July 2019 Moms

Plus size pregnancy

So I know the goal is healthy baby and that is my 1# focus, but are any of you plus-size moms worried about your stomach and it not looking “pregnant” especially if you already have a bit of a stomach?. I’m at size 16/18 and I’m worried that I’ll just look fatter. All I want is a healthy baby but I would be nice to look cute while doing it.

Re: Plus size pregnancy

• edited December 2018
    I'm a size 16/18 too and worry about the same thing. Funny, before i got pregnant, i was worried people would think i was pregnant when i wasn't! Based on some reading I've done, i think the biggest thing for me is going to be working extra hard to eat healthy and not gain weight. I have my initial appointment in a couple weeks and plan on discussing my weight concerns with my doctor.
  • Same size here! Plus I am short. This is my 3rd child but my heaviest weight for a pregnancy. I lost 20 lbs this year and I am dreading gaining it back. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I am plus size and worried about this in my last pregnancy but you could tell I was pregnant by 12-14 weeks.  I had a nice bump beyond that. Don’t worry too much!
  • Similar size, third child and I hold a lot of my weight in my stomach but the bump hardens and pops. I love being pregnant and having a baby belly instead of just chub. 

This is is the heaviest starting weight for a pregnancy so my goal is to not gain/very minimal gain. I only gained 12lbs in my last pregnancy but could have been healthier and have high hopes for this pregnancy. 
  • Plus size here too. Worried about overall health of me and babe. Haven't gained yet, only 9 weeks, but know that 10-20 lb gain is normal/healthy for my weight. 
    FTM
    July 4th
  • Just looked up my BMI and i am officially "obese".  :(  Waiting for my first appointment on the 17th so that i can talk about my concerns with my doctor is slowly killing me! Lol
  • I'm also considered "obese" based on BMI. I definitely have a belly but it's different when pregnant. I've actually lost a few lbs so far but look pregnant already. Granted, this is my 4th 🤷‍♀️
  • I found pregnancy to be such a body positive experience for me. I was a size 14 but always struggled with how I looked. Once I started showing, I loved it! I could actually show off my belly instead of trying to hide it. I'm actually really excited to get there again, even though I'm starting at a much heavier weight this time around. I'm only 6 months pp and am still about 35 lbs above my pre-pregnancy weight. That should make this an interesting pregnancy and I'm really hoping to limit how much I gain. I gained about 50 lbs with my first so I definitely can't do that this time. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020