July 2019 Moms

6 Weeks no heartbeat subchorionic hematoma

I thought I was 8 weeks 5 days on Tues, 12/4 and was having some very light brown spotting and the dr had me go in for an ultrasound. The US measured baby @ 6 weeks 6 days and there was no heartbeat and a small subchorionic hematoma visible. The dr told me either I would come back this Tues, 12/11 for another US and we would see the heartbeat and everything would be normal and my timing is just off or at some point this week I would miscarry. Of course I am a nervous wreck. The spotting went away that same day and I haven't had it again and no cramping either. I'm also confused about the timing because I had a PPT on 11/5. My LMP was 10/4 but I was on birth control for 20 years and came off in June and periods have been irregular 35-40 days cycles. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Answers

• I don't think you're going to find anyone with the exact same experience as you, but I will say that it is unfortunately possible to experience a miscarriage without having any signs.  It can sometimes take a while for the body to recognize the loss. Based on what you are saying it sounds like your dates could easily be off, which could potentially explain the measurements.  However, typically there is a heartbeat by 6w6d. 

That being said, 6-7 weeks is kind of a gray area as far as whether or not there will definitely be a heartbeat so you will likely just have to wait until your follow up scan to confirm one way or another.  I hope you get good news on Tuesday. 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Are you saying you got your positive test 11/5?  Based off that, if you assume you tested super early at 9 DPO, you would have been about 7w3d at your ultrasound on 12/4.  Most of what I have read would indicate that over 7w, you should be able to see a heartbeat. I am sorry you're in this crappy limbo. I know this isn't super encouraging.  <3
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • Loading the player...
  • Fingers crossed for good news for good news at your next scan.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I truly hope your dates are just off and that you get good news on Tuesday. My personal experiences with this situation did not have good outcomes, but a very close friend of mine was in this situation and now has a beautuful daughter. All you can do at this point is hope for the best. Sending good thoughts your way!!!
  • Hi there, I am in a similar situation to you. I had an abdominal dating ultrasound today, thought I was 10 weeks based on LMP but measurements showed 7 weeks and they didn't detect a heartbeat. I have had no bleeding or cramping and no drop in pregnancy symptoms. After talking to my midwife I am going in for blood work to measure my HCG tomorrow and then a follow up ultrasound next week.

I came off birth control (Mirena iud) in July and had two cycles before conceiving. My LMP started September 30. But I didn't have a positive test until November 2nd so I think it may be possible that the dating was off because of a longer cycle. 

Until we find out either way we are hoping for the best and trying not to stress. I feel your pain at this sense of limbo! Waiting is pretty excrutiating. Sending good thoughts your way.