May 2019 Moms

Cry baby pregnant lady 12/6

2»

Re: Cry baby pregnant lady 12/6

• *to learn more , I'd recommend Expecting Better by Emily Oster. She looks at actually scientific studies on all sorts of pregnancy issues to help give moms to be days to consider. It was a great read. 
  • MaggieG183MaggieG183 member
    edited December 2018
    @knarlytaurus I read that book during my last pregnancy. So informative! And yes, I 100% avoid deli turkey and, thankfully, my cat lives with my parents. I have heard though, toxoplasmosis only occurs in cats that go outdoors. Not sure the validity of that statement, but I’d steer clear of anything feces related with felines regardless. 

When it comes to eggs, we have our own yardbirds, so pasteurized eggs are not happening at our house. Our eggs are soooooo good it’s hard not to justify a runny egg from them every once in a while. My OB just told me to be sure that the shells are well cleaned before cracking them to avoid salmonella. Did you know though, if farmers didn’t wash their eggs, they could stay fresh outside a fridge for several weeks (comparitively, fridge eggs typically go bad in less than 2 weeks)? It’s amazing! The things you learn when *raising* chickens.

*editing because predictive text sucks.
  • Loading the player...
  • @maggieg183 I do know about fresh eggs being able to stay out. In Europe the eggs are not washed typically so sit out. We get our eggs from a neighborhood farm so I don't get too worried about salmonella.
  • I just found this article that talks about her book and it is how I feel in a lot of ways. Her book left me with lots of questions. Particularly, sure baby's liver takes care of the alcohol just like our own livers do but these babies are so tiny and do I want to make that teeny body work that hard? I agree with a lot of things she says and I liked much of her advice on things I didn't know about. She broke down all the genetic testing and that was AWESOME. I know she had a big problem with her doctor making blanket statements and honestly I'd urge anyone with a doctor like that to find a new one. My OB is clearly amazing at her job and she shows me each appointment that she keeps up with current medicine and findings when she answers the questions I ask. She doesn't tell me what to do with no explanation, she gives me recommendations and her reasoning behind it. Your relationship with your doctor should be a partnership and definitely not something that stresses you out further. OKAY I'LL SHUT UP NOW SORRY!!!

https://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/08/19/pregnant-and-disputing-the-doctor/

• @DuchessOfCambridge thanks for your thoughts on this. I think what you said about doing research and making your own decisions based on the evidence is exactly the point that Emily Oster makes in her book several times- I.E. Different women saw the same data and came to different conclusions which is the point. Despite her discussion on alcohol, I'm not going to become a weekly drinker, but I'm also not going to feel bad about having a 1/4 of a glass of champagne for a toast on Christmas or new years. But some women may take that part of it to mean they can have their weekly glass of wine. To each their own but I think the main point of her book is to look for studies, and good ones at that, to base your decisions. 
  • I've just seen some of my friends take it as gospel and it makes me cringe, that's all. Question everything! And make sure your doctor respects you too.

• Hormones, ugh! I'm frustrated to not get off of modified bed rest and being told I need to wean by MFM, but I really thought my OB would say I could start working out when I told her the size since we'd discussed if it didn't grow, I should be fine. I know she wanted to look at the pictures first so I'm waiting on a follow up response for clarification, but when I read her note saying to go with the MFM's recommendations, I burst into tears. I think it was just not what I expected combined with the hormones and I'm so, so thankful that everything was great today. It was basically as amazing of news as I could have hoped for from everything physically, I just feel like this MFM doc is being conservative and that if my OB had all the same info, she'd let me work out. Obviously, I'm in a holding pattern for at least the weekend until my OB can get the image but I'm worried I have 22 more weeks of this which would make me go crazyyyyyyy.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• My Moms 70th birthday is this weekend and she’s been having a really rough time with turning 70. My Grandma died 7 months ago and my moms started having a lot of annoying,though thankfully not serious health problems like sleep apnea and cateracta and needing hearing aids.

Last Xmas I posted this picture of my 90 year old Grandma holding 6 month old DDs hand and I framed it for my mom for her birthday. I bawled last night as I was framing it. Though with the holidays and my moms birthday are happy occasions, I know she’s missing her mom a lot right now.
  • We watched The Christmas Chronicles the other night and it made me cry.

Mostly this week, I've cried from my back hurting. I have an anterior placenta and baby likes turning and kicking into my back. Plus he's been positioned breech/lateral and it's killing me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I realize this is an old thread but damn, my hormones are everywhere today....

