July 2019 Moms
Options

First visit and US.

I went in today for my first visit and first ultrasound! I thought I was 7w 3d but I am measuring 6w 3d! I have been bleeding lightly for 2 weeks now so I was afraid something bad was happening. They told me there is hemorrhaging right next to the sac! I also have two sacs but only one has a baby in it! I’ve had this with my last baby and the other sac just vanished (“vanishing twin”) is what they call it. 

Had anyone had bleeding like this and everything be okay?? 

Re: First visit and US.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Welcome. We have an introduction thread, and ultrasound thread, and a thread with instructions on how to change your username to something more individual so we can get to know you. :)
  • Options
    Yes, I had bleeding around the same time, quite a bit, and it stopped and baby is doing fine.

And I've had what's called a subchorionic hemorrhage (a bleed next to the sac, same as you) both this pregnancy and my last pregnancy. I had to be on pelvic rest last time - no sex, no exercise other than yoga/brisk walk - but other than that, it caused no issue with my pregnancy or birth. They are actually relatively common. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Hi, same here. I went in yesterday for a vaginal US and we were only able to see 2 sacs and babies but hear only one heart beat. I am now 7w6d, but the other baby stopped growing at 6+ weeks. I feel like I should be in mourning but I'm still greatful for the one fighter. Mixed emotions and girly hormones can get the best of anyone.