Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Weekend 11/17 - 11/18

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO:

Timing:

Typical LP length: 

Testing:

R/R: 

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Weekend 11/17 - 11/18

• @brookert615 dang look at you! Have fun on your friend dates! 

Month/Cycle: 13

CD/DPO: 25/12

Timing: good

Typical LP length: 13-15

Testing: bring on AF

R/R: the engagement party last night was really fun! I definitely enjoyed the champagne haha. No rants today!

CS/Q: nothing to see here. Hope everyone has a fun and relaxing weekend!
  • Loading the player...
  • @b_1029 Glad you enjoyed the party last night and were able have those magical bubbles lol. 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @brookert615 I hope you enjoy your weekend and time spent with friends!
    @b_1029 so glad you had a great time at the engagement party!
  • kels0091kels0091 member
    edited November 2018
    Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: CD17  1DPO

Timing: I have a really good feeling about it but time will tell I gues. 

Typical LP length: according to FF 14 days 

Testing: I really enjoy peeing on things so probably in a week even though I know it'll be pointless haha so I guess on the 30th of this month. 

R/R: my bf truly doesnt understand how the female body works. 
    I O'd last night so we HIO and he woke me up this AM and asked me to pee on a test. Poor guy. I'm going to try to find him a very simple book to read lol. I agree that its complicated. 
    I have been feeling like absolute crap these past few days and managed to get a pinched sciatic nerve. so that sucks but I'll survive. 
    My sister is coming to town today so we are going for lunch together. I don't remember the last time just her and I went out together. 

CS/Q: this is super dumb but would anyone think theirs a point in sex the day after you supposedly O'd ? Im still so new to this, I've been googling everything. 
    Also, everything I read says when TTC to stay away from advil as it can apparently cause more harm then good. I get killer migraines that have me in tears, any suggestions on what to take ? I have a drs appointment on Monday so I'll ask then if course, ive just been suffering for two days now. 

ETA to add tags ! 

@b_1029 was it a friends engagement party ? I've never actually been to one but they sound like fun! Ive already got mine planned out (not even engaged yet hahaha) champagne is magical until the next day. 

@littleredm let's see your xmas tree !! Im so jealous. that's awesome you guys are helping your parents out! I dont know if id be able to do it but a part of me knows I would if needed. we just barely survived each other when I was a teen lol. 

@brookert615 i feel ya in the work thing. I missed now two days and its going to be absolute hell when I go back in on monday. enjoy being a social butterfly :)
  • @kels0091 I’m glad you’re feeling good this cycle! I think there’s definitely a point in HIO the day after O since the egg can live up to 24 hours. It definitely won’t hurt. And it was my SIL’s engagement party! 
    @littleredm agreed, let’s see that tree! I’m totally in the Christmas spirit but I’ve always been a strict no Christmas till after Thanksgiving person...I’m itching to decorate! And that’s so nice of you all to help your parents out like that, so sweet! FX for your testing the next couple of days! 
  • @kels0091 So I've suffered from chronic migraine for years and getting off my medication was a big ordeal because none of it was safe for conceiving. Tylenol is safe while ttc so I would take that if you get a migraine. I also have a headache hat ice pack which I'll post below in the spoiler that I wear to apply cold to the head. I would also suggest drinking something with caffeine and then peppermint oil helps with both pain and nausea. I usually apply it to my temples and under my nose (mix it with some coconut oil or something to dilute it because it can sting.) As far as medication that you can take for nausea I've heard that zofran is safe for pregnancy/conceiving so I'd ask your doctor about that. Do you have a neurologist? Also try and identify your triggers by keeping a journal of what you eat/drink/sleep etc so that you can try your hardest to avoid. I know it's a lot but all of these have been able to help me keep my migraines under control without having to go to the hospital or take something that isn't safe for ttc. I do take ibuprofen though if it's af time. I just avoid it around O and during the tww. Other suggestions: melatonin and magnesium can help too. If you have any other questions feel free to send me a pm. Of course talk to your doctor about all of these suggestions and see what they suggest as well.

Headache Hat here. (I have two so I can switch out when needed)

@b_1029 @kels Here's the Christmas tree and our reindeer that hangs out by our fireplace. Our angel topper is broken so we need to get a new one.

