April 2019 Moms

STM+ check-in w/o 12/4

How far along are you? How big is baby? 

How many kids do you already have? 

How are your other kids doing this week? 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? 

GTKY: What is your favorite season and why?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: STM+ check-in w/o 12/4

• How far along are you? How big is baby? 20+3 - beer bottle 

How many kids do you already have? 1 DD - she's 2.5

How are your other kids doing this week? Sassy but good. Potty training has overall been a success so that's exciting. She has meltdowns frequently about nothing, literally nothing, or because she doesn't get her way (no, I'm not letting you eat a gingerbread house for breakfast). 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? By the time I get home from work, I'm so utterly exhausted that I do what I can to get food on the table. I feel bad because then I just go lay on the couch while DH and DD play but I am just beat. Anyone else? Mom guilt is really getting to me lately.

Also starting to wonder how in the heck are we going to care for two tiny humans? Some days I can barely manage the one!  :D

GTKY: What is your favorite season and why? My favorite is fall but I like all the seasons for their owns reasons. Summer to be able to be outside and go swimming, Fall because it's beautiful and you can be outside without sweating your skin off, Winter for the holidays and cozy time inside and by Spring, I'm so excited to be outside without a heavy coat, I think it's magical LOL.
  • @mrstmoose I hear you.  I'm exhausted by the end of the day.  My kiddos haven't been getting great dinners lately.  Fast and easy is the name of the game.

How far along are you? How big is baby?  22+1 (i had to look it up, oops)  A coconut.

How many kids do you already have? 3 1/2 year old twin girls.

How are your other kids doing this week?  They're doing really well.  H and I were talking about it the other day, they are like little people now.  It's so fun talking to them, listening to them play, figuring things out...they're not babies anymore!

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions?   I meet with my family doc tomorrow for the last time before my OB takes over next week.  I'm pretty sure my family doctor just schedules me for as many prenatal appointments as she's allowed to because the appointments are pretty pointless and I get my OB next week...oh well.  A good excuse to listen to baby.  I'll be asking her about my blood pressure I think.  I've been having crazy headaches and dizziness and in the last few days my hands have swelled up.  I'm getting burnt out at work and woulnd't mind a leave haha.  Wishful thinking.

GTKY: What is your favorite season and why?  Autumn is my fav for sure.  Comfy clothes, crisp air, crunchy leaves, cuddling under blankets.  I think because of school I always things of fall as a new start even though all the plants and animals are going into hibernation, ha.  But it's the start of some really fun holidays!
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 21 weeks, endive

How many kids do you already have? 5 yo DD, 3 yo DS

How are your other kids doing this week? Great now that we are clear of stomach flu. We have been slowly decorating the house for Christmas and I love it! They are so excited it warms my heart. Happy to have someone to share the joy of the season with since DH is a Grinch.

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? So over pelvic rest. Fx that the placenta has moved up a bit and I can go back to business as usual.

GTKY: What is your favorite season and why? Fall! I love the cool, crisp air. Changing seasons, seasonal flavors, sweater weather, fall foliage, everything!
  • @mrstmoose, totally with you on the mom guilt.  I usually work evenings, and on my days off I'm so beat by the end of the day that I've basically been passing everything off to DH.  Growing a human is exhausting work!

@mermaidca , I love listening to DS play and imagine.  His "play voice," that he uses with his toys is freaking adorable.  Can't they just never grow up?!

@eli_belle , keeping my fingers crossed for you also!  And sharing holidays with the kiddos is so much fun - brings back the good memories and gives me an excuse to be a kid again myself.

How far along are you? How big is baby? I'll be 22 weeks tomorrow, so a coconut I guess?  Hah. 

How many kids do you already have? One 4yo son.

How are your other kids doing this week? He's been doing good, he's super excited by our activity advent calendar, which I'm thankful for.  I thought if he didn't get toys out of it he'd lose interest but he wakes up every day excited to look in the next box.

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? Rant: freaking migraine again tonight.  I was hoping I was through the worst of those.  I just want to be able to take ibuprofen again!  Rave: I forced myself to cook and eat healthy meals today and I've worked out two days in a row, so I'm actually feeling pretty okay mentally.

