Options

Group 2 Check In 12/10

This thread is for those due May 8-14

Due date/W+D: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood book? Do you still have a copy?
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Group 2 Check In 12/10

• Options

Due date/W+D: May 10; 18+3

Baby is the size of a(n): Artichoke

Any appointments? Questions?: Anatomy scan in 16 days! I’m dying waiting for this appointment!

Rants/Raves?:  RANT: Nothing really, just impatiently waiting for this appointment! RAVE: I felt my first kick from the outside yesterday. It was absolutely amazing and I cannot wait until DH can feel it, too!

How are you feeling?:  Other than absolutely exhausted, I feel really good! I’m loving second trimester!

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood book? Do you still have a copy? I had so many childhood favorites! My mom kept my copy of Good Night Moon That is really torn up and in poor condition, but that was clearly the one I read the most. I have a nice, clean copy of it as well that will be for this LO. But as a teacher, I just bought 11 new books for this LO that should show up early next week!

• Options

Due date/W+D:  05/08, 18w5ds

Baby is the size of a(n): I don’t know

Any appointments? Questions?: had an appt last Fri, everything still okay

Rants/Raves?: none 

How are you feeling?: feeling pretty good

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood book? Do you still have a copy? My favorite was the Litte House on the Prairie series and I have them all still. We are rcurrently eading them out loud and the girls love them. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Due date/W+D: May 8th/ 18w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): postcard

Any appointments? Questions?: I have an OB checkup first thing in the morning, and then anatomy scan next Monday. I can’t wait! 

Rants/Raves?: None really. 

How are you feeling?: I’ll gripe about my sciatica and just aches already. I also have these weird pulling sensations in the top part of my stomach when I move to quickly. I wouldn’t call them Charlie horses bc they don’t hurt, but I didn’t have that with DD.!

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood book? Do you still have a copy? The Monster  at the End of This Book and Mr. Willowby’s chdistmas Tree. I still have my copies and they are on DD’s shelf now. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options

Due date/W+D: 18 weeks, may 13

Baby is the size of a(n): artichoke

Any appointments? Questions?: Um I thought I had an OB appointment today, went all the way there to find out it's next Monday 😂

Rants/Raves?: I'm in so much pain from moving and baby is not being nearly as active as he had been, I hate it. The movements I have been feeling are much more discernable, though, so that's nice. 

How are you feeling?: tired. My back is aching and every time I stand, I get a terrible headache. But otherwise okay. Putting up my tree today, hopefully. I'm determined! 

The babysitter's club series. I don't have any copies and I can't remember any of the younger books I read. As a mom, though, my favorite book to read to DS is "I love you stinky face." 
  • Options
    poshspiceposhspice member
    edited December 2018

Due date/W+D: 5/12, 18+2

Baby is the size of a(n): artichoke?

Any appointments? Questions?: Regular OB appointment tomorrow, anatomy scan next week Thursday! This pregnancy is really rolling by quickly. 

Rants/Raves?: I got DH to do the smallest bit of work on the closets we need to clean out. He put some of his things (childhood keepsakes his parents have been dumping on us for years) in storage tubs, wrapped them with plastic wrap and put them up in the garage. Woo hoo! Also we're definitely buying a minivan this month and I'm so excited. 

How are you feeling?: I don't want to jinx anything but I've been feeling incrementally better. Still taking diclegis every morning and unisom+B6 at night. Also usually getting a bit nauseous at night and still having pretty severe food aversions at the end of the day. But it's still way better than it was 10 weeks ago! 

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood book? Do you still have a copy? My mom has tons and tons of my books from when I was little. I don't think I have a particular favorite, but there was one called "The Stowaway Fairy goes to Hawaii" and it was written and illustrated by an artist from Hawaii. It's no longer in print, and it's just a beautiful book. I'm thinking about trying to make prints from it at Kinko's to decorate DD's toddler room with. 
    Ticker

• Options

Due date/W+D: 5/11 18 weeks 2 days

Baby is the size of a(n): artichoke 

Any appointments? Questions?: next appointment is Monday 17th. Wish I could have scheduled one this week but I didn’t want to take time off. 

Rants/Raves?: rant: i have 4 gifts to get: my TA, dhs parents and my mom. They are all impossible! Dhs parents need nothing, my TA is really picky and my mom doesn’t have space for anything. Also I hate giving gift cards. 

How are you feeling?: i feel like I exploded over the last 2 weeks. I have gained about 5 lbs in 2 weeks and my belly and boobs are huge. I definitely look pregnant (so much so that my first graders started to notice and one of them asked me today). their faces were priceless when the news got around the class about the baby. Although the  one of them told me I was too old to have a baby, so that kind of ruined the moment. Lol. 

monster at the end of this book is a good one, I love Mortimer by Robert munch and corduroy. We have enough kids books to fill a library and they are definitely on our shelves. 
  • Options

Due date/W+D: May 14/18 weeks today

Baby is the size of a(n): Nintendo controller - my HS students asked how big baby was today, and they were super confused about this one!

