April 2019 Moms

Week 4 check-in w/o 11/19

GTKY stolen from March 19... again 🤷🏻‍♀️

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: What is the worst Thanksgiving food?

Re: Week 4 check-in w/o 11/19

• EDD 4/26, 17+4. 

Next appt is 12/12. Anatomy scan. Looking forward to it anxiously.  

Rant: I wish I was feeling this kid more. I think I felt DD more at this point, surprisingly since she was my first AND I had an anterior placenta with her. But I know every pregnancy and baby is different, and he may just be tucked where it’s harder to feel him. Of course I may also be remembering that I felt DD more because I was so focused on feeling her. Now I’m distracted chasing a toddler around. 

Rave: my support/compression leggings are on their way. I hope I like them—the compression could be really nice. 

Feeling: not bad. I actually slept really well last night. Wish I wasn’t constipated. Oh pregnancy. 

GTKY: either cranberry sauce or green bean casserole. Why would you ruin perfectly good green beans with mushrooms and onions? 
  • Due date: April 22 

Any appointments? Next week we have the anatomy scan. 

Questions?: anyone else already getting lightning bladder? I think this baby is enjoying pressing on my bladder.

Rants/Raves?: I also wish I could feel baby more  I’m thinking I am and it’s just subtle. With no. 1 I didn’t connect the feelings until I saw her moving on the anatomy scan.  

How are you feeling?: tired and scared of headaches, high Labito a few times a day when hubby is not around and then as soon as he gets home I’m like “meh, don’t want to be touched”

I have allergies and I can’t have a lot of thanksgiving foods, but honestly I dislike the turkey if most of it is dry and I dislike the green veggies if I didn’t cook them. 

• Loading the player...
  • Due date: 4/26

Any appointments? Questions?: next appointment is 12/10

Rants/Raves?: also wishing I could feel this one more.  

How are you feeling?: so tired.  I can’t do anything without a nap

GTKY: What is the worst Thanksgiving food? Turkey. Ironically, I do crave turkey deli meat when pregnant. We’re having Italian food this year so I’m happy.

• llamamamanycllamamamanyc member
    edited November 2018

Due date: April 27

Any appointments? I had my initial anatomy scan (16wks — everything looked good!) last week, and I have a follow up with my OB on 11/27.

Questions?: Are anyone else’s boobs still killing them? I thought the pain/tenderness was supposed to ease up in the second trimester, but mine are so sore and getting huge! Plus my nipples are constantly hard which is also painful! Also wondering when/if my sex drive will return. Hubs and I cuddle and kiss all the time, but I have no desire to do more than that, which bums us both out — I miss sex too!!

Rants/Raves?: As with last week, commuting is just annoying, especially when the subway is crowded. Even though I’m visibility pregnant now, most people just ignore me and don’t offer a seat / get out of the way. I’m pretty pushy, so I usually get one, but it’d be nice if people were a little more considerate. 

How are you feeling?: All in all, I feel pretty good. Just tired and a little forgetful. Sciatica pops up every once in a while, but stretching and Pilates help.

My dad’s family is Greek, so we eat tons of amazing Greek food alongside our turkey (spanakopita, avgolemono, pastichio), but my mom’s side is a little bland. There’s one dish that they have to serve (cause my aunt and uncle love it) called cracker gravy that is literally just gravy with broken saltine crackers in it. Have some salt with your salt!! 🤮

• @kbirchtree Variably? Sometimes I feel like I need to pee every 20 minutes, other times it seems pretty normal...

@llamamamanyc I think it came up in a FFFC thread, but there was a discussion of who was getting action. A lot of people weighed in with variations of "nah, I'm just not feeling it right now". For me, sex has felt super weird the couple times we tried it once my nausea decreased so, eh... No idea if/when your sex drive may change though. As for the boobs, mine are less sore than the beginning of first tri but still sensitive. Nipples still super sensitive to any and all touch though.

Due date: 4/25

Any appointments? Questions?: Nope.

Rants/Raves?: Little fed up with my ob/gyn and the practice she works in. Last week we had a checkup - waited more than an hour to see her for what was truly about 5 minutes during which the only thing she did was check the fetal hr with a doppler quickly and tell us about the next appointment. It was already after 5:30 when we were leaving, so I can understand a rush to get home, but I also feel like at that point they should have tried to call some of the later patients and just reschedule? Overall the office just seems over-subscribed. When I first tried to get a prenatal checkup, the first opening was a month out. :neutral: I've been thinking about trying the associated midwife group instead, with the hopes that they'll be a bit more available...

How are you feeling?: Sooo tired. The past few days I've been doing as little as possible, and it seems like the right amount. Unfortunately, that can't continue. I'm pretty sure I've been feeling little baby kicks -- but that's probably also because I've spent so much time just sitting on the couch reading.

GTKY: What is the worst Thanksgiving food? I'm always skeptical of anything that involves "casserole" in the title. Also, no jello, definitely nothing with jello. Can-berry sauce is allowed. This year I'm dreading the brussels sprouts and any green vegetable but that's an exception to the norm.

• Due date: 4/22

Any appointments? Questions?: I have my anatomy scan in just a few hours. We are going to find out the sex and I’m beyond excited (which is why I’m awake and writing this at 3am 😂🤷🏻‍♀️)

Rants/Raves?: I too wish I felt the baby move more often. I am glad to see I’m not the only one.

How are you feeling?: Mostly excited. Everything is so much more real lately - finding out the gender, my bump is big enough that I actually look pregnant now instead of like I’ve put on weight. 

GTKY: What is the worst Thanksgiving food? Cranberry sauce from a can. It looks gross. I have never tried it. I can’t get past the fact that is still looks like it’s in a can lol. 

• Due date: 4/26

Any appointments? Questions?: Anatomy scan next thursday!