GTKY: What is your favorite season and why? It's a toss up between fall and spring, although I echo @mrstmoose that they all have their beauty.  I absolutely adore the hardwood fall foliage where we live though, and spring just makes me happy.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 20 weeks 6 days / paper air plane 

4 yo DD

How are your other kids doing this week? Good, she’s been listening better and following directions easier which is a big help. I think finding out we are having a girl/she’s getting a sister has helped her understand better about the baby. 

This is the 2nd day in a row I’ve been woken up early by the cat cause DH forgot to open the bedroom door before he went to bed. I’m not getting great sleep in the first place so it’s super annoying. 

GTKY: What is your favorite season and why? Winter. I don’t like the heat and where I’m at spring/fall is short and kind of a joke. Actually Winter here is probably like Spring/Fall in a lot of places, I don’t think we get true winter. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • @mrstmoose DS asks for candy each morning before school. Does he think the answer will be yes someday?
    @mermaidca sorry about the BP symptoms! That sounds kind of miserable.
    @eli_belle ME TOO re: pelvic rest. My MFM the other day was vaguely like ehhhhh maybbee it moved up enough? Mmk. I need the real answers here bud.
    @kangstadt yay for the cooking, boo for the migraines!
    @thatbaintforbetty glad she is listening better! Lack of listening has been a huge PITA here lately. 

How far along are you? How big is baby? 
    21w, some number of days - baseball caps!

How many kids do you already have? 3.5 DS1

How are your other kids doing this week? Pretty good! We had his Christmas program last night, which was insanely cute. Last week he had a bunch of overnight accidents (not his fault, but still frustrating for us) and was acting out during dinners and because of his tablet. We put timers on tablet use and have been better about sitting at the table to eat which seems to be helping. 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? I haven't been able to pick him up for 7 weeks now due to placenta previa. He seemed to understand but now he's asking AGAIN to be picked up and it breaks my heart.

Also, when will he start to wipe his own ass and brush his teeth well enough that I don't have to do follow-up? WHEN?

GTKY: What is your favorite season and why? Probably fall. I like chili and football and hot apple cider. All seasons are cool though - I just hate the time of late Jan through early April here - that's when I'm super over winter. 
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 21+2, idk? Lol.

How many kids do you already have? 1 DD, 5

How are your other kids doing this week? ITS BEEN A ROUGH WEEK YALL

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? It's the beginning of December and I'm already over winter. 

GTKY: What is your favorite season and why? I'm a spring person. Probably because winter is so rough for me, and shedding that winter fog always feels miraculous. I also love fall, but not quite as much.
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • @MRDCle, when you figure it out, let me know.  We haven't even tried to get our 4yo to wipe his own butt yet because it usually takes a little scrubbing to get it all (TMI?  Not even sure that exists for moms, haha).  I'm hoping to maybe get some flushable wipes and start teaching him before April.

Hang in there, @wildcosmiclove<3
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2018
    @MRDCle @kangstadt DD is 5, (6 on Friday) and only within the last year has she been able to brush her teeth properly. Butt wiping is still hit or miss, tbh. 
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • I have a friend who had to go back and reteach her 7 year old daughter how to properly wipe. I think it's an ongoing thing for a long ass time (pun intended). Pretty sure I need to buy stock in flushable wipes now that I'm thinking about it...
  • @MRDCle DD has issues wiping herself. It’s work in progress. I feel like she’s sorta got the gist of what to do but not really when it’s enough or she needs to wipe more. She fights brushing her teeth so I foresee supervising that for a long while.
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Wowww everyone crushing my dreams over here :D 
  • @MRDCle, I feel like that's the definition of toddlerhood, haha.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kangstadt Truth.

