend

Thoughts about this cycle: What cycle? 

Questions:DH and I are ready to TTC #2.. but after 6 months EBF and then incorporating solids, etc. I finally completely weaned DS at 13 months. Over two months ago. I have not resumed my cycle yet and I am not pregnant. I am waiting for the doctor to call me back to see if this is an issue or normal. HELPPPPP 

Rant/Rave/Brag: Took DS to a toddler zone at an indoor trampoline park today and he loved it
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • Good call on consulting the doctor. I for one got my period back well before weaning (and even though my cycles were slightly irregular at first it didn't take long to get back to normal). Have you had any "fertile" cervical mucus?