April 2019 Moms

Week 1 check-in w/o 11/12

GTKY stolen from March 19

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: What’s your favorite way to spend a cold or rainy day?

Re: Week 1 check-in w/o 11/12

• Due date: 4/2/19

Any appointments? Questions?: I have my 20 week appointment Thursday, complete with early glucola testing :smile:

Rants/Raves?: None

How are you feeling?: Good! I've hit the -wait I'm pregnant?- Second Trimester groove. Smooth sailing.

GTKY: What’s your favorite way to spend a cold or rainy day? Definitely napping and cooking.

Married: 11/2011
    DS-9/2012
    DD-7/2015
    Sweet Angel Boy born too soon 12/17/17
    EDD-4/2019

• Due date: 4/2 - 20 weeks today means HALFWAY TO TERM!

Any appointments? Questions?: anatomy u/s went well!  Shots still suck.

Rants/Raves?: rave: 4 weeks to viability! And I will be celebrating every week after 26 weeks.

Rant: apparently there’s no refill available for my shots. But they’ve called my provider to say they’re sending a different version this week so it seems the order is for more than 4...

How are you feeling?: peachy :smile:

GTKY: What’s your favorite way to spend a cold or rainy day? 

Agreed on cooking and baking. Keeps me warm inside and out!

• Loading the player...
  • Due date: 4/7--still at 19 weeks

Any appointments? Questions?: Had anatomy u/s and everything went well! Have my usual follow up in a couple of weeks

Rants/Raves?: Super excited that my husband made a delicious chili for this freezing weather

How are you feeling?: Great--random pains here and there but I believe they're just growth

GTKY: What’s your favorite way to spend a cold or rainy day? snuggling up with a cup of something hot (preferably chocolate) and watching a movie

• Due date:  4/1/19 Halfway there!!

Any appointments? Questions?: 20 week u/s on Thursday.  So excited to see the little meatball.

Rants/Raves?:  I’ve been in the same place as @BarefootContessa, the wait, I’m pregnant? stage for quite awhile now.  Hoping I start to feel him move soon. 

How are you feeling?: I feel great! Tired sometimes, but other than that and the diabetes, I can say I love being pregnant (right now)

GTKY: What’s your favorite way to spend a cold or rainy day? Napping, reading, binge watching tv

• Due date: April 1, 2019. Like @aqualicious I am excited to be halfway there!

Any appointments? Questions?: Nothing this week, midwife check-in next week. 

Rants/Raves?: Not much this week. All my energy is going into house hunting so I am finding myself a little distracted from the pregnancy.

How are you feeling?: Tired but okay. I think I finally found a therapist I click with and that is definitely helping my mood.

GTKY: What’s your favorite way to spend a cold or rainy day? Netflix + pizza + wine + bed.

• My little Poptart is due 4.2

20 week u/s + check-up tomorrow. DH and I are bringing his mom along; I'm looking forward to that. And we plan on enjoying a steak dinner at our house afterwards. Oh yeah!

Does anyone have plans to travel for Thanksgiving or Christmas? DH and I plan on traveling by car to see my brother for Christmas but I feel uncomfortable sitting for a long time already so I'm not sure what to expect in another month.

I'm falling more in love with my little guy or girl every week; I can hardly wait to see baby face-to-face and look into those sweet eyes. 20 weeks is so awesome but still so far to go.

I'm feeling really good. It's cool to feel baby move around in there, although his/her kicks are, in my opinion, so strong that I'm worried about how much it will hurt later on in this trimester. I worry because it feels uncomfortable now...

GTKY: What’s your favorite way to spend a cold or rainy day? I'm with @aqualicious and @aggie0812

• Due date: April 2 (20 weeks today!)

Any appointments? Questions?: Just had 20 week u/s today. Everything looked great (according to the technician, since it mostly was blobs on a screen to me). Relieving to get confirmation that she looks good!

Rants/Raves?: Had a bit of spotting this am. Totally freaked out, used home doppler and felt better when I saw healthy heartbeat of 150. And having ultrasound today was also good timing for my peace of mind. The spotting went away as fast as it arrived and I realized I had strained when I had a bm, and some sexual activity last night, all which could have apparently led to a blood vessel on my cervix bursting. Anyway, happy now that it seems to have passed. And at same time can't wait for this wee one to be viable! @lyse01 Is it really 24 weeks? That is soon!

How are you feeling?: Good! Went to Yosemite this weekend for my birthday weekend, did a lot of hiking and was so happy that I could still do it! Only a bit slower than the usual me. My hips were pretty sore by end of trip, but recovered fine and feel strong. I have not been exercising much of late, so it was good to get the blood pumping! 

GTKY: What’s your favorite way to spend a cold or rainy day? I love hearing about your favorite ways to spend a cold, rainy day! I think I would do a combo- baking and movie watching. Or go to a place with hot springs or at least hot tubs to soak. About to make a batch of shortbread cookies for our dog sitter now! @mighty_montgomery I'm heading to Monterey (just 2-3 hour drive) for a babymoon during thanksgiving. Pretty excited! 

