Trying to Get Pregnant

Clomid and Prometrium

Hey guys!  I am new here :)

I just started clomid today and my doc also prescribed me prometrium since I have a SHORT luteal phase (8-9 days).  Last cycle, we just just the clomid alone to see if it would lengthen my cycle and surprise, surprise, IT SHORTENED IT!  So, I plan to take prometrium to try to lengthen my luteal phase and my cycle in general.  My question is, when should I start taking the prometrium?  My doc said I should start taking it after from CD 8 - CD 28, which sounds not right to me?  Everything I read says that you should take prometrium until AFTER you ovulate?  Any ideas?  I even asked the nurse about it and she confirmed that I should start taking it from CD 8 - CD 28?

Help!

Re: Clomid and Prometrium

• mpauer said:
    Hey guys!  I am new here :)

I just started clomid today and my doc also prescribed me prometrium since I have a SHORT luteal phase (8-9 days).  Last cycle, we just just the clomid alone to see if it would lengthen my cycle and surprise, surprise, IT SHORTENED IT!  So, I plan to take prometrium to try to lengthen my luteal phase and my cycle in general.  My question is, when should I start taking the prometrium?  My doc said I should start taking it after from CD 8 - CD 28, which sounds not right to me?  Everything I read says that you should take prometrium until AFTER you ovulate?  Any ideas?  I even asked the nurse about it and she confirmed that I should start taking it from CD 8 - CD 28?

Help!
    QFP

Hi and welcome to the board!  We do things a little different around here and one-off posts like yours are generally frowned upon; if everyone posted their own thread for a question, the board would quickly become inundated and the threads with people needing support would get lost.  

If you haven't already, please read the threads pinned at the top, intro in the weekly thread and then this would actually go great in our monthly question thread!  

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Hi, and welcome the TTGP!  This board operates a little bit differently than many other message boards, and you'll find that we generally avoid one-off posts like this (as they are easy to get lost or overlooked).  At the top of the page you'll find a "Read this" thread and there should be a weekly introduction thread, too.  

Questions like this go great in our weekly Chart Stalk/Questions (CS/Q) thread, or you may need to seek more clarification from your doctor.

Welcome to TTGP!

**QFP**

Hey guys!  I am new here 

Help!

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you! Will do!