July 2019 Moms
Options

Meal Plans w/o 12.2

Hello meal plan mommas! What are you making this week for dinner and/or lunches? Need some inspiration!

Here's all I've got so far:
Sunday - Sausage and Navy Bean Soup w/ bread
Monday - Leftovers
Tuesday - Mongolia BBQ in the Instant Pot (made Monday) w/ Rice
Wednesday 
Thursday 
Friday

Re: Meal Plans w/o 12.2

• Options
    Sunday - Loaded baked potato soup with chive and cheddar biscuits
    Monday - linguine marinara with seared chicken breast
    Tuesday - leftovers

No clue what I'm making after that.
  • Options
    I’m having a hard time cooking. It always leads to vomiting. So I’ve been sticking to very simple things to make lately so I don’t have to spend so much time standing up around food. I’m basically cooking for just my husband and kids at this point... so I let them choose this week and these are their easy go-to meals. 

Monday-crockpot chicken & noodles w/mashed potatoes 

tuesday-tacos/nachos

Wednesday- goulash (my kids call it fancy Mac n cheese! Haha) 

Thursday- Swiss burgers 

Friday- spaghetti & breadsticks 

saturday- sloppy joes 

sunday-Swedish meatballs in crock pot 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @JNR6510 You mind sharing the cheese and chive biscuit recipe? I could use one.

@bartonolivia I love sloppy joes, but can't get kid interested in anything like a burger or sandwich unless it's a grilled cheese. That's so nice of you to keep cooking for the fam despite the illness - is your husband able to pitch in at all?
  • Options
    @foodislove It's a super simple recipe. Just 1.5 c flour, .5 c milk, 1 tsp salt, 2 tsp baking powder, a pinch of freshly ground pepper, 1 tsp chives, a stick of cold butter cubed, and as much cheddar cheese as you like. Everything but the cheese and butter get mixed up at once. The colder the butter the better rise you get out of the boscuits. I like to bake mine in a cast iron pan. If you preheat the pan with a touch of butter, it gives you a delicious buttery, crispy bottom to the biscuit. Bake at 375F for 10-15 minutes.
  • Options
    @foodislove all food is a hit or miss for the kids. One kid loves cheeseburgers— the other one, not so much. My husband doesn’t help much in general. He’s very much just into him self so anything he can do for him vs the family, that’ll get done first. Lol so let’s jusg say this pregnancy is making me very irritated with him. But he also is a manager in retail so I try to have his dinner done before he gets home. He’s grumpy if not. 😒
  • Options
    Tonight was chicken masala.  I don't plan day by day, but we'll have chicken noodle soup in the crockpot some night and meatloaf another night. Rest will he leftovers, fend for yourself, or nothing.
  • Options
    Yesterday- cilantro lime shrimp, rice, peas.                                                   Today- idk if you guys ever had those kfc bowls with the mashed potatoes on bottom, corn,cheese, gravy and popcorn chicken? But I’m making my own version of that and salad.              Tuesday- pork tenderloin and sides to be determined.                               Wed- oven fried chicken, Parmesan garlic green beans, buttered noodles Thursday - spaghetti and meatballs or Swedish meatballs over noodles     Friday- this weekend is up in the air we close on our house so prob ordering pizza and having a moving party. Saturday prob out to celebrate.
  • Options
    M- cheeseburger soup 
    T- pork burgers 
    W- zucchini boats
    Th- Mexican egg rolls 
    F- spaghetti squash Alfredo 
  • Options
    Recipe for cheeseburger soup please ☺️
  • Options
    @vanillalatte89 I modified a pinterest recipe. I am lazy so I put potatoes (you can also use hashbrowns), cooked hamburger seasoned as you wish, 28 ounces of chicken broth, 16 oz of shredded cheese, a can of tomatoes, and some onions in the crockpot this morning. Its a recipe I change a little every time I make it, but its basic and tastes delicious.