• @laurainoakland yeah, 24 weeks is generally considered viable. There are def micropreemies who survived being born before then (I think 22+5 is the youngest, but don’t quote me on that), but the odds increase significantly at 24 weeks. And the odds jump again at 26 weeks because of lung development.

Most states have laws on the books that direct medical professionals to provide all care once the baby hits 24 weeks, while those younger can have care provided or withheld in accordance with parents’ wishes. The laws are based on a standard understanding of viability circa 1970 or so. There’s some debate about moving “viability” back because of those 23 weekers that have survived/medical advances, but I think most legislatures are taking a humane approach of benign legislative neglect because the risks are so high for major disability (also, there’s major cost to the state for NICU care, early intervention programs, special education, disability payments, welfare, etc; AND requiring care at the actual edge of viability would back right up against anatomy scans where many issues are discovered...a tight squeeze if parents decide to terminate a pregnancy). 

TL;DR: by the time group 4 hits halfway we’ll be hitting viability! WOOT!
  • @laurainoakland Nice! That sounds like a wonderful vacation coming up!
    My anatomy u/s went well. Mil has the gender in an envelope and a potty shot to go with it.
    Poptart is measuring at 12 oz, in the 49th percentile, but his/her head is measuring in the 11th percentile (Thank you, Lord). 10th and lower is considered a concern, so my ob is having me come in to get another measurement of the head next month to see if it's staying in the 11th percentile or has dropped. She said that there may be a bloodflow issue so she wants to have at least one more u/s done to measure the head. But otherwise our little guy or girl is doing fine, and my mil told me after the appointment that she and her mil were told their babies' heads measured small as well. So I'm not concerned about the possible bloodflow issue, but I am really appreciative that my ob cares enough to follow-up on it just in case.
  • By the way, happy belated birthday @laurainoakland ! 🎉🎊
  • Due date:  4/4/2019 (20 Weeks)

Any appointments? Questions?: Had the 20-week scan on 11/12 then my 20-week appt on 11/14. Doctor appointment went well.  We listened to the heartbeat (154) 💗 most beautiful sound. Dr said the 20-week scan was good, the baby is 11 ounces and the only reason I need to go back again next week for another scan is so they can get a better view of the heart. The baby was napping and wouldn’t move into another position. But everything is looking good. I have an anterior placenta. Still, don't know the sex because I didn't look, DH was looking but doesn't have a clue what he was looking for anyway. We are negative for Down syndrome and spina bifida.  Next appointment is in 4 weeks. 🤗 They never gave me any percentiles that the baby was falling into. Should I ask when I go on Tuesday 11/20?

Rants/Raves?: No rants or raves but I can say that I hate my maternity pants right now. They keep falling down.

How are you feeling?: I feel great! Tired sometimes, but other than that really great. I have finally let go of my anxiety and I am really embracing the pregnancy and happy to be in a much better place. Oh yeah, I started getting heartburn.

GTKY: What’s your favorite way to spend a cold or rainy day? Napping, I love to sleep!!

• @abbikakez hello! Sure, if you want to know, definitely ask about percentiles. I'm assuming your doctor wasn't concerned abour baby being too big or too small since you weren't told anything about it. Those things I like to know, though.
    My maternity pants are falling down too right now, but I haven't bothered to wear a belt. I just deal with it. Mine are hand-me-downs.

@BarefootContessa and @aqualicious hpw did your appointment go on Thursday?
  • @mighty_montgomery, it went well.  Baby is measuring about 2 weeks ahead, which would coincide with my last period, but my first ultrasound showed that I wasn’t that far. I’ve never been regular with periods (would go 6-8 months without one, PCOS) so I didn’t question it.  Not changing our due date, but I know I for sure need to be ready before mid March.  My placenta is lower than they’d like, but they aren’t concerned.  Going to keep an eye on it.  Couldn’t get all the pictures they wanted of the 4 chambers, so I get another u/s in 4 weeks.  Thanks for asking!  
  • @abbikakez which percentiles are you looking for? Height/weight? My anatomy scan at 19+1 had the baby at about 12 oz but it’s not like they tell you decimal points so your 11 oz sounds reasonable to me (not a medical pro). I’ve mostly heard comparisons to a semi-standardized gestational growth chart (x days ahead/behind) with them caring much less about small variations as the weeks progress.

@aqualicious I get a bonus scan for the heart too! This is exciting because DD hid my glasses and I couldn’t actually see the anatomy scan in any detail. 

@laurainoakland Yosemite sounds lovely. DH, DD and I joined my parents, brother, and future SIL at a football game yesterday and I was thrilled DH was willing to carry DD for most of the day. And we ALMOST made an impromptu overnight trip of it, which I would have absolutely loved. Alas, I had not prepared for that possibility, so after a half hour of looking at Airbnbs farther north, we opted to drive back home. We still have to prepare for Thanksgiving in our town, a baptism three hours south, and Saturday Thanksgiving two hours north on three consecutive days this week. 
  • @lyse01 that sounds like a lot of driving! Safe travels! Also to anyone else on the road this thanksgiving week!
  • @mighty_montgomery Forgot to ask about percentiles as something else came up at the appointment but I will post about it in the current week

@lyse01I suppose height and weight but if they aren't concerned then neither am I.