Also potty training is the worst part about having kids, i don't care what anyone else says. DD was almost an only child because I wasn't sure i wanted to go through the process more then once. Freaking nightmare.
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Potty training is the bane of my existence right now.  The other day one of the girls peed her pants like 3 times!!  And when I'd try to talk to her about it and do the whole "You're a big girl now, you're getting your pretty panties all yucky." she just kind of smirked and said "Oh yea, sorry 'bout that."  And wiping.  Oh man, the wiping.  They somehow make more of a mess.
  • @mermaidca I think we can all agree that toddlers are little jerks sometimes. 

We are about 2 weeks in to potty training and while I hate to jinx it, she's been doing pretty good. We still put a diaper on her for nap and bedtime but overall, I'm impressed. I don't think she'll be night trained for awhile, and we are ok with that. We just want the bulk of this to be done by the time Tiny 2 arrives. Because diapers.

Has anyone else noticed the price increase in diapers? We switch to Target brand around size 3, but I looked at Pampers the other day and dang, they've gone up like $5-$10.  :#
  • HGRichHGRich member
    edited December 2018
    Y’all we’re gonna buy DD a potty chair as her “something you need” gift for Christmas and I just don’t look forward to starting that process at all. 😭 

19+5, mango sized 

DD, 19mos

Not too bad—she’s been sleeping well so far this week, thank heaven. 

Rant: I am SO hormonal. Worse than I was with DD. And not so much crying as temper, and I don’t like it. It’s hard to be patient with DD. 
    Rave: the only reason we were willing to start trying for number two is because DD finally started sleeping through the night. So far so good, and I’m praying she does this well when baby brother is here. 

GTKY: SUMMER! Winter is just miserable. I’m cold the whole time, itchy, and the lack of sun gives me SAD over time. 
  • Honestly PT to me wasn't as bad as sleep as a collective whole has been for the past almost four years. I would happily PT my son 3 more times than deal with all the sleep regressions and "trainings" and wake-ups. 

To be fair though, I told DH since I PT'd DS, it was on him to PT the next two :D 
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 
    20w6d, banana I think. Measured at 15 oz on the ultrasound I had today

One daughter

We've been struggling a lot with misbehavior and hitting, she's 4. I'm trying some new Positive Parenting techniques such as planned ignoring and positive reinforcement

I feel like I still have forever to go with this pregnancy and she's already giving me a tougher time than my first daughter did

I love Fall, love the weather, Thanksgiving, my birthday and family birthdays are in the Fall, plus doing stuff like apple picking and pumpkin patches.
  • @booksandlace I'm glad you're back :)

DS is regressing in his potty training. I was hoping to have in underwear( during the day) by now 
    DD is doing great. She is stupid excited for a baby sister

Im a Summer girl 1000%. Growing up I spent most of my summer at the country club pool either at swim practice or lifeguarding or hanging out. I love being outside and feeling the warmth of the sun. Fall is a close second
    23+1, grapefruit!

DD is 1.5

Newfound confidence in crowds is fab (or at least it was last night at a Hanukkah party). Newfound (and unfounded) confidence in going down stairs had her landing on her head, but she can also climb up onto the dining room table, so it’s a week of ups and downs.

Random comment: it disturbs me how I can accurately identify DD’s meal based on the contents of her diaper. 

whichever one is next, so long as I’m living in a place with seasons and have had 1-2 months of the current one. I am always fond of late august and September, though, when the crowds disappear and the sea is still warm.
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 21 +5  size of a dragon egg

How many kids do you already have? 3 (19,15,11)

How are your other kids doing this week? The 20 year old is giving me gray hair but the others are good. 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? Rant- money there is never enough of it!! This time of year is killing me! 

GTKY: What is your favorite season and why? Summer for sure as I am out of school for the summer! Plus I love the longer daylight hours
  • @jayhawkmom4 preach! There is never, ever enough money.
    @wildcosmiclove I’m so sorry it’s been a rough week. Sending hugs.
    @kangstadt I feel you on the ibuprofen. How’s the working out going?
    @mrstmoose I wonder constantly how I expect to care for two tiny humans. The less tiny one will be expected to help.
  • @jayhawkmom4, I love that a dragon egg is a size comparison!  My app has bakery themed sizes, it's fun to have different comparisons!