I’m trying to make deviled eggs. Eggs wouldn't peel. Yolks weren't cooked. Didn't have any mustard. Fucking hormones are making me cry over it all while DH sits on his ass playing Call of Duty. Told him I didn’t have mustard, he told me to run to the store and get it.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Hormones are irrational 😳 I cried because my DH ate the center of my cinnamon roll....I wasn't even that upset. I just got up and got another one, but by the time I returned I was crying, lol poor DH felt terrible.
  • @nuggetmama369 yep! Like, I made new deviled eggs but still cried over the first failed batch. 🤷🏽‍♀️
  • Christmas eve and I wore and blue and white striped shirts. my Aunt said "and this is why you don't wear stripes, you look wider" I could stop almost all night....
  • What hasn’t made me cry? 
    I cried today over not being able to get sushi, or drink. I cried the other day in the car because I was upset about something, but don’t ask me what that something was because I didn’t even know. My poor DH doesn’t even know what to do anymore 😂
  • I cried today because I missed the kids finding and opening their stockings.  DH's family has a tradition that you can't come out on Christmas morning until you hear loud Christmas music.  I happened to be in the bathroom in the middle of getting dressed when they started it.  By the time I was dressed and found my glasses the kids were 3/4 the way through their stockings.  DH and I are the only ones with kids, so I was upset they didn't give me a heads up before starting.
  • @fatmonica aww that's sad. H and I forgot the stocking until last 🤦‍♀️ I usually do that first. That sounds like a cute tradition, though, I'm sorry you didn't get to see it all though. 
  • This could probably be considered more of a bitchfest, but it made me cry and then cry more because I knew I shouldn't be crying about it.  I went to see Aquaman with DH, DD, and my 2 SILs this afternoon.   I am slightly claustrophobic and I hate being boxed in, and I knew I would have to leave to pee because its a really long movie, so I sat on the end of our group.  There were 3 chairs to the aisle so I set my purse over a chair on the armrest. The next thing so know some guy hands me my purse and sits right next to me.  I hate sitting next to strangers.  It feels like you are on an airplane. I felt trapped.  I hate bothering people and felt like as a plus sized pregnant woman I couldn't easily slip past them and the reclined chairs in front of them without making a huge commotion.  There were plenty of open seats a few rows up, so its not like that was their only option.  They didn't even ask if the seats were available.  I started to feel more and more enclosed and felt like the next 2 1/2 hours were basically ruined.  Then I was silently crying because I was mad, hot, uncomfortable, and anxious, and then I was crying because I knew I was being ridiculous.  DH finally convinced me right as the movie started that it was ok for him and I to leave the rest of our group and move to other seats.  At that point we had to sit in the third row, but I'm so glad he convinced me it was ok to move.   
  • @fatmonica who TF does that?! "Here stranger, take your purse, I'm sitting here" uh no GTFO of here. That's ridiculous. I'm sorry, I would've been really upset too. 
  • @fatmonica that's annoying. I probably would have stayed in the seat and then left 5-7 times during the movie to pee just to be petty. That's crazy rude that he just handed you your purse and plopped down...wtf?
    kids with flags
  • I am hormonal/emotional today and have been crying off and on for the last couple of hours. Yesterday was the (12th) anniversary of my cousin's death, and all these shitty feelings I didn't know were still stewing inside me are bubbling to the surface today. It feels like my kiddos have been pretty naughty today too, but idk, that might be partially me being a hormonal wreck and overreacting to everything.
    kids with flags
  • I'm just done emotionally. I cried today because I haven't showered since Christmas, my toddler peed on my leg yesterday while potty training and my husband has been 0 help all week because he "worked all day" and I'm "on vacation" because potty training a toddler while 21 weeks and taking care of everything around the house because he isn't helping is a walk in the park. 
  • Today, I cried because I got a surprise visit from CPS because apparently my ex called saying my kids are unsafe with me in retaliation for the restraining order I have against him for domestic violence and forcing his way into my house.
  • @fuscok88 I feel you. I'm on "winter break," but yesterday was anything but relaxing. My DH works from home, and he uses my "breaks" to sleep in until 9:50 (work starts at 10) while I am in charge of everything. Usually I feel like we strike a pretty good balance, but when I'm "off work" he doesn't do much childcare, meal prep, or work around the house. 

@heathergirl89 Yikes, that would be stressful, but I'm sure CPS can figure out that the call was retaliatory. My friend's husband works for CPS, and he mentioned they would get calls sometimes where they would show up unexpectedly and it was clear nothing was wrong, but they always have to follow up on things.
    kids with flags
  • @heathergirl89 oh for fucks sake! Your ex sounds like he needs a fucking reality check. I’m sorry but that pisses me off. CPS is so overworked with REAL cases that it can take 5-10 calls and visits to get children out of real danger. They don’t need the added stress of checking on kids that are perfectly safe because some dumbass is pissed! 
  • @heathergirl89 wth! Sorry you had to go through that. Hopefully your CPS worker realized it was retaliatory. 
  • @heathergirl89 ugh I'm so sorry. I'm glad you're away from him but basically everything @mrskoz428 said is what I'm thinking.

• Thanks ladies! Once they talked to me and my BF then talked to the kids, they seemed to feel like it was a BS call. They didn't even bother to check that there was plenty of food in the house, which they mentioned they needed to do. They also almost left without getting a number for a character witness. I told them about the restraining order and everything. She keeps taking notes and they were both really nice about it. It just pisses me off that now he's sinking to doing crap that can start to interfere with the kids lives just because he wants to. He has court on drug charges on the 9th. I just feel like this is his last ditch effort to get at me before then.
  • I was about ready to cry today after taking a drive to Costco and they don't appear to be still carrying two things I've been using a lot since being pregnant - nature Valley almond butter balls and cliff bar protein bars. I did feel like I was on the verge of crying right in the store aisle, but it passed.
  • @knarlytaurus I don’t know if you have more than one local Costco but ours carry different items at each location. We have a juice we like that is only at a particular Costco in our area. May want to try that 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • @teesmee we only have one Costco in the whole state! Luckily  it's only 20 minutes away from home and we pass it commuting to work. Otherwise we'd have to go to Quebec or NH. They've carried them for awhile, so not sure why they're not there now. Also, this trip was to get one of those queen-sized aerobeds with a headboard for my mom  but they didn't have them, either. It felt like a bust all around, except the dog was happy to get more treats! 
  • @knarlytaurus boo Costco!  Maybe they were just wiped out from the holiday rush 🤞🏼 At least the pup got something special!