• @brookert615 Enjoy your plans this weekend!!
    @b_1029 Glad you enjoyed the party! I had a decent amount of wine last night myself :lol:
    @littleredm I’m so excited to decorate for Christmas!!
    @kels0091 Definitely can’t hurt to HIO on 1DPO if you can swing it since the egg can hang around for up to 24 hours.

Month/Cycle: 7/5

CD/DPO: 39/13

Timing: good

Typical LP length: 15 days

Testing: Planning to this afternoon with an FRER but not getting my hopes up. Then just WFAF.

R/R: Looking forward to a 2 day work week next week then Thanksgiving! I opened up to a friend about our struggles TTC last night so that helped some.

CS/Q: Temps are still high but don’t usually drop until the day before AF.

• @littleredm Yay Christmas! I feel like trees really boost the mood lol. Your tree is so gorg! That is wonderful you guys are able to help your parents like that! Your chart is so pretty!

@kels0091 For sure the day after is a prime time! And I second the peppermint oil! There’s also a piercing that helps! 

@dogmomma096 That’s awesome you were able to have a sounding board! Your chart is looking great! FX for you! ❤️

TW
  • @brookert615, I hope you have/had fun with your friends and that your work calms down soon!

@littleredm it is so exciting to put up your tree! In my mind we are 100% doing it next week and dh keeps saying the week after. 

@kels0091 I would definitely hio day after, just in case.  And dh doesn’t get it either.  He was accusing me (jokingly sorta, he just wanted sex) of not trying hard to get pregnant , ugh i had ovulated 4 days ago.  
    As for migraines, I have a daith piercing, it makes my migraines tolerable, but my mom never gets them now.  And peppermint oil is amazing and work quick.  I also take fioricet for my migraines too, I got the script originally from my obgyn.  But it has some nasty side effects to beware of.

Month/Cycle:  22/4 after bench

CD/DPO: 18/5

Timing:  EOD I think.

Typical LP length:  15 days

Testing. I was thinking Thursday since I plan to drink.

R/R:   I didn’t get time to bake yesterday, so I think I will today.  Otherwise I am tired, I was out not super late, but sort of late at a party and I am exhausted.

CS/Q:

• Thank you to everyone for the info ! Took 5 extra strength tylenols yesterday but I feel good so far today ! Granted I haven't left my bed yet haha. 
    I'll be getting some peppermint oil asap 
  • @dogmomma096 I'm excited for Christmas too and Thanksgiving! I'm glad you were able to talk to a close friend about ttc. It can be such a comfort to have a close friend listen and be supportive.
    @holly321 Hope that you had fun at your party and have a nice relaxing day baking. Do you watch The Great British Baking Show?
  • edited November 2018
    @kels0091 I've suffered from migraines for 22 years now (started at 10!!) Anyway.  I take Sumatriptan from my neuro. I take it when needed until 8dpo. Then I suffer. My neuro says the biggest thing is to take any meds within the first 30min of onset. A few PPs mentioned the daith piercing. I have both of mine done but don't see any real difference but my cousin swears by hers. Like Littleredm said, magnesium can also be super helpful for me. But learning you triggers is the key. If you end up like me and have hormonal and weather triggers, it sucks because all you can do is treat. At least with food triggers you can avoid.

Edited because I hate autocorrect and predictive text....
  • @brookert615 Yay for social butterfly times with friends! Jealous :)

@littleredm I LOVE Christmas and decorations! DH has a STRONG belief that it shouldn't happen before Thanksgiving so now we have a STRONG tradition of getting our tree and decorating the *very* next day :) It really does just make everything happier, doesn't it? That's awesome that you guys are there and able to help out your parents when they need you.

Month/Cycle: 10/4

CD/DPO: 23/9

Timing: -1

Typical LP length: 9-10 

Testing: WFAF

R/R: Had a great weekend with my momma coming to visit! I'm getting pretty bored with my rotation of the same old low carb dinners I make so we found a bunch of new recipes to try and cooked a few of them. 

CS/Q: I'm 35 and thinking about checking out that TTC over 35 group. Anyone else crossover in both? I think I've been in denial that my age is making a difference but I suppose it can't hurt to learn more about it. 

Also, since I've been active in here I've just been in the TWW. Next month I'm benched due to DH traveling during FW - where do I go? Do I still go to WTO even thought it doesn't really matter this time around? I mean, I'll lurk everywhere but where do I get to rant? :) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @SA0012 I think you would be fine to do the WTO and TWW threads and just note it. I would still track everything just for the data :)
    TW