@lyse01, I took yesterday as a rest day but was fairly active at work all day.  Eating healthy has been working for the most part, I made myself cook real food last night instead of just eating a frozen pizza or chips, haha.  (Although tonight might be a frozen pizza night since it's my late night at work!)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm here to comment on @jayhawkmom4 's dragon egg too!  Haha.  I'm not sure I know what a dragon egg looks like!
  • My "weird but cute animals," size theme says guinea pig, and my Parisian bakery theme says "flaugnarde."  So I'm guessing a dragon egg is about the size of a guinea pig, haha.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • mermaidca said:
    I'm here to comment on @jayhawkmom4 's dragon egg too!  Haha.  I'm not sure I know what a dragon egg looks like!

The site I use has the funniest ones! It was a Chipolte burrito last week! A few weeks ago it was tall non fat cappuccino with whipped cream! They make me smile :) 
  • I'm feeling really discouraged today with how DS is treating his cousin (I babysit my nephew two times a week, he's 16 months).  DS's reaction to my nephew crying or fussing or making silly noises in the car is to shout at him to stop.  Which obviously doesn't help, and doesn't make me feel very hopeful for the transition to having a baby in the house.  :frowning:

Any suggestions?  He's super sweet to any other kids, even other babies (for the most part as long as they aren't stealing his toys) but with his nephew I can't seem to get him to act compassionately.  It's making me feel like a second kid was a mistake in and of itself.  :confounded:
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kangstadt that’s a tough problem but not one that means a second kid is a mistake at all. We have to give them the tools to deal with their emotions/frustrations/problems with other people, and that starts young, and it is hard. 

can you make it so that he’s more of a helper/assistant? Like, nephew cries, you say “DS, what do you think he wants or needs?” And if it’s a bottle or a snack, “can you pass it to him?” If nephew is just making silly noises, ask what noises he thinks nephew is making, or to tell a story about them. Worst case, give him the power to request music?
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 22+3, size of a coconut

How many kids do you already have? 1DD she's 2yo

How are your other kids doing this week? I haven't seen her since last Friday but from what I can tell she's pretty sassy with DH but they are having a good time so far. I talk to them everynight. We do St. Nick in our house and she was extremely spoiled. Not so much by me, but her grandma and great-grandma gave her stuff for her stocking as well. (It was pretty ridiculous).

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? I'm gone for military leave until next Wednesday so that is definitely my rant. I miss DD and DH and she's not the best with face time yet, she loves to hold the phone but doesn't hold it so I can see her so it's a hit or miss. Only 6 more days to go until I get to go home.

GTKY: What is your favorite season and why? I love spring or fall. I think it's because it's the good in-between temperature where it's super comfortable out side. Used to be spring 100% but I think I'm starting to lean more towards fall simply because of the pumpkin/apple cider/etc.

• @lyse01, I try to redirect or get him to be a helper, but he usually just acts cranky and says no to me.  I got frustrated and was talking to him today about how baby brother is going to cry a lot too, and his comeback was "I'll just go and lock myself in my bedroom when he cries."

I know my anxiety/stress presents as anger and frustration a lot of times, and I hate feeling like I'm modeling sh*tty behavior for my kid to mimic to a T.  I'm just at a loss.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kangstadt I mean, I tell DH to go walk away when he’s angry and take 5. It’s not the worst solution to go hide in his bedroom for a bit. 

Don’t beat yourself up about the bad modeling (especially because you also model excellent paper snowflake parenting), but maybe work on addressing sources of stress and anxiety? I know you’re already doing this, but talking about it with DS might also be helpful in showing that grownups get frustrated and need to take time to take care of themselves too.
  • Holy shit, 19 mo DD just pooped in her potty. Has she ever peed there? No. Does she normally poop this early in the morning? No. But she was clutching a pretty dry diaper so I put her on it and voila, mega poop. I am simultaneously thrilled and wondering where to find mini pull ups. 
  • @lyse01, woot woot! Let's hope it's the start of a habit for you guys.  Getting through the hardest part of potty training before April would probably be a blessing!  
    Pregnancy Ticker