January 2019 Moms

Weekly check in. Jan 15-31 (w/o 11/13)

Haven’t seen one for us at the end of the month and was feeling left out. If I’m wrong blame it on pregnancy brain. 

EDD?

Symptoms?

Upcoming Appointments?

R/R/Q?

GTKY: What is an irrational fear you have? 

Re: Weekly check in. Jan 15-31 (w/o 11/13)

• EDD? 1/26

Symptoms? Sore and tired 

Upcoming Appointments? 11/27 

R/R/Q? Can we believe it’s almost mid November already? 

The easter bunny! And pretty much anybody in a full faced mask. 
  • 1/31

Acid reflux, sore upper back pretty regularly. Hip pain is still a constant pain in the ass. 

11/30 is our next OB check in. Every 2 weeks now!

+1 to the mid-Nov shock. Where da fuq has the time gone?! I'm the last in line and 11 weeks to D-Day is still shocking. 

Driving over bridges and also on really busy freeways. I live in a city with a LOT of bridges, and I only go over one or two of them. Even then sometimes my palms get super sweaty & I get light headed & need to roll down the windows & hold SOs hand. I strategically reroute Apple & Google maps to take routes w/o freeways & over the bridges that I prefer. 

I have a weird fear of blacking out while driving over a bridge and falling off the side. Or, on a bridge or on the freeway, if someone comes swerving into my lane I have no where to go so that freaks me out. I stick to the long, scenic routes for the most part lol. Yeah, basically I'm pretty neurotic lol.

• Loading the player...
  • EDD? 1/19 but c section will either be 1/7 or 1/9!

Symptoms? horrible pregnancy brain. About to start insulin for my GD that has been unmanaged thus far (meds didn't work/neither did diets). Tailbone pain--he's been against my cervix and in my hips for over a month now. Nausea and vomiting from all the GD meds..hopefully that will subside here soon if the insulin works!

Upcoming Appointments? R/R/Q? 11/27 for my regular OB...biophysical profile and ultrasound every single week from now to delivery! Have to squeeze a high risk appointment in there somewhere too. 

GTKY: What is an irrational fear you have? Tunnels. I do not like them. The thought of getting stuck in one is terrifying to me.
    Me: 31 I DH: 31
    Met: 9/8/08; Engaged: 9/8/11; Married 6/30/12
    TTC#1: 8/2013; BFP: 9/30/13; born June 2014 (boy)
    TTC#2: 2/2018; BFP: 2/26/18; MC 4/4/18.
    TTC#2: 4/2018; BFP: 5/12/18; EDD: 1/19/19 (boy)
    2 fur babies: Oakley Marley (11.5) & Ava Lynn (2)

BabyGaga
  • I don't have anything cool to update on the baby situation but irrational fear just wanted to weigh in... 

Fish. I'm scared of fish in tanks (not crazy about them in the open ocean/lake, but better than a tank). It's the truest definition of irrational fear -- I'm not actually afraid they'll do something, I just panic when I see them. I try to do "immersion therapy" by going to the aquarium every few years... I still freak out. There's an aquarium in Las Vegas at the Mandalay Bay where there is a tunnel of glass you walk through... I had to run through! 

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• edited November 2018
    EDD? 1/27

Symptoms? 
    Heartburn, insomnia, itchy belly, back pain

Upcoming Appointments?
    next Tuesday; going every 2 weeks now

R/R/Q?
    Rave: My office has an attached parking garage. I’ve never used it because you have to sign up to use it for a year and pay a monthly fee. Our office manager came by this morning and told me that an employee has recently left the company but paid for his parking spot for the rest of the year. She said I can park in his spot to protect myself and baby from walking in any icy/rainy conditions. 

Trypophobia. It’s a fear of things with tiny, irregular holes (seed pods, sponges, etc.). It’s not a paralyzing fear, it’s more like seeing something like that makes my skin crawl. 
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• EDD? 1/24

Symptoms? Heartburn. Dry & bloody nose. Congestion. Swelling started. Greeeat.

Upcoming Appointments? Tomorrow for my 30th wk appt.

R/R/Q? It just hit me today. I think we are supposed to register at the hospital at some point. I don’t remember when I registered w DD. I’ll ask OB tomorrow! 

GTKY: What is an irrational fear you have? Okay, this is laughable to many but IDGAF! I am SOOOO afraid of birds. Pigeons are the worst. If there is a flock of birds chilling outside Target parking lot, I’ll legit wait it out before I shop til I drop and that is saying A LOT considering how much I love Target. Same goes for Starbucks parking lot. Just giving you all an idea of how much I am afraid of them.  
  • @saltedcaramel518 that’s great about the parking spot!
    @AliKay20 I was given paperwork basically at 24 weeks/viability to go register and it was recommended I do so ASAP just to have it in the system in case. I’d definitely ask at your next appt!

EDD? 22nd

Symptoms? So fucking exhausted. Lots of reflux (which is bringing the nausea back). Insomnia. Lower back and hip pain. Easily out of breath. Basically all the third tri standards.

Upcoming Appointments? Growth scan on Tuesday.

R/R/Q? The growth scan is because I had hypertension with DD, which keeps me labeled as high risk for hypertension and pre-e this time, both of which can result in restricted fetal growth. Which is serious business and I’d rather be safe than sorry. But at the same time, I feel like you can just look at my absolutely massive bump and know he isn’t too small.

so I live in the SF Bay Area, and I’m low grade freaked out by all this smoke. Not to mention trying to keep DD who is HIGH energy happy while she’s not allowed outside is rough. And then all the fire stories + pregnancy hormones have me sobbing on the regular. I feel so bad for everyone actually affected. And also I want this smoke to clear out of our air.

GTKY: I used to say Lizards, then Planet Earth 2 convinced me that isn’t so irrational. PG it’s probably pre-term labor since I have nothing that makes me high-risk for it and DD wasn’t pre-term it anything.
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Thank you for including us in the 15-21 week! Lol

EDD? Jan 21

Symptoms? Aches & pains in my back and abdomen. Lots of shortness of breath due to baby crowding my lungs. 

Upcoming Appointments? Ultrasound on Monday, followed by a centering appointment. Appointment starting every 2 weeks starting this month. 

R/R/Q? I really need my assistant manager to step up and start taking on some more responsibility at work. She keeps insisting she wants to, but her attitude is just showing that. 

GTKY: What is an irrational fear you have?  Hmmm irrational fear? The only thing I can think of is that I am irrationally afraid of abandoned mental hospitals. I had to stop watching that season of American Horror story because it was freaking me out too much. I am not much of a believer in ghosts or hauntings or whatever, but something about those places just give me the willies!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Edd- 1/21

Symptoms- heartburn, tired ( I pass out when I go to sleep but I wake up several times during the night to switch sleep positions and use the restroom ), pregnancy brain, the usual

Upcoming appointments - Nov 29th

Irrational fear- not sure that I have any Irrational ones... I have things I dislike- spiders, elevators, snakes, but I don't think I'm super scared of them....