Rants/Raves?: Got my results for the 2nd genetic screening blood work and it all came back perfectly

How are you feeling?: Pretty normal just fat

GTKY: What is the worst Thanksgiving food? TURKEY- I hate it, give me all the sides though

Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Due date: 04-23

Any appointments? Questions?: Anatomy Scan on 12-10! 

Rants/Raves?:  Nothing really

How are you feeling?: Great! Got over my nausea about 4 weeks ago, and can finally eat normally again!

GTKY: What is the worst Thanksgiving food?  Ummm...probably pumpkin pie or turkey, lol.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Any appointments? Questions?: Anatomy Scan next Thursday :smile:

Rants/Raves?: I hope this isn't TMI -- but I went from pooping once a day -- to 2-3 times a day -- It is so annoying because I don't know when it will come -- and I hate using public bathrooms for pooping but now I have no control. Anyone pooping twice a day at anytime?

How are you feeling?: Pretty good no complaints. I'm finally eating 3 meals a day :smiley: and it feels good to be normal again. I get winded and lightheaded at times from just doing the most simple things. But I am feeling the baby move -- not a lot but maybe once a day or every other day. 

GTKY: What is the worst Thanksgiving food? green bean casserole --- just why?

• Due date: April 26!  

Any appointments? Questions?: Anatomy scan Dec 6. 

Rants/Raves?: Starting to feel a bit of movement I think. Get a little anxious when everyone's asking if I feel any kicking... worries me that I should be feeling more already. 

How are you feeling?: Okay for the most part. 

GTKY: What is the worst Thanksgiving food? :  Ah I love them all haha 

• Due date: April 30

Any appointments? Questions?: We did an early gender reveal scan tonight and found out we’re having a little girl!! My formal anatomy scan isn’t until December 7. 

Rants/Raves?: Also wishing I could feel her more. You second time moms make me feel better hearing that you can’t feel yours too much either. Every now and then I feel a flutter but nothing regular.

How are you feeling?: I have an ear and sinus infection currently so crappy from that but otherwise my morning sickness is gone and I’m getting my energy back!

GTKY: What is the worst Thanksgiving food? I’m allergic to turkey so I’d say the turkey. I love everything else! Even the green bean casserole!

• Due date: 4/22

Any appointments? Questions?: Anatomy scan and appointment 12/11

Rants/Raves?: I saw my family doctor for my medicine refills and tried talking to him about being depressed and he wrote it off as pregnancy hormones with nothing to do but cowboy up for the next 4 months. Fucker.

How are you feeling?: headaches and depressed, but happy enough I suppose.

GTKY: What is the worst Thanksgiving food? Salad, only because I can make that quickly at anytime!

• kaitykinskaitykins member
    edited November 2018
    @Kateriee I would suggest speaking with your OBGYN office. Mine is always screening for depression and they are more in tune to what’s normal hormonal mood swings and what’s a depression or even a depression risk. GP drs are not great during pregnancy. It’s like they are afraid of your condition.
  • Due date: 4/28

Any appointments? Questions?: Anatomy scan and OB appointment on Monday.

Rants/Raves?: DH keeps putting off house improvement chores. I feel bad because I can’t help out like I normally would (fumes/chemicals involved), but I’d really like for him to get it done soon.

How are you feeling?: Nervous for my next appointment- we’ve started telling most of our friends, so I just feel very vulnerable and nervous, if that makes sense. I’m always a mess before scans though.

GTKY: What is the worst Thanksgiving food? All Thanksgiving food is beautiful. If I had to pick, probably that sweet potato casserole with the marshmallows on it- too sweet, would rather eat an extra slice of pie anyway.

• Due date: 4/28

Any appointments? Questions?: OB appointment on Thursday, anatomy scan 12/7 and I’m counting down!!!

Rants/Raves?: I so enjoyed thanksgiving!!! Yum yum! And since we went to my sisters and she never shared leftovers I bought a turkey half off on Friday and cooked it today!!! I’m such a happy camper!

How are you feeling?: Great! I love this time of year! And I’m finally able to eat and have put the vomiting safely behind me as of 1.5 weeks ago! Another half week of eating normally and taking my iron and prenatals and I’m going to restart my exercise regime. Lots of muscle atrophy from my HG the first 3.5-4 months laying in bed throwing up. But I can make up the lost ground. 

GTKY: What is the worst Thanksgiving good? Green bean casserole, I won’t touch the stuff, I prefer fresher varieties like sautéed with garlic and almonds or onions and bacon, or mushrooms and lemon zest. All ate better alternatives IMOP... 

• Glad I’m not the only one who gets worked up before every scan. I can feel fine and be all excited for days but as soon as I know it’s coming up I start panicking that we’ll get bad news. 
  • GTKY stolen from March 19... again 🤷🏻‍♀️ Due date: 4/27 Any appointments? Questions?: Anatomy scam today! Rants/Raves?: Not really. How are you feeling?: A little heartburn here and there but manageable. GTKY: What is the worst Thanksgiving food? Turnips.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • GTKY stolen from March 19... again 🤷🏻‍♀️ Due date: 4/27 Any appointments? Questions?: Anatomy scam today! Rants/Raves?: Not really. How are you feeling?: A little heartburn here and there but manageable. GTKY: What is the worst Thanksgiving food? Turnips.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Sorry my phone went crazy and posted multiple times. Now it won’t let me remove the “extra” posts.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @mesweattea for DS1 I was forgotten 3 times at the office. It was crazy and I was pissed!! In my case I loved my OB but hated the office staff. I only stayed because I was high risk but for DS2 I switched offices.  Totally different experience.

Honestly if I wasn’t high risk I would have switched for DS1.  Its only going to get worse when you have to go more frequently.
    BabyFruit Ticker