April 2019 Moms
Options

UO w/o 11/15

Happy Thursday ladies.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: UO w/o 11/15

• Options
    I don't know why UOs are usually food related.  But - I don't like pie.  I'll eat my obligatory piece of pumpkin during the holidays but that's about it.  The crust is so dry and tasteless.  Yuck!  If I have to eat pie I usually leave the side and top part of the crust because at least the bottom has soaked up some of the liquid from the filling.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mermaidca I used to be the same way. I wouldn't even eat pie until after college. Now I'm obsessed with pie. I don't know what changed. 
  • Options
    @mermaidca, I used to think cheesecake was gross.  Then I went to college and had real cheesecake and it's one of my favorite desserts now.  Especially a strawberry swirl with a graham cracker crust... mm.

For me, pie has to have a nice flaky crust.  And be served with vanilla ice cream :smile:.  And pumpkin pie is gross.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I also don't like shortbread cookies.  I think it's the same problem as the pie crust for me.  It's always dry AF and just crumbles in your mouth.  Shortbread cookies - oh you mean tasteless sand?  No thanks.
  • Options
    My opinions on pie align with of Timothy from Boss Baby, pie is delicious! Expect pumpkin, that's a vegetable.

lol. Can you tell what one of my kids favorite movies is?
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty maybe that's where my son has gotten his pumpkin pie talk lately. He keeps telling me he's going to eat a whole pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving and I've been trying to figure out where he heard of it.
  • Options
    @mermaidca I think pumpkin pie is my least favorite pie...so one-note. I did see a recipe that added bourbon so I hope that provides depth in the way that espresso adds depth to chocolate.
  • Options
    @MRDCle lol. The do talk about pie charts in the movie and show a lot. But Tim has a mini rant about pie in the movie that's pretty funny to me.
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    Traditional Thanksgiving food is generally gross and blah.  I don't love Turkey.  The other stuff is passable, but I don't get the glory of this feast.  Bring on Christmas and all of the fancy food.

DS1 is 7.  DD is 1.  DS2 is coming in late April.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    No for pumpkin pie for me but I loooove me some apple pie, or apple cheesecake bars. Those things are my favorite.

• Options
    On the theme of desserts...I don’t understand the appeal of macarons. 
  • Options
    Preach @MRDCle.
  • Options
    @mariposa_767s Now I’m curious about your Christmas dinner. I feel like Thanksgiving is the bigger/fancier of the two. At least for people I know. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    Same, @MRDCle.  Although I do have a soft spot for baked meringue cookies (different than macarons, but both start with an egg white base).
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    my UO: I don’t really enjoy live music. I’d rather stay home, listen to a CD, and have a glass of wine in peace on my couch. 
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty We have roasted pork, some kind of cheesy potato casserole thing, and basically whatever we feel like eating for Christmas.  Desserts are typically better because it's when we experiment with a bunch of new recipes and pretty much go crazy with it.  It's also when people who "caught" a deer have their deer sausage/salami ready and that ish is amazing.  I think the freedom of deciding what to eat without the "tradition" that comes with Thanksgiving allows for more creativity and variety.  It's also when we spend the time to make more Puerto Rican food that me may not make as often during the year.  We have a very blended family, so the variety is better around Christmas.  (This turned into a very long explanation lol)

DS1 is 7.  DD is 1.  DS2 is coming in late April.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    in the theme of food and the holidays: I HATE homemade stuffing. growing up, my dad always made some version of homemade stuffing for thanksgiving and it was the biggest disappointment of the whole year. first, homemade stuffing is just awful- it's dry & tasteless & the texture makes me gag. second, NOTHING beats stove top!! what is so wrong w/ stove top that people think they need to make something themselves??! don't fix it if it ain't broke!
  • Options
    @kangstadt @MRDCle Yes, French macarons are stupidly overrated. In my pastry cheffing days I made so many and the whole time I was just wondering what was wrong with people that they wanted to pay $2 for single stupid cookie. 

Meringues on the other hand, I am definitely prone to proselytizing. For something so simple and delicious, I feel like not enough people know about them.
  • Options
    @batmama31 I like stovetop but my moms stuffing is definitely not dry and tasteless. Lol
  • Options
    I love meringues, ours usually have mini chocolate chips and peppermint extract. I also like lemon. Mmmmm. 

I like  pecan pie best. But no crust. 

• Options
    late UO but I LOVEEEE that people are in the Christmas spirit already. My neighbors already decorated beautifully and inspired me to get my stuff out. Its such a happy time of year that it sucks that its frowned upon if you start celebrating it a month in advance. We have a million things I want to do and see for christmas (theme parks, christmas lights, christmas cards, bake cookies, etc) that it is really really hard to back it into 4 weeks. 

Also I think that the negative political climate has pushed Christmas up too. Everything is so negative lately I just want some colorful happiness.  
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18