Any appointments? Questions?: This Friday with the midwife and anatomy scan Christmas Eve! Sooooo excited!

Rants?: Spending way too much time at the DMV lately - enough said.

Raves?: I think I MIGHT be starting to feel baby! It’s so hard to tell, but I think s/he likes Swedish fish... a lot.

How are you feeling?: Great! Getting back into the gym routine, which is nice. And finally over that cough (fingers crossed I don’t jynx myself).

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood book? Do you still have a copy? @eatinwatermelonseeds I used to love babysitters club, too! I don’t remember a lot of my childhood books, but I do remember my parents got us a Grandfather Time machine, and my brother and I used to listen to bedtime stories on cassette tapes before bed. I guess my parents weren’t super into reading to us... haha. Definitely changing that tradition!
  • Options

Due date/W+D: May 14/ 18+1

Baby is the size of a(n): artichoke (9 oz according to my anatomy scan)

Any appointments? Questions?: I had my anatomy scan and appointment today. I have another appointment next Friday. My blood pressure was a bit better today but my heart rate was 105 and I keep getting short of breath. They sent me for an EKG.

Rants/Raves?: I found out today that I have an anterior placenta which is why I don't feel movements as much or as consistently as I did with my other two boys.

How are you feeling?: I'm tired and uncomfortable and my appetite has basically vanished.

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood book? Do you still have a copy? Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. I had a copy but it got lost in an unpaid storage building thanks to my moronic ex
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @heathergirl89 lurking from group 3 (I've been doing this a lot) but someone in group 1 had their A/S at 18+5 and have to go back since they couldn't see everything. Did they get everything for you? I have mine tomorrow at 18 weeks and am curious. Sorry about the antierior placenta and BP/HR issues. Hope all is well with your follow-up on those.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options

This thread is for those due May 8-14

Due date/W+D: 5/12 18W4D

Baby is the size of a(n): Slingshot

Any appointments? Questions?: Just my weekly appt for my progesterone today, and then Anatomy scan next week.

Rants/Raves?: Carpal tunnel has me up all night long tossing and turning :tired_face:

How are you feeling?: tired

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood book? Do you still have a copy? I also liked little woman, and the Nancy Drew series I don't have them anymore.
  • Options
    @kvh22 they didn't say anything about another scan, but we never got a good look at his face so it's possible. I believe cleft palate is one thing they look for at the anatomy scan and I don't think they would have been able to tell that from the angles we got
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @heathergirl89 ahh interesting. That makes sense. They got everything at my appointment but the issue was definitely baby moving around. This was about 15 minutes longer than my appt with DD (an hour total) and since we're team green we had to close our eyes 5 different times while they tried to find the sex since baby had his/her legs crossed. The heart, chin, and sex was all done at the end by the doctor, as well as some stuff with the brain. It was cool to have her explaining stuff to us.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options

Due date/W+D: May 9, 19w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): Mango or tomato

Any appointments? Questions?: I had a quick check-up on Tuesday, everything looked good. I mentioned that my belly-button has been bothering me (I have an umbilical hernia and my belly-button is sticking very far out now and I keep bumping it on everything) so the upcoming Tuesday I have an appointment with one of the surgeons I work with a lot to discuss options/worst-case scenario.

Rants/Raves?: I went to Motherhood Maternity yesterday to try to find some clothes that fit. I got one sweater that I liked but I feel like everything was super super long (I'm short) and skin tight and made my hips look huge.

How are you feeling?: Super tired, random headaches, random pains

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood book? Do you still have a copy? I loved If You Give A Mouse A Cookie went I was a young kid, I think that I still have a copy somewhere. I was obsessed with all the R.L. Stine books, especially the Fear Street series.
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• Options
    poshspiceposhspice member
    edited December 2018
    @MelissaMay82 have you looked at old navy maternity? They have a bunch of good tunic style tops. I’m staying away from tight clothes this time, too. 
    Ticker

• Options
    @poshspice I will have to look online, the one in the mall did not have any maternity clothes.
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• Options
    I got a bunch of tops from Target last night for pretty cheap, but I don't think the sale is still going. I prefer form fitting now that my belly looks like there's a baby and not burger King. 
  • Options
    @MelissaMay82 my old navy stopped carrying maternity, too. I just ordered my regular size online and they fit! 

@eatinwatermelonseeds I still look like I have a beer keg/chipotle baby 😂😞
    Ticker

• Options
    Lurking from Group 4...

@heathergirl89 you sound like me! I went to the ER Thursday with a fast HR (120, that rose to 150) and one-sided jaw pain (common symptom for women having a heart attack). They did an EKG and it was normal and my heart rate came down after an hour and they gave me meds. I am seeing a cardiologist this week and my OB for A/S and appt next week. I hope you get some answers and are feeling better soon!